• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Servant Scaling (Moon Cell) - Downgrade Proposal 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxLevel_King

He/Him
Proposal: Many of the Servants on this wiki should have the Low 1-C Tier either removed or prefaced with "Only in the Moon Cell" as the scaling for Low 1-C only comes from feats accomplished in the Moon Cell and not anywhere else.

Argument for Low 1-C Tier: "Servants are nerfed by their Servant containers. Not only are Servants weakened compared to their living selves and the Heroic Spirit dwelling in the Root of Akasha, Gaia has counter-measures in place to prevent the World from being destroyed. In the Extraverse (Moon Cell), the Mythological Mystic Code Servants (Nero, Tamamo, Nameless, Gilgamesh) had their true power awakened and had a chance of winning against BB, a Low 1-C being who scales to the Moon Cell. Therefore, Regular Servants scale to their Moon Cell counterparts."

My Counter-Argument:
1. Not all Servants are nerfed by their Servant containers. Among the ones that are nerfed, they're not necessarily vastly weaker compared to when they were alive.

2. While Gaia does have counter-measures in place, it can't forcibly weaken Servants (Alaya) that it doesn't have a connection with. If a Servant possessed a Noble Phantasm capable of destroying the World, Gaia couldn't weaken that Noble Phantasm.

3. Da Vinci stated during the Shinjuku Pseudo-Singularity that there isn't a single Servant with a Noble Phantasm capable of destroying the Planet. She had already seen Gilgamesh's EA in use, which is an Anti-World Noble Phantasm.

4. There are no Servants that possess an "Anti-Planet" Noble Phantasm. There are Servants such as Gilgamesh that possess an Anti-World Noble Phantasm, but they can't actually destroy the World. Anti-World refers to the texture of reality that humans live on, not the Planet. Furthermore, the "Anti-" part doesn't necessarily mean capable of destroying, but simply effective against.

5. The rest of the Moon Cell Servants scale to the Mythological Mystic Code Servants who scale to BB. However, it was stated that even with the Mythological Mystic Code equipped, the Servants wearing them only had a 0.99% chance of winning against BB. Furthermore, regular Moon Cell Servants aren't comparable in power to Mythological Mystic Code Servants.

6. The Mythological Mystic Code doesn't awaken Servants to the power they had in life, it awakens them to the power of their Origin Concept, which is vastly superior to their living self.

7. Amaterasu was stated to be the strongest being in Extra (stronger than BB and Kiara) and her power level is equivalent to that of the Sun, as she literally is the Sun. Unlike the Divine Spirits of the Earth, she was stated to be of the Universe. A 4-C being was stated to be stronger than everyone in the Moon Cell.

8. Due to being inside a simulation of reality, Servants can exploit loopholes and bugs to do things that they aren't capable of in reality (outside of the Moon Cell).

9. The Moon Cell itself, ie the physical supercomputer on the moon isn't Low 1-C. What is Low 1-C are the simulated realities inside of the Moon Cell. The Authority that the Moon Cell has over it's simulated realities doesn't extend to outside of itself.

10. None of the Moon Cell Servants have feats remotely comparable to Low 1-C outside of the Moon Cell.

11. The highest calced feat for the Nasuverse is only 5-B (Arcueid Moon Drop).

12. Karna, one of the strongest Servants throughout the entire series, possess a Noble Phantasm that is only Anti-Country.

13. BB only has Low 1-C hax, she doesn't have Low 1-C durability.

Scans/Sources/Links:
Source: https://typemoon.fandom.com/wiki/Servant?so=search#Strength

Container Parameters - Unmodified by the strengths and weaknesses of specific Heroic Spirits, the containers of the seven standard Servant classes of the Fuyuki Grail War possess known base parameters.[146] The parameters of the containers has not been shown to affect summoned Servants, allowing for parameters higher and lower than those of the containers. If the hero should be utterly weak to the point of defenselessness like Stheno and Euryale, it is possible for the containers to increase their strength far beyond their regular selves.

Source: https://typemoon.fandom.com/wiki/Counter_Force?so=search

Although Gaia and Alaya are intangible forces of will, each does enlist physical agents to deal with events too threatening to address with indirect intervention. The agents of Gaia consist of the Elementals such as: Lugh Beowulf, Fairies, True Ancestors, some Phantasmal Species, and some Divine Spirits. The agents of Alaya are Heroic Spirits[5] and the Counter Guardians, human spirits who pledge their eternal service to Alaya in return for power during their lifetime.

