• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Human Monster

Azathoth_the_Abyssal_Idiot

VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
Okay, this one I kinda wish I didn't have to make a whole thread about because it's so simple. Might as well flesh it out a bit to make it more worthy of an actual thread.

Anyway, is there a reason we rank Monster Garou as 6-B and not 6-A like Boros? Not only does it seem kind of random, but also, here's a translation from an interview with ONE regarding the subject.

"Garou vs Boros, who would win, you ask? Before (pre-monster Garou), it was quite obvious Boros was ways above him. But now that Garou has basically become the perfect monster, it is hard to tell who would win, it would've been one hell of a battle. I do believe that Garou is stronger in close combat, where he would simply dodge all punches and kicks."

So not only are Garou and Boros apparently nearly equal, but Garou would also have the edge in CQC. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

This seems reasonable. However, if you prefer to inform people some other way, you can just mention it in the Garou talk page instead.

That said, Garou has not turned into his perfect monster form yet in the new manga continuity, so I am uncertain if we should rate him that high yet?

Antvasima said:
That said, Garou has not turned into his perfect monster form yet in the new manga continuity, so I am uncertain if we should rate him that high yet?
Doesn't Monster Garou already have stats on his page?

Apparently yes. Still, it is kind of strange to mix two continuities on his page.

I dont think garou should have those stats yet.We are going by the redrawn version and not the original we should just wait until he achieves his transformation in the redrawn version.

The redrawn version also tends to make the characters stronger than protrayed in the original so its also likely garou will get more feats in the redrawn version.

Okay. I could remove it. But I also find it extremely unlikely that his current form has enough power to be comparable to somebody able to destroy a city in one blow.

Garou really doesnt have alot of raw power he mainly has immense speed and incredible martials arts techniques. One the author said garou and boros were equal but that boros had more raw power but garou was more skilled i believe.

Celestial Pegasus said:
Garou really doesnt have alot of raw power he mainly has immense speed and incredible martials arts techniques. One the author said garou and boros were equal but that boros had more raw power but garou was more skilled i believe.
IIRC, ONE pointed out that Boros would be at an advantage at range, while up close, Garou could likely overwhelm him with raw skill and speed.

Yeah. I just find it weird that we use the statistics from the original series, but if you think that it is fine, and his statistics will be identical, I suppose that it is all right.

Antvasima said:
Yeah. I just find it weird that we use the statistics from the original series, but if you think that it is fine, and his statistics will be identical, I suppose that it is all right.
I think it should be fine, unless something in the manga version happens that causes a significant difference in Monster Garou's stats, though that can just as easily be changed if it comes up.

Back