• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Joker vs The Spy

The Spy pulled up to the old warehouse. "So this is where that trouble maker is?" He asked into a radio he pulled from his pocket. Soldier's voice could be heard on the other end "That's right maggot! The filthy clown is hiding in there. Go in there and get the intel he stole! Oh and uh...He knows your coming so be ready for anything!" The Spy rolled his eyes as he put the radio into his pocket. "He's not the only one who did his research."

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Spy

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/The_Joker_(DCAU)

Both have prior knowledge . Joker is in his second key and has 30 minutes of prep. Speed is equalized and battle takes place in an abandoned warehouse.

The Joker: 7

The Spy: 1

The Jojo:

Joker's laughing gas, the Spy has no resistance to it as far as i'm aware. if he sets it up he could easily Kill the Spy with it.

Since he's aware of it, he'd likely do so.

Joker takes this handily. There's no way for Spy to get pass Joker's traps if even Batman falls for them. But to be fair, this match was skewed in Joker's favour from the beginning.

Sir Ovens said:
Joker takes this handily. There's no way for Spy to get pass Joker's traps if even Batman falls for them. But to be fair, this match was skewed in Joker's favour from the beginning.
I could remove the prep time if you think that would be more fair.

So what here stops Spy from invisibly strolling through the entire facility slowly?

30 minutes isn't nearly enough to heavily prep the entire place.

Moritzva said:
So what here stops Spy from invisibly strolling through the entire facility slowly?
30 minutes isn't nearly enough to heavily prep the entire place.
Not disagreeing off of this, just building off of it.

All of Spy's watches actually carry great utility here:

- Want to easily approach Joker and gun him down with one or two shots? Stock.

- Need to keep safe and undetected while searching for Joker, or just not choose to go through Joker's traps, wait for him to get bored and expose himself? Cloak and Dagger.

- Random trap about to kill him? Dead Ringer.

That being said, nothing keeps him safe Joker Gas, but chances are that Joker won't have time to build traps using that (also the Sapper could just disable it if Spy throws it from a distance, just like in his trailer video), so it's only useful in close range, or Joker just fumigating the entire warehouse (possible in character since a.) he's crazy and b.) he's immune but would he actually do it?). Spy still has the advantage in firearms, coupled with easy positioning with the watches.

Therefore, I vote Spy.

Fumigating the entire warehouse also seems difficult to do in 30 minutes, and Spy would simply... leave, probably. Come back after it's not razing with gasses.

If they both have prior knowledge and prep time wouldn't Joker just fumigate the area in and around the warehouse?

Also. The Joker gas is extremely potent. Spy breathes it in a little bit and he's very gone. I doubt the Joker would not be able to come up with a way to do this, considering he's consistently outsmarted Batman and Superman and the entire Justice League multiple times.

Ayewale said:
If they both have prior knowledge and prep time wouldn't Joker just fumigate the area in and around the warehouse?

Also. The Joker gas is extremely potent. Spy breathes it in a little bit and he's very gone. I doubt the Joker would not be able to come up with a way to do this, considering he's consistently outsmarted Batman and Superman and the entire Justice League multiple times.
Joker had tons of prep and prior knowledge in spades on a group of people who adamantly refused to kill him, like, ever.

The Spy is going to shoot him in the head the moment he sees Joker.

Also, 30 minutes to fumigate a warehouse is impossible.

Vote Spy. It would be nice if some Joker voters could revisit the thread, as no Spy votes were made before.

So. Still outsmarting people Leagues beyond The Spy's intelligence very very consistently. He is vastly vastly smarter and easily could make a plan on someone like Spy.

Joker would be prepared for that. Like, easily prepared for that.

That's unbelievably wrong. Like very unbelievably wrong. This is the joker we are talking about. He had filled Buildings with joker venom in seconds.

Sticking with Joker

Also, I'm pretty sure that most of Gotham's rogues have tried to kill him on at least a few occasions. Not to mention, people like Red Hood are outright dead set on it.

Joker FRA.

Buttersamuri said:
So. Still outsmarting people Leagues beyond The Spy's intelligence very very consistently. He is vastly vastly smarter and easily could make a plan on someone like Spy.

Joker would be prepared for that. Like, easily prepared for that.

That's unbelievably wrong. Like very unbelievably wrong. This is the joker we are talking about. He had filled Buildings with joker venom in seconds.

Sticking with Joker
Okay.

Provide proof of such?

I see no way, with speed equal, that he could physically move fast enough to arm the entire warehouse. And it's not his M.O.

Robin Hood isn't anything compared to the incredibly skilled Red Spy, and sappers can ruin any electricity-based trap Joker may make.

The guy who was trained by Batman and has nearly killed the likes of Nightwing doesn't compare to spy? Are you sure about that?

Also, pretty sure Batman has explicitly stated that the Justice League wouldn't stand a chance against Joker without him.

