• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Hunter (Bloodborne) vs. Azami (Mekakucity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
I have a bad feeling this might end in a stomp on either side, but I'm interested in seeing how this plays out.

Azami's Combining Eyes are restricted, and this is Beginning of Game Hunter. Speed is equalized. Starting distance is 12 meters.

Azami : 2 (Bambu, DMUA)

The Hunter : 2 (Ricsi, Weekly)

Incon: 3 (Keeweed, Mefre, Wokistan)

HunterRender
Azami

Oh. Shit you made it. Didn't expect that, only suggested Hunter coz it was the first haxy 8-C I could think of.

Alright. So. Azami. Hunter resists mindhax like Perception Manip, I think, since they resist the mindhax of Great Ones, who appear not to be there. Azami can't really effectively put down the Hunter due to insta-resurrection, though she'd be immune to the timehax that goes with that.

Hunter almost certainly has no counter to Non-Corporeality (unless he fights Oedon and until then woohoo). Azami's main benefits here are Non-Corp, BFR to Heat Haze, and natural regen as opposed to manual healing.

Now then, Hunter. Assuming they have the choice of all their weapons, it is pretty much a dice's roll which they start with. On the off chance they bust out Bloodletter instantly, then Azami's mind is toast. That said, it is unlikely. So let's look at Hunter's other hax.

After a brief analysis, most of the Hunter's Hax depends on whether or not they'll whip it out immediately. Most of them also wouldn't instant end this match. I'm not sure Hunter being able to hit intangible beings (souls) affects Azami's particular brand of Non-Corporeal, since she is in fact digital in that form. Hunter's stat increase is reliant on beating the hell out of their opponent, and even then it lowers defense and doesn't do TONS.

The only ways I see Hunter winning are by always opening with Accursed Brew (which is a maybe at best, since curses are left ambiguous) or Bloodletter (because mindhax lol). Azami can BFR her opponent and petrify them, both of which are in character (the latter more than the former).

I vote for Azami.

The hunter can hit non-corporeals, so, wgy wouldnt it work with this one?

And I am pretty sure the moon presenece would still bring them back once petrified or bfr'd

I mean, Azami is non-corporeal through existing as digital data. It's a different type of non-corporeality, so I doubt being able to hit spirits would affect her.

Unless the Moon Presense has reverted dimensional BFR or petrification before, no. Neither of those attacks "kill" the Hunter, they just leave them in a state where they cannot fight back.

Eh.

Pretty sure you can summon things from the world of stars or something, dont know if its plain another dimension. As for petrification, it doesn't matter that the hunter doesnt die. The presence has a goal for him, ad she wouldnt just leave him as such.

"The world of stars" is just a far away cluster or galaxy at best. Also, Summoning stuff from a different universe doesn't mean you yourself can go to another universe.

Assuming the Presence would or could do that is NLF if it hasn't demonstrated it before. And again, there is nothing to ressurect; The Hunter's body's molecules have just been re-arranged.

How is saying that the bwing that can reverse time for you would not be able to just reverse time so that petrification didn't happen, to your body as azami wouldnt be affected.

And if it can summon things from other dimension, which I think it can, that the presence absolutly can just fling the hunter back

When has the Presence ever reversed time to save the Hunter when they aren't dead? You can get status effects plenty of times in the game and the Presence doesn't do anything. It has only intervened when you die.

You're assuming the Presence could do stuff it has never demonstrated in character.

The claim that it can summon stuff from other dimensions is also dubious at best.

Yes, thee Hunter would be resurrected after being petrified, and he can return from being BFRed with the Bold Hunter's Mark

Its a sentient being that wants you to do a thing, and the status effect are neither permanent nor cripplong.

What? The ressurection works vy reversing time, and I dont see why petrification couldn't be reversed.

Ill look into that. They can make pocket dimensions at will tough. Plus it did summon a soul of a dead woman from somewhere.

Petrification wouldn't kill the Hunter, they wouldn't ressurect.

Can the Bold Hunter's Mark work across dimensions?

It automatically activates the ressurection that takes place upon death, it would reverse time to the point before he was BFRed

Heat Daze is a seperate universe with its own time. IDK how timehax would move him across a dimensional barrier.

I still see no reason as to why they'd come back after Petrification.

