• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The defect of the world should not exist (big skill addition BC part 1)

the acausality is for the pure power of antimagic that Asta only got after his demonic contract, the version of Asta that was affected used a limited form of antimagic, Lucius' statements came after the demonic contract before that he was not even aware of the existence of Asta, and in the verse there are other powers/magic that can go against natural laws, such as Morris, who is not affected by Rouge

Morris profile already has resistance to law manipulation, causality manipulation, fate manipulation and probability as well.
Bringing up the fact that Lucius was unaware of Asta prior to that devils bargain just bolsters my point because Lucius has been looking into the future before the devils bargain(hell even before the series proper started) and couldn't see the world influenced by Asta, that means that his statements relating to Asta being a flaw in the world & anything to do with Asta being immune to his precog are relevant to all forms of Asta, even those prior to the devils bargain, which we see that Rouge can affect numerous times.

Morris has resistances but not acausality. His resistance at the time was the result of his modification magic being able to manipulate concepts not him being acausal in any way so he really has no relevance to this discussion but the recent chapter even furthers my point because when read in full, Morris statement clearly implies that he had not surpass natural law until "God Chose him"(AKA Lucius made him a paladin) meaning everything he has done prior to that was what he considered having not surpassed natural law though "Surpassing natural law" is a vague and undefined thing seeing as how Morris brags about his power to "destroy everything and create life" as being what is relevant to him having surpassed natural laws and Mereleona surpassing natural laws in the chapter is just relevant to her ability to resurrect the souls of her dead companions as well as full turn her body into mana neither of which are relevant for the sites definition of acausality

Last edited:
Bringing up the fact that Lucious was unaware of Asta prior to that devils bargain just bolsters my point because if Lucius has been looking into the future before the devils bargain(hell even before the series proper started) and couldn't see Asta then that means that his statements relating to Asta being a flaw in the world are relevant to all forms of Asta, even those prior to the devils bargain, which we see that Rouge can affect numerous times.

Morris has resistances but not acausality. His resistance at the time was the result of his modification magic being able to manipulate concepts not him being acausal in any way so he really has no relevance to this discussion but the recent chapter even furthers my point because when read in full, Morris statement clearly implies that he had not surpass natural law until "God Chose him"(AKA Lucius made him a paladin) meaning everything he has done prior to that was what he considered having not surpassed natural law though "Surpassing natural law" is a vague and undefined thing seeing as how Morris brags about his power to "destroy everything and create life" as being what is relevant to him having surpassed natural laws and Mereleona surpassing natural laws in the chapter is just relevant to her ability to resurrect the souls of her dead companions as well as full turn her body into mana neither of which are relevant for the sites definition of acausality
Morris interferes with natural laws since the beginning of the work when he merged the grimoire mars and fana , and my point about Lucius' statement is not the resistance to Asta's precognition but rather where his statement stands chronologically,I also mentioned that it was only the magic/powers/attributes that would have acasuality, I never referred to the characters, and Morris's modification magic would still need to resist Rouge to affect it.

Edit :But if you still have problems with acasuality, I don't mind waiting for the next chapter since Rouge and antimagic are coexisting again

Morris interferes with natural laws since the beginning of the work when he merged the grimoire mars and fana
He himself states that no matter how much he researched he could never overcome natural laws, tampering/altering or affecting natural laws is also what Vanessa's ability does but clearly she herself isn't acausal since she regularly uses her powers on herself and others.

and my point about Lucius' statement is not the resistance to Asta's precognition but rather where his statement stands chronologically,
And my point is that chronologically, Lucius has been looking into the future since before Asta made the bargain yet was unable to see Asta nor the true the results of the future influenced by Asta meaning that all of Lucius' statements apply to all versions of Asta prior to the devils bargain even the ones clearly affected by rouge so the statements in of themselves can't be used to validate Acausality
I also mentioned that it was only the magic/powers/attributes that would have acasuality, I never referred to the characters, and Morris's modification magic would still need to resist Rouge to affect it.
Morris is affecting the intangible concept of Rouges magic for which said magic had no prior feats of itself being resistant to conceptual manipulation so Morris affecting it with conceptual manipulation isn't a feat of acausality. My point is that the express reason he could affect the magic was because he was manipulation concepts rather than him surpassing natural laws to some nebulous and unexplored degree so he has a resistance rather than Acausality (which is blanket immunity)
Edit:
Edit :But if you still have problems with acasuality, I don't mind waiting for the next chapter since Rouge and antimagic are coexisting again
Good point, we might get more clear information in the upcoming chapters that could swing it either way

Last edited:
What is your opinion on this topic now, after chapter 371? 🤓☝️

It neither confirms or denies anything we’ve said in this discussion.

See below.

If you are giving Asta type 5 NPE for lacking mana which is fundamental for a human’s soul and hence existence.

Then I somewhat agree with “limited” rating as long as justification are clear.

Although is this really necessary. Ask staff for more input.
Assuming it qualifies for type 5, "Limited" would be unnecessary, type 5 is there for this specific reason.

Still disagree with Acausality.

It neither confirms or denies anything we’ve said in this discussion.
How come you don't confirm anything? A being of pure mana is called an "ideal soul form", together with the other scans already in the OP leaves my point of view that soul and mana are a 1 for 1 existence has more base and makes more sense than "mana is an electron of the soul"
Lucius is literally a soul magic user who affects the quality of a person’s mana by interacting with their souls. He is also literally purifying negative mana with his soul magic.
Nothing in this Scan shows that affecting the soul affects mana, nor does anything in the verse mention mana as just an aspect of the soul. in fact, the very existence of soul magic refutes the idea that mana is a part of the soul, every magical power/attribute in the verse has mana as its fundamental aspect, which forms each magical attribute and all magic is a manipulation of mana , mages need to manipulate the mana of their attribute to affect the objects of their magic this is well explained with skills like mana zone and the mana method, Lucius being able to manipulate all aspects of the soul means that mana must be present in all aspects

The rest of what you said doesn’t seem important enough to address, considering I’ve tackled your main claim. Something being more fundamental than the other thing isn’t an argument against anything. even your NPI argument is flawed considering both souls and mana can be seen or not seen on a case by case basis e.g. purely mana based objects are visible to Asta even though he can’t feel it.
That's a lie, Asta can't see pure mana things just as not every wizard in the verse can't either, Yuno, who is "loved by mana", had to lose all his senses to be able to see the flow of mana and the last chapter reinforces this too with Moris not being able to touch Mereoleona who became pure mana , the main point must be the purity of mana, Asta can interact with beings that are not very "close to mana" despite being made of mana

Back