• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Behind the Masquerade RP Registration

Lou_change

He/Him
The History: Supposedly in the beginning there were the Axioms these Axioms were sentient truths that defined everything but each other and they contradicted each. This prevented pretty much anything from being able to happen until the creation of the masquerade which at first seemed like them how it was a sentient falsehood and used the falsehood's power to weaken the Axioms into the "universals" attributes shared by some things or events. The masquerade then creates all other things. Some of the universals however are attempting to reclaim their power to become the only certainty of existence. Supposedly you are being hired to prevent this.
This RP will contain several acts and has basic plans for if players collectively decide to continue working with the "Masquerade" or form a faction of their own.
Summary: You have been hired to beat up avatars of abstract concepts to prevent the end of the world. Some other avatars are helping you.

The World: The setting will primarily consist of a modern earth with a variety of more fantastic areas connected by various means. (Note characters don't have to be human or even humanoid also tangentially related they don't have to be morally good)

Put approved character sheets here.

Starting stats: Baseline 9-B (15 kilojoules) AP and durability, supersonic+ speed(Can react to sniper rifle shots), Class 5 lifting strength.

Starting Powers: You choose these, no instance win hax, no hax that make it almost impossible for you to be defeated by someone of similar strength with no hax, and no stat boosts above 2x unless it is conditional i.e (underwater) I also have the authority to get rid of other problematic powers or deciding if a character has to many has to many.

Universal: Every character can be connected to a universal so in addition to the player choosing new powers at the end of each set each can also choose a Boon(I can make them for you if you wish): A power somewhat above the cap or a passive improvement for example if you choose fire you can identify those who fear fire and can cause them to be nervous around you or just fire manipulation. All are given the Boon of camouflage to start with by "The Masquerade". The boons must be thematic to the universal. Examples of universals include: Chaos, Death(restricted from player use), Patterns(restricted from player use), Dead, Exchange, Fire, Flying, Eyes, Resistance, etc. (Definition should of done that early but in addition here it includes repeatable events)

Boon of camouflage: which prevents anyone without the Boon from perceiving the benefactor as abnormal unless they are spotted violating a cultural taboo of the area can be turned off entirely or for certain individuals if the benefactor wishes.

Offered(Optional): "The Masquerade" has made each character an offer, these offers vary greatly in nature but they have gotten each PC interested enough to investigate. (This is mostly to help me attach the world to your characters)

You have been hired to beat up avatars of abstract concepts to prevent the end of the world. Some avatars however are helping you.

Last edited:
I would accept someone similar to Noah in capabilities if that helps you
fd2e5e2d-2d3d-4d69-9871-bd0d94a2242f_text.gif

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⣶⡾⠏⠉⠙⠳⢦⡀⠀⠀⠀⢠⠞⠉⠙⠲⡀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⣴⠿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢳⡀⠀⡏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢷
⠀⠀⢠⣟⣋⡀⢀⣀⣀⡀⠀⣀⡀⣧⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⡇
⠀⠀⢸⣯⡭⠁⠸⣛⣟⠆⡴⣻⡲⣿⠀⣸⠀⠀OK⠀ ⡇
⠀⠀⣟⣿⡭⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢱⠀⠀⣿⠀⢹⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⡇
⠀⠀⠙⢿⣯⠄⠀⠀⠀⢀⡀⠀⠀⡿⠀⠀⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⡼
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⣶⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡴⠃⠀⠀⠘⠤⣄⣠⠞⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣷⡦⢤⡤⢤⣞⣁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⢀⣤⣴⣿⣏⠁⠀⠀⠸⣏⢯⣷⣖⣦⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⢀⣾⣽⣿⣿⣿⣿⠛⢲⣶⣾⢉⡷⣿⣿⠵⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⣼⣿⠍⠉⣿⡭⠉⠙⢺⣇⣼⡏⠀⠀⠀⣄⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⣿⣿⣧⣀⣿.........⣀⣰⣏⣘⣆⣀⠀⠀

HD-wallpaper-anime-anime-girls-white-hair-red-eyes-yellow-eyes-gun-girls-frontline.jpg

Name: Lina Shields

Powers: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Martial Arts, Acrobatics, Analytical Prediction (Is extremely good with geometry, trajectory, and numbers; and uses her knowledge of those things to calculate attacks, patterns and movements),

Universal: Boon of Multiplication (passively multiplies the number of any projectiles she shoots/throws by 10 every .1 seconds creating bullet hell/danmaku)

This is my rough draft I’ll finish it later tonight when I get home.

TpKtD3n.jpg

Name: Old Ben
Powers
: Expert Marksmanship, Superhuman physical characteristics, Further Enhanced Intelligence, Magic-illusion creation, divination by spell, telekinesis by spell, healing, elemental powers through spell casting, chanting empowerment
Universal: Arcane
Born in 1946, Old Ben has been homeless for fifteen years. As an ex mercenary, he was briefly detained but was let off early in a plea deal. Now, decades later, as an old man he has been given powers. He was expecting to be like a god of war, but as it turns out, he's a wizard now.

Last edited:
Universal: Boon of Multiplication (passively multiplies the number of any projectiles she shoots/throws by 10 every .1 seconds creating bullet hell/danmaku)
no that results in 10 billion bullets in one second assuming they are three millimeter cubes that is 30 cubic meters of bullets
edit: you would also create 10^18 or a quintillion times more projects then there are atoms in the observable universe if you launch something that travels for ten seconds or 10^100 of the projectile.

Last edited:
I would recommend the Universal of firepower then Boon of marksmanship: (give someone a mark that causes your shots to home plus some additional effects like you know where they are or anti regen would probably require you to shoot them once to get the mark tho.)

I would recommend the Universal of firepower then Boon of marksmanship: (give someone a mark that causes your shots to home plus some additional effects like you know where they are or anti regen would probably require you to shoot them once to get the mark tho.)
🤔 I’ll come up with something later.

I will be honest I was hoping Gregory would be of the weaker member of the cast (If mostly due to having low range) so I am going to recommend you at least give him preparation.

First time make profile
Here:
36-369822_elesis-anime-girl-red-hair-sword-blood-warrior.png

Name: Alice gladius

Origin: behind the masquerade RP

Power:Superhuman Physical Characteristics, weapon mastery (sword), acrobotics and fire manipulation via Chi o moyasu, resistance to flame manipulation

Universal: Boon of flame (Can control flame thought all ways as long as users have enough stamina to do)

Intelligent: Above normal human (almost get all A in exam ) Gifted in combat

Back