Source:

2:45:01

Source:

2:45:07

Source: https://typemoon.fandom.com/wiki/Texture?so=search

The Textures are layers of reality which wrap around the planet's surface, including the 'present world' bound by the laws of physics in which humans currently live and the Reverse Side of the World beneath it.[1][3][2]

Source: https://typemoon.fandom.com/wiki/Gi...so=search#Mythological_Mystic_Code_of_Genesis

With this power alone, the student council estimated that Gilgamesh and Hakuno would have a 0.9999% chance of victory against BB.

Source: https://typemoon.fandom.com/wiki/Gi...so=search#Mythological_Mystic_Code_of_Genesis

To summarize, it is the power of the Origin that began the human genome. It is something all human beings hold within them. By entering Gilgamesh's virtual mind/body to access the Heroic Spirit core directly, Hakuno was able to reach the heroic spirit's root that the Moon Cell had sealed away, and release the Mythological Mystic Code. This is an origin that even the person themselves, in this case, Gilgamesh, can never know. The farthest point that became the cause of the birth of the entity known as Gilgamesh. In other words, zero.[15]

By removing the limiter placed on him, Gilgamesh would be able to acquire the same level of "fundamental truth" as BB due to now being able to raise his spiritual rank according to his will.

Source: https://typemoon.fandom.com/wiki/Amaterasu?so=search

In Fate/EXTRA and CCC, Arcueid Brunestud (Berserker) with her sanity restored is stated to be about the only one who is capable of bringing Golden White Face down to a level where "it’s possible to defeat her no matter how slim the possibility", thanks to being able to reduce the power of her opponents to a sixth of their usual. This confirms that Amaterasu's power reigns supreme, and that not even Buddha, Kiara Sessyoin, BB or Hakuno's Servants (Nero Claudius, No Name, Tamamo-no-Mae or Gilgamesh depending on the player's preferences) empowered by the Mythological Mystic Code would be able to face her.[7][9]

She appears as a large, nine-tailed being similar to Tamamo, but those entering the mausoleum while not in a dream would only see a huge sun.[3][4]

. . .

This is only natural, as the foundation of her being comes from an offering to the sun. Thus, the scale of her existence is equivalent to it.

. . .

Most god's Divinity comes from Earth, but the Sun belongs to the universe. In terms of raw force, Tamamo-no-Mae states that She could be on par with Velber.[12]

Source: https://typemoon.fandom.com/wiki/Moon_Cell?so=search

The Serial Phantasm, abbreviated SE.RA.PH, also known as The Photonic Abyss and Angelica Cage, is an artificial environment within the Moon Cell located inside of a spiritual computer system called Automaton (オートマトン?). The system is similar to Akasha in the terms of holding the "stores and archives" of all human history.

Source: https://typemoon.fandom.com/wiki/Moon_Cell?so=search

The Moon Cell (ムーンセル, Mūn Seru?), also called the Holy Grail, Eye of God, and Divine Automatic Recording Device, is a massive collection of photonic crystals within the Moon that comprises a giant supercomputer of sorts. It acts as the main setting of Fate/EX.

The core of the Moon Cell is a much larger photonic crystal, about 3000 kilometers in length and using light as its storage medium, as well as all of its high-level data control systems to transmit data and system commands.

It has recorded everything that has happened on the planet since its formation, and it keeps the records much like Swirl of the Root.

. . .

It scans the entire Earth about once per nanosecond and compiles the results of its scan in its database. It is a pseudo-intelligent being that has the supreme ability to affect the outside world with its internal calculations. As an eye that observes the Earth, it acts as a database of human history that faithfully simulates all life on Earth and is capable of providing a definite prediction of the future. It is a processor with a massive memory that has recorded the habits, history, ideas, and even the souls of humanity.

Source: (Gilgamesh - EA)

Source: (Saber - Excalibur)

Source: https://typemoon.fandom.com/wiki/Karna#Abilities

As a Lancer, he boasts the power level of "Special" A rank,[59] and he contends for the highest place among all Servants.[3] Karna is one of the seven Top Servants summoned by the Moon Cell, and Hakuno Kishinami regards him as a strong hero even among those standards.[33][60] In fact, Karna is a high-class Heroic Spirit said to be on par with Gilgamesh,[59][61][62] and Romani Archaman states that the readings of his Saint Graph are off the charts.[3

Source: https://typemoon.fandom.com/wiki/Brahmastra_Kundala

Type:​

Anti-Country

It is a projectile that is granted his fiery attribute, Mana Burst (Flame), which from one blow is likened to a nuclear weapon.

N/A (There are no scans that state/imply that BB has Low 1-C Durability as far as I'm aware)

Note: In regards to #9, the Moon Cell having "the supreme ability to affect the outside world with its internal calculations" isn't implying that the Authority it possesses over it's simulated realities extends to the outside world. Its referring to the records of history it keeps as well as it's predictive ability.

