• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The VS Wiki First Holy Grail War (Season 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monarch_Laciel

VS Battles
Retired
Ok, the rules have been worked out, the classes and abilities have been assigned. Let's get this show on the road.

Rules of the Grail War:

The game is divided into Day and Night Rounds. During the day rounds, the general public is out and about, so flashy obviously magical actions and battles are going to be seen. You don't want to be seen, because if you do I will put a bounty on your head. Night Rounds have no people outdoors so you can do as much flashy actions as you want outside (going inside and waking everyone up is still not allowed though)

You can do whatever you want during the rounds, search for a master/servant, go eat pizza, attack a master/servant, create an alliance, etc. There is no limit on the actions you can take (although be realistic with how quickly you can complete an action).

If a fight begins, it can be debated as a normal battle would be on this site, but to make it quicker we only need 3 votes with 1 hours grace period, or a surrender from a fighter in that debate. Anyone is welcome to votes in this, even if you are dead or have only just joined this thread. A servant is only eliminated via death, so if you want to escape or try to make an alliance mid-battle you can also say you are doing that.

Battle takes place on Manhattan Island, with each person randomly assigned to one of eight start locations (Central Park, Times Square, Hell's Kitchen, Greenwich Village, Low Lower Manhattan, East Harlem, Washington Heights and Upper West Side. There is also where the Ruler class (me) begins, but this will be kept secret to begin with in case anyone wants to attack me. However, if you do stumble onto my location, I'll notify you.

Ruler does not need to be killed to win, but there are some benefits to my death that I will let the players work out.

All servants have B rank parameters in their appropriate Class Skills, unless another ability would raise or lower it.

Servant's masters have given them complete autonomy (so you can do what you want) and then gone off to hide. These masters each have mana equivalent to Rin Tohsaka , and in ScarletFirefly's case, his master actually is Rin Tohsaka. Because Rin is a fairly above average mage in terms of power, this means you can use mana-cost-heavy abilities a few times, but not spam them continuously without recharging. There is no "mana-system" with numbers for this. How much abilities can be used will come up in a battle debate, or I'll point out if you seem to be using it too much.

Reasonable use of certain abilities (flight, duplication, clairvoyance, etc) can be used to find other servants (and possibly masters) in other districts of the city.

Remember your own and each other's abilities and limitations. You can't react to being found by an assassin with Presence Concealment unless you have an ability that lets you do that somehow. And if you see a servant flying 100s of metres up, you can't attack them if you are a melee servant only.

If rounds go on to long without any battles happening, I will use my plot manipulation and command seals to force a battle.

Finally, if you have something to say on a meta-level (as opposed to in the game), please put it in [square brackets]

Further questions about rules go here

Servants in the First Grail War

Saber:
OwariNepgear

NPs are Vijnaptimatrata and Song of Grail (all variations excluding Black Grail)

Class Skills are Magic Resistance and Riding

Personal Skill is Connection to the Root

Statistics: Strength C, Agility A, Endurance B, Mana A, Luck A, NP EX

Start Location:
Times Square.

Lancer:
TISSG7Redgrave

NPs are Gae Bolg and Ea

Class Skill is Magic Resistance

Personal Skill is Battle Continuatio

Statistics: Strength B, Agility A+, Endurance B, Mana B, Luck D, NP B+ (EX with Ea)

Start Location:
Hell's Kitchen.

Rider: Ramesses the Sun King

NPs are Troias Tragodia and Ramesseum Tentyris

Class Skills are Magic Resistance and Riding

Personal Skill is Imperial Privilege

Statistics: Strength C, Agility A+, Endurance B, Mana A, Luck A, NP EX

Start Location:
Greenwich Village.

Caster: Blahblah9755

NPs are God Hand and Uomo Universal

Class Skills are Item Creation and Territory Creation

Personal Skill is Pioneer of the Stars

Statistics: Strength E, Agility C, Endurance B, Mana A+, Luck B+, NP EX

Start Location: Central Park.

