• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Roleplay Ideas And Discussion Concept Thread

Look, as cool as it may be to play a mummy-vampire god of the moon that can level cities, for example, that doesn't at all make sense for the type of setting I was envisioning.

Sometimes I think we forget the more grounded, street-level settings in exchange for more fantastical, mythical settings. Why wield a gun when you could shoot lasers, or project energy that dwarfs all atomic weaponry? Why drive a car when you can teleport instantaneously to your destination, or break the sound barrier with your stride?

The world of stories, the world of our imagination, is a place where men can be gods. Yet in that world, we seldom remember who we truly are: men, just mortal men.

an urban fantasy one would be cool. Having supernatural creatures mingle with humanity with maintaining the masquerade like VTM

That does sound cool, actually.

I do kind of want to experiment with genres, like Eldritch horror and gothic horror as well. Might even try a superhero one? idk.

This thought has been lingering in my head for quite some time. Basically a freeform RP, I think it was called "Divine" or what not? Idk.

This is what I wrote about it a while back (but never posted):
Modern-setting. You'll actually have multiple characters here. So, basically, you have a Demi (abbreviation for demigod) of your own design, who you can base off of whatever you want, and your Neophyte, an apprentice chosen by the specific Demi. Note: Demis aren't necessarily Demigods, just weaker deities who are under a master. Neophytes are preferably human considering this is based on the real world. Anyways, you're kind of sent to monitor the main realm (the galaxy), cause destruction to it, etc. Neophytes are basically just sent by Demis to do whatever they feel like, so there's a lot of freedom since you decide what your morals are and can pretty much do whatever you want with said morals. If you want to be a self-proclaimed hero, a self-proclaimed villain. Who cares, lots of freedom. Heck, you wanna destroy the world irp, you can. (It will probably just get re-created by another Demi).

About Neophytes...to re-state, they're humans chosen by Demis to accomplish their goals. These people can travel freely through planets and through the divine realm through the rings given to you by your Demi (about 3 per arm, for reference, check the MCU Ten Rings in terms of appearance). The rings have pretty high dura, but they are breakable. Tier 6 dura. You can pretty much do whatever you want, but just know, not everyone knows you've been trained and raised by a Demi, so you won't get recognition right away. About Demis...they are restricted to the divine realm. However, while they don't impact things physically, they still have a wide range of general control over the known world, and can easily cause any natural disaster, and can shift various attributes of planets effortlessly. Basic scaling: Oh boy, uh...it will be a wacky range. Like, whatever ya'll want, up to High 7-A for starting. Idk what I want for ending. Considering you'll probably ascend to godhood or something like that, we're probably looking at Tier 3. :)

Character limits: Up to high-hax, you'll have at least 2 characters, because you'll control your Demi and your Neophyte, but you are allowed more than this if you so choose. You're limited to 1 Demi, but probably like 5 Neophytes if you want.

I was thinking on if there was going to be a villain or how I would handle one with this kind of RP, but then I watched a Thor 4 trailer, and felt stupid for not already thinking of a Gorr-type villain (I'll make them look like Christian Bale in order to sell the vibe). Either way, I doubt the villain would actually have as much influence over the plot as one would think and if they're even to be there, I'm thinking they'd come to you rather than being some imperial BBEG where you have to fight them and their goons over time. Idk if I'm ever going to actually carry this out, and if I did, it would probably be after Aeternos and Rift (unless we're just considering them lost causes). Either way, I have a lot to learn about handling RP since my roleplays are textbook definition "horrendous," while Azontr's are of the heavens and what not. I might edit this or whatever and add more to what I already have, but until then this is the base idea of something you may never catch me even doing.

Thank you for the compliment. I'm sure you'll do great at running an RP once you get some more experience.

Just kidding get on my level scrub.
Azontr over here looking at my level like:
unknown.png

Azontr over here looking at my level like:
unknown.png
Lol.

But seriously, I wouldn't say your RPs suck, some people just personally find them boring while others don't. It really is just a personal thing and I do think you have some good ideas, at least.

