• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

EarthBound: 11-A for anyo- nah, still a downgrade of God Tiers but a good one instead

Status
Not open for further replies.
After this disaster that this CRT was, me and @Oleggator talked a lot and decided that the verse should be downgraded, but let's take step by step.

Low 1-C cosmology

Ok so, the cosmology doesn't qualify as Low 1-C anymore, mostly because of several factors contradicting it.

1) The Player at the end of Mother 3 interact with the characters normally. Which shouldn't make any sense if they were transcendent.

2) The Player never defeats Giygas with an attack. Just through prayers. Even Prayers from regular humans could damage Giygas, so if Giygas died, it was for his weakness to prayers, which were positive, not because of some superiority.

3) Low 1-C for Ness and Giygas would be some pretty big circular scaling anyway, as they scale to someone who's Low 1-C because Player sees them as fiction.

So yes, yeet that. In exchange, there are some options.

A) Cosmology remains 2-A due to this statement in the manga. It was counted as canon until now because of Itoi giving freedom to Itoh, the manga artist, about the choices he can do with the manga.

B) Cosmology gets dumped to "2-C, likely 2-B" as Porky has traveled across timelines for thousands years after the events of Mother 2, so both the tiers are valid enough to cover the vagueness of the situation.

I personally agree with B given that just giving liberty to another media isn't enough to include it to canon. Is like making Dragon Ball GT canon because Toriyama liked it, but Toriyama never said he'd include it in his work. Itoi in his interview didn't either, at best is another continuity which doesn't apply to the game one.

Truth of The Universe and The Player

Alright, this is quite what was needed from a long time, but I never accepted it.

The whole basis on ToTU existence is on this statement, where it says that Ness & Friends journey is pre-destined, and that Giygas' defeat was in the destiny as well. Issue is that the assumption on an entity warping the fate itself to make sure that Ness and friends will always win no matter the odds, is completely baseless and lacks an explicit statement. So yes, ToTU should be removed and any ability which is derived gets removed. The voice which talked at the Coffee scenes? Just Itoi itself. The lack of mentions of ToTU in Mother 3 also hurt its existence even more.

Player on the other hand does exist, however, given that without the Low 1-C stats they don't have much, they're barely quantifiable, so delete.

Dark Dragon

1st, that fanart is horrible. Best thing we can use is this as is the only appearance we have on it.

About P&A:

Psychic Powers (Should be capable of using PSI/PK abilities)

Canonically it got put to sleep forever from Magyspies, and Magyspies are the primary users of PSI in the Mother 3 universe. No reason why it should have those.

Type 4 has no reason to be there.

About the rest, I can reword the rest in something like this:

His AP shall be reworked to "2-A" or "2-C, likely 2-B" for obvious reasons, given that is able to reshape existence or destroy it, depending on who awakens it. Porky Minch, someone who has traveled through timelines for years, claimed that the Dragon would destroy everything, to add what it already has on its profile.

Ness

Ness strongest key would be "Low 2-C, possibly 2-A (or 2-C to 2-B)" as Ness, in order to achieve the power he needs to face Giygas, he needs to absorb the power of the Earth itself, which is, guess what, the Dragon itself in the Mother 3 universe. Is not a straight rating as the Earths in the Mother 1+2 and Mother 3 universes are not the same, but given those are still associated with Tier 2 levels of power, Ness is pretty much likely the same level of power as the Dragon. Not to mention that the power of the Earth is a pretty big deal in both games and nothing really contradicts this scaling at all.

A profile of Ness which would be updated is here.

Ness' Omnipresence is actually still a valid argument.

The whole point of Ness’ journey is to go to 8 locations on the Earth in order to unite it with his own power, drawing out all of his power. And it was actually specified the purpose of it, as Ness needs to do so in order to become one with the universe, as otherwise he won’t be able to defeat Giygas. After collecting all the 8 melodies, Ness is able to reach his Magicant after getting a vision of himself as a baby. Magicant is basically a realm created in his mind, which was created from getting the 8 melodies in his Sound Stone. After getting through the Sea of Eden, which is literally said to be filled with the Ultimate Intelligence. Ness is able to get at the center of the Sea of Eden after defeating his own nightmare, and from here he hears his own voice which tells him that Giygas will destroy everything in the universe, if not from a boy called Ness, which is the voice itself, Ness then starts to absorb the power of the land, and even Magicant itself, given that it disappeared after this process, and then said voice also tells him to go to Saturn Valley as the next thing to do.

