• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nasuverse - Moon Cell Cosmology Re-Evaluation Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Standard site procedures says that any guide statements, especially cosmology ones, should have some support from the source material, no?
Guidebooks/Databooks fall under secondary canon rules
Canon is a term used to designate works that are generally accepted as the genuine work that apply to the fictional verse. With few possible exceptions only canon material is featured in the character pages, with non-canon material to be ignored.

The generally agreed-upon definition is that the work by the original author and creator of the fictional setting is canonical, unless the author or the copyright holder declares otherwise. Few other exceptions are also possible and should be noted on the verse page.

The primary canon is the source material first released (with few possible exceptions), with the other author works being secondary canon.

When different source materials give different versions of the same feat, and by that they contradict each other in the depiction of the feat, the primary canon takes precedence over the secondary canon.

If the feat is correctly depicted over multiple canons any of these can be used to judge the feat. Should different results be reached by judging the feat through multiple canons, the result of the primary canon will have priority.

So for most manga series, that means the original manga is canonical, while the anime is not (since the anime is simply an adaptation of the manga made by others). Databooks are considered secondary canon since scans tend to contradict them. It should be noted that this is often evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
A databook can be used as valid evidence without supporting scans from series, it just can't be used if scans from primary canon contradict the claim its making (EDIT: As an example this guidebook claim that Superman's reactions = speed has no contradicting elements while this one saying Orochimaru's snake summon counters all defense has dozens of contradicting elements and can't be used)

@Deagonx @Qawsedf234 @DarkDragonMedeus

Standard site procedures says that any guide statements, especially cosmology ones, should have some support from the source material, no?
There's this.

• When a statement from a character, guidebook, or even word of god contradicts what occurs in the series, they won't be used. For example, if an author says that a character from his work is incapable of shattering planets, even though it has destroyed galaxies on-screen, we will always go with the latter, rather than the former. The statement needs to be consistent with what has been revealed within the fictional franchise itself. Otherwise, it will be considered invalid.
  • Author statements will only be accepted when they clarify what has been shown or implied in the series itself, and will be rejected when they contradict what has been shown to the audience. Statements that technically do not contradict anything shown in the series will still be rejected if there is no evidence that they are accurate.
But the latter statement only clarifies author statements.
it just can't be used if scans from primary canon contradict the claim its making.
In this case, we do have the game statement of the Moon Cell being finite. However, we should iron out the QS and dimension stuff before hashing out anything else, as Paul seems to think that whether or not the Moon Cell is infinite doesn't affect that.

Well, she is, but her reasoning is explicitly based on the finite Moon Cell. If the Moon Cell is finite, a labyrinth within it must also be finite.

Yes, it's slightly different.
As long as it is built in a finite moon cell,
It must be a finite labyrinth.

It's very direct. Her reasoning is based on a finite moon cell.
You seem to have completely missed everything else I said. To reiterate, she says it is "finite" and thus the labyrinth must follow rules or whatever. However given everything else she's not actually saying things in the Mooncell, or the Mooncell itself, can't be infinite. At most she's referring to the idea that the outside is the Moon, as I've shown that the inside has infinite stuff, and is endless or bottomless or whatever according to explanations of it, in fact, Rani herself says it contains infinite stuff, the whole infinite possibilities being present thing.

Even if you argue its all light or whatever other argument you've made to try and make them not count, it's an infinite amount still, that can't exist in a truly finite space, thus Rani isn't saying that nothing infinite is within the Mooncell or that its truly finite, and as I said, if you were to still argue she was, then she's simply wrong as numerous things including her own words, disagree with that notion.
Where is that in the text? This appears to be an interpretation generated wholly for convenience.
Where is what in the text, that it's in the Moon? That's uhh, everywhere, just, literally every mention. Or do you mean where is "the inside isn't finite" in which case I posted numerous things showing it
There's no such thing as a "klein cube" in mathematics.
Cubic x-folds definitely do exist in mathematics. With a Klein cubic threefold, or Klein cube, being one of those types. But as I said, the actual existence of them in the real world isn't as important as their explanation in verse, it merely is supporting evidence due to what they are.
It's not a bad argument, no. Generally we require some level of substantiation in the proper source material rather than tier something extremely higher than we have any feats for due solely to a guidebook statement.
No, its a very bad argument. The argument is "this isnt said in game too therefore its unusable" this idea renders databooks completely redundant and pointless then, as the entire point of a data book is to explain things which aren't fully explained outside of them
First, the size of the dimensions does matter, indeed. Though we know definitively that they are not physical dimensions, as that would very blatantly contradict the nature of the Moon Cell. Second, superiority in any regard would not by itself justify treating each dimension as a higher infinity unto itself, given that "higher spatial dimensions" is concretely not the mechanism for superiority, and third, the matter of the ambiguity of what the phrase even means or if it refers to spatial dimensions in the first place is still being contested.
I'm going to ignore the "not physical dimensions therefore fake" thing because this was addressed above already and you seem to have just ignored it, so moving on, no it doesn't need to be infinite sized if its established as valid superiority or whatever, Ultima has said this as well when asked.

Higher spatial dimensions is in fact the mechanism, you just seem to disagree with that but it's in fact just directly shown to be the case. They outright mention lower dimensions, including time, appearing as flat. Specifically saying that from a higher dimension, the 3 dimensional world and time would appear as the words in a story. This is corroborated by Zepia and Zelretch, who see the multiverse as scripts to plays, and the words in a book respectively, due to their higher dimensional, transcendental perspectives.

You continue to argue that this is just because of how the Mooncell sees timelines, but you continue to ignore two things to reach this conclusion. Firstly, you ignore that the reason the Mooncell sees it like that is because it's called higher d itself as I've quoted repeatedly here, secondly, and most importantly, you ignore that the statement isn't about BB and the Mooncell and so the argument doesn't even work.

The statement is a general explanation of how higher dimensional things view stuff, and then Rin at the very end, after not mentioning BB prior for nearly 30 sentences, says that BB also has that now. In other words, the argument of "it doesn't count because BB just has it because X" fails because the explanation was never about BB, it was a general explanation which they then applied to BB at the end, so offering an alternate explanation for BB doesn't change anything because higher dimensions themselves are already explained in a way that counts.

Beyond that it's not really contested whether it's spatial dimensions or not, except by you, who have hung onto the layers explanation despite the extensive explanations as to how its impossible, including the text just outright not saying it, and instead saying it cuts through 8 dimensions. This is in addition to CCC explicitly lacking the concept of these layers, and these layers being from Extra and not Extra/CCC, meaning that not only do they explicitly not exist here as I've posted, no possible context could imply they meant layers, because that's never mentioned in CCC.

A databook can be used as valid evidence without supporting scans from series, it just can't be used if scans from primary canon contradict the claim its making.
Indeed, and in this case, as I've posted it doesn't contradict the games, the Mooncell being infinite or being able to have infinite spaces in it is consistent within the series, with even Rani herself (who is being used to say its finite) saying as much, not just that one statement saying there's infinite distance.

Instead, using the statement about the labyrinth the way they're attempting to use it renders it the one off and inconsistent statement.

Even in game the whole "BB needed infinite whatever to cross it" was there. They say BB had to use infinite time to bypass it

Although the Moon Cell cannot be hacked no matter how much time is taken, BB took over it by placing herself in "infinite time".
That's in the settings section of BB's servant matrix, this is the in game version of the databook explanation I quoted before
It’s actually an infinite distance that cannot be covered even if you try for centuries
…Is how it’s supposed to be, but BB used an imaginary number space to force herself to become an infinite concept, and by using a fake arena she managed to break past the borderline
it's simply a more fleshed out explanation of something already stated in game. The in game version also stops the idea that 404 light years is actually finite, as otherwise it wouldn't be impossible to hack no matter how much time was taken, with BB needing infinite time, it'd be very much finite, 404 years at the speed of light to be exact.

However given everything else she's not actually saying things in the Mooncell, or the Mooncell itself, can't be infinite
I understand that your argument is that other evidence contradicts the scan, but that does not mean the scan doesn't mean what it clearly means. The value of the various pieces of evidence for and against an infinite moon cell can be discussed later on, but the fact remains that the scan concretely defines the Moon Cell as finite. There are other scans which do the same.

