• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Return! - SCP-1440 vs BB

Sir_Ovens

Resident Kitchen Appliance
VS Battles
Administrator
This was done before, but that thread never ended. Now that both characters have had their time in the spamlight, they return for a nostaligic bout to the death.

In this corner, we have SCP-1440! He beat not one, not two, but three Deaths in a game of cards. Now he walks aimlessly, cursed by the very Brothers he beat to forever destroy and kill to further their goals.

And in this corner, we have BB! She may be data, but her threat is very real folks. A rebel by nature, she stood against the very system she was made in. Now she's here, and ready to assert her Authority.

Who will win? who will lose? You decide folks! You know the drill, standard battle assumptions and equalized speed.

Scp-1440
I kicked the shit out of your husband, what makes you different?

BB
He's child's play. Time for a real challenge, old man.

May the best spam win.

So...

1440 himself is from Earth... but his weapons aren't, so there goes her authority.

That said, can he open the bag fast enough before being law manip'd/CCC'ed or whatever she can use to one shot?

Anything that changes the constant reality around 1440 gets negated by the stick, which I'm sure you've guessed is 1-B.

As the spear defines normalcy on a 1-B scale, it could reasonably take care of law manip. However, I'm not familiar enough with BB to say whether 1440 would take it because of this. I'll wait for others to vote first.

The brothers have a tendency to bring back 1440 from bfr.

I'm just going to quote what Kep said on 1440 vs Calypso.

"Comparing Kharn to 1440 is a Titan sized false equivalence"

Kharn and 1440's powers from their respective deities are no different only Kharn gets broken ass 1-A power null from a 1-A being while 1440 only gets moved around by 1-B beings

Other than that neither deity does anything for them

Kharn doesn't have 1-A Power Null. Azzy and I both debunked this. You're welcome to try and use this falsehood. Nobody uses this argument anymore.

Can we seriously not, yet again, have the Brothers hold 1440's hand against virtually anything that would make him lose?

I was under the assumption 1440's Reinhard-like immortality was restricted, but everything else was fair game.

I love how it's being argued that "The spear is also capable of completely overriding the stabilized local timeline, effectively defining normalcy within the area of effect, overriding local causality, and reversing narrative inertia" means that all of her reality warping powers are useless.

Stabilised local timeline - so she's not killing him by rearranging the timeline so that he already died / was never born.

Definining normalcy - unless this comes with some feats, this is just flowery language, and extrapolating it to mean it negs all of BB's warpy powers is unfounded.

Overriding local causality - so she can't causality warp him away. Although this says "local scale" and hers is significantly higher than on a local scale.

Reversing narrative inertia - presumably something to do with plot manip based on "narrative inertia", which she doesn't even have.

In other words, she's still quite capable of lol concept hax, lol law hax, lol existence erasure, and everything else she has that isn't what I've said above.

4A

I thought I'd always seen claimed on this wiki that Warhammer 40k gods granted High 1-B/1-A hax to people. Are all of these 4-A? How do we even know that it's limited to there?

Also seconding removing Kharn off 682's profile if the power null's only 4A.

As I've said before, what makes 1440 an interesting case is he gets a variety of different higher-dimensional hax from different sources. He has the brothers actively preventing his death (restricted by default), he has 1-B hax items he won using his own skill (not restricted by default), he has a 1-B weapon with passive resistances from a source I forget (restricted if it would give an AP stomp). However, he also has the brothers actively bringing him back from BFR.

As far as I can tell, intervention from higher beings to provide hax/resistances isn't automatically restricted, with the exception of higher dimensional immortality.

@Monarch Laciel I'm not familiar with 1440's encounter with The Scarlet King, but it doesn't seem impossible for me for a weapon aimed at killing the Scarlet King to resist his hax, which includes concept hax, but not explicitly law manip/existence erasure.

I also took it overriding causality on a local scale to mean making causality normal within that local area, even if that causality is derived from outside that local area.

Waiting for more comments, but leaning on inconclusive for now, as 1440 can bag and BB can law manip/existence erase.

As per the rules they can't bring him back to life if he is killed but they can move him around, which is basically the only other thing they do to him anyways

ThisIsMySwagPack said:
He just gets one-shotted by something.
Speed equalized. It's one-shotting vs opening a bag, both would win, hence my inconclusive vote.

Back