• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Third Grade Super Saiyan Multiplier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super Saiyan 2 was required to defeat Cell, so a hypothetical Grade 3 Gohan shouldn't have been enough

Meaning Super Saiyan 2 makes up the unquantifiable difference between Super Saiyan and Grade 2, the difference of 10 times from Grade 2 to Grade 3, the difference of 10 times from Perfect Cell to Grade 3 Perfect Cell, and then the <50% power statement

Using this logic, Super Saiyan 2 would be over 10,000 times base form

Super Saiyan 2 was required to defeat Cell, so a hypothetical Grade 3 Gohan shouldn't have been enough

Meaning Super Saiyan 2 makes up the unquantifiable difference between Super Saiyan and Grade 2, the difference of 10 times from Grade 2 to Grade 3, the difference of 10 times from Perfect Cell to Grade 3 Perfect Cell, and then the <50% power statement

Using this logic, Super Saiyan 2 would be over 10,000 times base form
No

We should get approval for the main point of this thread before discussing the other points. For manga only, I think we all can agree that Grade 3 is 10x stronger than Grade 2 which is unquantifiably stronger than Grade 1. SS2 is stronger than any of these.

Grade 1: 50x
Grade 2: >50x
Grade 3: >500x
Grade 4: 50x (most likely)
Grade 5/SS2: >>500x

We should get these accepted first before we start extrapolating for G4 multipliers in Toei.

I agree with the multiplier, though stacking 2x on it for anyone but Cell Saga Gohan probably wouldn't be acceptable considering the rejection from the other thread.

I disagree with Cell being weaker than mastered Super Saiyan Gohan.

I disagree with MSS having a higher multiplier since that's from 2 GT anime guides. If nothing else, we should just list Goku and Gohan's base forms as being a hell of a lot higher, which is very consistent with our Buu Saga scaling.

Last edited:
So Grade 3 = 10x Grade 2 which is unknown above regular SSJ, all of which are below Mastered SSJ?
Mastered SSJ (Grade 4) for manga is still 50x (equal to Grade 1, at best it's only slightly higher). The form's main emphasis is on energy efficiency and stamina rather than pure power. Not much of a reason to assume its stronger than even Grade 1.

If DBS is taken into account, Vegeta said that he and Cabba are equals in their base forms. Once both turn SS though, Vegeta is noticeably stronger than SS Cabba. Cabba had just awakened SS for the first time, while Vegeta has mastered it a long time ago. So Grade 4 might be slightly stronger than a fresh unmastered SSJ (Grade 1)

Semi-Perfect Cell didn't think much of SS Vegeta before he used 2G, believing he won't pose much of a challenge. Semi Cell gets curbstomped by SS 2G Vegeta. The gap between Grade 1 and Grade 2 is enough to turn the fight around from possibly getting curbstomped, to curbstomping the opponent instead.

Grade 3 is 10x Grade 2. Main point of the thread.

SS2 Gohan curbstomps Perfect Cell even when he used his own variant of Grade 3. SS2 also has multiple statements of being the most powerful out of all SS forms of the time.

1G SS (50x, currently accepted) =< 4G SS/MSS << 2G SS <(10x) 3G SS <<< SS2.

If DBS is taken into account, Vegeta said that he and Cabba are equals in their base forms. Once both turn SS though, Vegeta is noticeably stronger than SS Cabba. Cabba had just awakened SS for the first time, while Vegeta has mastered it a long time ago. So Grade 4 might be slightly stronger than a fresh unmastered SSJ (Grade 1)
I think that's a combo of skill and lower stamina drain, as well as less strain on the body.

I wouldn't use that to claim MSS1 is stronger. The act of transforming already takes a lot of energy. Vegeta's MSS1 should make it near-effortless to enter (so minimal drain) and he'd maintain max power for longer. So basically Cabba would already be considerably drained from transforming while Vegeta would be at near-peak stamina/power.

We should get approval for the main point of this thread before discussing the other points. For manga only, I think we all can agree that Grade 3 is 10x stronger than Grade 2 which is unquantifiably stronger than Grade 1. SS2 is stronger than any of these.

Grade 1: 50x
Grade 2: >50x
Grade 3: >500x
Grade 4: 50x (most likely)
Grade 5/SS2: >>500x

We should get these accepted first before we start extrapolating for G4 multipliers in Toei.
All in favor?

I think that's a combo of skill and lower stamina drain, as well as less strain on the body.
SSJ Vegeta no-sold SSJ Cabba's punch, I believe it's a nice example.
I wouldn't use that to claim MSS1 is stronger. The act of transforming already takes a lot of energy. Vegeta's MSS1 should make it near-effortless to enter (so minimal drain) and he'd maintain max power for longer. So basically Cabba would already be considerably drained from transforming while Vegeta would be at near-peak stamina/power.
You're claming SSJ has Golden Freeza levels of stamina drain when this has never been the case before the grades

SSJ Vegeta no-sold SSJ Cabba's punch, I believe it's a nice example.