Higher spatial dimensions is in fact the mechanism, you just seem to disagree with that but it's in fact just directly shown to be the case.
No, it is not. The analogy used does not "show" that it is higher spatial dimensions, and it is in-fact directly shown not to be the case through a variety of canonical information about the Moon Cell. You can argue that spatiality is the best interpretation if you wish, but I think that's a pretty poor argument that isn't supported by what Rin actually said or what we know about the Moon Cell. Even BB said so:

The Moon Cell is a recording devise that utilizes light. Made by a culture far different from the human culture of consumption, a kind of operation that doesn’t depend on materials — By nature, there is no concept of observation based on the passage of time here. Past, present, future, all are processed in parallel. The SE.RA.PH and the Holy Grail War are nothing more than virtual spaces made by the core to document human beings more accurately.

Firstly, you ignore that the reason the Mooncell sees it like that is because it's called higher d itself as I've quoted repeatedly here, secondly, and most importantly, you ignore that the statement isn't about BB and the Mooncell and so the argument doesn't even work.
No, I have not ignored any of those things, rather, your arguments for those opinions have been unconvincing and what Rin actually said paints a different story. Your interpretation is not a dogmatic truth, so it would be best if you did not repeat it at me as one over and over again each time I state my disagreement.

The statement is a general explanation of how higher dimensional things view stuff
No, the statement is a general explanation for the Observed Universe. It is literally a response to the question "What is the observed universe." Rin's explanation primarily revolves around the difference in how time is perceived in an observed universe and a recorded universe. The Moon Cell is explicitly described as a "concurrent world simulator" and is a Recorded Universe, and that when BB became the Moon Cell she was able to freely view past and future simultaneously (which is obvious given that she became the computer simulating the worlds). It is absolutely not the case that the statement was a "general explanation of how higher dimensional things view stuff" and certainly isn't the case that the "higher dimensional perspective" is spatial, given how much that contradicts everything else that has been said about the Moon Cell, BB, and that such an approach depends entirely upon your opinion that the analogy used should be taken literally, which is just an opinion and nothing more.

Beyond that it's not really contested whether it's spatial dimensions or not, except by you

That's an appeal to popularity. There's no evidence for them being spatial, and mountains of evidence against it. The fact that this misconception was accepted widely doesn't make it true.

Last edited:
I understand that your argument is that other evidence contradicts the scan, but that does not mean the scan doesn't mean what it clearly means. The value of the various pieces of evidence for and against an infinite moon cell can be discussed later on, but the fact remains that the scan concretely defines the Moon Cell as finite. There are other scans which do the same.
This is not my only argument there it's just one. My argument as a whole though is that the scan doesn't mean what you're interpreting it as. The entire point of it is to give a reason why the labyrinth has to follow a set shape and size or whatever, but we see in that same stage that the area around 11th floor itself doesn't follow those rules, only the actual floor of the labyrinth, with the rest having no boundaries or whatever.

………I doubt my own eyes. The floor of the Labyrinth spreads out until…uh, until the vanishing point, as far as I can see. It’s nothing but a vast open space, no walls in sight.
Even if you say it isnt infinite or whatever, this contradicts what Rani says about the actual floor, that it must be a set shape with a set entrance and exit, something with no walls is not a set shape. Even saying its not infinite size, this shows that her statement is purely applying to the labyrinth, not every part of the Mooncell.

As I've explained, her saying it's finite is to establish this point, and at the best, it's referring to the idea that the Moon is the Mooncell, rather than saying it's actually finite and can't have infinite stuff, as the inside of the Mooncell is infinite as seen by multiple things, including Rani herself.

Then after this chapter when the Alter Egos and stuff begin to emerge, we learn that Rani was just wrong to begin with. BB doesn't have to have the labyrinth be a set size with set entrances and exits, and can extend it as much as she wants freely, and that we can't escape no matter the distance we cover
No matter the distance you travel,
as long as it's not "the end of the Labyrinth",
"the way out" will never appear.
If that's the case, we're in a bad spot.
No matter the distance we cover, it would all
be a waste if she just extends the Labyrinth.
No, it is not. The analogy used does not "show" that it is higher spatial dimensions, and it is in-fact directly shown not to be the case through a variety of canonical information about the Moon Cell.
Think of it like a higher-dimensional existence.
Viewed from a higher dimension, even a three-dimensional object is the same as a flat scroll. This would be a higher-dimensional perspective. Get it? In cases like those, the entirety of time within that book would become interchangeable. After all, you'd be able to flip through pages and pick whatever moment you like. "Past" and "Future" doesn't even exist to you
"Even a three dimensional object is flat, time within the 'book' is interchangeable" if I recall correct, the 3 dimensions below time are spatial, and those 3 dimensions including time are seen as a flat scroll or the stuff written on the pages of a book, as said here and in FSF, where Zelretch reads through timelines, deciding which are good or bad and changing stuff
Then, as if to match his words, the pages in the book hovering in front of the man turned with a flutter, inscribing multifarious information in real-time.
The thickness of the book was about that of a standard encyclopedia.
Regardless, as the man guided his finger through the air, thousands— tens of thousands of pages were born and erased.
Or Case Files, where Zepia calculates the world as scripts because of a transcendent, and higher dimensional perspective
And this reality was just one of the empty worlds (lit:scripts) that he had calculated. It was from this transcendent position that he spoke to us.

Though we (the Clock Tower and the Atlas Institute) were both Mages’ Associations, his perspective could already be counted as a different dimension. This wasn’t simply a problem of skill level

This seems pretty much like that to me, you keep saying it's not the case because of a variety of canonical information about the Mooncell, but aside from "it's not physical gg" you haven't said any, and that reason was already addressed.

You can argue that spatiality is the best interpretation if you wish, but I think that's a pretty poor argument that isn't supported by what Rin actually said or what we know about the Moon Cell. Even BB said so:

The Moon Cell is a recording devise that utilizes light. Made by a culture far different from the human culture of consumption, a kind of operation that doesn’t depend on materials — By nature, there is no concept of observation based on the passage of time here. Past, present, future, all are processed in parallel. The SE.RA.PH and the Holy Grail War are nothing more than virtual spaces made by the core to document human beings more accurately.
BB saying its made of light doesnt mean anything? I've explained this with the whole spiritron thing already. This seems to be trying to go for "the Mooncell just records it this way and that's what BB got" which again, ignores the core being said to be higher d as the explanation for this, and more importantly, the 29 sentences before BB was even mentioned, showing that Rin was not explaining BB's stuff, but rather general higher dimensions and then applying it to BB at the end, so this argument doesn't work.
No, I have not ignored any of those things, rather, your arguments for those opinions have been unconvincing and what Rin actually said paints a different story. Your interpretation is not a dogmatic truth, so it would be best if you did not repeat it at me as one over and over again each time I state my disagreement.
This isn't a matter of interpretation, the core being higher d is directly said, you know this. Beyond that I have literally counted the number of sentences between Rin starting and mentioning BB, if the subject of it was how things worked for BB, she'd have been mentioned before she got 29 sentences in. This isn't an interpretation thing, this is just reading the actual scene and seeing "wow, she's not talking about BB specifically"
No, the statement is a general explanation for the Observed Universe. It is literally a response to the question "What is the observed universe." Rin's explanation primarily revolves around the difference in how time is perceived in an observed universe and a recorded universe. The Moon Cell is explicitly described as a "concurrent world simulator" and is a Recorded Universe, and that when BB became the Moon Cell she was able to freely view past and future simultaneously (which is obvious given that she became the computer simulating the worlds). It is absolutely not the case that the statement was a "general explanation of how higher dimensional things view stuff" and certainly isn't the case that the "higher dimensional perspective" is spatial, given how much that contradicts everything else that has been said about the Moon Cell, BB, and that such an approach depends entirely upon your opinion that the analogy used should be taken literally, which is just an opinion and nothing more.
It doesn't contradict anything said about the Mooncell and BB though, that's the issue, besides your idea that "it's light and not physical gg".

Beyond that, yes it starts as an explanation of the recorded universe. However you'll note that she immediately shifts into higher dimensions in general. She says "the universe of records is perception from a dimension above. Think of it as a higher dimensional perspective" and then explains what a higher dimensional perspective entails for the remainder of the rant/analogy, giving general ideas such as the book analogy, and scroll thing as applied to a quote "higher dimensional perspective" with a higher dimensional perspective being something that the universe of records would have. There's literally no possible way to read her entire rant and come to the conclusion of "yep, this is about the Mooncell or BB specifically and only"

Like you're attempting to make this have less weight by saying that I'm just interpreting this like this or it's an opinion, but this is quite literally just how the scene is written, that's not a matter of perspective.
That's an appeal to popularity. There's no evidence for them being spatial, and mountains of evidence against it. The fact that this misconception was accepted widely doesn't make it true

"It's contested whether or not they're spatial dimensions"

"No, you're the only one arguing they aren't here's why it cant be layers, which is the alternative you have, and other stuff has already been shown for why they are spatial"

"Appeal to popularity, there's a ton of evidence they aren't, people just disagree with me but that doesn't make it right"

Last edited:
This isn't a matter of interpretation, the core being higher d is directly said, you know this.
I think it's quite telling that you have to repeatedly strawman my argument in order to forward your position.

