• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boros possibly ftl crt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently Boros’ justification for speed ratings come from his confidence scaling and being able to surprise saitama.
It should be noted that both of these justifications do suggest ftl
1. Boros surprising Saitama was something that was only recreated by cosmic Garou, while a fully evolved monster Garou failed to do this.

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0254.jpg

notice how these 2 moments are intentionally extremely similar, and these are the ONLY two times that saitama makes this expression.
This is not evidence that Boros is as fast as cosmic Garou was, but it does suggest that meteoric burst Boros is faster than monster Garou. Flashy flash also was only “kinda fast” but didn’t surprise saitama at all, so he doesn’t scale to this either.

2. The current justification of Boros’ confidence scaling after witnessing saitama fighting Geryuganshoop. Given that the different is literally .02c between the saitama catching rocks feat and the feat that monster Garou scales above, it does give additional consistency to Boros being ftl.

TL;DR: at least relativistic+, possibly FTL (was able to surprise saitama, which is a feat that Garou was only able to replicate after he had been given god’s power. Was still confident he could end the fight quickly after seeing saitama effortlessly intercept Geryuganshoop’s attacks)

It is less likely that this could scale to his armored or released forms, but if this is accepted then that can be discussed next.

The actual value he’s scaling from is just upscaling from monster garou’s rating, which massively upscales from 4.32c

Disagree.

IMG_0254.jpg

notice how these 2 moments are intentionally extremely similar, and these are the ONLY two times that saitama makes this expression.
This is not evidence that Boros is as fast as cosmic Garou was, but it does suggest that meteoric burst Boros is faster than monster Garou. Flashy flash also was only “kinda fast” but didn’t surprise saitama at all, so he doesn’t scale to this either.
Saitama there is clearly reacting to the light produced by the nuclear fission fist, not the speed of it.

With Boros, Saitama reacted when Boros was approaching to him (which implies he's reacting to its speed), with Garou, Saitama reacted when Garou's fist started to glow (you can see it into his face) which refers to the explosion, not the speed
2. The current justification of Boros’ confidence scaling after witnessing saitama fighting Geryuganshoop. Given that the different is literally .02c between the saitama catching rocks feat and the feat that monster Garou scales above, it does give additional consistency to Boros being ftl.
No. Boros scales to Geryuganshoop's rock throwing, not Saitama reacting to it. The explanation in the profile makes it pretty clear, but anyway, if he scaled to the FTL value he'd be possibly FTL, not possibly higher

To be fair Saitama has seen many flashy attacks in the past. Orochi's Gaia canon as well but never reacts in this manner.

I'm quite skeptical on scaling based of Saitama's reactions, but I'll wait for more strongly opinionated people to come in and give their two cents before changing from neutral to either fully agreeing or fully disagreeing.

Saitama also didn't react to Orochi's gaia cannon nor to Garou's last form with nothing but being bored yet both feats are greater than Boros'. Saitama also reacted with both Garou and FF as "kinda fast" despite the first is way faster than the latter, so that proves nothing.

And do not compare a flash attack which happens many meters to your face when you're bathing (and as consequence not paying atention) to a punch that started to glow with a intensity which can be seen in the scan used directly in front of your face.

Saitama there is clearly reacting to the light produced by the nuclear fission fist, not the speed of it.
Boros didn’t move he only moved the photons
Saitama when he sees Gaia cannon “stop splashing in the tub dumbass”
So no, he does not care about bright lights, or else literally any explosion he’s been in would be amazing to him. Absolutely terrible argument.
With Boros, Saitama reacted when Boros was approaching to him (which implies he's reacting to its speed), with Garou, Saitama reacted when Garou's fist started to glow (you can see it into his face) which refers to the explosion, not the speed
Ignoring the fact that bright lights have never been a warrant for any kind of reaction from saitama, you’re literally just arguing in favor of Boros being faster than cosmic Garou, which doesn’t even help your case
No. Boros scales to Geryuganshoop's rock throwing, not Saitama reacting to it. The explanation in the profile makes it pretty clear, but anyway, if he scaled to the FTL value he'd be possibly FTL, not possibly higher
Which is what the crt is aiming to change…I know for a fact that you did not just go onto a thread made to change the speed section and use the speed section as your evidence that it’s not true, what are you doing man. This crt is literally to make it say possibly ftl, that’s why it’s here in the first place.

