• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Wizard King Vs The Boar's Sin of Gluttony

Note:depsite the ap difference i don't think it's a stomp, if it is, i will remove it

Well, Merlin's AP comes strictly from her Magic and August's Power Negates all Non-Holder magic, so any spell Merlin does won't work against August, and then he also gains that magic for his own, so August could obtain Infinity, and then completely wreck Merlin, not to mention being able to use all the spells Merlin has against herself

So, even tho August's lacking the AP, he is like the perfect counter to Merlin, so I give the win to August

Merlin has resistance to power nullification though. And she also has power nullification of her own through absolute cancel.

August didnt nullify the opponet magic power, he nullify the spell, mean if you attack him with s fire spell and he copy it, then you can use same fire spell again, but that spell not going to hurt him anymore(iirc)

Litentric Teon said:
She's still resistant to power nullification, on top of having power nullification of her own.
Her power get sealed, and august didn't null opponet power, he null spell effect

But her spell is her power. Negating her spell is a form of power nullification. Negating what the spell does, is a form of power nullification. It's literally why Natsu has limited resistance to power nullification. He burned away the effects of Sting's spell.

Say she casts absolute cancel. If he can only cancel the effects of a spell, then that means he'd have to somehow cancel the effect of not being able to use magic...which won't happen because absolute cancel makes it so he can't use magic iirc.

I'm pretty sure absolute cancel into anything would give Merlin a win here.

IIRC merlin get power nullification cause she can resist estaross commandment(not sure here correct me),Natsu didn't have resistance to power nullification, he can nullify magic attack by burning it.

Merlin get her own power seal when chandler full counter her magic attack, proving that she is not fully immune to magic attack, also AC only cancel a spell effect, if she true to use the magic seal on August, August will copy it(since it still a magic attack) august can read her mind and use slowing magic to slow her movement, then use sleep magic to put her in sleep

Gg

I can't recall with regards to Merlin, to be fair. Also, doesn't full counter reflect magic, not seal it? I'm also unsure if someone can actually reflect absolute cancel. But regardless, I don't believe August can reflect magic. Also, I think Merlin's page says that someone has to be stronger than her or something in order to do that.

And that was my mistake with Natsu. He showcased power nullification itself, not resistance to it, through burning away the effects of Sting's spell. But this manner of power nullification is very similar to August's if he negates the effects of spells.

Only August won't be able to since to copy a magic he has to first witness it, according to his profile.

If he witnesses absolute cancel then his magic is already nullified. And then Merlin proceeds to do anything else with her magic to kill him.

Litentric Teon said:
I can't recall with regards to Merlin, to be fair. Also, doesn't full counter reflect magic, not seal it? I'm also unsure if someone can actually reflect absolute cancel. But regardless, I don't believe August can reflect magic. Also, I think Merlin's page says that someone has to be stronger than her or something in order to do that.

And that was my mistake with Natsu. He showcased power nullification itself, not resistance to it, through burning away the effects of Sting's spell. But this manner of power nullification is very similar to August's if he negates the effects of spells.

Only August won't be able to since to copy a magic he has to first witness it, according to his profile.

If he witnesses absolute cancel then his magic is already nullified. And then Merlin proceeds to do anything else with her magic to kill him.
The thing is august copy magic instantly,he isntantly copy gildarts magic after it was used on him, AC nullify spell, it didn't seal anyone magic, it only "remove effect". Magic seal is still a magic based attack, so august can copy and nullify it, or reflect it with reflector, or did i forget i mention that august can hear all merlin thoghts,so he was always one step ahead of her. My reason is still valid

"The thing is august copy magic instantly, he instantly copy gildarts magic after it was used on him"

You realize that if absolute cancel is used on him then his magic is nullified, meaning he actually cannot copy Merlin's magic. That actually just proved the point I was making.

The mind reading is nice, but reading her mind as she starts with it won't increase reaction time. And he still has to witness it to copy it, as is stated on his page. It seems like you're saying that August will nullify her magic by copying it, but in order to copy it he must see it used on him. The issue is that, if it's used on him, it nullifies his magic in the first place such that not only can he not copy it, he won't have access to his magic in general.

