• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Hunter (Bloodborne) vs. Azami (Mekakucity)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, so we're just supposed to ignore how it functions in-game. Sure.

It just shows how that description is anything but correct.

Also, doesn't Queen Yharnam have a paralyzing attack? Can you use items while that is happening?

By gameplay logic they wouldn't need an animation, just that it could be interrupted. The argument itself is invalid because you're operating under the claim that the thing activates with a thought, which yes, it does, but that thought is coupled with an action.

The time is a balancing mechanic. The fact that it isn't instant, maybe. But the argument that the movement is a balancing mechanic is weak, since that doesn't actually balance anything,

It doesnt NEED to be coupled with an action as there isnt a physical object with which the Hunter needs to interact in the first place

That isn't even what I said lol. Action =/= Object

Yet the description only mentions how it is started with a thought, not the entire process. There is clearly much left out and how it is used in-game explains that.

But not having an animation goes against the enter point of a visual medium. Animation is supposed to be expressive. If they didn't animate it; they wouldn't be doing there jobs

"expressive"

Why in the world would this act need to be expressive.

Because you just instantly going from the middle of a fight to back to the last lantern you were at is clunky, its sorta like how Corvo Attano can teleport at will but the game gives him a small hand gesture to go with it for effect

Lore-wise no movement is required as all the Hunter needs to do is think. The movement is an in-game only balancing mechanic

Because if you use an object/thought the audience will expect something to happen; if they used the object and the character didn't react at all the player would be confused on if they even used the item in the first place.

The lore never contradicts this though, you're just adding to the description to say "a thought AND NOTHING ELSE". We have literally no reason to assume the action isn't required, you're using this as a crux to win a fight.

Speaking as a person with an unhealthy amount of time on Bloodborne, this is wrong. We can bicker about it all day and night, but this is wrong. There's nothing that screams "THOUGHT ONLY" in the lore. There's nothing that says the Moon Presence just appears out of nowhere to defend the Hunter. From what I can tell, the only arguments in favor of the Hunter are made by bending any lore in game in order to make it seem likely that the Hunter triumphs. Extrapolating data is false. End of story.

Actually there is something that makes this inconclusive no matter what; is the hunter's mindhax weapon going to be 7-c after the revision?

We have every reason to assume an action isnt involved as its not normal for a person to need to move in order to think

Speaking as someone who too has an unhealthy amount of time playing the game i can tell you with the utmost cetainty that the arguments for the hunter are all 100% accurate

That doesn't matter. As said above, in character the Hunter rarely opens with that. If the Hunter gets off its 8-C mindhax he wins anyways, but we can't conclusively say they will open with that, since they have some 20-30 options available for melee weapons.

Weekly, you are deliberately bending my words. I have literally never once said "the Hunter needs to move in order to think". I am saying the Hunter needs to move in order to activate his escape plan. Thought is another requirement. Please understand what I'm saying.

Speaking as someone who has witnessed you bend Bloodborne logic before in this thread, forgive me if I do not believe your reasoning.

He doesnt need to move in orer to activate his escape as his escape is activated by thinking

I have not now nor would i ever bend logic for any verse no matter how much i like it

Saying the Hunter needs to move to activate the Bold Hunter's Mark is like saying Bayonetta needs to dodge to activate Witch Time

By thinking and moving, yes.

Weekly you stated MP would puppy guard Hunter regardless of the fact that A. MP in character abandons Hunters to find new candidates and B. Resurrection is explicitly only triggered on death. Forgive me if I don't believe you still.

Saying the Hunter needs to move to activate the Hunter's Mark is like saying Horzine Mercs need to do something cool in order to activate ZED time.

...oh wait...

No, just by thinking, moving is a game mechanic and nothing more

The Hunter's immortality is literally reliant on the Moon Presence and the Hunter's Dream. The Moon Presence has not ever abandoned candidates, what are you talking about? Seeing what youre arguiong forgive me for not believeing you either.

You have no way of proving it is a game mechanic.

Yes it has. Eileen and Djura both have been in the dream and yet, Oedon's children (Rom, Ebrietas, Mergo) remain alive. It left them for some reason we can only speculate on. I have brought this up multiple times.

Our Hunter is not special. Moon Presence can find another Hunter.

I do, the lore. Lore says its just activated with a thought. That is proof.

iirc They broke the contract willingly.

Proof she would? Why would she bother bringing the hunte rback to life over and over again if she can just find another one?

"In recent years, it seems like numerous individuals have forgotten this basic meaning and arbitrarily call matters that aren't game mechanics, game mechanics."

The lore said a thought is required, not that an action is not. Both coexist in this case. Already said that. Next.

Based on what?

See above. Eileen. Djura. She's found other Hunters and, if we are to be making basis in lore, it seems a lot more Hunters have passed through the Hunter's Dream, what with the grave stones and all. And yet, Oedon's children remain. Additionally, the simple answer is because the dream does it for her. The complicated answer is there is no answer set in stone due to the nature of the game, Great Ones and their ideologies are purposefully kept ambiguous. It doesn't matter her reasoning, it only matters that it HAS happened.

Weekly, if anything the lore seems to imply that remembering without viewing the memento of the bold mark is too hard to be practical. While the ability itself may not require moving, he doesn't really do it without the added help of pulling out the mark, which does. Now, he does have an entire day to remember, but it's not just "lolthoughtbasedtemporalreset" like you're making it out to be.

The sheet of whatever he pulls out is what he uses to jog his memory and forcibly awake. While he has the capacity to force an awakening with or without page due to the nature of the ability, he's never been shown doing so without it.

There is no paper, hell even the basic Hunter's Mark makes no mention of it being on paper, only something that exists in his mind

Something not being stated in lore and being shown gameplay wise is not contradictory, and as such wouldn't be immedately thrown out as game mechanics. Not ebrytbever needs to be explicitly stated in lore to be Canon

Wokistan, only the Bold Hunter's Mark has paper, which helps the Hunter do it efficiently. The OG version does not require an object but does require an action. To be fair, Weekly is correct in that one facet of their argument, the Hunter's Mark requires no object as a focus. Bold Hunter's Mark does require a focus, though- a piece of parchment on which the mark is scrawled.

The matter of needing a focus is of no consequence, however. My argument is that movement is needed.

If the regular mark doesnfMark doesn't need an object, I don't remember it needing movement.

Wok and Bambu make good sense here.

How they *can* and how they *actually* use it is two separate things. If they need to pull out the mark to use every time, and getting hit/interrupted cancels it out, it's just fallacious to assume that the Hunter would timereset with a thought when petrified.

Regardless the Hunter isn't escaping petrification.

How they actually use it is a game mechanic that in context with the actual ability makes no logical sense. For the umpteenth time there is nothing to pull out, its literally something in their mind. The Marks arent physical objects in any way shape or form and hence dont require movement to use.

The mark would allow him to escape petrification.

Game Mechanics

Read it. A character moving is not a gameplay mechanic lol. It just isn't.

I once again bring up the bayonetta comparison, saying that the hunter needs to move to think is like saying Bayonetta actually needs to dodge something every time she wants to activate Witch Time

Except that truly is just a game mechanic, where this is just an action the Hunter takes.

It isn't game mechanics, and considering literally the entire fight hinges on you arbitrarily defining this as game mechanics, I fail to see your remaining points.

Both are game mechanics, both are thought-activated abilities that require actual actions in game for balancing purposes despite not actually needing them

It is thought activated and requires another action to complement that thought. Nothing in the lore contradicts that, all the lore states is that thought is additionally required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back