I never denied jt being referred to as having a higher dimensional perspective. The interpretation of this phrase -- that it denotes an additional spatial dimension -- is supported by next to no evidence and contradicted by a large body of evidence. In addition to the fact that this higher dimensional perspective does not grant qualitative superiority and has no connection to the wall mentioned by BB.

Like you're attempting to make this have less weight by saying that I'm just interpreting this like this or it's an opinion, but this is quite literally just how the scene is written, that's not a matter of perspective.
It's the opposite, you're attempting to reinforce your position by stating it as fact when it clearly isn't. There's insufficient evidence to suggest the wall statement refers to higher spatial dimensions. The Rin rant concretely cannot refer to higher spatial dimensions, and BB's superiority over the timelines is definitively not a result of higher spatial dimensionality.

I've been polite to your viewpoint as a matter of courtesy, but since you have routinely refused to reciprocate that I see no point in it. The facts are very clear, there is no evidentiary basis for these levels of superiority. It's a house of cards based on extremely generous interpretations of one off statements and a willful blind eye towards all the reasons it can't work. It's just that simple, you aren't right here at all.

The facts are very clear, there is no evidentiary basis for these levels of superiority.
Well, as note, there's no evidence in your view. Ultima, Crimson, myself and a thread mod all have said that there were.

dimensional perspective does not grant qualitative superiority
A higher dimensional perspective in of itself wouldn't, but if your 4th dimension views the third dimension as flat and time as a book then that space would be qualitatively superior. They're ultimately being scaled to the entire 8th dimensional realm by being over seven other dimensions, not just having 8 dimensional axis.

@Qawsedf234

With us presenting the mistranslation of the Zero-th Chimeric Lunar Sea and presenting in-game statements that conflict with the 404 Light Years Guide statement, have your thoughts on these changed? Do you have questions regarding these topics?

What other justifications did you see regarding the claimed levels of qualitative superiority? We'll be getting to the Avalon discussion soon.

With us presenting the mistranslation of the Zero-th Chimeric Lunar Sea and presenting in-game statements that conflict with the 404 Light Years Guide statement, have your thoughts on these changed?
Paul counterclaim regarding those were sufficientlyrics convincing to me. Like with Tiamat the Moon Cell seems like a larger space that's located within a smaller space.

EDIT: Should clarify, that the infinite Labyrinth name is 100% wrong though, but it being ever changing and expanded to any size is supporting evidence for a universal sized dimensional space.

What other justifications did you see regarding the claimed levels of qualitative superiority?
Well it's not any other justifications, I just disagree that they're current justifications aren't useable. From my reading I think they fit enough requirements for a standard higher dimensional space. The only thing I can see being at odds is them scaling to 8-D rather than 7-D.

@Qawsedf234

To clarify, you working under the premise that "cuts to the 8th dimension" means there are 8 levels of infinity above 3-D even though the examples we have of Tiamet and the Book/scroll perspective analogy are 4-D.

Last edited:
To clarify, you working under the premise that "cuts to the 8th dimension" means there are 8 levels of infinity even though the examples we have of Tiamet and the Book/scroll perspective analogy are 4-D.
I'm saying the following:
  • Higher dimensions view lower dimensions as flat from their perspective
  • No statement has been provided that would imply the dimensions used for Moon Cell would be separate from higher dimension
  • Avalon blocks signals and abilities through higher dimensions
In order for the Moon Cell's 8th dimension to not be 1-C in my view you would need to prove that the dimensions for Moon Cell aren't geometric dimensions.

A higher dimensional perspective in of itself wouldn't, but if your 4th dimension views the third dimension as flat and time as a book then that space would be qualitatively superior. They're ultimately being scaled to the entire 8th dimensional realm by being over seven other dimensions, not just having 8 dimensional axis
  • Higher dimensions view lower dimensions as flat from their perspective
  • No statement has been provided that would imply the dimensions used for Moon Cell would be separate from higher dimension
  • Avalon blocks signals and abilities through higher dimensions
I think you're inverting the burden of proof here with regard to these eight dimensions.

We have two pieces of information. The first and simplest is the scan from BB where the wall guarding the Moon Cell Core is described as "cutting through eight dimensions." The second, and more complicated, is Rin's monologue. She is asked about the concept of the Observed Universe, and explains the difference between it and the Recorded Universe, how time passes linearly and irreversibly in the OU but in the RU, past present and future exist at the same time. This is referred to as a higher dimensional perspective. The ability to view time non-linearly, to flip back and forth.

She uses an analogy of a three-dimensional world as a book that you come outside of and then you can view past and present simultaneously, because the Moon Cell follows the laws of a Recorded Universe, it's a concurrent world simulator. This is crucial. Ask yourself why BB can view the past and present of the Moon Cell simultaneously. Is it because she is a four dimensional or eight dimensional being? No, it is because she became the computer that is processing the timelines of the moon cell as data.

-----------------------------------------

So with regard to BB's statement about the wall that cuts through eight dimensions, what evidence do we have to connect it to Rin's monologue in the first place and assume that it's eight spatial dimensions? What reason do we have to take Rin's metaphor for viewing time differently literally in terms of spatiality anyways? The only concept of a "higher dimension" we've been given is the concept of a recorded universe where time exists simultaneously. This isn't what grants BB control over these timelines, it is her control over the computer that allows her to influence the Moon Cell. Her perception is a different matter. There's no evidence that this is something that can be stacked multiple times, and there is no evidence of such a hierarchy in the verse (there aren't 5D, 6D, 7D beings in a hierarchy, it's just a random jump to eight dimensions based on this single statement).

In order for the Moon Cell's 8th dimension to not be 1-C in my view you would need to prove that the dimensions for Moon Cell aren't geometric dimensions.
Despite the lack of sufficient evidence described above (I mean really, we're granting several higher infinities based on an extremely specious set of information), there actually is strong evidence against them being spatial. The first and most obvious which is the nature of the Moon Cell: It isn't physical, which means it isn't spatial.

There is a wealth of information both in the game and in the various guidebooks that the Moon Cell cannot be accessed physically, there aren't any spatial dimensions in these worlds, they are directly stated to be made of numbers and photons.

To intrude into the second layer or deeper into the Moon is probably too difficult for non-wizards… or perhaps I should say that there is just no physical way to do so.
Transference of the soul — a body transformed into spiritrons, is necessary to be able to peek any further into the abyss.
Before, consciousness was thought to only manifest through a physical body. But magi managed to measure the position of “the soul” and redirect its output into a new world; the cyber world. They succeeded in allowing one to create a digital copy of themselves (a bunshin).
After this magi could transfer themselves into the digital world and carry out higher level information gathering.
The soul is a energy body that resides in a higher dimension, and is actually an unbelievably excellent information medium.
Incidentally, in the world of EXTRA where the information world (digital) takes precedence over the physical world, she is no longer the strongest.
To be a true hacker, one must have the rare ability to clearly imagine the nature of one’s body virtually as a sequence of numbers

As you can see, we actually can quite easily prove that the dimensions of the Moon Cell aren't geometric. Everything that occurs within Extra and CCC is data stored in photonic crystals. These crystals aren't 8-D, they can be found and mined on Earth. Rin's talk of a three-dimensional book is given in a metaphor used to explain a perspective that sees time simultaneously, not a higher spatial dimension, not a higher infinity.

This can be proven further with other instances in the verse where "higher dimensional" is used in a way that explicit refers to neither higher spatiality nor higher infinites. For instance, the Soul, a non-physical thing from a higher dimension:

A soul resides in all life forms that are intelligent. It is spiritual life that is not part of any physical phenomenon.
Defined as the substance that is the “true essence” of the soul, which is thought to reside in a higher dimension.
That unchanging thing is the “meaning” of the existence of the soul which lies in a higher dimension.
The families combined their secret techniques to develop the system to give structure and summon a Holy Grail capable of serving as a wish granting machine with the aim of enabling man to evolve to escape the bonds of the material body, and ascend to be higher dimension beings, or “souls” that do not require a physical body to serve as an medium or output device.
The Pseudo-Spiritron Computer is a parallel computation device that uses the soul (which resides in a higher dimension) as its axis to activate a “something” which lies in a parallel world.
The soul is a energy body that resides in a higher dimension, and is actually an unbelievably excellent information medium.
Heroic Spirits are a spiritual phenomenon of a higher order, and the Throne of Heroic Spirits exists in a dimension above this dimension.
They are an existence that transcend time.

