• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Orochi ray pushes the Earth's core apart

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first calculation with the KE of the magma clot that gave Low 5-B was rejected because the mass of magma itself was not understood and it was taken as an energy beam.

However, I decided to calculate this feat in a different way. The beam caused the core to distort and distorted the outer core of the Earth. Unlike the ray, we can accurately obtain the KE of this action. Calc was accepted by the members of the calc group, so I wanted to decide in this thread which calculation is better to use.

USklaverei's version

NikHelton's version

I am waiting for your opinion and assessment of both calculations.

As before I don't think the ball pulled has mass considering the core settled back right after and there isn't an indication that Orochi physically ate a quadrillion tons of iron.
If you're implying it was energy, please say it is something other than thermal, as we've talked about this is the past CRT.

As before I don't think the ball pulled has mass considering the core settled back right after and there isn't an indication that Orochi physically ate a quadrillion tons of iron.
I don't count the energy of an elongated ball. I count the magma energy that was pushed apart during its movement. In any case, it happened and it happened at huge speeds.

Ok, i hate to be that one boring guy on the party but are we need sure that nik's version ain't an outlier like the best feat in the verse ATM is saitama serious punch who is more than a 1000 times lower than the lowest end saitama of course treats orochi like fodder, also later on psykorochi performs her god blast feat which is treated as bigger deal in the narrative and results for that one are over 10000 times lower
My proposal:keep usklaverei calculation for now, at least until the saitama vs garou fight starts and finshes and murata give us better feats( which is bound to happen)

Ok, i hate to be that one boring guy on the party but are we need sure that nik's version ain't an outlier like the best feat in the verse ATM is saitama serious punch who is more than a 1000 times lower than the lowest end saitama of course treats orochi like fodder, also later on psykorochi performs her god blast feat which is treated as bigger deal in the narrative and results for that one are over 10000 times lower
We don't scale off of Saitama's attacks like that.

My proposal:keep usklaverei calculation for now, at least until the saitama vs garou fight starts and finshes and murata give us better feats( which is bound to happen)
What?

What, i am just pointing to the elephant in the room nik's calculation is over a thousand times greater than the verse highest calc performed by the literal god tier and later on an attack performed by a stronger version of the same character with the intent of showing said character power scores over ten thousand times bellow, this needs to be adressed

What, i am just pointing to the elephant in the room nik's calculation is over a thousand times greater than the verse highest calc performed by the literal god tier and later on an attack performed by a stronger version of the same character with the intent of showing said character power scores over ten thousand times bellow, this needs to be adressed
Although I'd consider it an outlier since narratively Psykorochi's stuff should be stronger, we cannot consider the feat to be an outlier based on only comparing it to Saitama as all comparisons to him in relations to scaling are dumb due to him always holding back his power and having no set level of strength.

What do you mean?
You are trying to say that Saitama's serious punch should be stronger than serious squirt gun. Your reasoning was because Saitama treated Orochi like fodder with it, but didn't treat Boros like fodder with serious punch, yet it would scale above Gaia Cannon. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Saitama power is too variable, his serious punch can varies from 7-A to Low 5-B (or higher), Saitama is just a guy punching

How strong is saitama ain't my point, my point is that nik's version is astronomically superior to any other feat in the entire verse which ii very outlierish considering how much more hype was put into far lower feats from much stronger characters like psychorochi as an example , that is why i am asking for pacience and for us to waint until garou vs saitama happens and we likely get more tier 5 feats

Doesn't the panel show him absorbing a part of the core, pulling it from its original source across all layers of earth?
That doesn't mean what he pulls up isn't energy. He states multiple times in that chapter that he dug deeper into the Earth to absorb energy, not matter to convert into energy or something. Its why the original Low 5-B calc got removed, because the assumption was that what he moved had mass.

Why do people keep assuming orochi pulled a metal from the earth core when he said it is energy?
In this calculation, there is no question that it absorbs magma. Here I consider only the consequences of the movement of this energy.

he first attached image does not work.
Its your image.

But for some reason fandom links now crash due to some weird cookie error. You likely need to open it in a incognito window.
The second image shows only the calculation of the mass of the outer core
The second image is just your image with the core circle not weirdly off center.
because it was absolutely unbalanced.
That wasn't the inner core, but the energy Orochi had pulled upwards. Only the Outer Core and Mantel would have mass for the pull.

Its your image.

But for some reason fandom links now crash due to some weird cookie error. You likely need to open it in a incognito window.

The second image is just your image with the core circle not weirdly off center.

That wasn't the inner core, but the energy Orochi had pulled upwards. Only the Outer Core and Mantel would have mass for the pull.
Energy was pulled out of the core, pushing the mass apart. We can clearly see this from the first layer of the outer core and the very core of the Earth, which has lost its former shape and spread out. I deliberately circled it to draw attention to this.

I would like more people to get involved in an active discussion of this. Otherwise, we will not be able to choose the calculation.

I might as well just give my 2 cents here. Now im not very knowledgeable when it comes to calcs and math and stuff like that however in my opinion Multi-Continental Orochi just makes much more sense in the narrative more than anything and its mainly because of Boros.

If Low 5B Orochi is true then why would Saitama treat Orochi like fodder while treating Boros as "Almost a real fight" as stated by him? I find that very strange. Its also more in line with a lot of other feats presented in the series and just suddenly giving Orochi the strongest feat in the verse till now just feels random imo.

Also im kinda new to the wiki so takes this with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
Yes, it distorted the outer core and mantel. The ball formed from the inner core was not mass but energy being pulled.
Even without using the mass of a small portion of the core, the feat has a power level of Low 5-B.

However, there is another important question. Should we use the KE motion of the Earth's lower mantle too? Unlike the multilayered outer core, the Earth's mantle is shown as a homogeneous substance and we do not see traces of movement from the energy beam. However, given that the density of the mantle is lower than the density of the core, it would be strange if it were not moving. Maybe in this case, I should replace the movement of the planet's core with the movement of the mantle?

the feat has a power level of Low 5-B.
I get that, my point was that the inner core bubble can't be used for the calc. The Outer Core and Mantel are fine to use for the drag.
Maybe in this case, I should replace the movement of the planet's core with the movement of the mantle?
I don't see it. The only change that would need to be made would be changing the density of the object, since the current calc is assuming the entire thing is as dense as the Earth's inner core rather than the 9.9-12.2 g/cm^3 range of the outer core.

Though as this could always be a case of this rule coming into effect
  • There is a destruction/AP calculation contradicting a kinetic energy calculation. The destruction/AP calculation would take priority over the kinetic energy calculation in this case as the AP calculation would be a better proof in regards to how much damage he/she is capable of in an attack.
    • For example, if a character launches a 200kg metal ball against a common wall at Mach 300, but the wall remains largely undamaged, the energy required to cause the minor damage on the wall would take priority over the kinetic energy derived from speed in this case.

I get that, my point was that the inner core bubble can't be used for the calc. The Outer Core and Mantel are fine to use for the drag.

I don't see it. The only change that would need to be made would be changing the density of the object, since the current calc is assuming the entire thing is as dense as the Earth's inner core rather than the 9.9-12.2 g/cm^3 range of the outer core.

Though as this could always be a case of this rule coming into effect
I used a density of 9.9 g / cm^3 for the outer core, taking the minimum density value. I don't quite understand what should be changed here.
I'll just remove the second part of KE with the density of the inner core and that's it.

I didn't quite understand your opinion. Is it worth using the movements of the mass of the mantle, taking the diameter of the energy sphere as the distance by which it has shifted? Just at the lower point where the mantle and the outer core touch, we clearly see the movement of the mantle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back