• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

This can be good or bad: Gardevoir vs Wilhelm Ehrenburg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dziga said:
> Bland plots that make no sense

I don't know if that's just because of salt or what.
No I'm not being salty.

It's just that visual novels and light novels are sometimes notorious for making stupidly overpowered characters like featherine and the hadou gods in order to compensate for bland plot.

I learned this from another person. It might not be accurate but still it happens sometimes with visual novels.

DragonEmperor23 said:
So you dislike that stupidly overpowered characters get beaten by other stupidly overpowered characters?
No I'm just saying that the hadou gods are just so stupidly op that you need extremely powerful characters to stand a chance against them.

DragonEmperor23 said:
So you dislike that stupidly overpowered characters get beaten by other stupidly overpowered characters?
Beat me to the punch lol.

I was about to say "so what makes the characters you listed interesting and not the VN ones?"

Don't get me wrong, I know for a fact that Lucifer Morningstar, Ellaine Belloc, and a majority of the DI cast are interesting at this point though Bey is still a ******* prick. This is coming from someone who's (marginally) beyond that now.

So you're just shitposts because why not. This thread is doing nothing productive and everyone agrees this is a stomp, so can this be closed?

Dziga said:
So you're just shitposts because why not. This thread is doing nothing productive and everyone agrees this is a stomp, so can this be closed?
Let's close this before something bad happen

Dziga said:
I'm not shitposting okay. All I'm trying to say is that this thread needs to be closed cause it's a stomp in favor of masadaverse.

And I'm just providing examples of why this is a stomp in favor of masadaverse.

GyroNutz said:
If putting Wilhelm in a black hole will incap him, then Gardevoir has a shot. Otherwise yeah, it's a stomp.
Please can I have an answer to this

Pokemonfan807 said:
Still masadaverse characters like some other visual novel characters are notorious for being overpowered to compensate bland plots that make no sense.

I see what your telling but I just warn you when making matchups that involve stupidly op visual novels.
1. I don't understand how you can make such an assumption from a story you clearly have never read, especially considering that the plot in Dies Irae is extremely simplistic when broken down - basically it is like a western standoff taken up a dozen notches.

2. I didn't make this match up so I don't know what you are talking about.

Oh and Wilheim isn't "stupidly OP". Again, look at his Win-to-Loss ratio.

Why even list Featherine anyway? If you listed anyone else from Umineko I could see where you were coming from (disagree, but I'd understand). She's literally the peak of her verse. That's like hating on TOAA for being god. Because that's what Featherine is. God. Of course God is supposed to be OP and unbeatable.

The real cal howard said:
Why even list Featherine anyway? If you listed anyone else from Umineko I could see where you were coming from (disagree, but I'd understand). She's literally the peak of her verse. That's like hating on TOAA for being god. Because that's what Featherine is. God. Of course God is supposed to be OP and unbeatable.
I listed her to give an example of an stupidly op visual novel character.

I think HE from I/O would also count as another stupidly op visual novel character

@Drite does Wilhelm have something to prevent it then? Cause even if it's small, its still a black hole

Look, we're derailing. Hard. Just bing this up with me on my wall and we'll talk this out there. I'll probably force ask Warren to contribute too as he knows more about said verses than I.

GyroNutz said:
GyroNutz said:
If putting Wilhelm in a black hole will incap him, then Gardevoir has a shot. Otherwise yeah, it's a stomp.
Please can I have an answer to this
How do the black holes work? And how often is she willing to use them in-character?

If she feels she's in serious danger, she'll use them.

They work like normal black holes ig, there's only statements of her using them

I'm pretty sure they're probably Pseudo-Black Holes, otherwise a Gardevoir would probably have caused a catastrophic event sometime before.

I think the black hole can incapacitate Willy but I have to ask?

How long does the black hole last for?

If it is just a few minutes or something, then I'm pretty sure Wihielm just regenerates all the damage and destroys a know fully-exhausted Gardevoir.

I might be wrong though.

How do they even work, other than the Pokedex entry I don't know of any instance where Gardevoir creates a Black Hole or at the very least is explained.

It doesn't say how long the black hole lasts for. It just says that she can do it, and will do it when faced with serious danger (usually to her trainer, but likely her own life too).

It's only in the Pokedex entry, doesn't show up anywhere else afaik

Pokemonfan807 said:
Yeah and that Pokédex entries are often exaggerated or not true.
If anything, the Pokedex downplays most Pokemon. They're by far the most reliable in-game statements on Pokemon.

I'm starting to think the whole black-hole thing should just be treated as a meme, like the whole Magcargo's body temperature thing.

If anything, the Pokedex downplays most Pokemon. They're by far the most reliable in-game statements on Pokemon.

Not really reliable.

Example: Magcargo is stated to be as hot as the sun.

If that were true it would kill literally everything around it.

she would precog right? The issue i'm seeing here is if wil does his briah she would get sucked dried and if she isn't resistant to that or soul resistant yeah...And wil can teleport anywhere within the space but i figure precog. Though what about black hole?

@Pokemonfan it is reliable. Magcargo's body temperature isn't a threat to any Pokemon past babies. It's honestly far less impressive than it sounds

@Dziga

The place located on Paris, so of course it will be in daylight.

Also for people who accuse me for being stupid throwing pokemon against OP character, look at Gengar vs Rusalka.

Heck, Wilhelm is not that OP, he even lose to Brooke Augustine.

Regardless, if you still want continue, bring it somewhere, i don't want this match being closed due of extreme derailing.

Here's how I see the match playing out.

Gardevoir splatters Wilhelm a couple of times through sheer AP and range

Wilhelm comes back cause lol Low-godly

Gardevoir realises the immense danger she's in, coupled with her precog, so she creates a black hole to keep Wilhelm down.

So Gardevoir can win if she is able to create a black hole faster than Wilhelm can summon a moon and activate his briah, at which point he absorbs, and if the black hole keeps him down/incaps.

This is assuming Gardevoir leads with TK. She usually will imo, but there's a chance that she could lead with mindhax/hypnosis which will give Wilhelm a chance to activate his briah

mind hax won't work unless its stronger then Methuselah's mind hax tbf. It seems likely wil could activate briah faster which i suspect would drain her to be unable to use her black hole

Ik mind hax wouldn't work, I'm just saying that in the off chance she led with that, Wil gets a free attack p much.

How fast can he activate his briah

briah are thought based things with the chants being for dramatic effect (which even then its like under a second in real time at the very least)

Dziga said:
I'm starting to think the whole black-hole thing should just be treated as a meme, like the whole Magcargo's body temperature thing.
If Dusclops can easily create "black holes", I don't see why it can't Gardevoir, besides there are lots of proofs that what is established by the pokédex is legitimate, as for example official art.

ChandelurePKMNJp
"Being consumed in Chandelure's flame burns up the spirit, leaving the body behind."

VoidDusclopsblackholemangagen3

TISSG7Redgrave said:
briah are thought based things with the chants being for dramatic effect (which even then its like under a second in real time at the very least)
Ok so that activates faster than black holes. Last question(s), is his briah still active when he's regenerating/stuck in a black hole? And can he actually be kept in a black hole?

i have no clue all ik is u have to kill wil completely for it to go away or destroy the moon but its likely he can keep it active as long as he's alive (He was constantly regenerating against wolfie and the place was kept active.

I don't think the Pokémon version of black holes is true.

They are probably a super weak version of a real black hole or they are a pseudo black hole.

If they were like real black holes they would have destroyed the entire world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back