Another thing that points on Magicant being such is Ness literally needing to get the 8 melodies to create it as one of the steps to defeat Giygas. If Magicant was just an irrelevant dream, this wouldn’t make sense, as all the game prior to this was focused on getting said melodies.

As you could see, Ness absorbed the power of the land, which was used to create Magicant, and after absorbing it, Magicant was no more as well, meaning that the power of the Earth is Low 2-C given it was used to create Magicant in Ness’ case (as the spots were described also as only of Ness, which is even proven from when he enters in said spots, as he gets memories of his own life, like in 1:24, 6:53, 12:16 and 26:19).

Passing to Ness becoming an universe, this can be explained fairly easily.

Ness was “sleeping” the whole time, meaning that everything involving this process was his consciousness, as Magicant is basically a place to explore the owner’s mind in short. After absorbing the Earth’s power, Ness was later able to expand his powers and become massively stronger than the rest of the cast even statistics wise. So it is safe to say that Ness’ mind was actually powered from all of this (PSI means literally Psychic Powers basically).

This also explains what was talking to Ness. His true self (with Legends of Localization even interpreting it as a Meta-Ness). Ness knowing what happening next and what he should do is explained from him getting the Ultimate Intelligence as already said.

“Why does he need to time travel with a physical body then?” Well, while his mind indeed became the universe, he still needs a physical body to directly interact with the others in a "direct way". We have similar examples with Touhou Gods and Madoka Kaname, who never actually use their abstract selves to fight or interact with stuff in the verse, but just the physical forms. Ness is no different, and his statement is quite explicit as well. The fact that Magicant is a whole realm which is separated from the main universe (as shown from Mother 1 where Magicant is a whole place where you need a portal to access it, is described as a place of immeasurable area with Breadcrumps being unable to bring back there, which is compared to the "real world" in the Mother 1 Encyclopedia and you can buy real items in both games, meaning is an actual place outside of the universe, so the whole Ness' transformation is quite literal.

Time Travel mainly comes from him being implied to bring back the souls from the past to the present after their robotic bodies got destroyed. Andonuts was even unsure of them being able to come back, so it can't really be attributed to anyone else. This applies only on Souls, btw, is obvious it can't be applied to physical bodies nor is combat applicable anyways.

Rest explains from itself.

Giygas

Giygas in the Sealed form gets back to Low 2-C, as even before the Unsealed form is stated to be able to destroy the universe. He can also attack across time, and spread his influence over multiple eras at once. He can't be only 3-A in this key as he only wanted to conquer the universe, and Buzz Buzz only said that he has set the existence to hell, not that it destroyed it despite describing it as an "universal cosmic destroyer". If he has destroyed the universe then, Buzz Buzz would have somehow survived the destruction of the universe, and that wouldn't make sense. Plus, from how Starman Jr. talks, Giygas seems more to have just conquered the universe and not destroyed it. Giygas becomes even stronger in sealed form as Porky tried to alter the prophecy to avoid Giygas' defeat, with Ness needing to absorb Magicant and the power of the Earth to be able to defeat him.

Giygas' Unsealed form upscales from both Ness' new tier for quite obvious reasons.

His AE1 also is misleading as it makes think that Giygas is the concept of evil, while he just dies without any effect on the universe, and in Mother the Dark Dragon makes clear what the effect of concept manip are on the universe.

He just was spreading evil, and he became said evil in this form. Still AE, but not conceptual.

TLDR

• Cosmology: Low 1-C > 2-C to 2-B or just 2-A
  • ToTU and Player gets deleted
  • Dark Dragon: Low 1-C > 2-C to 2-B or just 2-A
  • Sealed Giygas: Low 1-C > Low 2-C
  • Ness/Unsealed Giygas: Low 1-C > Low 2-C, possibly 2-C to 2-B or just Low 2-C, possibly 2-A
That's it.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm pretty much fine with those downgrades.

Cosmology wise I would like to pick option B, especially since Mother 2 manga story (and visually) wise are at least a bit different from original source (for instance no Magicant), and I'll definitely will be silent about Mother's novels that's whole lot different can of worms...

following, you should prolly change the title because i had 0 clue this was even an L1-C downgrade until i clicked. Unconvinced on some of the arguments, but this isnt my forte so ill stay neutral for now.

none of the points against low 1-C make sense to me except the circular scaling which can be fixed if no one scales to the player
(which seems to be what the OP is going for)
netrual on the TotU since i don't know much about the game

none of the points against low 1-C make sense to me except the circular scaling which can be fixed if no one scales to the player
Issue is that viewing as fictional really is not ground for Low 1-C without an explicit transcendence. Player not attacking directly Giygas and being even able to interact with the characters as is one of them quite of goes against transcendence at all tbh. The proof is weaker than I thought to be, and nothing in the verse says that the player perceives the cosmology as insignificant or similar stuff lol.