Bloodborne has multiple alternate pocket realities and the Mark works just fine

I see no reason why the Hunter cant just Bloodletter madness manip her to death or vegitation

Also just gonna point out that Azami's incorporeal form is solely for a form used to hack machines, not something for a fight

Also, if her petrification works by literally turning her opponent completely into stone then yes the resurrection would take effect as the Hunter wouldnt be alive anymore

WeeklyBattles said:
Bloodborne has multiple alternate pocket realities and the Mark works just fine
I see no reason why the Hunter cant just Bloodletter madness manip her to death or vegitation
What says that's their first move? Where's the evidence that those are pocket realities?

Azami consistently starts with Mindhax + Petrification in quick succession. Unless this is a perfect world where they always start with Bloodletter, Azami petrifies them.

If the Hunter is forcibly thrown into an alternate reality? Extremely likely seeing as its activated with a thought.

Mind hax wont work and if her petrification works by literally turning her opponent completely into stone then yes the resurrection would absolutely take effect as the Hunter wouldnt be alive anymore

WeeklyBattles said:
If the Hunter is forcibly thrown into an alternate reality? Extremely likely seeing as its activated with a thought.
Mind hax wont work and if her petrification works by literally turning her opponent completely into stone then yes the resurrection would absolutely take effect as the Hunter wouldnt be alive anymore
I don't understand how that increases the likely hood of them using one of hundreds of attacks. I'm talking about Bloodletter.

Transmutation/Petrification don't typically "kill" people. Azami's petrification, like Marry's eyes, can be reverted on her command. So, unless it's explicitly stated the people are dead while petrified, The Hunter isn't coming back.

Oh, thats what you meant. The Hunter retains all memories of the opponent he fights and that kill him, allowing him to create countermeasures to better fight them including picking better weapons and equipment

Proof it works like that?

The ressurection activates once your unable to do what the presence wants you to do. Status effect you can get over, petrification you cant. I see no real reason why this would be counted as alive by her.

And I am pretty sure its made pretty clear that they are pocket dimensions. And doesnt the ressurection litiraly throw you in the presences own pocket dimension?

I mean, his ressurection works because of a sentient being wanting him to stay alive. I highly doubt she would stop because of formalities like that.

Just look at Marry Kozakura's profile. Once Marry's ability deactivates, the people are no longer frozen in place. It's explicitly stated that her ability is a lesser form of Azami's.

I'd like proof on Bold Hunter's Mark working in pocket dimensions.

No, she wouldn't. The MP has never done something like that and it is fallacious to assume it would start doing that. It only intervenes on death, otherwise the Hunter would fly back to the Dream every time they were stunned.

What your saying is severe NLF. You're practically arguing "well Hunter is immune to being incapped because MP would just bring it out of that state", when it has never done that before.

Also, Petrification/Tranmutation by default don't kill. The Hunter's spirit wouldn't leave the body, nor would they be dead, their body is simply in another state of being. Unless Azami's petrification is stated to kill, it wouldn't.

And the presence would know that?

Exept being transformed into stone, with no signs of transformin back, would almost certanly make moon think that its permanent, and as such death.

Seriously, there is saying non incharacter, and than there is saying that they would be sitting ducks the moment something new they havent met happens

You're assuming things again. We need to look at how the presense acts and functions in the game, not whatever ideal situation you have in your head.

The presense has never acted when the Hunter was trapped or incapped before. It shouldn't now. End of story.

Dargoo Faust said:
You're assuming things again. We need to look at how the presense acts and functions in the game, not whatever ideal situation you have in your head.

The presense has never acted when the Hunter was trapped or incapped before. It shouldn't now. End of story.
No actually he's correct, the Moon Presence would in fact return the Hunter if the Hunter were petrified and there was no indication that he would be unpetrified

Dreams/Nightmares are not universes, Weekly.

No actually he's correct, the Moon Presence would in fact return the Hunter if the Hunter were petrified and there was no indication that he would be unpetrified

Please give me evidence that would point to this. As in, actions it actually took in-game.

WeeklyBattles said:
Dargoo Faust said:
Dreams/Nightmares are not universes, Weekly.
theyre pocket realities, not literal dreams/nightmares. the size of them doesnt in any way matter
I'm not talking about size.

A dream is something that is distinctly different from an entire universe with space and time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back