• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Holy Water (Dragon Ball)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there enough agreements to finalize the revisions?
well, @Damage3245 and @KingTempest seen to agree with it being 3x, @LordGriffin1000 agrees with 3 times, but if the majority agrees with 4x he wouldn't complain with that being applied, and @DarkDragonMedeus seens to agree with the thread's op, which proposes 3x as lowball and 4 times as high ball, so i guess the multiplier accepted is 3x, unless you want to wait a little more for 4x to be accepted however

I'd propose that this be used as a 4x multiplier. The reason I say this is because we use "several" as a multiplier of at least 3x, and several is defined as "more than two, but less than many," which indicates that "many" is a greater quantity than "several."

Japanese translator, speaker, and current resident Cipher (@Cipher_db) clarifies, though, 何倍 "[implies] 'more than twice as much,'
Apparently the original Japanese indicates "more than twice as much"?

Which looks like it'd be safer to go with 3x here.

Japanese translator, speaker, and current resident Cipher (@Cipher_db) clarifies, though, 何倍 "[implies] 'more than twice as much,
If this is true than it should be just 2x imo. More than 2x doesn't mean at least 3. He could have gotten a 2.25 or 2.5x boost. The fact it doesn't say 3x outright is suspicious imo. That's just my take on it. 3x is still a good estimate but 2x would be better (you'd have to put "at least" before the tier tho to clarify that it is not just 2x.)

Just saying, either "at least 2x" or "4x" works for me. I just don't see a world in which 3x is the best. If Cipher is correct than it should be the former tho.

I think you may have gotten the names mixed up. 'Super Holy Water' or 'Ultra Divine Water' is the legitimate magical poison drink that Goku drank before fighting King Piccolo, giving him a big power boost on it's own and almost killing him in the process.
'Sacred Water' is what you're referring to him drinking here, the tap water.

There's also the DB website
Determined to close the difference in power between himself and Taopaipai, Goku climbs Karin Tower to obtain the Super Holy Water, a substance said to be able multiply the power of those who drink it!
Goku does manage to increase his power many times over, but it isn't because he drank the Super Holy Water—it was the result of the vigorous training he had undergone in order to obtain it from Master Karin in the first place!

I think you may have gotten the names mixed up. 'Super Holy Water' or 'Ultra Divine Water' is the legitimate magical poison drink that Goku drank before fighting King Piccolo, giving him a big power boost on it's own and almost killing him in the process.
'Sacred Water' is what you're referring to him drinking here, the tap water.
uh
Apparently the original Japanese indicates "more than twice as much"?
Cipher says the word "implies more than twice".
Besides that, Daizenshuu 7, Daizenshuu 2, DRAGON BALL LANDMARK, and Kakarot's Z-Encyclopedia all say "many times".
Of course, I'd have to go through and sift for the original Japanese text, though.

Fair enough. But although Goku is faster than before, I don't know if that means we can assume he was 3x faster.
Given how speed is tied to one's power in dragon ball

It should probably be affected as he finally caught up to Korin

Unless you want more input on the speed part.
Speed can be handled at a later date; the manga only uses the word "strength" in regards to the Super Holy Water, which makes arguing a proportionate speed increase more difficult than if they had used "power".

Anyway, the profiles that need to be opened are:

Son Goku (Dragon Ball)
Krillin
Yamcha
Tien Shinhan
Chiaotzu
Master Roshi
Chi-Chi (Dragon Ball)
Yajirobe
Grandpa Gohan
King Chappa
Staff Officer Black
Major Metallitron
Buyon
Master Shen
Nam
Spike the Devil Man
Bandages the Mummy
Colonel Silver
Pirate Robot

Speed can be handled at a later date; the manga only uses the word "strength" in regards to the Super Holy Water, which makes arguing a proportionate speed increase more difficult than if they had used "power".

Anyway, the profiles that need to be opened are:
Most of those aren't locked.

Just a reminder, at the time, Post-Korin tier characters scale to 12.1701771 Tons (8-B), and Beginning of Series characters scale to 1.21701771 Tons (8-C+).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back