Issue is that viewing as fictional really is not ground for Low 1-C without an explicit transcendence. Player not attacking directly Giygas and being even able to interact with the characters as is one of them quite of goes against transcendence at all tbh. The proof is weaker than I thought to be, and nothing in the verse says that the player perceives the cosmology as insignificant or similar stuff lol.
what viewing something is fictional is textbook proof for infinite superiority idk what stanrdards you are using and none of these are anti feats

what viewing something is fictional is textbook proof for infinite superiority idk what stanrdards you are using and none of these are anti feats
You do understand that by similar logic there will be like, many verses buffed through "being above" stuff (as well as dimensional tiering requires more than just that), not only that but like what Strymm said how are these are not anti feats?

You do understand that by similar logic there will be like, many verses buffed through "being above" stuff (as well as dimensional tiering requires more than just that), not only that but like what Strymm said how are these are not anti feats?
if there are verses like that then upgrade them or something i don't really care and how is using an attack that someone is weak to an anti feat i don't really get it

if there are verses like that then upgrade them or something i don't really care and how is using an attack that someone is weak to an anti feat i don't really get it
The Player doesn't use attacks to defeat Giygas, but uses prayers, which aren't attacks at all, but just prayers, damaging him like 3D humans did.

Also the Player could WALK between the characters by themselves, this wouldn't make sense if they transcend the multiverse infinitely.

I agree that Ness and Giygas should not scale to the Player, I've always found that odd since the player only damages Giygas through the same means that the regular in-universe people do. And to quickly counter the argument that this somehow means that the Players prayers are > Their normal attacks, no, the Player simply cannot attack Giygas because the Player is meant to be the person playing the game lol, unless you punch your TV screen then you cannot interact with Giygas. Having the Player not interact with the universe outside of praying is done intentionally as to not break the immersion that the Player is the person holding the controller, not because the Player thinks that punching Giygas is less effective lol

Also I agree with the 2-C likely 2-B cosmology, for reasons listed by the OP

The Player doesn't use attacks to defeat Giygas, but uses prayers, which aren't attacks at all, but just prayers, damaging him like 3D humans did.

Also the Player could WALK between the characters by themselves, this wouldn't make sense if they transcend the multiverse infinitely.
yeah and how is that an anti feat
just because he's infinitely superior doesn't mean that his mass is on that scale

yeah and how is that an anti feat
just because he's infinitely superior doesn't mean that his mass is on that scale
That's quite the point of R/F transcendence though.

Annoying Dog from Undertale was downgraded from 5D because of this, and Player should not be any different.

That's quite the point of R/F transcendence though.

Annoying Dog from Undertale was downgraded from 5D because of this, and Player should not be any different.
like it's an anti feat because it damaged giygas and not outright kill him? compared to 3-D prayers ? i actually don't understand the logic
i don't know about the annoying dog so if it's true that he views the story as fiction lives in like an actual higher d world then just go and upgrade him

like it's an anti feat because it damaged giygas and not outright kill him? compared to 3-D prayers ? i actually don't understand the logic
Quite of. Giygas could only be killed with prayers, and even 3D humans in the verse were able to damage him through this. Player's way to kill Giygas is not any different, they did exactly like those people, unless you think that regular humans > Ness and Giygas because they did damage comparable to Player's lol.
i don't know about the annoying dog so if it's true that he views the story as fiction lives in like an actual higher d world then just go and upgrade him
Is literally how standards are here. Seeing as a simulation is not grounds for Higher D here anymore.

Quite of. Giygas could only be killed with prayers, and even 3D humans in the verse were able to damage him through this. Player's way to kill Giygas is not any different, they did exactly like those people, unless you think that regular humans > Ness and Giygas because they did damage comparable to Player's lol.
wouldn't that by the same logic kill anything above 3-D? and do we know how prayers are created, their potency or how it's converted from the player's world to the game?
Is literally how standards are here. Seeing as a simulation is not grounds for Higher D here anymore.
give me proof of that since the first tier persona crt relied on a character that sees the multiverse as a film, same thing

give me proof of that since the first tier persona crt relied on a character that sees the multiverse as a film, same thing
Besides Annoying dog there are also many instances in cartoons where that kind of "feat" is performed, either that be Bugs Bunny being creator or Popeye punching animator, despite that we do not upgrade Popeye and Bugs to 5D, as an example.