Souls, as well as Heroic Spirits, are explicitly stated to be higher dimensional, non-physical, and are said to transcend time. Using this same logic, we would be forced to conclude that human souls are a higher infinity to the entire physical world, and that so are Heroic Spirits. Problem is, we literally know this isn't the case.

Souls in particular, there are spells through which souls can be captured, destroyed, forcefully separated from one's body, materialized, used in computers, quantified as data, created, et cetera.

Heroic Spirits literally exist in a realm that views the timeline of Earth in the same manner as the Moon Cell is able to see the timelines that it calculates. They explicitly are said to transcend time and to be a spiritual phenomenon of a higher order, but we know definitively that the world they are in isn't higher spatial, it's also just information, and it isn't a higher infinity.

Those who have become Heroic Spirits are freed from the constraints of time and are moved to the Throne of Heroes, existing to the outside of the World.
Heroic Spirits are beings cut off from the time axis and can be summoned in any era, regardless of past and future. However, the only one that can summon the main body of the Heroic Spirits is the "world", and alas, humans can't summon the main body and can only summon their emanations, the Servants. Speaking of which, the information (souls) making up the Servants return to the main body at the same time as the death of the Servant, and the main body can know, as records, about the actions of the Servants as if reading a book.
"Heavens Feel is not a spell that duplicates a soul perceived in the past.
It's actually a spell to make an existence of a higher dimension that can take a spirit form and still influence the physical world.
It takes a soul and elevates it to the next level of life."
"W-Wait...! So the Third Sorcery is the materialization of the soul!? But Servants are materialized souls too...!"

To recap, we have three things that are called higher dimensional, all of them transcend time, all of them are explicitly non-physical, and two of them are definitively not higher spatial dimensions nor are they a higher infinity, they can be interacted with on the same level as normal magicians and servants from Fate.

So why on earth would we fly in the face of everything we know about the franchise and use a single vague statement about a wall in the Moon Cell to highball the verse four levels of infinity it clearly doesn't actually have? BB's transcendence over the Moon Cell's worlds has nothing to do with her higher dimensional perspective. It's due to becoming the computer that controls the data.

Higher dimensions view lower dimensions as flat from their perspective
This is incorrect, only 2D can be viewed as flat since it has only 2 Dimensions (length and breadth with no height), and since we has 3D view 2D as flat it became a misconception to equate it to higher dimensions than 3D when viewing 3D. But when a 4D still views 3D, they will still see the height axis hence we cannot be flat to higher Dimensional beings.
In summary Higher dimensions only contain lower dimensions but they do not view anything 3D and above as flat.

So if the argument here about viewing someone as flat means higher D it means they are viewing 2D, and since the author mentioned that they are viewing 3D as flat, it calls into question the author's knowledge about higher dimensions, but since we understand the author's intent, we can hold it as true.

Now to speak on the dimensional stuff
Rani :: Had there been no limit on the time…or rather, had we not been able to conceive of a time limit, we might still be stuck at the second layer.
Rin :: The density of the space goes up with each layer. We’ve made sure in won’t get in the way of your activities…but it might be a little uncomfortable.
BB :: Logical break on sixth layer of impeding walls, “404 light years.”
BB :: So, please continue to entertain me with your futile struggle in this layer, sempai
In no way is them moving up higher spatial dimensions in this case, the term "the density of space increases" is probably used to refer to how harder it is to move up, The higher dimensions are not denser than lower dimensions, all they have is an extra axis. A 3D being will move in a 4D and above space just fine without any hindrance, as we cannot even perceive this extra axis to begin with.
The density of space refers to the concentration of matter and energy along that space and the relationship between the density of matter and energy remains the same regardless of dimensions.

And how exactly is layers relating the dimensions? like we have absolutely no context on how this layers work, we reject things like this, Fate should not be an exception.
In fact this so called called layers/dimensions were called wall, which supports them acting as a barrier,
This says "A giant wall now appears to stand before the devilish heroine BB-Chan"
And then she proceeded to say how it will be a struggle for her to break through this "barrier"
Aside from that we have no other relationship between how the layers of this barriers work, so why are we assuming there is qualitative difference between them by using a statement from another scene entirely.

Viewed from a higher dimension, even a three-dimensional object is the same as a flat scroll.
Like... If the three-dimensional world was mere writing in a book, and you jumped to escape from the book, right?
The past, present, and future of the "You" that was just in that book... You'll be able to look down upon all of it as mere records.
This would be a higher-dimensional perspective. Get it?
In cases like those, the entirety of time within that book would become interchangeable.
The statement which I have a great deal of problem with since the cast themselves are 3-D so BB is supposed to also view them as flat according to the quotes but somehow she does not view them as flat.

Not to mention that it was a simile with the use of "like" and "as"
think of it as a higher dimensional existence. From this higher dimension, the third dimension looks like a flat scroll.
It is like it, it is not exactly it. Used to refer to BB gaining the perspective of the mooncell that records all the things that has happened and all possibilities.
In fact we have something in the FAQ which says qualitative superiority is not always the case when viewing something as flat
However, lower-dimensional beings being stated to be "flat" in comparision to higher-dimensional aliens is not necessarily grounds for assuming the latter has infinitely more power (For reasons outlined in the answer above), and thus, such scenarios must also be analyzed case-by-case.
Lest I forget, they are going through this layers one by one, and getting stopped and it getting harder for them to advance, if they were 8D, they should not be stopped by things they view as flat to begin with. And since we know the cast are 3D, they are supposed to be flat in contrast to this space, so how they broke through the layers is another hole.
Let me go further and say if BB is truly 8D, then she should also view the timeline scroll as flat.

TDLR; There are so many contradictions to this proclaimed Higher dimensions, and so many things that are supposed to be true which is not. The context of the higher dimensions viewing 3D as flat is a different context from the entire 8D stuff

Last edited:
This is incorrect, only 2D can be viewed as flat since it has only 2 Dimensions (length and breadth with no height), and since we has 3D view 2D as flat it became a misconception to equate it to higher dimensions than 3D when viewing 3D. But when a 4D still views 3D, they will still see the height axis hence we cannot be flat to higher Dimensional beings.
In summary Higher dimensions only contain lower dimensions but they do not view anything 3D and above as flat.
That doesn't seem to be the point being made. As for the 2D thing. It isn't that we view 2D as flat. It literally is flat. So idk why you're bringing 2D here. The whole point is that the "flat" thing is just saying that Higher dimensions view lower dimensions akin to a flat scroll. To connect this to another work with a similar property, Shinza Bansho uses a R>F analogy in a similar manner saying that higher dimensions view lower ones as if they were a painting.

Much like Shinza, this is just an analogy to show the superiority that higher dimensional beings have.

Also, that entire bit about how higher dimensions only have a higher axis is kind of dumb considering we allow dimensions that aren't particularly math-based to qualify for tier 1 and higher iirc

That doesn't seem to be the point being made. As for the 2D thing. It isn't that we view 2D as flat. It literally is flat. So idk why you're bringing 2D here.
we view 2-D as flat cause 2-D is flat, that was the point of that statement, I really do not see any point in this post aside a needless nitpicking
The whole point is that the "flat" thing is just saying that Higher dimensions view lower dimensions akin to a flat scroll. To connect this to another work with a similar property, Shinza Bansho uses a R>F analogy in a similar manner saying that higher dimensions view lower ones as if they were a painting.

Much like Shinza, this is just an analogy to show the superiority that higher dimensional beings have.

Also, that entire bit about how higher dimensions only have a higher axis is kind of dumb considering we allow dimensions that aren't particularly math-based to qualify for tier 1 and higher iirc
And which part of my posts says there are no other form to qualify for higher dimensions? honestly your posts has no point here. This is a fate thread and the reasons for fate qualitative superiority is spatial dimensions i.e. extra axis between each higher dimensions, so I really do not understand what you are saying here.
If fate claims that their higher dimensions are based on spatial dimensionality and that higher dimensions view lower dimensions as flat, we should hold them to that standard, BB and the casts should not have trouble breaking through anything that is not *D if they view them as flat scrolls that is the point of my post. In that sense my posts is actually not dumb, you are the one that is out of line here.

Note~ this is a staff thread so that will be my last reply here unless I have something important to say

Last edited:
This is incorrect, only 2D can be viewed as flat since it has only 2 Dimensions (length and breadth with no height),
You're reading to deep into the comparison here. This a common and universal way to explain higher dimens perspectives in a way most people understand.

For Deagon's stuff I'll respond when I have more dedicated time.