This is an idea for an RP I've had in my mind for over a year and longer, an idea I'll most likely execute when I finish some of the other RPs I'm currently running so I don't overwhelm myself.

Many years ago, in the dawn of man, humanity flourished on all fronts. Technologically, economically, politically, agriculturally, humanity had reached the peak age of all of it, achieving what many have referred to as, and still refer to as The Eternal Era.

This era of human flourishment and domination is what allowed the human race to expand their horizons into outer space far quicker than many had expected, creating a galactic front, an Empire of Might that allowed the human race to dominate outer space. Relations with alien life, while rough, were quickly salvaged over time, and those that could not be made peace with, were swiftly annihilated with humanity's greater technological advancements. For a time, humanity truly was, the dominating race of the galaxy.

But, that was merely for a time.

During the Eternal Era's 100th year, suddenly, gates began to open across many Empire occupied planets. These "gates" were akin to large portals that could be replicated by current technological advancements, but, the energy that was emitted from these gates was unlike anything ever seen before. From these gates, emerged, what are now known as the modern "Deva".

These beings were clearly sentient and supremely malevolent, displaying a visceral reaction to the death of life. Swiftly, the "Deva" that emerged from these gates began to torment the life around them, feeding on whatever they could find and swiftly amassing strength. For many years humanity had followed a strict doctrine of science and reasoning, taking them to the next level of technological advancement, but, these new beings emerging from the gates showed humanity the harsh reality.

They were not the supreme race of the universe. They were, indeed, unprepared for the attack of the Deva.

Towns, cities, countries, continents, entire planets were ravaged by the violent Deva attacks that emerged from these portals, swiftly named the "Deva Roads". There was not much known of the "Deva Roads" other than the fact that they produced Deva, and for many decades and centuries, that is all anybody would be able to discover about the Deva and their violent, evil ways that tore apart world after world. For a while, humanity, and many other races of the universe were at the mercy of the Deva, forced to either fight, run, hide, or die at the hands of the man-eating monsters known as Deva... But this was not the end.

There was, indeed, hope.

Heed my call, Mortal ones.

A voice rang within the mind's of all living creatures.

Claim the freedom that is rightfully yours.

With these mysterious, ethereal words, strange powers began to emerge within a select few of the population. Some called it witchcraft or magic at first, but, as time went on, these supernaturally powered beings became known as Spiritron Psychics, a name founded on these people's ability to manipulate mysterious particles known as Spiritrons that make up a person's soul.

As people began to harness their Psychic potential over the course of many years, many groups were established to fight the Deva, finally able to stand on equal ground with the immense combat prowess of these Deva with enhanced physical strength, speed, and mystical abilities.

Many years passed, many battles occurred, many died, many lived, many grew stronger and many banded together to face the darkness...

And the time came to explore what lay within these Deva Roads. Where did the Deva come from? Why did they come? Why did these Deva Roads come into existence?

An armed unit of Psychics from across the galaxy has been chosen to traverse into these Deva Roads, and discover their secrets. The Asura. You are an Asura.

The description I've provided is rather barebones but I've had this idea in the back of my mind for a long while. I planned to make a bunch of lore books that could be discovered in RP, a level system and Psychic Disciplines and specializations(basically classes), an list of weapons and armor and shit, a whole bunch of stuff. If I ever actually get to making this I'm gonna have a lot of fun with it. In particular, the base idea for large portals that open up randomly and pour out monsters and people who awaken abilities to fight them is a plot inspired from a bunch of different series, mainly Korean, but I actually got a bunch of inspiration from Warhammer 40,000 in terms of abilities and Worldbuilding.

This is an idea for an RP I've had in my mind for over a year and longer, an idea I'll most likely execute when I finish some of the other RPs I'm currently running so I don't overwhelm myself.

Many years ago, in the dawn of man, humanity flourished on all fronts. Technologically, economically, politically, agriculturally, humanity had reached the peak age of all of it, achieving what many have referred to as, and still refer to as The Eternal Era.