Saitama also didn't react to Orochi's gaia cannon nor to Garou's last form with nothing but being bored yet both feats are greater than Boros'.
Saitama doesn’t even react to the brightness of Boros’ released energy blast which was presumably bright as **** and melted everything around it. Although he did call him pretty strong so another boros W.
Anyways “saitama didn’t react to either of those but both of them are greater than boros” when you are trying to say that saitama was only reacting to the brightness of garou’s attack. What exactly is your argument here??? I genuinely don’t get why you went from brightness of attacks to orochi’s AP.

Saitama also reacted with both Garou and FF as "kinda fast" despite the first is way faster than the latter, so that proves nothing.
And I explained this quite clearly in the original post but whatever.
Saitama said flashy was kinda fast, which warrants him being better than Geryuganshoop, but he never was actually surprised by the attack. The statement never actually indicates any kind of surprise from saitama, giving a hero a compliment is very much different from Saitama going from casual looking to having an actual wide eye look of shock in reaction to an attack. Unless you wanna say that human Garou is faster than monster Garou too I think it’s safe to rule this out as nothing
But then again it’d be entirely possible for flashy’s scaling to be axed, although I don’t agree with that since he wasn’t really shown to be like 100 blitzes below platinum sperm or anything and they were still fighting for an extended period of time, so flashy being sub rela doesn’t seem to make any kind of sense. Flashy flash has more going for him than just a flimsy “kinda fast” statement which doesn’t actually indicate saitama being impressed to any noteable degree.

Boros didn’t move he only moved the photons
Saitama when he sees Gaia cannon “stop splashing in the tub dumbass”
So no, he does not care about bright lights, or else literally any explosion he’s been in would be amazing to him. Absolutely terrible argument.
Saitama also didn't react to Orochi's gaia cannon nor to Garou's last form with nothing but being bored yet both feats are greater than Boros'. Saitama also reacted with both Garou and FF as "kinda fast" despite the first is way faster than the latter, so that proves nothing.

And do not compare a flash attack which happens many meters to your face when you're bathing (and as consequence not paying atention) to a punch that started to glow with a intensity which can be seen in the scan used directly in front of your face.
^
Ignoring the fact that bright lights have never been a warrant for any kind of reaction from saitama, you’re literally just arguing in favor of Boros being faster than cosmic Garou, which doesn’t even help your case
No, I'm not. I'm arguing that scaling Boros to FTL because of "!!" is not a solid argument.
Which is what the crt is aiming to change…I know for a fact that you did not just go onto a thread made to change the speed section and use the speed section as your evidence that it’s not true, what are you doing man. This crt is literally to make it say possibly ftl, that’s why it’s here in the first place.
You're using the same justification for your thread ._. I'm just stating that Boros does not scale for FTL right now, so you can't say that as a supporting evidence right now.

Anyway, I'm not against upscaling Boros to the speed of Saitama reacting to Geryuganshoop. I'm against scaling Boros to Garou just because of a "!!"

I don’t know if you’ve realized this but, when you don’t need things to touch your face for you to see how bright they are. That’s kinda how light works.
No, I'm not. I'm arguing that scaling Boros to FTL because of "!!" is not a solid argument.

You're using the same justification for your thread ._. I'm just stating that Boros does not scale for FTL right now, so you can't say that as a supporting evidence right now.

Anyway, I'm not against upscaling Boros to the speed of Saitama reacting to Geryuganshoop. I'm against scaling Boros to Garou just because of a "!!"
It’s called supporting evidence. Garou and The rock throwing feat have almost the exact same speed value, which makes Boros’ feat of surprising saitama combined with Geryuganshoop fighting saitama become a more consistent showing of Boros being possibly ftl

Saitama doesn’t even react to the brightness of Boros’ released energy blast which was presumably bright as **** and melted everything around it. Although he did call him pretty strong so another boros W.
Anyways “saitama didn’t react to either of those but both of them are greater than boros” when you are trying to say that saitama was only reacting to the brightness of garou’s attack. What exactly is your argument here??? I genuinely don’t get why you went from brightness of attacks to orochi’s AP.
What is my argument? Saitama's reactions are not worth to scaling. He does not consistently react to strength (in fact it's the opposite), so assuming he does for speed is just wrong.