Last edited:
wouldn't that by the same logic kill anything above 3-D? and do we know how prayers are created, their potency or how it's converted from the player's world to the game?
They're literally just prayers for the main cast's safety against Giygas.
Annoying Dog was once High 2-A Low 1-C, but got downgraded to 2-B when it had a page. Same with Stellaris Player who was Tier 1 for the same reason.

They're literally just prayers for the main cast's safety against Giygas.
yeah but the details matter you can't claim something is an anti feat without knowing how it works and you still didn't answer my 1st question and that it would null everyone to 3-D
Annoying Dog was once High 2-A Low 1-C, but got downgraded to 2-B when it had a page. Same with Stellaris Player who was Tier 1 for the same reason.
pretty sure the annoying dog doesn't actually exist in a world outside the game right? also i can't verify the last one since the crt for it was yeeted but if that was the case then fair enough

yeah but the details matter you can't claim something is an anti feat without knowing how it works and you still didn't answer my 1st question and that it would null everyone to 3-D
2:14:44 to 2:26:33. You see humans being able to wound Giygas from simply praying, and Player doing so in the same manner. They're simple prayers, not "superpowered prayers" in the way you want to explain.

2:14:44 to 2:26:33. You see humans being able to wound Giygas from simply praying, and Player doing so in the same manner. They're simple prayers, not "superpowered prayers" in the way you want to explain.
they are supernatural unless you say irl humans can pray giygas away but it doesn't matter the reason why i asked about this is because i wanted to know if praying something special to humans or just how the world works

they are supernatural unless you say irl humans can pray giygas away but it doesn't matter the reason why i asked about this is because i wanted to know if praying something special to humans or just how the world works
They were simple, and regular prayers. Is not anything special, is literally Giygas' weakness as he's pure evil and prayers are something positive.

bruh that doesn't explain how prayers come to being
What Strymm said, prayers for Giygas are like kryptonite for Superman. And those are well, an average prayers for a safety of children, which makes this fight really climatic.

Or else you're implying that Ness' sister or just group of musicians are uni-multi range.

What Strymm said, prayers for Giygas are like kryptonite for Superman. And those are well, an average prayers for a safety of children, which makes this fight really climatic.

Or else you're implying that Ness' sister or just group of musicians are uni-multi range.
"They're just normal prayers" doesn't explain anything like im trying to find out the mechanics for said events and you're just saying "it's just normal prayers lol"

Because the Player in themselves have never shown actual superiority, they kill Giygas using the same ways 3D humans did, and them being able to walk in between Mother 3 characters explicitly makes them equal in existence to those.

which is not an anti feat by itself because the mechanics are clearly not explained within the show
and again that just means that he doesn't have higher mass which is again not an anti feat

I'm also in favor of the "2-C, likely 2-B" option, as Itoi saying "go ham with the story lmao" doesn't really prove the canonicity of the manga. Omnipresence for Ness also makes sense, but how would that be worded on his profile? It's pretty long.

I don't mind nuking tier 1 given I was skeptical when it was first proposed then there were back and forth details. And I don't mind The Player getting deleted. Though I still think TotU is still a character. And as for the manga being canon, I don't think the GT example holds up because Toriyama simply called it "The Grand Sidestory" or the best non-canon work of Dragon Ball. Where as giving freedom to something doesn't really mean he doesn't consider it non-canon, it just means he gave him permission to expand the series as he sees fit. But dubiously canon could sometimes be a word to describe it, but I personally don't mind keeping 2-A stuff but neutral overall.

I also agree with the circular scaling statement, and more or less with the various abilities revision.

Omnipresence for Ness also makes sense, but how would that be worded on his profile? It's pretty long.
There's a dwarf of Ness' new profile in OP in his section.
Though I still think TotU is still a character.
Nothing really proves it being combat applicable anyway. Can you prove someone explicitly manipulates fate for Ness?
I don't think the GT example holds up because Toriyama simply called it "The Grand Sidestory" or the best non-canon work of Dragon Ball. Where as giving freedom to something doesn't really mean he doesn't consider it non-canon, it just means he gave him permission to expand the series as he sees fit. But dubiously canon could sometimes be a word to describe it, but I personally don't mind keeping 2-A stuff but neutral overall.
I just mean that giving freedom to a work doesn't really mean including it as a part of the canon of your original work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back