Archer: ScarletFirefly

NPs are System Keraunos and For Someone's Glory

Class Skills are Magic Resistance and Independent Actio

Personal Skill is Galvanism

Statistics: Strength C, Agility B, Endurance B, Mana A, Luck B, NP EX

Start Location: Low
Lower Manhattan (the bit not including East and Greenwich villages).

Saver: LlamaGod1411

NPs are Kavacha and Kundala and A Story Just for You

Class Skills are Charisma and Counter Hero

Personal Skill is Human Observatio

Statistics: Strength C, Agility C, Endurance A, Mana A+, Luck A++, NP ?

Start Location:
Washington Heights.

Assassin: Fabtastic Glasses

NPs are From Hell and Natural Born Killers

Class Skill is Presence Concealment

Personal Skill is Murderer of the Misty Night

Statistics: Strength B, Agility A, Endurance B, Mana C, Luck B, NP N/A

Start Location:
Upper West Side.

Avenger: Hizack123

NPs are Enfer Chateua D'lf and God Force

Class Skills are Avenger, Oblivion Correctio, and Self Replenishment

Personal Skill is Determination of Steel

Statistics: Strength B, Agility C (EX with ECD), Endurance B, Mana B, Luck ?, NP A

Start Location: East Harlem

Ruler: Monarch Laciel

NPs are A Story Just for You and
Enfer Chateua D'lf (originally God Hand)

Class Skills are Magic Resistance, True Name Discernment and God's Resolutio

Personal skill is Eyes of the Mind (False)

Statistics: Strength C, Agility C (EX with ECD), Endurance A, Mana A+, Luck A++, NP ?

Start Location: Unknow

Begin the battle!

• Goes to central park in order to get food buying 3 packs of burger, 2 buckets of chicken (10 each) and 4 large pepperoni pizzas after finishing during that 30 mins goes around the area to sense more servants* (is this fine?)

[Completely fine and quite amusing. You do start in Hell's Kitchen though, and you might be about to run into Caster]

[Well, I need to sleep now. My lovely plot manipulation says I am hiding extremely well and you are unlikely to find me or sense my presence.]

> Sees masters, ignores her. Immediately stars planning on how to win the grail.

I begin to write...

A man called LlamaGod1411, 6'1", well-built, dark hair was chilling in his room at Washingon Heights.He's just laying on his bed watching TV, when he decides to get up and go out for a walk along the building(While Observing Everyone carefully). When he returns to his room, he finds 10 tiny steel balls(About 1cm diameter) on his bed, along with something that looked like a controller. On further inspection, he realizes that the small balls were actually remote controlled drones. Llama decides to use these drones. Syncs drones to a TV. 'Proceeds to send drones to all of the 8 locations, keeps two around washington heights for surveillance, sends one extra towards Hell's Kitchen. Views all the locations through TV. Sees a blue figure walking nonchalantly with food near Central Park, notes it down.

After completing this short story, I proceed to take a look at the map of the city.

I take a walk around Greenwich Village in spirit form while my master creates familiars to scout Manhattan. I then procced to tell my master my wish for the grail, while also calling her a amateur magus.

1. The Holy Grail War... a war to obtain the wishing device - Holy Grail. It was an honor to join this war as a servant. Though, i have no wish. I just want to fight with strong opponent, and this is the best chance ever... Not when my master isn't even a mage...

2. My Master know absolute nothing about the HGW. He's just an ordinary person with no knowledge about magic, master and servant. But somehow, he has a huge amount of mana, at least the same level as a mid-level mage. At least he's not completely useless, but all the fight is up to me now.

3. I take a look at the map of this city. Looks like Central Park is a good spot for me to release the grail's magical energy and challenge other servants.

4. My Master had a car... but it's too bad to be called "a car", it's more like a piece of junk. I can't fight with that junk, and i prefer a motorcycle to a car so that i can fight even while riding.

