• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Hunter (Bloodborne) vs. Azami (Mekakucity)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dargoo Faust said:
Azami's ability is the same as Marry's. The stone effect of it doesn't change that it leaves people alive and thinking as it functions the same on a core level.
Oh so they stay thinking? Then the Hunter Bold Hunter Marks to reverse the effect

WeeklyBattles said:
Yes we would as we know how it thinks, we dont need to assume anything as we already know what it would do
When has the Hunter been permamently incapped?

Okay, there isn't an instance of this happening....

Yes, you need to assume a lot of things.

Looking at Brain of Mensis doesn't petrify you Wokistan. It looking at you can cause you to get Frenzy (go mad).

Wokistan said:
That video says for a few minutes, and what's to stop the hunter from mantaining eye contact? Already dealt with the Brain of Mensis which was sorta like that. Though, I also don't see a way around the data thing. At best, this seems inconclusive. At worst a stomp if bloodborne can't affect the other.
Azami's ability is an enhanced version of Marry's; she doesn't need to maintain eye contact with her victims.

And yes, I support inconclusive. Azami can enter her digital form if she thinks she is in danger's way, and the Hunter can't do anything to her at that point.

Mr. Bambu said:
@Weekly Metaphors are metaphors. The point is, something may seem dead if it isn't. No strawman in my threads.
And false equivalencies are false equivalencies. Thats like saying someone who was shot with a water gun and unaffected would be fine after being shot with a real gun

Dargoo Faust said:
Azami's ability is the same as Marry's. The stone effect of it doesn't change that it leaves people alive and thinking as it functions the same on a core level.
Oh so they stay thinking? Then the Hunter Bold Hunter Marks to reverse the effect

The hunter doesn't need to move to use the bold charm that's an animation for the game; the item says you just need to focus on the signal (which the hunter is going to have plenty of time to do)

I meant the brain of mensis as an example of the hunger dealing with people who they shouldn't look at due to their abilities.

Once again, strawman. We've shown proof that Hunter is alive in petrification, you can consider it dead all you like, it isn't.

Back to the actual discussion, please? Hunter loses. Azami can petrify, BFR, and has the ability to become Data, which the Hunter can't counter. In character, Azami defaults to the first. The Hunter can feasibly mindhax Azami, but that is in one of few scenarios.

TL;DR, regardless of the various arguments provided, I=nothing has been debunked.. at all. I vote for Azami despite my long lasting love for Bloodborne.

WeeklyBattles said:
https://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Bold+Hunter's+Mark
"Dangling, upside-down rune etched in the mind of a hunter.

This reminder allows one to envision the rune with clarity.

Allows a hunter to awaken again without losing Blood Echoes, a trick that seems nearly too good to be true."

He doesnt need to move, just to think. What youre looking at is the regular Hunter's Mark
Alright then.

Azami turns into her digital state, and neither can do anything to the other.

Inconclusive.

@Bambu Cool, if the Hunter can still think while petrified he uses the Bold Hunter Mark to undo it.

BFR gets undone by Bold Hunter's Mark

Data isnt combat applicable

@Weekly Incorrect again. The Bold Hunter's mark requires activation, same as the normal one.

Pls specify blodletter as starting weapo

Im personally thinking inconclusive as of now, not sure though.

Mr. Bambu said:
@Weekly Incorrect again. The Bold Hunter's mark requires activation, same as the normal one.
No it doesnt, thats just an in-game animation. you dont need to move to use a thought

But that revolves around the moon presence ******* off because the hunter isn't dead despite that not being why the presence wants him; if the hunter was ripped in half but survived the presence won't just awkwardly stare at him. It would reset time. It resets time even when the hunter is fighting it

WeeklyBattles said:
@Bambu
Data isnt combat applicable
No, it is. She can't use it to harm the Hunter, but she can certainly turn into data, making herself unable to be harmed.

I have no clue where you're getting that idea.

@Weekly Literally both of the Hunter's Marks require movement have you ever used these items

Mr. Bambu said:
@Weekly Literally both of the Hunter's Marks require movement have you ever used these items
Yes, the bold hunter's mark isnt a physical ibject its just a thing the hunter can think of, all it is is an in game animation, he doesnt need to move to think

WeeklyBattles said:
Yes, the bold hunter's mark isnt a physical ibject its just a thing the hunter can think of, all it is is an in game animation, he doesnt need to move to think
Wait, isn't it a peice of paper in their inventory? It'd get turned to stone like the Hunter.

