• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Roleplay Ideas And Discussion Concept Thread

What have I done?
you have embraced the dark side
368d0u.jpg

Currently working on a RP myself. I think i have finished around 30 to 40% of the Rulebook for it. Really don't know how to explain the story and lore without taking away too much, but let's just say that the archetypical JRPG story of freeing the world from evil is really just the surface of this tale.

Personally can't wait to get this started and have people react to the upcoming bossfights, which i hope will turn out to be a perfect blend of cinematic and lore dripping presentation and actual fun and engaging gameplay

Sounds like a good way to crush the hopes and dreams of your players if they keep messing up and making you mad.

I've always considered participating in one of the RP threads, but never got the motivation to do so, so this is a pretty neat thread.
heh, that's a good idea to teach newbies thet even in this place hopes and dreams are just a byproduct of their childish imagination

I thinking about some god just trying to hire people to take some roles and just testing them in a sandbox world for an internship except the world is a god eater toying with them all.

I thought of creating a Fantasy world rp based on the fact that the MCs should searching 5 lost keys all over the world to avoid the fall of magic itself and seal Magicdeator again

Hmmm, are there any rp where there's a leveling system? We can search a website for making standard rpg or something and randomized encounter or something, that'll be fun i bet

Hmmmm, would be great and interesting concept
Basically the god is a exploring machine turned god of exploration who found another god reduce to a sentient battery that had some machines to help them the first merges with the second one to help them do their job but apparently he was reduced to battery to fight off the god eater a self controlling reality. Knowing it is killed several gods they create a world to train new gods to restore control of the domains lost. They don’t notice it consuming the reality to feed on the newly made demi-gods as they ripen.

Currently having a few vague ideas outside of Aeternos. Note, all of these are unfinished, just general ideas.

Placeholder Name (PHN): The Other World (Inspiration(s): KH4, Genshin Impact, Reddit Toilet Anime - Feel free to ask me about this if you don't know what it is and you're intrigued)

In short form, the idea is a reverse-isekai. Normally, truck-kun takes an average joe to this otherworldly fantasy plane, and they become the heroes of that world...well, in this scenario, you start out living in your fantasy setting, whatever kinda race you want (elf, harefolk, etc.), and you're transported to the normal realm, granted, some time (about 50 years or so) into the future. Blah blah blah, BBEG's dimensional rifts, it will probably be about travelling through dimensions, chasing this guy, repairing holes in space-time, handling whatever issues have been created if you feel like it. Typical interdimensional stuff.

Basic scaling: For Aeternos, I had scaling start off weaker (around 9-A). Scaling for this would be decently higher to start out, 8-A to 7-C is the current plan for the start. Ending would go spatial, so at least Tier 5 for the current concept.

Character limits: Mid-hax, preferably one character, might allow multiple if it doesn't get too out of hand.

(The other designs, I was originally going to post, but I've decided not to share because they probably won't be held on the wiki due to their freeform nature rather than a clear guided story and resolution. Feel free to contact me about those.)

Currently having a few vague ideas outside of Aeternos. Note, all of these are unfinished, just general ideas.

Placeholder Name (PHN): The Other World (Inspiration(s): KH4, Genshin Impact, Reddit Toilet Anime - Feel free to ask me about this if you don't know what it is and you're intrigued)

In short form, the idea is a reverse-isekai. Normally, truck-kun takes an average joe to this otherworldly fantasy plane, and they become the heroes of that world...well, in this scenario, you start out living in your fantasy setting, whatever kinda race you want (elf, harefolk, etc.), and you're transported to the normal realm, granted, some time (about 50 years or so) into the future. Blah blah blah, BBEG's dimensional rifts, it will probably be about travelling through dimensions, chasing this guy, repairing holes in space-time, handling whatever issues have been created if you feel like it. Typical interdimensional stuff.

Basic scaling: For Aeternos, I had scaling start off weaker (around 9-A). Scaling for this would be decently higher to start out, 8-A to 7-C is the current plan for the start. Ending would go spatial, so at least Tier 5 for the current concept.

Character limits: Mid-hax, preferably one character, might allow multiple if it doesn't get too out of hand.

(The other designs, I was originally going to post, but I've decided not to share because they probably won't be held on the wiki due to their freeform nature rather than a clear guided story and resolution. Feel free to contact me about those.)
interesting, also, should i ask bout the Reddit toilet anime or not? I fear i might tread into an unknown level of madness there

interesting, also, should i ask bout the Reddit toilet anime or not? I fear i might tread into an unknown level of madness there
Alright, so basically, at one point in time, I was scrolling through anime ideas and I found this reddit post about it. One of the comments in which someone shared their idea was basically about this group of dudes who needed to use the bathroom but couldn't find a toilet. So they legit travel through dimensions, face various adventures, and fight various threats, just trying to find a toilet, and failing to find one until the very end of the series.

Alright, so basically, at one point in time, I was scrolling through anime ideas and I found this reddit post about it. One of the comments in which someone shared their idea was basically about this group of dudes who needed to use the bathroom but couldn't find a toilet. So they legit travel through dimensions, face various adventures, and fight various threats, just trying to find a toilet, and failing to find one until the very end of the series.
Ah i see, a weird adventure, got it

I had a sci-fi RP I made a while back that kind of died due to a lack of planning on my end. I might try to reboot it. However, I want to kind of differentiate it from just a standard sci-fi world like Star Wars or Star Trek, and I'm thinking about adding some weird dimensions with their own rules and laws of physics that the main cast would have to navigate through, and even potentially some mythologies and gothic horror slapped in their as well.

No idea when I'm going to make this, or even if I'm gonna make this, but yeah.

Now I'm just wondering if I want to put in work to start now, or if I want to wait until I finish Aeternos...

I might hop over here in a few to possibly get some resolution ideas or BBEG ideas for a design of mine (not one of my already existing RPs)

Sindel from Mortal Kombat. She literally married a BBEG in Shao Kahn, so it's fair to say they've both got that villain energy.

Thanks but I'm looking for something like we used to play here.

Hmm. How about "Amalgam Verse"

Star Wars + MCU + DCEU?

I think I can make a storyline with that work.
I always talk about how I wanna see The Mandalorian x The Guardians of the Galaxy, ngl

RIP, they're my favorite group in the entire MCU and I'm the saddest man on earth that Thor isn't a permanent member.

Back