• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zelda - Minor Master Sword Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been a while since I’ve done this. So a previous thread of mine gave the Master Sword Mid-Low regeneration for repairing itself in BOTW from the Calamity a century ago.

In TOTK though, Ganondorf breaks the sword in half, requiring it to be bathed in sacred energy for over 10,000 years to be not only restored but empowered as well.

Considering the extensive damage the sword took in TOTK compared to BOTW, this should warrant an upgrade in its regeneration. Once again, not sure which level this would be though I think Mid makes the most sense.

The regeneration levels of animated objects IMO is harder to judge, compared to lifeforms. And a sword's regen level even more specifically. But I suppose Mid sounds good.

Mid-Low: The ability to heal wounds that would normally leave large scars, such as severe burns or deep injuries. For machines and vehicles, this would be regenerating damage that would normally leave large dents and openings.
High-Low: The ability to regenerate severed fingers, toes, or ears, minor organ damage, and even potentially reattach lost limbs. For machines and vehicles, this would be regenerating some interior damage, along with some minor critically damaged or destroyed parts.
Low-Mid: The ability to regenerate lost limbs, limited brain damage, and even severe organ damage or destruction, including traditionally fatal wounds and disembowelment or horizontal bisection. For machines and vehicles, this would be regenerating minor parts and more extensive internal damage.
Mid: The ability to regenerate from decapitation or severe brain damage. For machines and vehicles, this would be regenerating from the destruction of critical parts, such as the engine.
High-Mid: The ability to regenerate from being blown/cut to pieces, brain included, or from a small piece of the user's body, such as a finger, or the heart.
In my view the Master Sword has no critical part that controls function like an engine or power controller.

As such this is just regenerating matter over the course of 10,000 years feels more like Low-Mid than Mid to me.

Yeah, swords don't have any sort of core is what makes it harder to judge.

Reason I went with Mid was the “destruction of critical parts” portion, considering it can’t launch sword beams or recharge its energy after breaking, which are main functions of the sword.

The thing is mid for a non-living being is "Regeneration of critical parts" with the example given being an engine. To my understanding the sword just doesn't have a critical part. It basically can't qualify for Mid imo, but could qualify for High-Mid if it regenerated after being completely broken to pieces.

That’s cool. I guess I’ll go for High-Mid then. If that doesn’t work there is still Low-Mid like you suggested which is still an upgrade.

That’s cool. I guess I’ll go for High-Mid then. If that doesn’t work there is still Low-Mid like you suggested which is still an upgrade.
I would say High-Mid would only count if it came back from a shard (equivalent of a finger) rather than the handle + sword base.

So imo Low-Mid looks the most correct, though it's over time and not combat applicable.

I agree with Qawsedf that Low-Mid seems better here

This should be able to be applied now, as the change isn't particularly controversial. That said, for clarification: @DarkDragonMedeus do you agree with Qawsedf about this being Low-Mid rather than straight Mid regen?

Looks fine (Not sure how regen works with inanimate objects so I'm just gonna say Qaw's suggestion of Low-Mid seems ok), although it should be noted on the profile that it ain't combat applicable.

Edit: nvm I just noticed the profile already says it isn't combat applicable

I agree with Qawsedf that Low-Mid seems better here

This should be able to be applied now, as the change isn't particularly controversial. That said, for clarification: @DarkDragonMedeus do you agree with Qawsedf about this being Low-Mid rather than straight Mid regen?
That is fine by me yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back