And do not take both parts of the message as just one to make it worse, bruh. Saitama reacting to the brightness is to disprove he's reacting to the speed, Saitama not reacting to beings stronger than Boros is to disprove his reactions mean anything in scaling.
Unless you wanna say that human Garou is faster than monster Garou too I think it’s safe to rule this out as nothing
No I'm not. I'm just saying that scale characters based on Saitama's impression of them is not worth enough for even a "possibly". Bruh

I don’t know if you’ve realized this but, when you don’t need things to touch your face for you to see how bright they are. That’s kinda how light works.
I've already explained that it's pretty clear if you're not paying atention to someone you wouldn't react the same way than if the light is literally in front of your face.

And in fact, Garou's light is way more intense, do not compare it with Orochi's light which is a mere glow
It’s called supporting evidence. Garou and The rock throwing feat have almost the exact same speed value
in fact I think the value accepted in the calc is 2+c, not 4+c.

But anyway, Boros scaling to Geryuganshoop has nothing to do with Boros scaling to Garou because of a "!!".
which makes Boros’ feat of surprising saitama combined with Geryuganshoop fighting saitama become a more consistent showing of Boros being possibly ftl
I mean, in fact, Boros surprising Saitama only means Boros came to Saitama faster than the rocks, not that he's faster than Saitama reacting to such rocks

What is my argument? Saitama's reactions are not worth to scaling. He does not consistently react to strength (in fact it's the opposite), so assuming he does for speed is just wrong.
Out of curiosity what are all the times that saitama’s reacted wrong the strength? Anyways we already use saitama being impressed by speed as evidence for the higher rating Boros has to begin with, especially since the rating has been there since before the feat of Garou surprising saitama so of course nobody would have thought of this scaling. The fact remains that saitama is not impressed by the speed of perfect garou’s attacks, while he is impressed by Boros, which is a clear cut case of A>B
No I'm not. I'm just saying that scale characters based on Saitama's impression of them is not worth enough for even a "possibly". Bruh
You do not seem to grasp the difference between Saitama nonchalantly saying “you’re kinda fast” and being more wide eyed than a mr beast thumbnail when Boros goes super speed mode

Out of curiosity what are all the times that saitama’s reacted wrong the strength?
Garou (all its increases of power), Orochi, Gouketsu if you take in consideration the possibly, Tatsumaki, and maybe I'm leaving some behind. But those are the ones which first came to my mind
Anyways we already use saitama being impressed by speed as evidence for the higher rating Boros has to begin with, especially since the rating has been there since before the feat of Garou surprising saitama so of course nobody would have thought of this scaling.
Which, as I told you, I agree that it may grant an upgrade. But that's not the purpose of your thread, but to upscale Boros to Garou
The fact remains that saitama is not impressed by the speed of perfect garou’s attacks, while he is impressed by Boros, which is a clear cut case of A>B
And here we come again... Saitama's impressions are not enough for scaling.
You do not seem to grasp the difference between Saitama nonchalantly saying “you’re kinda fast” and being more wide eyed than a mr beast thumbnail when Boros goes super speed mode
I see the difference. But you don't seem to understand that I'm not saying "you're kinda fast"="!!", but that as well as Saitama told two characters with a vast speed difference that they're "kinda fast", he could just not be impressed by Garou's speed because of an inconsistence.

You can even argue Saitama was only impressed at Boros' speed because it's speed amplification was higher than what he expected and it'd be more solid than him scaling to Garou

I've already explained that it's pretty clear if you're not paying atention to someone you wouldn't react the same way than if the light is literally in front of your face.
And there is still not a shred of evidence to suggest that saitama was surprised by the light instead of the speed, yet you’re literally asserting it as fact. Saitama didn’t even react the same way to the darkness of a literal black hole, which is way darker than the nuclear fission is bright.
This is a silly argument on the level of the photon shifting sp^2 arguments, and quite literally has no basis other than “well he COULD just be really impressed at the brightness” when there’s not even half of a half of a statement or anything suggesting it
Saitama cares much more about having a good fight than about people looking flashy. There is no reason why he would be more excited by a bright light than someone being faster than he’s seen before. It’s quite ridiculous that you would even suggest something this insanely unsupported for no other reason than to try and shoot down the thread.
And in fact, Garou's light is way more intense, do not compare it with Orochi's light which is a mere glow
The brightness of an attack is not saitama’s priority.
in fact I think the value accepted in the calc is 2+c, not 4+c.

