• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So, in your opinion which shonen hero is the most intelligent?

Naruto (teen)

Luffy

Natsu

Yusuke

Goku (current)

Naruto uzumaki psd by demonfoxwwe-d2znyu7
Naruto

Luffy 3
Luffy

Natsu Dragneel
Natsu

Yusuke YYH
Yusuke mere apprentice.

Goku kansei migatte by hirus4drawing-dc48jh4enhanced
Goku

Which version of teen Naruto because he is one of the ******** person -other than combat- in elemantal countries until 4SWW. While in the war and after it his intelligence increases constantly and after receiving Six Paths Yang Power he can comprehend high level stuff.

Goku is probably the most formally-trained in pure CQC and definitely has far better Fighting Instincts than everyone else.

Yusuke goes to school and actually learns shit. He automatically gets "General intelligence" category.

If I had to say: the first thing I'd say is that I'd have to split this into two different categories. Combat savy and general intelligence.

Combat Savy: Goku. Goku by a wide margin. He's got more training, trained under multiple masters, been in more situations, fought more kinds of enemies, comes from a race with the natural disposition/instincts for fighting and dedicates his entire life to fighting and improving. I'd say Yusuke and Luffy are close seconds though.

General Intelligence: Yusuke. While they're all Idiot Heroes, Yusuke is not that dumb. He's actually got a lot of common sense. He's not good in school due to not trying/caring, not because he can't grasp the subjects or lack of intelligence. He also tends to point out when someone else is doing something stupid. I mean, this is guy who guys up against a mind reader and instantly comes up with a plan that renders the mind reader's power useless on the first try. When Yusuke actually applies himself, he thinks things through pretty well.

Naruto.

People tend to forget that Pre-shippuden naruto went to school, graduated, and had actual combat training.

In terms of Combat: Either Goku or Naruto. Naruto in terms of knowing his enemies Movements/Skills (Cause, he's a Ninja and shit), and Goku for in terms of Learning his Enemies Movements just by fighting/studying them, as well as his neigh genius ordeals when it comes to studying the Battle Field itself. He can also find a good counter against his Enemies. And, when he's pushed to a corner, Ultra Instinct.

Natsu, Luffy, and Yusuke? Nah. They're good. But, they're not "genius" level.

So, overall, i'd say Goku. Naruto being a VERY VERY VERY close Second.

In terms of everything else? Yusuke. Goku would be LAST when it comes to this. At least Luffy and Natsu have SOME form of Education. Goku hasn't even gone to School.

Depends on what you mean. All of them are smart in their own right but if we're talking about solely book smarts than either Yusuke would take it.

Ichigo is smarter than all of them in that department.

combat its likely naruto or goku due to how they exploit a lot of things really well though goku has the edge with naruto being second

But in terms of actual smarts goku, natsu and luffy are likely dead last naruto did graduate from the academy at least yusuke reached high school

Extreme luck is inequal to Skill.

Deku>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Planning, strategizing: Joseph, Deku.

Combat instinct: Goku.

Improvising: Yusuke, Ichigo.

Unpredictability: Naruto, Joseph maybe too.

I'm not very familiar with Natsu.

should have put Useless Tsuna and Gon in this too lmao. Imo Naruto tho cause as a ninja you automatically gets brought up different than most and expierencing things like real battles and having to be quick on your feat incorporating things from his environments to things like trick your oppenent with transformation. I also think it was stated somewhere that Naruto actually wasnt a dumbass in school he just did it for attention. If he actually paid attention he could be smart and above average. Boruto has to get his smarts from somewhere lol

I think you people are overlooking that Naruto is hella smart. He's a naturally gifted tactician, Luffy too, has shown impressive growth recently, but he doesn't really compare, Yusuke (like Ichigo) is quite average and gets by with luck and technique, Natsu is the dumbest obviously, Goku is pretty good at learning/copying other's techniques and finding the weaknesses in his opponents and Joseph Joestar is of course unmatched by anyone here. Overall I'd say :

Joseph > Midoriya = Naruto > Goku > Luffy > Yusuke = Ichigo > Natsu

Of course if you are looking for book smarts only, Edward Elric is kind of difficult to beat. He's a child prodigy who became state alchemist at 12 (which is basically equivalent to getting a PhD)

everyone forgetting that Naruto had to become chunibn, jonin etc, which means a lot of studying >_>.

Adult Naruto should be pretty smart for a shonen hero.

Guys.....you forget that the most intelligent Shonen is.....LIGHT YAGAMI!!!

Serious thought,the most clever and intelligent is Joseph,only Naruto and Midoriya who can follow his brain,next is Yusuke,also Luffy is not really dumb,he's fighter genious who develope his own technique,Ichigo and Natsu is throw to Trash can XD

Being published by Shonen Jump =/= the manga is a shonen

Most of the stuff published by SJ is shonen though

Back