This era of human flourishment and domination is what allowed the human race to expand their horizons into outer space far quicker than many had expected, creating a galactic front, an Empire of Might that allowed the human race to dominate outer space. Relations with alien life, while rough, were quickly salvaged over time, and those that could not be made peace with, were swiftly annihilated with humanity's greater technological advancements. For a time, humanity truly was, the dominating race of the galaxy.

But, that was merely for a time.

During the Eternal Era's 100th year, suddenly, gates began to open across many Empire occupied planets. These "gates" were akin to large portals that could be replicated by current technological advancements, but, the energy that was emitted from these gates was unlike anything ever seen before. From these gates, emerged, what are now known as the modern "Deva".

These beings were clearly sentient and supremely malevolent, displaying a visceral reaction to the death of life. Swiftly, the "Deva" that emerged from these gates began to torment the life around them, feeding on whatever they could find and swiftly amassing strength. For many years humanity had followed a strict doctrine of science and reasoning, taking them to the next level of technological advancement, but, these new beings emerging from the gates showed humanity the harsh reality.

They were not the supreme race of the universe. They were, indeed, unprepared for the attack of the Deva.

Towns, cities, countries, continents, entire planets were ravaged by the violent Deva attacks that emerged from these portals, swiftly named the "Deva Roads". There was not much known of the "Deva Roads" other than the fact that they produced Deva, and for many decades and centuries, that is all anybody would be able to discover about the Deva and their violent, evil ways that tore apart world after world. For a while, humanity, and many other races of the universe were at the mercy of the Deva, forced to either fight, run, hide, or die at the hands of the man-eating monsters known as Deva... But this was not the end.

There was, indeed, hope.

A voice rang within the mind's of all living creatures.

With these mysterious, ethereal words, strange powers began to emerge within a select few of the population. Some called it witchcraft or magic at first, but, as time went on, these supernaturally powered beings became known as Spiritron Psychics, a name founded on these people's ability to manipulate mysterious particles known as Spiritrons that make up a person's soul.

As people began to harness their Psychic potential over the course of many years, many groups were established to fight the Deva, finally able to stand on equal ground with the immense combat prowess of these Deva with enhanced physical strength, speed, and mystical abilities.

Many years passed, many battles occurred, many died, many lived, many grew stronger and many banded together to face the darkness...

And the time came to explore what lay within these Deva Roads. Where did the Deva come from? Why did they come? Why did these Deva Roads come into existence?

An armed unit of Psychics from across the galaxy has been chosen to traverse into these Deva Roads, and discover their secrets. The Asura. You are an Asura.

The description I've provided is rather barebones but I've had this idea in the back of my mind for a long while. I planned to make a bunch of lore books that could be discovered in RP, a level system and Psychic Disciplines and specializations(basically classes), an list of weapons and armor and shit, a whole bunch of stuff. If I ever actually get to making this I'm gonna have a lot of fun with it. In particular, the base idea for large portals that open up randomly and pour out monsters and people who awaken abilities to fight them is a plot inspired from a bunch of different series, mainly Korean, but I actually got a bunch of inspiration from Warhammer 40,000 in terms of abilities and Worldbuilding.

Are there more occultic powers other than spiritron psychics?

Not particularly? It's the main form of power granted to humans and the like. I haven't come up with anything outside of that.

So, have an idea for a WoD inspired, original RP.
Witches, Vamps, Werewolves, and nine other player categories included. It would be called "Shadow Games".

I've had an idea of a bunch of little RPs that form a plot. The first entry will be:

If I don't quit hosting RPs in general, I might create this. And I might let the Aeternos and Rift connection happen, and I might not. But to give an idea of the beta concept....

Technically speaking, Aeternos and Rift probably take place in the same multiverse, just at different times. So, you will soon find out in Aeternos, that the presence of Anubis' energy on Deornir has caused massive shifts in multiple ways, which is why weather is no longer consistent depending on where you go for example. The idea is that if and when Griffith is defeated, the energy will still have caused its effect. Alright, now we move on to Rift, where there are literally gaps within space-time. The idea is that the energy of deities, plus concentrated energy from other universes, created the existence of mythical beings. If I don't let the Rifternos connection happen, it will just be that the mythical beings came into existence.

