• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Wizard King Vs The Boar's Sin of Gluttony

I'm fairly certain "seeing" the magic has little to do with August's magic, since u can't "see" mind reading and you can't see an invisible force that's altering your perception of time

The whole seeing was based on Gildart's observation of it. He didn't know about CS getting copied. I've always taken it as "all magic that occurs within his field of vision" seeing as some of them he cannot see but still get copied while the only time it wasn't negged instantly, it was from behind.

So long as Merlin is within his sight, her stuff gets auto nulled and he can just use it himself.

Then his page needs to be changed. It says he needs to witness the magic.

@Anonymous

I don't think you read the portion about her being resistant to power nullification. Or nulling his magic with absolute cancel or magic seal. Keep in mind, unlike Merlin, August doesn't have resistance to power nullification. And while reading minds is certainly helpful, it doesn't increase his combat speed. So if Merlin thinks absolute cancel and performs it, his copied ability is gone just like that. Or whatever spell it was that he was using.

He isn't nulling her, he is nulling her spells. Unless they have resistance to being nulled, they get nulled.

August doesn't need resistance seeing as he can null any spell he sees. She literally needs to hit him with the spell without him seeing her.

No one said it increases his combat speed.

So long as she thinks within his line of sight, its irrelevant.

Infinity literally is "I work forever without Merlin having to do anything". So yes, it has resistance to being nulled.

I'm sorry but that comes across as plain NLF to me, a spell that works forever and is completely resistant to external influence? Come on

Davidsteel1 said:
I'm sorry but that comes across as plain NLF to me, a spell that works forever and is completely resistant to external influence? Come on
Welp. They call it cheating many times in the show. So the effect is legit, but even the author recognizes its stupidity.

@Anonymous

Her spells are her power. She has resistance to power nullification. August isn't nullifying what she does. I think you all are trying to make a difference between the spell, and the effect of said spell when both are under her power. This isn't like Natsu where the effect of his fire is a burn mark. Her magic produces magical effects unless it's some kind of physical attack. Not to mention that trying to null absolute cancel or magic seal would be nulling an attack that nulls attacks in the first place, which makes no sense.

August does need resistance seeing as how Merlin can do the exact same. And her spells won't be nulled for the reasoning I provided above. Her spells are her power. And she has resistance to power nullification. Enough said.

If August copies Merlin's magic, that's an effect he has on himself. A magical property that can be nullified with absolute cancel.

Reason I bring up reading minds as not increasing one's combat speed is so no one is suddenly like August is going to miraculously counteract everything Merlin does before she can do it. Not quite how it works. Having knowledge does not mean having the ability to stop it. He doesn't have an answer for absolute cancel, or magic seal. And I've already explained why they can't be nulled, aside from why it wouldn't make sense anyhow as by the time he would attempt to nullify it, his powers, or magic effect, would already be cancelled.

Litentric Teon said:
@Anonymous
Her spells are her power. She has resistance to power nullification. August isn't nullifying what she does. I think you all are trying to make a difference between the spell, and the effect of said spell when both are under her power. This isn't like Natsu where the effect of his fire is a burn mark. Her magic produces magical effects unless it's some kind of physical attack. Not to mention that trying to null absolute cancel or magic seal would be nulling an attack that nulls attacks in the first place, which makes no sense.

August does need resistance seeing as how Merlin can do the exact same. And her spells won't be nulled for the reasoning I provided above. Her spells are her power. And she has resistance to power nullification. Enough said.

If August copies Merlin's magic, that's an effect he has on himself. A magical property that can be nullified with absolute cancel.

Reason I bring up reading minds as not increasing one's combat speed is so no one is suddenly like August is going to miraculously counteract everything Merlin does before she can do it. Not quite how it works. Having knowledge does not mean having the ability to stop it. He doesn't have an answer for absolute cancel, or magic seal. And I've already explained why they can't be nulled, aside from why it wouldn't make sense anyhow as by the time he would attempt to nullify it, his powers, or magic effect, would already be cancelled.
august have slowing magic to slowdown merlin, which llok like august speed is increased but actually its merlin who become slower.

merlin get her own magic seal, her power nullification resistance comesfrom estaross commandment cause she was bless by SD, chandler still able to null her power and we are able to see merlin child form

@Litentric

No one said there is a difference between the spell and its effect, we are pointing out the enormous difference between the spell someone casts and they themselves. Your argument for her spells being her power makes absolutely no sense as the same can be said for everyone August fights. August isn't stopping them from using magic but stopping their magic from doing anything. Merlin can throw around spells all day but they won't be doing a thing to August.