Hence, the absolute cancel into gg.

Absolute cancel on cancel magic spell casted on someone else, it didn't cancel someone magic power, and for reaction time as i mention in my comments he got racer slowing magic, again absolute cancel only cancel magic "spell"it didn't cancel someone power, and merlin didn't just start with absolte cancel either. My point it still valid

Oh, you're arguing something different from what I thought. You're arguing that Merlin's absolute cancel only cancels the effects of spells.

That's correct, my mistake. I'm mixing up her magic seal with her absolute cancel. August doesn't have an answer to magic seal, to he could have his magic sealed and be bombarded with magic to give Merlin a win. And, even if Merlin opted for some other magic and had her abilities copied, they won't be nullified because she resists that. So Merlin still has the more likely victory here.

Merlin.

1) August only win 1 of three ways: sleep magic; dismantling via crash magic or sending her attacks back at her with reflector. Merlin can counter these via transferring herself to Aldan in the cases of sleep and being dismantled. reflector isn't likely to be a problem as it was shown to be unable to deflect very powerful attacks such as when Jellal one shot Midnight with sema.

2) August cannot copy Merlin's magic. I say this because Gemini who has the same/similar magic as August is incapable of copying anyone stronger than they/their summoner is.

3) Merlin can cast spells via Aldan - casting spells via an object is the definition of holder magic.

A minor note; reading Merlin's mind could result in August getting mind ****** if she notices him doing it.

Delta3000 said:
1)it's random fight, merlin didn't know august power, so it not like she just transfer herself to the orb when the fight is start. August can blitz her using slowing magic, then can attack her physically or just do sleep magic

2)August never show any weakness like gemini, gemini tranformed into that opponent, while august copy magic, august magicÔëágemini magic, it's just a head canon so i am ignoring it.

3)again it's a random fight with no prior knowledge, it's not like merlin can't do that but it very unlikely to start with it.

Fro your note- it's hearing magic which let you heae opponent thoughts,weaknees and strength, it's not a mind manipulation, or mind control like cusack

@dragonemperour23

Gemini is a magical being named after the constellation.

@1997KD and only for point 2 Hst master

1) She would transfer herself in the event of her body being incapacitated. Blitzing her with slowing magic wouldn't work, since August can only use one type of magic at a time he would have to attack her physically and with her durability that isn't going to work.

2) The reason I'm inclined to believe hat August and Gemini have the same ability is because when Gildarts figured out August's weakness he also gave the reason for this weakness: August cannot copy holder type magic because he lacks the specific magic item(s) required to use holder type magic. Gemini on the other hand also has the power to transform into people, gaining replicas of their equipment in the process which lets Gemini bypass copy magic's main weakness. from this you can assume they have the same magic and therefore the same weakness.

3) true Merlin has no prior knowledge but with her intelligence and analytical skills she would figure it out much quicker than Gildarts did.

True but there are plenty of cases in fiction of mind readers being caught in the act by others who have mental powers, hell some times the person being read doesn't even have mind powers and the reader still gets detected. one example would be August himself.

2) Except you just pointed out why August and Gemini don't have the same magic. Gemini can copy whatever they want including appearance as long as it's similar to their strength. August doesn't have this weakness but cannot copy holder type magic. Simply because they belong to the same category of magic doesn't mean they have the exact same mechanics.

Delta3000 said:
True but there are plenty of cases in fiction of mind readers being caught in the act by others who have mental powers, hell some times the person being read doesn't even have mind powers and the reader still gets detected. one example would be August himself.
1)i need to re-read ch i will respond on that point

2)august didnt have that weakness you cannot create it, it just a head canon of yours

3)gildarts and cana was fighting together, he get the idea by seeing that august dodge cana card. And merlin is not physically strong as gildarts to hand that long. Another thing is august can't copy the magic as long as magic is not infused with any item.