Sorry for my interuption, but i'll update the current tally since this thread has taking a long time to be concluded (which i don't mind since this stuff need a long discussion, but some of us is tired with this thing taking too long lel)
  • Agree with the CRT: Deagonx, Firestorm
  • Disagree with the CRT: Paul, Crimson, Ultima, Qawsed, Glassman, Migue, Tmblrg
  • Neutral: DDM (@DarkDragonMedeus )

With that, we can take the CRT being rejected fully and grace has been started ever since Qawsed disagreed with the thread
And while content mod/CGM doesn't count on staff votes, i still count them so they're not forgotten

Then again, i don't mind (and mostly you guys too) to continuing since this stuff need a proper long discussion, with that i'm out

You're reading to deep into the comparison here. This a common and universal way to explain higher dimens perspectives in a way most people understand..
Agree, besides the fact that there are the visual examples showing how this perspective makes them see timelines as pages of a book and manipulate them as such.

However, if even more proof is needed to show this qualitative superiority then there is the example of Kiara from the Tsukihime world who is stated to be omnipotent in this dimension due to her higher dimensional senses:
For example, the sister who somehow got mixed up with the burial agency. She was demonized by Sabbat and became omnipotent in this dimension because of her higher dimensional senses. However, even she is still bound to matter. She is still bound to this universe.

If you ask her why, she will say.

"In the end, I ascended to the throne of the demon heaven to save sentient beings, but there I was just a fledgling speck of dust.

I have spent my whole life trying to gain insight, but what my eyes have seen is not only the truth of the world, but also a lesser version of myself.

It's as if I had to work hard to learn about my miserable self, and for what purpose?

That's why I'm staying here.

No matter how small the world may be, the me here is worth a little more than the me there."
This scan is also interesting because the character itself say how she is just a speck of dust in the higher dimension to which she ascended despite her omnipotence in the lower dimension.

Last edited:
To reiterate the purpose of this discussion, it is to sift through and formally establish what material meets the requirements of our Qualitative Superiority Standards. The thread as a whole is not a simple binary yes/no. It's an evaluation of the various scans and statements of which we're only on the second page. The final product of this evaluation is a cosmology page showing all the reasonings the staff can agree on.

I am starting to agree more with Qawsed and Ultima.
Can I ask what convinced you of the 8 dimensions being qualitatively superior spatial dimensions? I feel that the counter evidence proposed in the latter half of this comment is very important, as largely the premise through which Avalon and the Moon Cell are being ascribed several higher infinities is through the assumption that they are spatial and that the Rin scan speaks to how higher dimensions are treated as qualitatively superior.

Setting aside the fact that I think the evidence for such assumptions are insufficient, I think particularly the latter point is contradicted heavily by the many statements of souls and heroic spirits being higher dimensional and transcend time, and their concrete interactions within the verse that prove they are not a higher infinity.

With that in mind, it seems very clear to me that Rin's rant is not best interpreted as "higher dimensions are qualitatively superior" as BB's superiority over the timelines of the Moon Cell is by controlling the computer, not gaining an additional dimension (or several).

I think it'd be a real shame if we left a verse with 3 to 5 levels of higher infinity undeservedly. I'd be appreciative if you take the time to look over my linked comment, as IMO this is one of the more egregious instances of undeserved higher infinities.

Can I ask what convinced you of the 8 dimensions being qualitatively superior spatial dimensions? I feel that the counter evidence proposed in the latter half of this comment is very important, as largely the premise through which Avalon and the Moon Cell are being ascribed several higher infinities is through the assumption that they are spatial and that the Rin scan speaks to how higher dimensions are treated as qualitatively superior.

Setting aside the fact that I think the evidence for such assumptions are insufficient, I think particularly the latter point is contradicted heavily by the many statements of souls and heroic spirits being higher dimensional and transcend time, and their concrete interactions within the verse that prove they are not a higher infinity.

With that in mind, it seems very clear to me that Rin's rant is not best interpreted as "higher dimensions are qualitatively superior" as BB's superiority over the timelines of the Moon Cell is by controlling the computer, not gaining an additional dimension (or several).

I think it'd be a real shame if we left a verse with 3 to 5 levels of higher infinity undeservedly. I'd be appreciative if you take the time to look over my linked comment, as IMO this is one of the more egregious instances of undeserved higher infinities.
I feel as if others can explain better than I can, but I was asked offsite and I saw more elaborate explanations. But it sounds more like the "Lower Dimensional Universes" are perceived as digital data files stored on a computer. I try to avoid using examples that might be considered whataboutisms, but it's similar to how Bravely characters got Low 1-C via perceiving an entire 2-A sized multiverse as a saved data file stored on a game cartridge, and that multiple of those can be saved on a single cartridge and that the villain was gonna destroy the multiverse but "Overpowering the player, taking their 3DS system, and deleting the save file" before the party also joined in to save the player.

And based on some statements I heard from others, it's a similar concept taken steps further where each higher dimension perceives each lower dimension as a digital data file stored on an upper-dimensional computer. And that's where "Qualitively superior" arguments come into play.

But it sounds more like the "Lower Dimensional Universes" are perceived as digital data files stored on a computer.
Well, let me clarify. Within the Moon Cell that's not just perception, the timelines literally are data. However, this isn't something that applies to the universe outside the Moon Cell. The Moon Cell is a concurrent world simulator that has been recording the events of Earth since ancient times, and it can predict the future due to being an advanced supercomputer, and it's always calculating many different timelines. Fate/EXTRA and CCC take place in these digital timelines, but the worlds themselves aren't lower dimensional, they're just data and numbers stored in light.

The "Observed Universe" outside the Moon Cell isn't data on a computer and the Moon Cell doesn't have QS to it. The Moon Cell can influence the real world, but only to a limited degree. Read this scan:

In previous works the term Holy Grail referred to a wish granting machine that could grant any wish, but in EXTRA this term refers to the right to use Moon Cell. If you browse through the massive amount of records and simulated data that Moon Cell holds, you will certainly be able to find a version of Earth with the future that you desire. The you who has obtained the right to use Moon Cell need only say the following to Moon Cell: “Recreate my ideal future.”

Moon Cell will quickly set about to bring the state of Earth to match the shape of the future you desire. The Moon has all the necessary knowledge and physical means to change the world. For example, if you were to wish “Make all the girls on Earth my little sisters.” In about ten years or so societies on Earth would have changed to be so. Or alternatively, all of Earth would be managed and directed to work in order to make a device to allow one to experience that dream realistically. There’s nothing that the human race can’t realize as long as it’s within the scope of human imagination. No matter what kind of fantasy, no matter how unrealistic, there is a way to realize and experience it.]

The Moon Cell can influence the real world in a limited way, but it does not view the timeline of real Earth in the way it views the timeline of the digital worlds within it, because those worlds are just data, and the actual universe isn't, it doesn't follow the same physical laws. The impact the Moon Cell has on the real world is powerful, but clearly very limited.

but it's similar to how Bravely characters got Low 1-C via perceiving an entire 2-A sized multiverse as a saved data file stored on a game cartridge, and that multiple of those can be saved on a single cartridge and that the villain was gonna destroy the multiverse but "Overpowering the player, taking their 3DS system, and deleting the save file" before the party also joined in to save the player.
For the time being I am tabling the discussion on the nature of the Moon Cell's timelines (I don't think they should be treated as proper universes, as they are explicitly stated to be non-physical worlds made of data), but even if we grant BB qualitative superiority over them, it's important to recognize why that is the case. It isn't because she has a higher spatial dimension (she has no spatial dimensions at all, neither do the worlds of the Moon Cell), but because she became the Moon Cell and is thus literally controlling the computer simulating these timelines.

And based on some statements I heard from others, it's a similar concept taken steps further where each higher dimension perceives each lower dimension as a digital data file stored on an upper-dimensional computer. And that's where "Qualitively superior" arguments come into play.
Well, no two ways about it, this is just untrue. There's nothing indicating that in the verse at all. But if you look at the counter-evidence, souls are also explicitly said to be higher dimensional and transcend time, and are used in the Moon Cell and used in computers, but despite this, they aren't a higher infinity. Souls can be harvested for magic energy by normal 6-B servants. Souls are also explicitly not physical, so they do not have spatial dimensions. So it's clear that "higher dimensional" in the verse doesn't really mean higher spatiality, and they aren't higher infinities. The only reason BB has superiority over the Moon Cell is due to taking over the computer that runs it. There's no computer above her, or a ladder hierarchy of computers, each with a higher level of superiority. There's just one Moon Cell, made of 3-D photonic crystals and light information, with digital timelines modeled after observations made of Earth that BB controls due to taking over the computer.