Nulling spells that null things is once more different as Merlin is targetting him while he is targetting the spell. The best you can argue is they cancel each other out but that is still getting the job done for August.

If August copies her magic, thats a power that he is now virtually immune to.

@anonymous blank

Given that all uses of magic in FT require there casters to expend energy August would have to expend energy to nullify Merlin's spells meaning she could uses her higher power level to just hammer away at him till he runs out of power.

Except said 6Bs are based of a calc that has no proof of being 6B.

Vaporization has zero evidence

The current 6-B calc needs to be discussed after the series ends, the characters will likely go back to High 6-C if the current calc gets downgraded

@Delta

1. Its never shown to tax him in the slightest even after fighting/nulling multiple High 7-As and 6-Cs in rapid succession. Saying it would require more energy to null more powerful stuff has no basis.

2. Even if it were true, August has minimum High 6-B amounts magic power from casting Ars Magia and he looked unfazed still. Merlin isn't beating him before he runs out of power.

@mich

fair, so these 2 at the very least equals.

@ anonmousblank

1) with the exception of common sense and not considering his nul to be NFL levels of power.

2) Using Ars magia requires all his magic and life to use. By the same logic the fact that Merlin can cast casually at low 6-B (or 'at least 6-B' if you count perfect cube) whilst August is restricted to high 6-C so logicaly merlin has far more magical energy he does.

@Anonymous

That sounds more like August just straight up has resistance to spells of whomever he copies as opposed to actually nullifying the spells and what they do. Which is different from nullifying the spell. He's simply unaffected. It's like the difference between a card in Yu-Gi-Oh being unaffected by card effects and one being able to negate card effects. The result of the initial effect failing is the same, but the reasons are different. And that's important here.

Also, just to note. I'll use Jee-Han since I'm far more familiar with him. Say he casts shackles on someone. The effect of his spell produces shackles. To nullify those shackles is indeed a form of power nullification as it's negating the effects of his magic power. That's what power nullification is. Like mentioned above, Natsu burned off Sting's sigil, which counts as limited Power Nullification. Did Natsu negate Sting's magic period, no. But he negated the effects of his spell, and received limited power nullification as a result. The concept is the same.

Delta3000 said:
@mich

fair, so these 2 at the very least equals.

@ anonmousblank

1) with the exception of common sense and not considering his nul to be NFL levels of power.

2) Using Ars magia requires all his magic and life to use. By the same logic the fact that Merlin can cast casually at low 6-B (or 'at least 6-B' if you count perfect cube) whilst August is restricted to high 6-C so logicaly merlin has far more magical energy he does.
Most of the merlin magic is amped by infinity(a form of time manipulation). By this logic irene can cast universe 1 without any side efecr, even if it a realitvwrapping, she still need channel her power to whole country and keep the spell active, which is a high 6-B feat. Anf august>irene

You can't always pull the nlf card without proper reasoning

@teon nope,august null the effect of spell when he copy it, he didn't have resistance to that spell,he null the opponent spell

And here is where we differ. Merlin is resistant to power null, agreed. We differentiate between Merlin and her spells, you don't.

Merlin is listed with power nullification cause sd protection against lova commandment, cause she get her power null by her own attack when chandler fc it

The Love Commandment stops the User from activating their attacks, it does not power null attacks that are already activated. If that's the only place her resis comes from then it's not stopping August.

I mean, Merlin's spells are her power. I'm not sure why there's such a big difference between Merlin herself, and her spells. Her spells are a projection of her power. Both she and her spells can be subject to power null, only she's apparently resistant to such. Keep in mind that many spells in NNT dissipate once their wielder dies. This is a strong hint that there's not a real difference between power null aimed at the spell or the wielder, and that the wielder and the spells they cast are connected.

Regardless, if Merlin starts with magic seal like how she did against Chandler, I'm pretty sure August would be powernulled and that would be it.

Also, August's page still says that he needs to witness someone using a magic to use it. If this is not true then I would recommend that someone change that.

Also, if Merlin shouldn't have resistance to power null, then it should be removed. It seems like there is some uncertainty about it.

Back