"Just an in-game animation, the fact that the Hunter needs to move to use these items and if he is interrupted he cancels it out is immaterial because..."?

Yes. The Bold Hunter's Mark is an item that you find. The Hunter's Mark also needs movement to be activated. This isn't some secret knowledge, saying otherwise is just blatantly ignoring a pretty obvious fact.

The problem I have here is that it says "beginning of the game hunter", most people playing BB would agree beginning of the game is before either Amelia or Gascoigne, in which case he does not have the Bloodletter or any other tools to help him except his normal weapons like the Saw Cleaver, Hunter's axe, Saw Spear, etc.

But no arcane weapons or mind-hax tools, only physical and the flame-sprayer (essentialy a gardening can shaped flame thrower) and he can stop regen with Numbing mist, but not much more.

Weekly you should really show some proof of that, as what everyone knows about the ability seems to contradict what you've found on it.

Mefre said:
The problem I have here is that it says "beginning of the game hunter", most people playing BB would agree beginning of the game is before either Amelia or Gascoigne, in which case he does not have the Bloodletter or any other tools to help him except his normal weapons like the Saw Cleaver, Hunter's axe, Saw Spear, etc.
But no arcane weapons or mind-hax tools, only physical and the flame-sprayer (essentialy a gardening can shaped flame thrower) and he can stop regen with Numbing mist, but not much more.
So yeah, this is looking more and more like Incon.

Mr. Bambu said:
"Just an in-game animation, the fact that the Hunter needs to move to use these items and if he is interrupted he cancels it out is immaterial because..."?
There are many game animations that exist just to be animations; if it wasn't animated the game would be called lazy, also I image getting hit in the face would stop me from thinking of an weird looking signal

@Mefre To my knowledge "Beginning of Game" means pretty much everything before the exact end of the game.

Pretty sure you can get bloodletter before Amelia. That's always been considered avaliblr to BoG Hunter. Mark me down for inconclusive for the reasons scattered throughout this thread.

@Keeweed That is what I'd call selectively choosing what is and isn't good purely for the sake of winning a thread.

The game requires you to move. If these movements are halted, you are halted from proceeding. I can't pop a Bold Hunter's mid-combat and expect that I won't be smacked, nullifying it since I didn't finish the movements.

That's how the item works. Saying otherwise is a lie.

I'm going to take a break, but yeah, this looks like incon. Once Azami enters her digital form, she can't be attacked in any way by the Hunter.

@Wokistan You can't, but it shouldn't matter. Bloodletter comes from the DLC, which is only accesible directly after Amelia (literally the item to access the DLC comes immediately after you beat Amelia).

Well (the grand majority of players) considers everything before amelia early/ beginning of the game, and everything from Amelia to The One Reborn Mid game, and Mergo's loft and DLC late game/ end of game.

So this really depends on defenition.

I leaning to the hunter but possibly inconclusive he possibly can't hit data but he can hit souls, mindhax souls, and hit intangibles so idk if he can hit data or not

The profile lists all abilities prior to beating the game, simplest to use that.

For the purpose of this wiki, if it's before a call beyond it's early game. Bloodletter is a thing that he is allowed to have.

Then yeah, I just don't believe it changes anything. For the Hunter, there's no reason to open with the Bloodletter over any other weapon. I believe that the Bloodletter is the Hunter's only method of winning, as opposed to Azami's two.

Mr. Bambu said:
@Keeweed That is what I'd call selectively choosing what is and isn't good purely for the sake of winning a thread.
Look I really don't care if the hunter wins or not; but if the item description in a game were all the lore is in item descriptions I'm basing what the item does on those descriptions because sometimes game animations don't match the lore (Geralt, Dragonborn, and chosen undead all swinging there swords wrong and the Terrarian's swinging animation all come to mind).

@Bambu

We've already established BFR not working due to that item working across dimensions.

I feel like there is still a decent argument for Petrification, though. Although personally IDK if it's game mechanics or how it actually works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back