There's also a guidebook statement about Avalon, in the Earth, having a noble phantasm that blocks communications up to the sixth dimension. It's just a single guidebook statement and other descriptions of the same Noble Phantasm don't mention a sixth dimension at all, but that single statement is used in conjunction with this digital timeline stuff to give Earth three levels of higher infinity, which is very strange to me given all of the information reported above and the fact that the evidence is so thin.

If you have any questions about anything I've said or want me to post the scans/statements that elaborate upon a certain concept, let me know. I'm more than happy to go over it.

I think it's quite telling that you have to repeatedly strawman my argument in order to forward your position.

I never denied jt being referred to as having a higher dimensional perspective. The interpretation of this phrase -- that it denotes an additional spatial dimension -- is supported by next to no evidence and contradicted by a large body of evidence. In addition to the fact that this higher dimensional perspective does not grant qualitative superiority and has no connection to the wall mentioned by BB.
That's not a strawman, you're asserting "its not higher d because BB has it because of being the Mooncell" but the reason the Mooncell has it is because it is also referred to as higher d. As noted as well, you just keep saying its supported by nothing and contradicted by everything and just asserting that, with nothing behind it
It's the opposite, you're attempting to reinforce your position by stating it as fact when it clearly isn't. There's insufficient evidence to suggest the wall statement refers to higher spatial dimensions. The Rin rant concretely cannot refer to higher spatial dimensions, and BB's superiority over the timelines is definitively not a result of higher spatial dimensionality.
Another thing where you read a response and just sorta go "no that can't be true there's so much evidence it isn't, and there's no evidence it is"
I've been polite to your viewpoint as a matter of courtesy, but since you have routinely refused to reciprocate that I see no point in it. The facts are very clear, there is no evidentiary basis for these levels of superiority. It's a house of cards based on extremely generous interpretations of one off statements and a willful blind eye towards all the reasons it can't work. It's just that simple, you aren't right here at all.
I can't reciprocate because you haven't ever given anything. You just keep asserting something is not true despite the text, and then going "well there's a bunch of evidence it isn't" and that's your entire point, there's nothing to be polite to

I think you're inverting the burden of proof here with regard to these eight dimensions.
No he's not really, he's saying there's proof that the dimensions count, thus its on you to prove that the proof is wrong and they don't count, not on everyone else to continue to try and make you see something you've very clearly refused to accept already.
We have two pieces of information. The first and simplest is the scan from BB where the wall guarding the Moon Cell Core is described as "cutting through eight dimensions." The second, and more complicated, is Rin's monologue. She is asked about the concept of the Observed Universe, and explains the difference between it and the Recorded Universe, how time passes linearly and irreversibly in the OU but in the RU, past present and future exist at the same time. This is referred to as a higher dimensional perspective. The ability to view time non-linearly, to flip back and forth.

She uses an analogy of a three-dimensional world as a book that you come outside of and then you can view past and present simultaneously, because the Moon Cell follows the laws of a Recorded Universe, it's a concurrent world simulator. This is crucial. Ask yourself why BB can view the past and present of the Moon Cell simultaneously. Is it because she is a four dimensional or eight dimensional being? No, it is because she became the computer that is processing the timelines of the moon cell as data.
You started out so strong, but then you instantly lost it. You keep trying to go "They describe it this way but only because that's how the Mooncell sees it", any amount of reading comprehension will allow you to realize that's concretely, not the case. Rin's monologue is not about how the Mooncell sees stuff, otherwise she wouldn't go "this is a higher dimensional perspective, and here's how that works", she'd just simply go "the Mooncell can see things this way because of muh data" like you're implying and that would be the entire monologue, as its written, its very clearly a general terms thing, reinforced by other showings of higher dimensional perspectives outside of the Mooncell. The whole seeing the world as a book and being able to see all of time as one and unimportant isn't a Mooncell thing, or a Universe of Records thing, its written as a higher dimensions thing, this explanation is then applied to the Universe of Records and to BB.

Also you've again resorted to "she's not higher d, she's just the Mooncell which sees things this way" but that argument is fundamentally flawed because the Mooncell is said to see things that way because its higher d as well
Rani :: …Indeed. We can conjecture that it is in order to prevent them from deviating from their function as observational mechanisms, but…In truth, it may have been to prevent cases like the present one from occurring. The Moon Cell is the eyes of god. The photon-based recording medium in the Core is a higher dimensional existence.
So in essence your argument is currently:

"BB isn't higher d, this monologue was just talking about how the Mooncell sees things" (wrong) and "BB just has that because she became the Mooncell, which sees things that way, so she's not higher d" (ignores the Mooncell being higher d in the first place to say BB isn't)

Of note, the Mooncell doesn't just have this view over its own timelines, as I've posted before in this thread, it has them over the world outside too, its higher dimensional view over reality isn't limited to stuff its simulated, with Rani noting that it already knows how mankind will end and thus if an AI was present it would simply erase the mankind as its destruction is already inevitable

The Moon Cell Core knows how the human race will end. But there is no valuation of any kind in that result. The Moon Cell has within it no basis to judge the options, how to create a better future — to judge between good and evil, you could say. This is the management of the Earth was left to humanity. Or, why a third party overlooked it and did not intervene. But, if an AI with a clear basis for judgment were inserted, the Moon Cell would select the best future according to a single intelligence. — which is to say, the erasure of mankind. If they are to be ultimately destroyed, it is because now they must be destroyed. I think that as a decision to prevent waste of resources, it is highly rational.
They then note that there's no ai installed to avoid what the mats have mentioned
The observer must not have a mind.
For the observer to have a mind would result in the meaning of things being decided by the observer.
Thus, it kept to maintaining its absolute objectivity as an eye, doing so while always dismantling the emerging semblances of sapience that it had incorporated to administrate its functions.

Thus, this computer has no conception of good and evil, no desire for the future, not even an outcome.
We see what this means in the case of Zelretch in interview statements as I've mentioned, its literally true, if someone with a higher dimensional perspective is to view things, as an observer it will make what it wants true, and erase the rest.

So the Mooncell, which is higher dimensional, has had to nerf itself in order to not simply erase the World because of observing it, showing its higher dimensional view extends over the outside too, meaning any possible argument of "the core isn't higher d it just views its own data" is incorrect

-----------------------------------------

So with regard to BB's statement about the wall that cuts through eight dimensions, what evidence do we have to connect it to Rin's monologue in the first place and assume that it's eight spatial dimensions?
The fact its in the same game one chapter apart????????
The fact that that's the explanation for dimensions in the verse?????
There's grasping at straws, and then there's whatever you're doing here by trying to imply Rin's explanation about dimensions doesn't apply to dimensions as mentioned in the verse, especially in the same game, and instead it means layers or whatever, from a different game, which don't exist in this one
What reason do we have to take Rin's metaphor for viewing time differently literally in terms of spatiality anyways? The only concept of a "higher dimension" we've been given is the concept of a recorded universe where time exists simultaneously.
This is incorrect as I've addressed above, she's giving the explanation for a higher dimension and then applying it to the Universe of Record, furthermore, the reason we have to take it literally is the other showings like Zelretch, Zepia's script statement, the Mooncell core clearly viewing our world like that as well, with all of time at once and inconsequential, fun fact by the way, that's why its able to summon heroes from any point in time like the Throne can, because its already recorded all of the past and future, and as Rani said, already knows how mankind will end, etc
This isn't what grants BB control over these timelines, it is her control over the computer that allows her to influence the Moon Cell.
Its her control over the computer (her) that allows her to influence the Moon Cell (her) in order to affect stuff in the outside because she (the explicitly higher dimensional Mooncell) has already seen the future of the outside world, so as a highly logical AI she'd take steps to just get rid of it early, and that's why Rani is worried? Interesting, sounds to me like its in fact, her being higher d and viewing time as one that allows such things
Her perception is a different matter. There's no evidence that this is something that can be stacked multiple times, and there is no evidence of such a hierarchy in the verse (there aren't 5D, 6D, 7D beings in a hierarchy, it's just a random jump to eight dimensions based on this single statement).
?????????

"Okay guys here is how dimensions work in this work, and here's a number for the amount of dimensions present here"

"Okay now repeat the explanation four more times or it doesn't count, merely counts one single time and that's it"

This is your argument dumbed down. You're of course going to say this is a strawman but I hope you can actually see how dumb that is
Despite the lack of sufficient evidence described above (I mean really, we're granting several higher infinities based on an extremely specious set of information), there actually is strong evidence against them being spatial. The first and most obvious which is the nature of the Moon Cell: It isn't physical, which means it isn't spatial.

