• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Joker vs The Spy

Except no. That's not how it works. All your arguments got counter arguments. So that's that. Our votes and reasons from the start still work. And we defended that. So the votes till count.

It is fixed, though.

Common sense and courtesy allows for votes to be removed when they are old and don't respond to counterarguments. There were literally no Spy arguments before and no counterarguments against him now.

We gave you counterarguments. Just because you disagree doesn't mean they don't exist.

"How does he counter invisibility?"

Crickets

Simply. Sptly still makes soubd while invisible. Batman doesn't make it while sneaking. Joker regularly deals with Batman's stealth. We've told you this before. It's the same way you spy check in game.

The Wright Way said:
Simply. Sptly still makes soubd while invisible. Batman doesn't make it while sneaking. Joker regularly deals with Batman's stealth. We've told you this before. It's the same way you spy check in game.
^^^^^^

Stomps on Crickets

The Wright Way said:
As a player of TF2,

I do not hear The Spy. Like, at ******* all. Unless he's uncloaking.

Spy-Checking in-game involves taking a ******* flamethrower and running around the entire base.

As someone who has watched TF2 videos, you can. It's usually not noticeable in a loud battlefield, sure, but you can hear him. It's only ever in quiet areas, sure, but it can happen.

Also, Sniper literally heard him and turned around in his Meet The video if I recall correctly.

And, once again, none of the characters in TF2 gave Superman level hearing and Batman can still sneak past him

Even so, the majority of the canon times Spy was heard was in close range. He could just use the watches for easy positioning and gun Joker down from a distance.

CrackerVolley said:
Even so, the majority of the canon times Spy was heard was in close range. He could just use the watches for easy positioning and gun Joker down from a distance.
Not to mention, Joker gets beat up in hand-to-hand. Even if he does hear, he'll still get his ass kicked, knife or guns.

Seriously, Joker is not known for being a boxer for a reason.

CrackerVolley said:
No, Spy's screwed in CQC due to Joker Gas.
Well, depends. Joker could riggy himself up- which, admittedly, is a good idea,

Actually, hold up. Has he done that before? Because I want to know if he can hide it well. Since, with prior knowledge, he'll certainly prefer to shoot Joker in the face, but we can't ignore CQC if Joker can hide it, on his person, very well.

Might be a bit hard, given Joker's normal attire.

Not to mention, Joker gets beat up in hand-to-hand. Even if he does hear, he'll still get his ass kicked, knife or guns.

Seriously, Joker is not known for being a boxer for a reason.

Uh, this is the guy who fights evenly with Batman regularly. If anything, Spy's the one out of his league

Also, shooting Joker from a distance is just gonna give away his position and isn't very in character anyways.

It's quite in-character.

Also, Batman always, always, aaalways beats Joker's ass, even when trying not to kill.

Sense when? He always gets in close during his Meet The video.

The episode Mad Love and Return of The Joker say otherwise, as both times Joker made him bleed and the second time flat out beat him.

The Wright Way said:
Sense when? He always gets in close during his Meet The video.
The episode Mad Love and Return of The Joker say otherwise, as both times Joker made him bleed and the second time flat out beat him.
I'd have to rewatch the series, as his losses are far, far more than he wins.

Meet the Video isn't the only canon for Spy- though I can't read over the comments at the moment, I'll partially concede that both are likely. Though, I think he's more likely to fire from mid-ish range; far away that it's hard to hear him uncloak, but not like, sniper range.

The Wright Way said:
He shot him point blank.
Interesting definition of point blank.

I surely didn't hear him coming, regardless.

He was running right towards him and was barely even two feet away. That's not snipping.

You're not Superman.

The Wright Way said:
He was running right towards him and was barely even two feet away. That's not snipping.

You're not Superman.
You can't snipe someone in a warehouse, anyways.

I'm talking mid-ish range.

Moritzva said:
It's quite in-character.
Also, Batman always, always, aaalways beats Joker's ass, even when trying not to kill.
If we're talking about the animated show-which is the version we're using-h's actually equal to Batman.

If you refer to the comics, Joker has OVERPOWERED him before. In Batman: Endgame, he ******* killed him in a fistfight.

If we're talking about the animated show-which is the version we're using-h's actually equal to Batman.

If you refer to the comics, Joker has OVERPOWERED him before. In Batman: Endgame, he ******* killed him in a fistfight.

1. This is DCAU Joker.

2. Joker had a Lazarus pit backing him in Endgame.

Yea, obviously. Comics Batman is ******* absurd.

The thing is, animated shows usually have... less impressive Batfeats. Not to say he's not skilled, but he's a far cry off of Mr. "I Found This Cult Multiple Times After They Mindwiped Me To Make Me Go Away" Batman.

Back