5. I beat a punk to take his bike. A Harley-Davidson, what a waste, i'll use this better than that punk. My master complains about my behaviour. Like "that's not how a girl should act" or "don't be so violently". Too annoying. But he's still my master, and he can't even defend himself, i have to take him with me.

6. I put him on the back seat and ride. He screams a lot, but i don't really care. With my Riding B, i'll get to Central Park in no time.

Upon being summoned I look around, skipping the formalities I yell to my master, "Who summons a servant to the very center of the battlefield?!"

Unsurprisingly I already sense multiple servants heading in our direction, hopefully my sense for magic is enough better than there's that I noticed first. I head to the upper east side and keep going til I can't sense them anymore, hoping they'll run into each other instead of me.

I find a secluded area to set up my territory, but as I start the necessary spells I realize I've been followed by some flying metal ball. I fire off a spell to destroy it and start preparing to relocate again.

Next I head south towards East village, find a good location, and set up my territory.

From my vantage point, I gaze over the Island of Manhattan. The faint, directionless magical energies I sense from the city below, in addition to the 10 new command seals that have appeared on my arm tells me that of the 8 servants to be summoned, 5 have arrived. Berserker arrived earlier, but his master was a sociopath, allowing Berserker to kill and feast at will. With my power, I drove the beast to suicide, rewriting its existence to an unhappy ending. Then I killed the Magus, cut of his arm and stripped his command seals. With these new seals, I have a total of 15 command seals at my use. It should be enough to protect myself if needed. But I am unsure.

Beside me lies the knife I used to cleave the Magus's arm from his body. It is a normal knife, not even a noble phantasm. But with the right story... It could become one.

"Monarch Laciel gazed at the knife beside him. Though it had humble origins, merely stolen from a nearby convenience store, it had a story. For this was the knife that had been used to sever the evil Magus of Berserker from his unholy beast. This was the knife that had bathed in his blood and that of his beast, immersing itself in their power. And it had drunk in that power, and even now was strengthening, changing, evolving..."

I put aside my pen. I will continue to write of this knife when inspiration strikes. In the mean time, a far more useful option appears to me. The purpose of the Skill "God's Resolution" is to grant me Command Seals that could be used on any Servant. Now that I have as many as I do, I have no more need of God's Resolution, it's purpose fulfilled. A better option presets itself to me.

"The knife could become a great weapon indeed. However, no matter how great the weapon, it requires a skilled user to wield. And so, Monarch Laciel stood, and began to practice his battle skills. His False Eyes of Mind hastened his training, granting him knowledge of what movements he needed to take. He had no weapon of his own, and so had practiced with a thousand. Even once with an elm branch..."

I shall continue the story later, when inspiration strikes once more. Letting the unfinished manuscript return to spirit form, I once again turn my gaze back to the war below.

3 Hours until day time. Archer (ScarletFirefly), Assassin(FabtasticGlasses) and Avenger (Hizack123) have yet to act

(Just watching this~)

(Btw, if replies aren't allowed, sorry man, just give a quick tip and I'll delete this comment)

[Nah its fine. Feel free to watch and debate on the battles. Just remember to put your replies in [square brackets] so it's clear you are speaking on a meta-level]

[OK, thanks! c:]

[Btw, I really like the idea. Once I get into the Fate series, I'll want to create or participate in one of these.]

A new possibility presents itself to me. An ability, one that could easily cover for the weakness of Marchen Meines Lebens and make me near unkillable, save for sneak attacks. I look down. It is 3 am, and the building I am in has closed for the night, its gates and doors locked tight. Easily conceptualised as a prison. I decide that gaining this ability would be worth needing to re-write the manuscript.

I walk to the closest window, an iron shutter covering it. My C rank strength may not be much my servant standards, but it is more than enough to break apart this mundane security device. Next, I shatter the window, breaking out onto the exterior of the building. An alarm goes off, but I am unworried. I can simply assume spirit form to avoid the authorities. I materialise my Manuscript, wipe clean the previous words, pull out my pen, and begin writing.

