• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Hunter (Bloodborne) vs. Azami (Mekakucity)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't someone say that curse existed in bloodborne? Curse is petrification, so if it shows up in bloodborne as something that counts as a death state in game and thus procs regen, it wouldn't work here. Not able to check myself though, as it may only be in Dark Souls.

1. Curse is Dark Souls, Wokistan.

2. Moon Presence absolutely is not actively watching over the Hunter, we have no reason to assume that. Additionally, the Moon Presence has no way of knowing that the Hunter is petrified. Even going under the assumption that Moon Presence actively regenerates the Hunter, they only seem to get the message or whatever when they die, not when they're in trouble. MP is not nigh-omnipresent or anything.

3. Furthermore, resurrection is passive, meaning it triggers on death. The Dream resurrects the Hunter. Not MP.

And again, if the hunter can still think then he just used the bold hunter mark to reverse the petrification

Weekly, we've already proven that isn't how that goes, you need to physically move in order to achieve the Bold Hunter Mark.

You need to take a few seconds to actually put the mask on.

Well. Mask, paper, whatever it is, there clearly is a physical attribute to the action. It isn't JUST thought based.

The bold hunters mark is not a physical object, its literally a thought in the hunters head, you dont need to move to think

Well the game definetly doesn't show this quality, so either the Hunter doesn't know he just needs to literally think about it, or, you actually have to do stuff for it to work.

You need to move to activate it. And yes, it is a physical object. Bold Hunter's Mark is a scrap of paper that you can find/buy. Hunter's Mark is the one you're thinking of, and even that one requires physical action to use. You just also happen to need to think about it.

Weekly, do you have evidence of being able to thoughtcast hunter's marks? That's not really something you can just say and expect everyone to go along with, as it's contradictory to what's generally known about those.

https://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Bold+Hunter's+Mark

"This reminder allows one to envision the rune with clarity."

This item reminds the Hunter of what they have to think of, which is the lore reasoning as to why it lets you reawaken with Blood Echoes. That said, the other one requires movement as well.

That would imply that they can forcibly reawaken with a thought, and that the Mark is more of a magic feather type deal in that it helps the hunter know with more clarity.

Wokistan said:
Weekly, do you have evidence of being able to thoughtcast hunter's marks? That's not really something you can just say and expect everyone to go along with, as it's contradictory to what's generally known about those.
https://bloodborne.wikia.com/wiki/Bold_Hunter%27s_Mark

"Dangling, upside-down rune etched in the mind of a hunter.

The image upon this parchment allows one to envision the rune with clarity.

Allows a hunter to awaken again without losing Blood Echoes, a trick that seems nearly too good to be true. "

Its something he can think of, not a physical object like the regular Hunter's Mark

Yes. He can think of it. But the game makes it pretty clear you need physical action.

Also, not a physical object?

The image upon this parchment allows one to envision the rune with clarity.

The image upon this parchment

parchment

At best its a gameplay balancing animation

Yes not a physical object

etched in the mind of a hunter

etched in the mind

mind

The issue is, the hunter seems to need the extra help from the memento to reliably do this. Now, he'd have an entire day to try to do it without, but that's speculatory.

How in character is it for animu to petrification incap and not Segway into hurting or killing them? If she kills hunter, he now has the knowledge that she's got an ability that he can't resist, and as such can go in invisible and with something to secure a quick kill, like the cannon or bloodletter.

@Wokistan IIRC, Azami opens with Petri.

A group of villagers were on the verge of attacking them and if I recall, she instantly petrified them. And then left into the Heat Haze, though my knowledge of the verse is hella old. Dargoo is more reliable.

@Weekly So the parchment is just like in their brain or what

When she's pressing an offensive, she mindhaxes then petrified consecutively. Both are instant and are activated by her looking at the enemies.

Sometimes she starts with perception manip and makes herself/others invisible, but she's not trying to protect anyone in this case.

@Weekly "etched in the mind" doesn't imply they can do it with with their mind alone any more than me memorizing a dance routine does. If they can't move to activate whatever ritual it is, they're stuck.

We went over how Res wouldn't work because it assumes the MP would act more than it does in-game.

Sure, they resist mindhax but she'd still follow up with petri.

Bold Hunter Mark's description isn't convincing me it's can be done with the mind alone.

It can't. Just gonna keep beating this dead horse til it stays dead. It absolutely requires a physical component, namely, movement. Not a big movement. Just a swing of the arm by about 160 degrees or more, but its movement.

Its literally something in the hunter's mind, something he thinks of, not a physical object like the regular Hunter's Mark

Hell even the Regular hunter's Mark is just a thought

https://bloodborne.wikia.com/wiki/Hunter%27s_Mark

"Dangling, upside-down rune etched in one's mind. Symbol of a hunter.

By focusing one's thoughts on this rune, a hunter loses all Blood Echoes, but awakes afresh, as if it were all just a bad dream."

Alright. Answer this,

You're using the Hunter's mark, and an enemy hits you while it's being cast.

Does it still activate, or is it interrupted?

If it's the later, then it's clear the physical movement is necessary.

No because if you get hit your focus is going to be redirected to the pain your experiencing from the hit; it doesn't mean he has to move he just has to focus

It is the latter. If you begin using the "thought", and get struck, then you don't teleport.

- Required physical movement

"lolgamemechanicslol"

- If hit, cancelled

"lolfocus"

Let's look at the actual facts, right now. To use the item, you have to actually move. If these movements are cancelled, the action is cancelled. You're saying the Hunter would lose focus upon being attacked, when attacks like A Call Beyond continue to occur even after you attack the target (assuming they have gotten through enough of the animation). It still happens. We see this especially in the rather annoying Micolash boss fight, where this is the bane of my existence.

TL;DR, it needs movement, not game mechanics, continuing on. Let's try to portray accurate information folks, bending info is pretty shady.

It applies to being staggered as well, not just strikes that cut into and hurt the hunter.

You're using the most extreme examples of it being interrupted in order to prove a point that clearly has no foundTion.

It doesnt need movement as all it is is thinking. The only info bending here is claiming that you need to move to think.

It being only thinking is your headcanon. The only argument you have for this is the fact that the items themselves refer to the need to think, which can easily be coupled with the requirement for action.

Sorry about using extreme examples; I usually like to think big when I use a example. I'll try not to anymore (on this thread atleast)

Lore + Gameplay > Lore > Gameplay

They coexist in this case.

The description doesn't specify that the movement isn't necessary, which the actual usage of it implies.

You're ignoring like half of the facts here.

As a fun side note

"Hah I know I'll suggest the Hunter. My favorite 8-C character hecc yeah dude it'll be fun"

why do i do this to myself

And to not appear lazy; image if the hunter didn't move while using it in game. He was just standing there then disappears with any animation once so ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back