• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Truth of the Universe small ability removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently, ToTU has the following ability:

Probability Manipulation (Apple Kid, a genius scientist, described the probability of Ness winning against Giygas as just a 1% against 99%, yet, Ness's courage managed to pull the 1% victory, although this is mostly attributed to the Truth)

This particular case should not qualify as Probability Manipulation, as she's only determining Ness' Fate, so it's just a consequence of her Fate Manipulation

The probability thing comes from a guy who simply calculated the chances of Ness beating Gygas by himself with no outside help, which would be very low.

The chance of a lightning bolt striking a person is very low, but if I'm destined to get struck by a lightning, that's not probability manipulation.

Since we are on the topic of ability removal, and I do hope this isn't some derail, but should Type 5 immortality go? The current justification for it sounds more like a durability feat rather than "deathless" to me.

I agree with this, and Type 5 Immortality does seem iffy, so fine with removing that as well.

I think it does have type 5 if it's true form is merely just a wave meaning it's neither alive nor dead, and is the embodiment of truth, but the justification should be changed from just "unaffected by destruction of universe".

Type 5 is sort of like a combination of Type 3 and 4 but more advanced. It's mainly for people who have Low-Godly Regenerationn or above. Being Abstract doesn't automatically give you said ability.

I think that this seems fairly uncontroversial to apply.

If that's the case, can someone unlock Truth of The Universe's page? Or can some other admin apply the changes?

Since the other pages are unlocked, I could go ahead and remove Probability Manipulation from their pages, yes?

Why is it locked in the first place?

Tier 2 profiles aren't locked anymore unless particularly controversial.

Also, what's the agreement on Type 5 Immortality?

I don't know, it was locked by the time the profile was created.

As for Type 5, so far the only people that agrees with the removal is me, you, and DDM. Giver disagrees, and the others didn't leave their inputs on it.

I suppose, as the main purpose of this thread has been fulfilled.

But there was no verdict to TOTU's Type 5 Immortality.

Well, I suppose that you should decide that before we close this then.

I'm neutral on Immortality Type 5, but I did here being an abstract entity doesn't automatically grant you that was the argument. But Truth does live if the universes are destroyed.

Being an abstract entity does not automatically grant that ability within fiction, no.

That is true, it is difficult to kill an entity literally omnipresent across space-Time without erasing everything. But then again, this is a character who's never been injured period. Making it harder to tell if they qualify for Type 5.

Okay. So should we close this thread now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back