"Monarch Laciel was trapped the top floor of the Empire State Building in the dark of night. The doors and gates were locked tight, iron bars over top of them, denying any and all escape. Metal shutters covered the windows, blocking the pale moonlight. The place was like a prison, dark and utterly inescapable

And yet..."

I will continue writing later. With my spirit form I can avoid any mundane authority, but if a servant was hear the alarm, and (as unlikely as it may be - what servant would investigate a mundane alarm?) decide to come to this place to investigate, I still lack a direct offensive NP, though God Hand will likely protect me from their attacks. Or I could explain my role, which servant I am and ask them to leave. Or if they are irreconcilably hostile I could simply use a command seal to force them to go, though that would waste a seal, and I would still need to relocate to a new location.

[You are in East Harlem btw. And don't take so much space with your replies. You don't need all that spacing. And you haven't found anyone to actually watch yet, so I guess you are spying on random passerbyers?]

The appearance of 2 more seals notifies me another servant has been summoned. I now have a total of 17

• Goes around Hell's kitchen for a stroll when he opened his phone and saw the news of an alarm*
  • In my head* "Weird an alarm right now a robbery or something? Or it can be a servant it could lead to something interesting but I'll just keep my eyes up"

Monarch Laciel said:
[No A Rank Endurance. You are in East Harlem btw. And don't take so much space with your replies. You don't need all that spacing. And you haven't found anyone to actually watch yet, so I guess you are spying on random passerbyers?]
Nah just watch city from afar.

I sense a servant approaching. I stopped developing my knife into a NP unfortenately, so I have no weapon, but I prepare my command seals, and back up against the edge of the ESB's roof balcony, in case I need to beat a hasty retreat and jump. It is day and there are many tourists in the building, so I don't think the servant will attack, but it never hurts to be careful

Monarch Laciel said:
[Cool, that works. I'm basically chilling at the top floor writing my book though]
I sense a servant approaching. I stopped developing my knife into a NP unfortenately, so I have no weapon, but I prepare my command seals, and back up against the edge of the building, in case I need to beat a hasty retreat. It is day and there are many tourists in the building, so I don't think they will attack, but it never hurts to be careful
Want some help?

Seeing as the servant is taking a little longer than I thought to get up (probably trying not to alarm all the people in the building as he climbs), I pull out my manuscript and continue writing.

"And yet...

Somehow, he did escape. This inescapable prison, barred from entry or exit, one of the most protected buildings in the city - somehow, Monarch Laciel escaped. An impossible feat to be sure."

Ok, that's enough writing for now. I'll do a bit more if I survive my next encounter

[Yes I know all this "impossibility" is laughably possible for a servant. But for me to get the ability I want, my "plot" needs to be written as if escaping really was impossible]

[It is now day, it was night previously, and definitely always was, and totally wasn't the result of a plot-hole induced retcon]

[Actually screw it. I want some action! RERETCON TIME]

It is now... Night Time

[Lets just ignore the weirdness that just happened]

[Yawn...

@Monarch: Slow down. You're hastening things way too much. People here come from different time zone, so it's gonna become "who have the closest time zone with Ruler will have the most advantage". It's almost like i skipped my whole day without doing anything. Is that really what you - a man who has "A Story Just For You" want?]

After the sun sets and I'm satisfied with the creation of my territory I decide to create some magic items, never know when they might come in handy. I start by creating a pair of shoes for myself to increase my agility, then I create a similar pair for my master, lastly I make a necklace to increase endurance, again for my master.

I manage to complete them in a few hours, it was a good idea to trick my master into that sound-proofed room so I could focus. I unlock the door and gift them the equipment, and say "it's still early enough, let's go get dumplings!" There eyes twitch in anger, but they eventually sigh and we both change into casual clothes and head to a nearby dumpling house called The Bao in East village near the edge of Greenwich village.