Setting up booby traps and gassing people for giggles is his M.O. though.

Wright covered it about.

But seriously. The Red Hood. Man trained by Batman. The Batman. And can combat him and Nightwing. Is somehow not comparable. That is far more likely the other way around realistically. Red Hood is definitely beyond the skills of Red Spy

The Wright Way said:
Um, I just realized this is DCAU Joker. Red Hood ain't a factor here.
He can set up traps, but with invisibility and sappers, it doesn't really matter unless he instantly gasses the entire place.

Which I've never seen him do, much less with thirty minutes.

That's the issue. 30 minutes. The Justice League can't fight him since he's had yeaaaars of prep time and prior knowledge.

I know it's in grace but I don't think it should be added, most votes were before any arguments for Spy.

That's not how it works. If people didn't argue for spy. That's probably because most nobody Had arguments for Spy. And we went over the arguments for Spy you had. And with certain points, gonna have to heavily disagree with your points. Like that Spy is a better fighter. That's a huge disagreement I have. As other points. So it's fine to add.

Quite the opposite. The rules were made to encourage fair debate. Your vote is firm, yes, but not everyone's is. Heck, Wright already said his comparison to Red Hood isn't a factor.

Joker is a great fighter. So is Spy.

The point is, the thread is still in contention and is only in grace because of a lack of arguments. If it's added without proper discussion, I will take it to the removal thread.

But you are here now, so let's continue. Explain how he'll fumigate an entire warehouse in 30 minutes and name one time he's done it IC.

Yes everyone else's votes are firm. You are 100 percent incorrect there. Our reasons are still valid.

Joker is the better fighter. That's our point. You said Spy was the better one and that's a no with me.

And you will be wrong too. Our points stand. Just because there want people on The spys side, doesn't make it removal worthy. The fact is, we voted for Joker, our reasons are valid. And thus the match is valid

Simple. Filling it with the tons of joker venom he always tends to have. Especially with prep.

Saying I am incorrect without justification is not an argumemt.

Joker has needed a lot more for literally all of his best feats. I do not recall this Joker, say, beating Batman in hand-to-hand. I don't remember that happening.

Show proof of him doing it in less than an hour, then.

You literally are doing the same thing. Most of our arguments stand though. I'll wdmit the red hood was wrong. But that wasn't our stand alone reasons

You don't need to beat him in hand to hand. Just being able to stand against Batman makes someone very impressive and much beyond that off The Spy.

And even though I really don't need to prove that since how he could do it is very simple, remember the time he filled up this large place with gas. He already has the resources and joker venom. With prep, it's the simple process of just putting it there

Stand against him... with prep. Joker, in a straight fight, can not even remotely compete with Batman.

Your very clip implies that Joker has had a fair bit of prep time, and that he doesn't detonate it instantly. Hell, if he acts anything like that, he'll allow Spy to get close & get shot.

And surprisingly. Here. He has prep. But now he is fighting someone Leagues under Batman

Actually. The moment Batman entered and tried to leave he activated it. He didn't screw around. He only waited for superman cause he was leading him into that room so he could also trap Batman. So not valid. Joker did go for the instant win. He just had to lead Superman also to the right room. And took advantage of his less violent nature. And not really no. Nothing really implies that.

He has a helluva lot more prep, and prior knowledge, against the Justice League, who adamantly refuse to kill him.

None of that is true here.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did Superman punch Joker in that clip? Since that's the sort of thing that would get him shot in the face.

Well, I'm not sure entirely what's going on, but from what I do know about the Joker he's been shown to be consistently keeping up with Batman in physical combat. Never overpowered him for aure, but he can keep up.

As for the 'Joker fumigates the whole warehouse argument' I feel like he actually might not be able to, thinking about it now. A warehouse is a pretty big place. What's more reaosnable is that Joker just fumigates the likely entrances Spy comes from; with Joker's insane intelligence, this shouldn't be too hard.

Spy's intelligence rating also seems unfounded. I'm going through the (enjoyable!) comic that is referenced, and the feat justifying his rating doesn't seem present in the actual comic, at least not in the immediate page + the 12 pages following.

Ayewale said:
Spy's intelligence rating also seems unfounded. I'm going through the (enjoyable!) comic that is referenced, and the feat justifying his rating doesn't seem present in the actual comic, at least not in the immediate page + the 12 pages following.
Really? I've never seen Joker ever not get pounded by Batman, in both strength and skill. Which makes sense, he's Batman.

His Intelligence section is meh, imo. I haven't fully read the comics, but he's an incredibly skilled ladykiller (and mankiller) with adeptness using his stealth to storm out entire facilities of prepped enemies (Just in his intro trailer, Engineer already had a turret up and plenty of them knew he was there via alarms). Including other Spies, since of course.

Back