The only difference between this thread and the previous one is that I have scans for (almost) everything.

another chaotic thread following
stephen-colbert-popcorn.gif

sigh "There's no noble phantasm that can destroy the world!"

Enuma Elish has a direct statement of just that in Fate/strange fake.

Also, IN THAT VERY SAME SINGULARITY Moriarty's NP got a statement that it could destroy the damn planet.

Aka, Da Vinci is NOT a valid source here and that statement has actually tarnished her being a good source.

I am not a Fate/extra guy and don't care about the rest anyway.

At this point, I'm surprised there isn't some sort of topic ban on downgrading Tier 1 stuff for this verse.

I should also add, are the official English translations for S1 trustworthy? I know S3 has some mistranslations that make using it not very good

Not only did Paul_Frank already respond to everything here in the previous thread, but Crimson closed it as this thread brings nothing new and only old debunked stuff.
Paul:
Crimson:

This should be closed.
I'm at least letting him argue his point, cus I feel bad just shutting down shit like that, but given a lot of people already pretty heavily disagree with this (including me) I'm not gonna let this go for a bunch of pages or last a long ass time.

My response to @Paul_Frank

1. The scan I provided states that in the case of Servants like Stheno and Euryale, their Servant container strengthens them. They are a unique case, but the point of that scan was to prove that servant containers can indeed make some Servants stronger. Working off of that knowledge, Servants with greater Mystery (older) are the ones who usually get nerfed. More recent historical Servants (such as Jeanne D'Arc) usually get empowered by their Servant container. I bring this up because Jeanne D'Arc is considered a Top Servant in Extra, is stronger than she was in life, and her regular counterpart (outside of the Moon Cell) doesn't have any feats remotely comparable to Low 1-C.

2. Servants usually need a Master in order to be anchored to reality, but aside from that, there are no cases of Gaia directly weakening a Servant (that I can think of).

3. Moriarty was going to destroy the planet by aiming a meteor directly towards the Earth's core with a Noble Phantasm that has the ability of guaranteeing a hit. This isn't a case of a Noble Phantasm's raw destructive power and it doesn't contradict Da Vinci's statement.

4. I concede on the "no Servants possess an Anti-Planet NP". Angra Mainyu/CCC clearly does. However, that seems to be a unique case. As for everything else I've said, you claimed it was incorrect but haven't proven as such.

5. You're ignoring the fact that there were other factors at play that led to BB and Kiara's defeat.

6. Read the scan

7. No context in the Nasuverse points to the Sun being unique, that is merely an assumption. We know that Planets have a will and that Earth in particular consists of textures, but we don't know that of the Sun. To claim that the Sun isn't a normal Sun when that hasn't been stated or implied anywhere is headcanon.

8. If you find this point to be irrelevant, feel free to ignore it.

9. The inside of the Moon Cell is literally a simulated reality full of AI and NPC's. Nothing proves that the supercomputer itself is Low 1-C.

10. No, they don't. Feel free to tell me what those feats are.

11. The point is that for how powerful Servants are supposed to be according to this wiki, they should have a plethora of feats and calcs above merely 5-B. Yet most calcs listed on here aren't even Tier 5.

12. The point is that Karna can wipe out most Servants with a NP that at best has country-level AP and at worst scales to a nuke.

13. I'm willing to concede on this point as I wasn't too sure about it. However, it doesn't change my main argument that most Servants shouldn't scale to Low 1-C and the ones that do should be prefaced with "Only in the Moon Cell" as they haven't proven to have Low 1-C capabilities outside of the Moon Cell.

My counter-points aside, everything stated in my original thread is now backed up by scans, etc.

Yeah no even Kiara using Earth as a ***** wielded 5-A, you're just reaching at this point m8.
I didn't state that the calcs prove that Fate caps at 5-B. My point was that for a verse as powerful as it's claimed to be, there should be many calcs above 5-B to support that. But there aren't.

Automatic L just because of the feat.

There's a lot of depraved shit that I've heard about but pulling a Kim Kardashian with a earth I'd something else.
That's literally her Noble Phantasm LOL, that's the feat she had before the upgrades to 4B, Low 2C, 2A and eventually 1C came in.

That's literally her Noble Phantasm LOL, that's the feat she had before the upgrades to 4B, Low 2C, 2A and eventually 1C came in.
I know-

I've played the horror that are the vile, stinky hunk of shit Fate games that were released on the PSP lol. Clunky ass combat system.