Anyways, as for the actual plot, this is not modern, but a significant amount more industrialized. That being said, there are guns, and older cars. The general idea revolves around a weapon/tool which I don't have a name for, so the placeholder name will be the Aevum Sceptre, a broken mystic item with its pieces spread across the world. It is all that's left of the deity, Chronos, and it carries his power with it. It grants the ability to view, revert, and change time. There are various hunters and mystical beings trying to get their hands on it, whether it's to become a god, to revert the world beyond weapons of war, or to revive ancient evils. In terms of character creation, your motives are a big factor of how you affect the story. The idea is that you know of the Sceptre, and you may not be searching for it, or you may have any kind of reason for searching for it. The scaling is planned to be generally higher, although since it will have an established government, and one more similar to today's governments, I wouldn't want you super high to the point where there are like 500 different nuclear threats across the world. Still, I plan on there being more free terrain, similar to Aeternos, so idk. I'll say you probably start at 8-B at the highest. LS isn't a biggie for me, so I'd let you have idk, Class 100 or something. And hopefully mid-hax.

I think I have a clearer vision of where I want this to go, but irdk. Still, I already know how I plan for this to be connected with future RPs which will help a lot, meaning that the overall RP experience will probably be clearer and clearer as the RPs go along.

Okay, I am considering a new RP concept, and it's not up because I don't have a gauge of interest + there are still some things I need to write-up.

It's a more modern-slight futuristic concept. Similar kind of setting to Supernatural Defense Force. But I want to develop more of a realistic aspect to it in the fact that there's more going on. A lot less hax restrictions, a semi-tiering system of power sets, and many more things. There aren't just heroes and the minions of the BBEG, there are full organizations that align themselves in various ways, whether it be good, evil, or in the gray area. More anti-heroes along the lines, there are assassins that aren't just the underlings of the big bad and have their own reasons for operating. I love traditional RP and just want to freshen things up setting and opposition-wise. Hopefully it sounds cool to you, and if enough people are actually intrigued I might drop a recruitment thread. But I know there are plenty of people that are already in RPs or just don't care, so I'm not going to worry about making threads until I know for sure.

The Main Idea here is that I want an RP that feels like a full world, and I'll try to do that to the best of my ability, but I know it's not exactly easy. If you're interested or want to help, like, reply, or start a conversation.

Okay, I am considering a new RP concept, and it's not up because I don't have a gauge of interest + there are still some things I need to write-up.

It's a more modern-slight futuristic concept. Similar kind of setting to Supernatural Defense Force. But I want to develop more of a realistic aspect to it in the fact that there's more going on. A lot less hax restrictions, a semi-tiering system of power sets, and many more things. There aren't just heroes and the minions of the BBEG, there are full organizations that align themselves in various ways, whether it be good, evil, or in the gray area. More anti-heroes along the lines, there are assassins that aren't just the underlings of the big bad and have their own reasons for operating. I love traditional RP and just want to freshen things up setting and opposition-wise. Hopefully it sounds cool to you, and if enough people are actually intrigued I might drop a recruitment thread. But I know there are plenty of people that are already in RPs or just don't care, so I'm not going to worry about making threads until I know for sure.

The Main Idea here is that I want an RP that feels like a full world, and I'll try to do that to the best of my ability, but I know it's not exactly easy. If you're interested or want to help, like, reply, or start a conversation.
I like it. Spider Approved.

A batshit insane idea cross over my mind.
A VS battle user vs the VSBW character RP.
NO OC, Just self insert with your original personality.
Da lore:
An bored VS Battler user create a world/universe/multiverse/omniverse/whatsoverse/whydidyoustillreadingthis? where every character on our wiki exist and invite his friend to experience the insanity adventure and fight again every popular character inside VSBW.
Imagine the insanity and absurdity of this RP.

Back