There is a wealth of information both in the game and in the various guidebooks that the Moon Cell cannot be accessed physically, there aren't any spatial dimensions in these worlds, they are directly stated to be made of numbers and photons.
Addressed with the multiple comments about spiritrons, and how the worlds are equal to if not more real than the outside world, and how the Mooncell can affect the outside equally as well, so moving on
As you can see, we actually can quite easily prove that the dimensions of the Moon Cell aren't geometric. Everything that occurs within Extra and CCC is data stored in photonic crystals. These crystals aren't 8-D, they can be found and mined on Earth. Rin's talk of a three-dimensional book is given in a metaphor used to explain a perspective that sees time simultaneously, not a higher spatial dimension, not a higher infinity.
Incorrect these crystals can not be found and mined on Earth, that's why nothing on Earth has ever come close to the Mooncell, the Mooncell is made of ultra high purity photonic crystal which predates the Earth as a whole (Mooncell was built before Earth existed), the likes of which can not be reproduced by man. Rin's explanation has been talked about to death, its very clear with its wording, and you're sticking to the "but its just light I swear" thing again, which has been addressed, so moving on
This can be proven further with other instances in the verse where "higher dimensional" is used in a way that explicit refers to neither higher spatiality nor higher infinites. For instance, the Soul, a non-physical thing from a higher dimension:

Souls, as well as Heroic Spirits, are explicitly stated to be higher dimensional, non-physical, and are said to transcend time. Using this same logic, we would be forced to conclude that human souls are a higher infinity to the entire physical world, and that so are Heroic Spirits. Problem is, we literally know this isn't the case.
I see you've used this translation again
A soul resides in all life forms that are intelligent. It is spiritual life that is not part of any physical phenomenon.
Which was already said to be wrong, its simply saying that the soul is the spiritual life not the physical body

"知性持つ生命ひとつひとつに宿る、肉体的ではなく精神的な命。" Translating to something more along the lines of
Residing within every living being with intelligence, is a life that is not physical, but spiritual
Which is a very different statement, this one simply saying that the soul is the spiritual life as opposed to the physical body of a person, and then the mind is the mental life, as mentioned in CCC and Extella, there is a physical life and consciousness (the body) a spiritual life and consciousness (the soul) and the mental (the mind), with the soul containing the mind and blah blah blah. Its not that the soul is something which can never affect anything physical or whatever like you're trying to imply.

Moving on from the tl thing though
Souls in particular, there are spells through which souls can be captured, destroyed, forcefully separated from one's body, materialized, used in computers, quantified as data, created, et cetera.

Heroic Spirits literally exist in a realm that views the timeline of Earth in the same manner as the Moon Cell is able to see the timelines that it calculates. They explicitly are said to transcend time and to be a spiritual phenomenon of a higher order, but we know definitively that the world they are in isn't higher spatial, it's also just information, and it isn't a higher infinity.
Literally nothing said here is true. Your argument is "souls can't be higher infinities because there exists specialized methods to interact with them" which isn't a defeater to higher d stuff at all, this is a complete non argument and an argument from incredulity to go "See, how could someone possibly interact with this if this was true, it must be false."

Beyond that, as you've posted stuff about Heaven's Feel, I'm sure you know a few of the other lines about it, such as it being called an invincible command structure in our world because of being a, as Zouken put it, existence of a higher order. You also should know that within our world, a soul that's actually made manifest by the third sorcery and given form through that has infinite power, explicitly.

That's unimportant though I suppose, simply having infinite power and being invincible in our world as an existence of higher order doesn't mean anything of course. Moving on back to your argument about people quantifying or creating them. No, people are not able to create actual souls, the closest are the artifical souls given to Hommunculi using pseudo spiritrons but those only exist to give them magic circuits, as for quantifying it, that is arguably sorta the case in Extra sure, the best minds in existence over thousands of years have managed to find out where the soul is, and project it into the Mooncell, however you've missed that Roa being able to quantify his own soul was such an absurd feat that immortals on the scale of thousands of years consider it absurd. Its not a feat that's casual at all, or normal, to be able to even slightly quantify the soul is something which the entire world seeks, its the jurisdiction of True Magic, you're acting like everyone can do it but that's not the case.

People destroying them with very special things that are noted to be special when used is also like, okay??? Like okay sure, I can believe that the Seventh Holy Scripture, an item specifically made to affect souls, can affect them, that doesn't suddenly mean everything else said about them is incorrect.

You also say that Heroic Spirits aren't higher d because they're just able to view the timeline of Earth the way the Mooncell views timelines it calculates (isn't true btw as said above the Mooncell views the outside like that too), and that it isn't spatial its just info. But this is wrong, you see we almost never actually see Heroic Spirits in action, as the mat you posted said, they simply can not be summoned, this includes by True Magicians, they are too powerful to be called on and controlled by anyone in our world. However note I say almost never, because this addresses your argument of "its just info, its fake", you see, Heroic Spirit Jeanne who is in the Throne of Heroes eventually makes her way to the reverse side of the World, summoning herself there

To recap, we have three things that are called higher dimensional, all of them transcend time, all of them are explicitly non-physical, and two of them are definitively not higher spatial dimensions nor are they a higher infinity, they can be interacted with on the same level as normal magicians and servants from Fate.
No we don't have that at all kek. You've just sorta determined they aren't higher spatial dimensions or infinities, by going "well some people can interact with some of it therefore fake" and neglecting all context possible. Hell, the argument that they can be interacted with on the same level as normal magicians and servants is explicitly super false with them noting that humans can only even possibly summon servants, and even then they need something on the level of power as the Grail's hax to do so
The ones summoned by humans are Servants. However, Heroic Spirits cannot be controlled by humans, and to summon them, the Holy Grail or something with power of that sort must be used.
The Servant system of Fuyuki summons Heroic Spirits with the power of the Greater Grail. Heroic Spirits summoned as Servants are like "emanations", copies created using the information of the main body of the Heroic Servant.
Summoning only weak emanations, with other stuff noting even Magicians can't control heroic spirits
So why on earth would we fly in the face of everything we know about the franchise and use a single vague statement about a wall in the Moon Cell to highball the verse four levels of infinity it clearly doesn't actually have? BB's transcendence over the Moon Cell's worlds has nothing to do with her higher dimensional perspective. It's due to becoming the computer that controls the data.
We aren't, that's the issue, the glaring issue you're simply powering over to assert your idea that everything else is fake therefore BB's stuff is too. And repeating the same addressed arguments about "its not being higher d its just the computer ignore everything else"
To reiterate the purpose of this discussion, it is to sift through and formally establish what material meets the requirements of our Qualitative Superiority Standards. The thread as a whole is not a simple binary yes/no. It's an evaluation of the various scans and statements of which we're only on the second page. The final product of this evaluation is a cosmology page showing all the reasonings the staff can agree on.
There's no way a cosmology page will be made off of what's here, there's so much more that would have to be explained its absurd. I've been working on one that's currently 17 pages long in google docs, which should be telling of how much stuff there is to explain beyond just "do we think dimensions count? do we think there's infinite universes?"

I've addressed all of these points already so I won't address it further, but I do have to say, going from saying on discord "If it seems reasonable then staff should agree, no one has to try and convince me" to ignoring people explaining things on discord to you because they can't be on the thread as bluenames, thread banning Regidan twice after he was given permission to argue as one of the few knowledgeable members, and constantly quoting every staff who disagrees and going "pls read my comment everything is wrong guys", and then attempting to keep the thread going because you in specific are unconvinced as to the evidence, is a bad look

but the reason the Mooncell has it is because it is also referred to as higher d
No, it isn't. The "higher dimensional perspective" is a description of the Moon Cell's ability to view time simultaneously, as a recorded universe, but BB's control over the worlds of the Moon Cell has nothing to do with that. You don't need to have an additional dimension in order to view past and present simultaneously if "past and present" are numbers stored in a computer you control. We also know, definitively, that the "higher dimensional perspective" has nothing to do with spatiality, as this world is strictly non-physical.

Neither aspect has anything to do with geometric dimensions, nor being a higher infinity above a 3-D universe. That claim has been directly disproven.

Of note, the Mooncell doesn't just have this view over its own timelines, as I've posted before in this thread, it has them over the world outside too
This is inaccurate. The Moon Cell cannot view past and present of the Observed Universe simultaneously, not really. It has records of the past and can accurately predict the future, so in practice it can, but that isn't due to it having a "higher dimensional perspective" over the Observed Universe. Rin's entire explanation is to delineate the OU and the RU of the Moon Cell, which follow different physical laws. The Moon Cell cannot violate that, and it's influence over the real universe is quite limited as shown with the explanation of the Holy Grail wish. It could take up to 10 years for the Moon Cell to change society in a way that grants your wish, or to influence humanity in such a way that they could create a virtual experience for it. This directly disproves such a claim.