Hearing magic is not a mind manipulation is just a mind reading, cusack try to control her whilr august is only reading her, you maybe right but merlin lack feat in this categories

@ Hst master

No I pointed out that Gemini uses it's transformation magic to negate one of copy magics weaknesses.

From what has been shown and stated of copy magic it has 2 weaknesses: it cannot copy holder type magic unless the copy wizard has the appropriate holder type item and a copy magic user cannot copy anyone stronger than they are.

And even if August can copy Merlin's powers she still retains an advantage in raw stats, intelligence, experience and magic items.

@ 1997KD

2) Assuming august doesn't have one of the known weaknesses of his magic type just because he was never put in a situation that would demonstrate it is stupid.

3) Why would August doge Cana's cards (and let Gildarts punch him in the face with his prosthetic arm) when she is to weak to harm him and he as reflector. the most reasonable explanation I can think of is: A)he is subconsciously inclined to reveal his weaknesses or B) he doesn't know about, or can't use (implying he can only use the specific spells he has seen), the defensive abilities of reflector. If its a he could slip up and revel his weakness; if it's B then he has less defensive capabilities than we thought. Or it's both A and B

'Another thing is august can't copy the magic as long as magic is not infused with any item'. are you referring to his inability to copy holder magic or something else?

Magic item is not allowed since it a random encounter, all she have is her orb, Again geminiÔëáaugust himself

A non canon ft character can copy magic without any weaknees tho, Gemini can copy magic cause he tranform into that characters

While august can copy any magic and nullifed it. Their ability are not same It didn't matter if a x character posses that weakness mean y character posses it tho.

No. August has never been shown or implied. Especially when his copy magic works radically different than Gemini's who copies a persons appearance to use their magic.

Belonging tto the same category =/= having the same weakness.

Merlin stats come from her magic attack not from her physical ap

August is not dumb either, he is intellegent himself, experience didn't matter that much if you opponent can taank everything you have

I'm just gonna point out that while August and Gemini's abilities are similar they are still distinct from each other and hence should not be compared.

Gemini's powers work by transforming into an enemy of comparable power and not only gaining their magic but also their memories experience and to an extent the character of whom they copy. August's works by copying and instantly nullifying the powers of whomever he's facing against him while at the same time granting him greater mastery of said magic than the original user.

They are fairly distinct and as such we cannot say that certain weaknesses and strengths carry over.

AnonymousBlank said:
August copies and negs anything Merlin does unless she power nulls him from behind.
That doesnt stop her from miniaturizing him and putting him in a bottle, tho.

@Pachi2 isn't that still magic? If it is then he can copy, null and just return to his original size. He was literally broken down into tiny cube sized pieces but he just went "nope" and put himself back together

Davidsteel1 said:
@Pachi2 isn't that still magic? If it is then he can copy, null and just return to his original size. He was literally broken down into tiny cube sized pieces but he just went "nope" and put himself back together
Infinity cannot be reversed. That's its whole gimmick.

PaChi2 said:
Let's go with NLFs!
Okay, August looks at reality as it is says "nope" and changes it so that he's in his 20's again, his dad knows he exists and he's dating a supermodel, why u ask? Because NLF

For one thing, reading the opponent's mind does not magically increase one's reaction time. Sure, maybe he knows magic seal is coming, but can he actually stop it?

Two, Merlin is resistant to power nullification. It's on her page. So this whole argument that she would have her abilities negated seems to be incorrect based on this alone.

Lastly, why would Merlin not lead with hax? Or use absolute cancel to cancel the effects of any and all of his spells? Use magic seal to seal his entire kit? And then wreck house with the rest of her magic from there? Magic seal and absolute cancel paired with her resistance to power nullification really take the cake here.

How? August has to witness the magic first to use it based on his page. Merlin can lead with absolute cancel or magic seal and just go on from there.

I still don't even see how August getting Infinity somehow nopes Merlin. He isn't power nulling her. Which she can do to him. And she can just cancel the effects of his spell.

Back