[I'm gonna sleep and probably head to school before I can next respond. If someone comes near where I currently am in the next couple hours, and we sense each other, I would try to escape first, and if they chase lure them back to my territory, if possible. If I can't escape/lure them or they use their NP to attack before I can, I would use mine to fight back. If it's later than the next couple hours I will have returned to my territory, due to the dumpling house closing.]

[This is for the previous Day Cycle]

1. I can sense 2 servants at the Central Park. However, the moment i get there, they left already. So they actually didn't want to fight me and chose to run? Cowards!

2. If this HGW is full of cowards, challenging them with my grail will be useless because there's no way they'll come and take my challenge. And then, with my Connection to the Root, i sense some mechanical being nearby. Just one jump and a slash, i destroyed that drone-thing on the tree.

3. My Master asks me "what's wrong?". I'm too disappointed about this HGW that i don't even want to answer.

4. I look around for a high building that i can use to search for opponents. And the highest building around is the ESB.

5. I take a ride to the ESB with my Master. I can sense it easily. There is a servant in that building. I go to the top of the building, i can feel it, there's no mistake, a servant is at the top. On my way to the top, i carefully check every beings around with my Connection to the Root, so that no Assassin can back-stab my Master. And, i saw it, a young man, without a doubt - a Servant, is there.

6. He's no fighter. All he has is a book and a little knife. I can easily kill him in just one strike.

7. It's seem like he want to run. He don't want to fight me. I used my MEoDP, release my killing intent toward him to see his reaction about this.

8. He tells me that he is Ruler, the observer of this war, not a normal Servant. I ask "what if i still want to fight?". He shows me his hand with full of CSs. I let out a big sigh, cancel my MEoDP and let him go. He's not willing to fight me like a fighter, i have no interest with a man like that.

My side.

Life pretty good so far.....but still.....

.....Chaotic still not have begin yet..

I got to say........THIS IS BORING....

......however in that moment something happened!

"Huh?"...."night time??"...."but it still 8:00 a-"......."Ruler huh?"

Smirk......."I see now."......"even he are bored by this unnecessary silence too huh?"

Well....i just going to wait and see if something interesting is gonna happen or not....

[This is for current Night Cycle]

1. I go to the top of the ESB and have a look around. Things seem normal as it should be, but i can easily see that abnormality from the East Village. Through my MEoDP and my Master's Binoculars, i can see a lot of lines around that village, not from the house or people. A Bounded Field? A Barrier? Whoever set this up must be a very talented mage or a Caster.

2. My Master seems tired. I left him at the ESB before i ride to the East Village. He said he'll go home, i told him to call me with his CS if he need.

3. I got to the East Village after 10 minutes. My Riding skill is extremely useful in this situation.

4. With my MEoDP, i can easily see this field's line of death. With a single swing of my katana, i break that field and enter the East Village. There's a Servant in this village.

[Waiting for Caster's reaction]

• looks at his watch* "Dammit I didn't even eat or at least didn't know what i ate so…well Ruler it seems that you want things to speed up eh…"

My True Name Discernment Skill lets me know who the servant that confronted me at the ESB. True Name: OwariNepGear, Saber Class. Skills - CTTR, Magic Resistance and Riding. Class Parameters - Strength C, Agility A, Endurance B, Mana A, Luck A, NP EX. From the way his eyes were glowing when he looked at me, I can assumed one of his NPs is Vijnaptimatrata: Mystic Eyes of Death Perception. An exceptionally dangerous foe to be sure. Luckily I scared him off with my command seals. I would have disliked needing to waste one forcing him to leave. The ESB has been compromised, so I leave to find another tall building I can use as observation point for supervising the war. After finding one that suits my purpose quite well, I sit down and write a third chapter on how amazing and impossible my escape from the ESB was.

As I do so, I see a almost imperceptible flash of light from a south west direction and feel a slight decrease in magical energy of the area. Something is happening.

[The chapter writing is part of me and Llama's NP A Story Just For You. How it works in this game is explained on the questions page ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back