Yes. It's literally her Noble Phantasm. Of course, I ain't allowed to show it here but google "Fate/Extra: CCC - Heaven's Hole Noble Phantasm", and be prepared to face your horrors. DEADASS.
I've seen enough vita carris. I probably wouldn't want to see this one.

Obviously there are some pretty impressive feats in Fate far above 5-B, but it would be more consistent with Servants scaling to Low 1-C in particular if there were multiple calcs above 5-B (not literally Low 1-C itself though).

Keep in mind, this isn't the main point. It's more of a supporting afterthought.

You realize not all servants scale to the Tier 1 stuff. In fact most scale to 6-C, not even the 5-B. The ones who scale to Tier 1 are the Grand Servants and the ones with the super powerful NPs that have feats of Tier 1 stuff. Things like Vasavi Shakti being able to incinerate the gods or even beat Velber in one scenario.
I didn't state that the calcs prove that Fate caps at 5-B. My point was that for a verse as powerful as it's claimed to be, there should be many calcs above 5-B to support that. But there aren't.
Tier 1 doesn't have or require calculations. It is higher dimensional stuff.

You realize not all servants scale to the Tier 1 stuff. In fact most scale to 6-C, not even the 5-B. The ones who scale to Tier 1 are the Grand Servants and the ones with the super powerful NPs that have feats of Tier 1 stuff. Things like Vasavi Shakti being able to incinerate the gods or even beat Velber in one scenario.

Tier 1 doesn't have or require calculations. It is higher dimensional stuff.
I'm not referring to Tier 1 in particular. But even more Tier 5, Tier 4, and even Tier 3 feats/calcs would be more consistent with that idea.

I know that not all Servants are listed at Low 1-C. However, some Servants (like Jeanne D'Arc for example) are, when they either have no supporting feats or don't scale outside of the Moon Cell.

My response to @Paul_Frank

1. The scan I provided states that in the case of Servants like Stheno and Euryale, their Servant container strengthens them. They are a unique case, but the point of that scan was to prove that servant containers can indeed make some Servants stronger. Working off of that knowledge, Servants with greater Mystery (older) are the ones who usually get nerfed. More recent historical Servants (such as Jeanne D'Arc) usually get empowered by their Servant container. I bring this up because Jeanne D'Arc is considered a Top Servant in Extra, is stronger than she was in life, and her regular counterpart (outside of the Moon Cell) doesn't have any feats remotely comparable to Low 1-C.
You acknowledge that they're a unique case, but then extrapolate that to mean any new servant is buffed by it (never even hinted at). Jeanne being a top servant in Extra also doesn't matter even if her regular self lacks tier 1 feats, because her non top servant self isn't tier 1 (Top Servant is a type of graph you can be summoned with, like a Grand Graph, it's a level of power set by that)
2. Servants usually need a Master in order to be anchored to reality, but aside from that, there are no cases of Gaia directly weakening a Servant (that I can think of).
That's the only instance you should need they're being literally erased from reality without a master, this is also the entire reason for mana issues for them, or for projections disappearing, etc
3. Moriarty was going to destroy the planet by aiming a meteor directly towards the Earth's core with a Noble Phantasm that has the ability of guaranteeing a hit. This isn't a case of a Noble Phantasm's raw destructive power and it doesn't contradict Da Vinci's statement.
"Moriarty was going to destroy the planet with a meteor, this doesn't contradict Da Vinci saying the planet can't be destroyed by an NP", yeah okay moving on
4. I concede on the "no Servants possess an Anti-Planet NP". Angra Mainyu/CCC clearly does. However, that seems to be a unique case. As for everything else I've said, you claimed it was incorrect but haven't proven as such.
Yes, I haven't proven such because it's irrelevant to your proposal, as many of your points are
5. You're ignoring the fact that there were other factors at play that led to BB and Kiara's defeat.
There were other factors at play that led to Kiara's defeat yes, this literally does not matter though. Find me a single statement that Kiara or BB were nerfed by several degrees of uncountable infinity, and you'll have a point, otherwise you just have "Servants had a >1% chance to win, and did" which means they still are on that level, otherwise it'd be a 0%, and then you have them beating a Kiara nerfed by an unknown amount

