• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
If you're going the non-game mechanic route, the fancy spellbook is a large bound book, attached to The Spy's ass, with leather straps and a metal lock keeping it closed.
It stands to reason outside of gameplay mechanics, in order to use a spell, he's gonna have to grab it, unlock it, open it up, flip to the required page, and then cast the spell, none of that instant gesture based stuff.

The fact the profile doesn't even detail any of this or even have the book in his equipment is baffling imo. Can The Spy even use all his equipment at once, or is it like a MGSV situation where he picks a few items to go into combat with.

Or spy start with the book in hand sinse he will use It in this battle and has prep time?
And idk about that chief, he still has to flip to the right page, read the text, say the spell because let's not forget, in every instance of the spells, they audibly cast it, and if he starts with that in hand, that indirectly means he ain't starting with guns or other shit in his hands, he only has so many hands after all, so do tell, what is Spy actually leading with here? He can't use everything.

And prep time? If they have prep time, what's stopping Koichi from rigging the whole battlefield with SFX? The answer is nothing, Act 1 has no limit to how many it can place, and Act 2 can split its tail up and place SFX in multiple locations. Koichi could just place a SFX around where the Spy starts, and as soon as the match starts, blow Spy toward him with a strong gust of wind (For example, against Yukako it was able to blow her tens of meters away through wind pressure, and I'm not talking about the explosion that came after), so he enters Act 3's range and gets throttled and cratered.
Prep time is a dumb idea, may as well win the moment the match starts, and it's especially bad in Koichi's case as his SFX can't be perceived at all.

I honestly don't really have a reply for that, I'm debating a match, if I was angry you'd know it.

Fair I was the one reading It in a angry tone, sorry for that. well. To be honest nothing stop koich from doing that and Koich has a relly big advantage with It. Might be a stop with Prep time

And to be honest I'm thinking this battle is a mismatch more them anything

The match would probably make more sense if like, they didn't both know everything each other could do, have prep, were in a mid location, and at weird range, SBA would've just worked fine, Spy would employ standard and fair tactics and so would Koichi, none of this "well he COULD do this because he knows about THIS and THAT" shit.
But bit late to backpedal now.

Well, OP still can change again and I don't see why not do It

I will make a Koich vs omuculus battle tomorrow trough, this one seen funnier to make

why would you make another match knowing he's missing a few things like various speed stats
use someone who actually has all his stuff listed like Kira or something
Or use Dio.

Oh wait I have characters who can fight first key Dio not TF2...

Or use Dio.

Oh wait I have characters who can fight first key Dio not TF2...
dio's actually worse, he's missing a fuckton of random abilities, some of which are obvious like blood manip & stat amp, or that weird life energy shit they drop whole two expodumps on in part 1 & 2
Talking more seriously, Maybe Narancia them?
Not even gonna bother checking but he's 9-Cish, and his Stand is Subsonic movement, Supersonic(+) attack speed, 9-B all around (Might have a low 9-A feat physically involving some steel fuckery, but I haven't calced it and I'm not confident saying it is at a glance).
I updated the range for him awhile back tho so that's all accurate.
If the dude you're putting him against is fair for a 9-C with 9-B invisible attacks it should be fine.

Back