You're claming SSJ has Golden Freeza levels of stamina drain when this has never been the case before the grades
Rewatching the fight, Cabba is explicitly stated to overpower Vegeta at first (even shown as such). The entire time Cabba is going crazy with endless attacks and blasts with Vegeta only no-selling his punch after being on the defensive for a while. So yeah, this is a case of Vegeta's superior stamina against Cabba's dwindling stamina. He only no-sold that punch because Cabba exhausted his power in a fit of rage.

And yeah, Piccolo should be a good source here given he's witnessed and understood how Super Saiyan has worked, plus it was stated Vegeta and Goku struggled to grow much stronger in the HTC before the tournament so there shouldn't have been any massive leaps to shock Piccolo with.

Enraged SS1 Cabba > MSS1 Vegeta >> Exhausted Enraged SS1 Cabba >>>> Base Vegeta = Base Cabba

Rewatching the fight, Cabba is explicitly stated to overpower Vegeta at first (even shown as such). The entire time Cabba is going crazy with endless attacks and blasts with Vegeta only no-selling his punch after being on the defensive for a while. So yeah, this is a case of Vegeta's superior stamina against Cabba's dwindling stamina. He only no-sold that punch because Cabba exhausted his power in a fit of rage.
I love two contradicting arguments being used for the same purpose, feels like I don't even need to do anything to debunk them. "Exhausted his power" is your headcanon
He was not tired,
And SSJ consistently has not shown this horrible level of stamina you just made up.

Although you're free to make a whole CRT to include this easily drainable stamina to the profiles though.
And yeah this is true as well. Not only did Cabba expend a ridiculous amount of power on his fit of rage before Vegeta could no-sell his punch but he was already badly injured before transforming, meaning he was nowhere near full power when he transformed.
Both can't be true. Either he was initially at full power and then dropped, or he never was. The latter implies Cabba's SSJ is stronger of all things.

I love two contradicting arguments being used for the same purpose, feels like I don't even need to do anything to debunk them. "Exhausted his power" is your headcanon
He was not tired,
And SSJ consistently has not shown this horrible level of stamina you just made up.

Although you're free to make a whole CRT to include this easily drainable stamina to the profiles though.

Both can't be true. Either he was initially at full power and then dropped, or he never was. The latter implies Cabba's SSJ is stronger of all things.
Rage serves as a way for characters (specifically saiyans) to exhibit higher levels of power than they are normally capable of. Cabba was already beaten badly then went Super Saiyan and was able to surpass Vegeta, as stated by Piccolo. In that scene we see him punching and blasting relentlessly, both actions being incredibly exhausting and even though Cabba was clearly still enraged, Vegeta ended up taking his last punch with no issue. That's after Vegeta's knees were shown buckling, Cabba overpowering his guard at one point and Vegeta even needing to defend at all.

You're claiming that, what? Vegeta was holding back that entire time? Well I'm afraid that doesn't align with the narrative. We have the writers depicting a character specifically state Cabba was overpowering Vegeta and we have them depict Cabba exhausting his power on attacking him relentlessly, evident in what Cabba is doing. It's never stated or shown that Vegeta was holding back.

And as for Super Saiyan being straining on the body? Already cited earlier. By Tien, Piccolo and even Vegeta. Three characters backing up the idea that Super Saiyan is incredibly straining to maintain in a single page.

Cabba was already injured, meaning it took more energy to do anything due to the injuries, so his power came from rage. He, due to rage, punched, kicked and blasted with all his might exhausting his reserves and, despite initially being significantly stronger, ended up unable to even phase Vegeta despite still rage boosting because he exhausted his energy earlier via Super Saiyan + Inefficient rage-based attacks.

Point being, there's no way in hell Cabba vs Vegeta can be used for scaling MSS1 and SS1. There's too many factors involved (Injury, energy waste, Super Saiyan being straining, rage-boosted power) to actually determine how similar their powers are. The most we have is that a Rage-boosted SS1 is superior to an MSS1 in raw power. That's it.

We have 3 staff agrees now right?

Grade 3 = 10x SSJ
SSJ2 = at least 10x SSJ

I feel after this we need to do
  • Manga scaling revisions
  • Toeiverse revisions and maybe a MSSJ CRT
  • Find out how to find multipliers for stronger forms like SSJ3, there’s got to be more guides and statements on that form.
  • Use SSJG Goku > SSJ Vegito for a 50x SSJ3 multiplier

I disagree with MSS having a higher multiplier since that's from 2 GT anime guides. If nothing else, we should just list Goku and Gohan's base forms as being a hell of a lot higher, which is very consistent with our Buu Saga scaling.
It's actually not, though. It's from the anime comics and dragon boxes, which give information internally consistent with each other

Grade 3 = 10x SSJ
SSJ2 = at least 10x SSJ

I feel after this we need to do
  • Find out how to find multipliers for stronger forms like SSJ3, there’s got to be more guides and statements on that form.
Tbf manga scaling needed to be revised when Oozaru got accepted too but now we can add onto it with Saiyans prolly being solar system in Ssj in Buu saga

Grade 3 = 10x SSJ
SSJ2 = at least 10x SSJ
I thought we agreed 100% SSJ2 = 2x Grade 3 = 20x SSJ
OK.
OK
Ok
Surprised we don't use that already, ngl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back