6. Read the scan
I've read the scan, I've read the whole game even, it doesn't say it's stronger than in life, in fact it's saying it's unlocking their Origin of their life specifically
7. No context in the Nasuverse points to the Sun being unique, that is merely an assumption. We know that Planets have a will and that Earth in particular consists of textures, but we don't know that of the Sun. To claim that the Sun isn't a normal Sun when that hasn't been stated or implied anywhere is headcanon.
The sun is clearly not a normal Sun when it has several gods who are embodiments of it, when it exists in a universe where even meteors have Ultimate Ones, and exists outside of Earth, which has the known universe as a layer of itself, it is very clearly not normal, and to say otherwise is either willful ignorance, or blatant misrepresentation of the series
8. If you find this point to be irrelevant, feel free to ignore it.
9. The inside of the Moon Cell is literally a simulated reality full of AI and NPC's. Nothing proves that the supercomputer itself is Low 1-C.
It's a simulated reality full of literal universes, higher dimensions, and multiple things which can affect the outside world, the computer itself is that tier by necessity
10. No, they don't. Feel free to tell me what those feats are.
Any feat involving the planet (6d Avalon 8d space whatever) any feat involving INS (explicitly higher d) any feat which just scales to the Mooncell stuff (the entire CCC event and then the Ooku one via scaling to Kiara) etc
11. The point is that for how powerful Servants are supposed to be according to this wiki, they should have a plethora of feats and calcs above merely 5-B. Yet most calcs listed on here aren't even Tier 5.
That's not how that works no. Because no calc can come close to tier 1, that's just sorta how tiers work, therefore it doesn't matter if they had a high 3-A calc or a 9-B calc, they're all equally as nothing compared to tier 1, making this entire point meaningless, furthermore, if you've actually read the pages, most servants are below 5-B, fun fact
12. The point is that Karna can wipe out most Servants with a NP that at best has country-level AP and at worst scales to a nuke.
But you said Anti X doesn't mean destroy X, therefore saying it has at best country level AP doesn't work, unless you then say that Anti World and stuff does mean world. And again, most servants, funnily enough, aren't that tier.
13. I'm willing to concede on this point as I wasn't too sure about it. However, it doesn't change my main argument that most Servants shouldn't scale to Low 1-C and the ones that do should be prefaced with "Only in the Moon Cell" as they haven't proven to have Low 1-C capabilities outside of the Moon Cell.
That's just not true though as mentioned before, and as you'd see if you actually read the profiles or source material
My counter-points aside, everything stated in my original thread is now backed up by scans, etc.

These scans are almost meme tier considering the text ones are literally just copy pasting TM wiki, couldn't even actually search the sources for your points rip.

Beyond that this thread is a mix of
1. Complete non points, such as the calc point, or the Brahmastra thing
2. Things which have been addressed in multiple threads since before the upgrade even happened, with no variation, including the Da Vinci statement without even looking at its context

Furthermore, the OP seems to have a fundamental misunderstanding of the tiering of the verse based on some of his comments. The average servant isn't tier 1 as he seems to think, bringing up examples like Brahmastra as anti feats, or Jeanne not having tier 1 feats as a servant, the average servant is 6-C, a 3 dimensional being. Tier 1 is the god tiers, who literally nothing said here applies to even if it were to be accurate. It's the Beasts, the Types, the Grands (when summoned as a Grand and given the grand graph), Top Servants (when summoned as one with the graph), Gods and such.

I'm not referring to Tier 1 in particular. But even more Tier 5, Tier 4, and even Tier 3 feats/calcs would be more consistent with that idea.

I know that not all Servants are listed at Low 1-C. However, some Servants (like Jeanne D'Arc for example) are, when they either have no supporting feats or don't scale outside of the Moon Cell.
Jeanne's Tier 1 key is for her Top Servant state within the Moon Cell. It is as she appears within Extella. When she does have scaling.

Tier 5,4, and 3 feats do not help AT ALL with consistency for Tier 1. As there are several degrees of infinity difference between even Tier 3 and Tier 1.

sigh "There's no noble phantasm that can destroy the world!"

Enuma Elish has a direct statement of just that in Fate/strange fake.

Also, IN THAT VERY SAME SINGULARITY Moriarty's NP got a statement that it could destroy the damn planet.

Aka, Da Vinci is NOT a valid source here and that statement has actually tarnished her being a good source.
No, Da Vinci is a really good source, the thing is just used out of context because she is cut before say that an Anti-Planet/World NP would be unable to destroy the planet do to the safeguards put in place so to destroy it they would need to be deactivated, which is why after do so even something like a meteor had the ability to destroy Earth.
Not even if a verse had 100 calcs that put them at 3-A they would reach even Low 2-C if they don't have 4D stuff, so the higher calcs point is completely wrong.

No, Da Vinci is a really good source, the thing is just used out of context because she is cut before say that an Anti-Planet/World NP would be unable to destroy the planet do to the safeguards put in place so to destroy it they would need to be deactivated, which is why after do so even something like a meteor had the ability to destroy Earth.
I know she's a good source, I said it was tarnished by that statement, not that I thought she wasn't a good source or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back