Incorrect these crystals can not be found and mined on Earth, that's why nothing on Earth has ever come close to the Mooncell, the Mooncell is made of ultra high purity photonic crystal which predates the Earth as a whole (Mooncell was built before Earth existed), the likes of which can not be reproduced by man.
You're mistaken, or perhaps you're just misunderstanding my point. The photonic crystal in the Moon Cell can't be reproduced by man because it is absolutely massive, but the basic material of photonic crystals can be found on earth. My point was that the photonic crystals that constitute the Moon Cell are not 4-D or 8-D objects, they are normal crystals used in the vein of fiber optic cables, storing light as information.

Literally nothing said here is true. Your argument is "souls can't be higher infinities because there exists specialized methods to interact with them" which isn't a defeater to higher d stuff at all, this is a complete non argument and an argument from incredulity to go "See, how could someone possibly interact with this if this was true, it must be false."
This appears to be another case of misunderstanding my point.

We know souls are not higher infinities not because of other people's abilities to interact with them, rather, the concrete level of power that souls have in the verse. One of the early events in Unlimited Blade Works is Rin discovered the magic circles Shinji and his servant placed to harvest the souls of the students in the high school for magic energy. These servants are tiered around 6-B.

If what you claim about "higher dimensions" is true, each individual human soul can be said to have a higher infinity over a 3-D universe, rendering them 3-A at the absolute lowest. This is directly disproven by the fact that 6-B servants often harvest hundreds of souls at once. By the fact that souls can be captured and imprisoned by beings far far weaker than that. There is nothing in the entire franchise to suggest souls wield such incredible power. Everything we know about them proves the exact opposite of that. So by what measure are they "higher dimensional?" They certainly don't have an additional spatial dimension, they lack any spatial dimensions.

Oh right, they're a spiritual phenomenon that is independent of the time axis. This is one of two, possibly three instances in the verse where "higher dimensional" can be concrete disproven to refer to spatiality nor a higher infinity.

You also say that Heroic Spirits aren't higher d because they're just able to view the timeline of Earth the way the Mooncell views timelines it calculates (isn't true btw as said above the Mooncell views the outside like that too), and that it isn't spatial its just info. But this is wrong, you see we almost never actually see Heroic Spirits in action, as the mat you posted said, they simply can not be summoned, this includes by True Magicians, they are too powerful to be called on and controlled by anyone in our world.
No, that's not my argument. I'm not denying that they are higher dimensional, I am contesting your interpretation of what that means. Namely that it refers to an additional geometric dimension and that it confers a higher infinity. In the case of souls, I have proven this to be false. For heroic spirits likewise, this can also be proven false. Heroic spirits and the Throne do not have spatial dimensions, they are a spiritual existence independent of the axis of time, so we know definitively that this is not referring to geometric dimensions. Moreover, we know that they are not a higher infinity either. Even though they are much more powerful than their servant versions and earth magicians, their level of power is simply not that high.

No we don't have that at all kek. You've just sorta determined they aren't higher spatial dimensions or infinities, by going "well some people can interact with some of it therefore fake" and neglecting all context possible.
No, that's not the case. They aren't higher spatial dimensions because they are explicitly described as non-physical entities in over a dozen instances, so imposing a physical concept like spatiality on them for the sake of justifying these higher infinities would be directly contrary to what is established in the verse. I have proven they are not higher infinities due to the level of power they display in the verse, particularly for souls.

So if our basis for these 5 higher infinities for the Moon Cell is this claim of "how higher dimensions are treated in the verse" we can reliably dismiss it, given that it's a single possible interpretation of Rin's words applied spatially to several explicitly non-spatial/non-physical entities, which is illogical, and that the notion of them being a higher infinity is concretely disproven by their appearances in the franchise. In the case of BB, it is clear that her power comes from controlling the Moon Cell, not higher spatiality.

And repeating the same addressed arguments about "its not being higher d its just the computer ignore everything else"
Yeah, that's a completely inaccurate way of describing my argument. I think it's more the reverse, in order to think of BB as having higher spatial dimensions, you have to ignore pretty much all of the information we are given about the Moon Cell.

@Paul_Frank

Can you give us a brief breakdown of what levels of the MoonCell you propose are Qualitatively Superior to the Last?

Taking the simulated school/etc is the 3-D realm, do we have named progressive larger realms that qualify for 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 QS Dimensions, respectively?

IE:
  1. Realm A = 3-D
  2. Realm B = 4-D because X characteristics to Realm A
  3. Realm C = 5-D because Y characteristics to Realm B
  4. etc.

Last edited:
Why are we still arguing over this when it's clear neither side will budge, and one of said sides has way more support than the other one?
There's more discussion to be had, and in the case that it's rejected, nothing changes, so there's no reason not to continue as long as people are interested in continuing to discuss it.

You have been arguing over this for nearly 2 pages, what more do you have to say at this point which will sway people to your side?
The whole topic has been argued over for eons even before this thread, so I somehow really doubt that at this point there's something new to add

Okay. Like I said, anyone not interested in continuing to discuss it is welcome to not do so. It's not like anything happens if we keep talking about it and the revision stays rejected.

The Nasuverse is a very large and complex verse. 2 Post Pages of discussion is not that much. Even Paul said that he apparently has 17 pages of information. I've seen a Tier 1 Kirby thread go on for 11 pages.

The number of pages isn’t important. If most of this stuff has been discussed, and we have enough disagreements, should it not be closed?
Again, The thread as a whole is not a simple binary yes/no. It's an evaluation of the various scans and statements. We are sifting through and formally establishing what material meets the requirements of our Qualitative Superiority Standards.

The MoonCell has 4-D QS in location A because of B. The MoonCell has 5-D QS in location D because of D. Etc.

The Nasuverse is a very large and complex verse. 2 Post Pages of discussion is not that much. Even Paul said that he apparently has 17 pages of information. I've seen a Tier 1 Kirby thread go on for 11 pages.
Just because Kirby fans do not know how to be concise doesn't mean we need to be too, not to mention that this entire thread is going over stuff already discussed in other threads.
As noted near the start this thread likely shouldn't have been allowed to begin with due to Discussion Rules

Just because Kirby fans do not know how to be concise doesn't mean we need to be too, not to mention that this entire thread is going over stuff already discussed in other threads.
As noted near the start this thread likely shouldn't have been allowed to begin with due to Discussion Rules
I informed the other staff upon their invitation that their purpose of coming was to validate and formalize current ratings and reasonings. The discussion rule doesn't ban discussion. It was made to prevent copy and paste/low-effort threads. Having an honest discussion and cross-examining the current reasonings is allowed. According to the OP, other staff saw his thread as not copy and paste/low-effort.

Honestly, instead of arguing in circles, we should probably invite staff who haven't commented here yet. Particularly more of our tiering system experts. I know I mentioned Executor N0 and DontTalkDT is also knowledgeable.

Honestly, instead of arguing in circles, we should probably invite staff who haven't commented here yet. Particularly more of our tiering system experts. I know I mentioned Executor N0 and DontTalkDT is also knowledgeable.
If I may comment here, I don't even think it's just a tiering system thing, this is relevant to the in-verse mechanics of Nasuverse, so wouldn't it be appropriate to also let more knowledgeable members of Nasuverse's scaling contribute as well?

They've been invited to the thread but I believe they have been busy or perhaps not interested. @Executor_N0 @DontTalkDT

When I messaged DT privately about it he had this to say:

Well, I think it's not literally higher-dimensional. However, her perspective on the timelines in the Moon Cell at least seems to be R>F-like. Given, from the text I don't strictly get whether she just has such perception or if she also has the absolute power over the timeline to match. If she can freely rewrite the timelines due to being the computer they are stored in, I would have no problem with R>F transcendence over them (although I'm not sure if that would have meaning for the rest of the verse, giving the "digital" nature).

When it comes to the 8 dimensions thing it should be confirmed whether they are large, I suppose. I think it's likely better like that, than to take the former explanation regarding perspective to mean that all dimensions are generally qualitatively superior.

If I may comment here, I don't even think it's just a tiering system thing, this is relevant to the in-verse mechanics of Nasuverse, so wouldn't it be appropriate to also let more knowledgeable members of Nasuverse's scaling contribute as well?
We sometimes do staff discussions for specific verses when deemed appropriate, and given how incredibly dense this thread has become even with strictly limited participation, I think its clear that allowing it to be a free for all would be very very ill advised. Having 6 people saying the same thing isn't better than having 1 person say it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back