But anyway, Boros scaling to Geryuganshoop has nothing to do with Boros scaling to Garou because of a "!!".
It’s called consistency. It means Boros has multiple routes where he arrives at this range of ftl. Not a complicated topic.
I mean, in fact, Boros surprising Saitama only means Boros came to Saitama faster than the rocks, not that he's faster than Saitama reacting to such rocks
This wasn’t part of my argument anyways, since the Geryuganshoop business is confidence scaling after seeing saitama catch his attacks, not the surprise scaling.

Justification 1: Boros surprised saitama, ftl Garou didn’t
Justification 2: Boros was confident he could take saitama after seeing saitama perform an ftl feat, suggesting that his fastest form is possibly scaling from that

Justification 1 + 2 combined = consistency

And there is still not a shred of evidence to suggest that saitama was surprised by the light instead of the speed, yet you’re literally asserting it as fact.
I'm not asserting it as a fact, both assumptions are equally valid because impressions are like that... just impressions. You can't get too much context for just a "!!"
Saitama didn’t even react the same way to the darkness of a literal black hole, which is way darker than the nuclear fission is bright.
Darkness =/= light
There is no reason why he would be more excited by a bright light than someone being faster than he’s seen before. It’s quite ridiculous that you would even suggest something this insanely unsupported for no other reason than to try and shoot down the thread.
Why do you interpret "!!" as excitement? !! means impression, you can be impressed because of something yet not being excited for it at the very least.

And, to add up, Saitama wasn't excited to fight Cosmic Garou, yet he was excited to fight Boros... another proof of Saitama being wrong in strength, since you for those asked a bit ago
It’s called consistency. It means Boros has multiple routes where he arrives at this range of ftl. Not a complicated topic.
Just because one route is right doesn't mean the others are too
Justification 1: Boros surprised saitama, ftl Garou didn’t
Justification 2: Boros was confident he could take saitama after seeing saitama perform an ftl feat, suggesting that his fastest form is possibly scaling from that

Justification 1 + 2 combined = consistency
Justification 1 is wrong as I've explained.

Justification 2 could be ok if we use confidence scaling.

Garou (all its increases of power), Orochi, Gouketsu if you take in consideration the possibly, Tatsumaki, and maybe I'm leaving some behind. But those are the ones which first came to my mind
None of these are what I was trying to ask for. I needed examples of saitama wrongly having statements implying character A> or =character B. Also he treats orochi like a joke, and the only other characters he’s called strong are Boros who orochi doesn’t actually scale above, and cosmic Garou who is infinitely above orochi

Him calling Tatsumaki’s power only slightly stronger than fubuki is consistent because tatsumaki was literally HOLDING BACK, so you can’t use tatsumaki as evidence.
Which, as I told you, I agree that it may grant an upgrade. But that's not the purpose of your thread, but to upscale Boros to Garou
The purpose was to use the somewhat flimsy scaling from Garou and combine it with Boros confidence scaling above an ftl attack that’s even faster, and say that it’s fair enough to scale him above a slightly slower attack since it has consistency to it

None of these are what I was trying to ask for. I needed examples of saitama wrongly having statements implying character A> or =character B. Also he treats orochi like a joke, and the only other characters he’s called strong are Boros who orochi doesn’t actually scale above, and cosmic Garou who is infinitely above orochi
Orochi is right now stronger than Boros regarding statistics anyway, same with Monster Garou

And he didn't care about Cosmic Garou until the latter copied his serious punch even after being matched by a two-handed consecutive normal punches, despite Boros was blown apart by a one-handed consecutive normal punches
Him calling Tatsumaki’s power only slightly stronger than fubuki is consistent because tatsumaki was literally HOLDING BACK, so you can’t use tatsumaki as evidence.
I mean, Fubuki stated Tatsumaki was using her full power, Fubuki can sense psychic power and Fubuki sensed the power Tatsumaki used to crush Psykorochi, so for Fubuki to think she was using her full strength she should be using a strength comparable.
The purpose was to use the somewhat flimsy scaling from Garou and combine it with Boros confidence scaling above an ftl attack that’s even faster, and say that it’s fair enough to scale him above a slightly slower attack since it has consistency to it
I could agree that Boros should scale to Saitama reacting to Geryuganshoop by the same reason he scales right now to Rel+, but I don't agree with Boros scaling to Garou

I see the difference. But you don't seem to understand that I'm not saying "you're kinda fast"="!!", but that as well as Saitama told two characters with a vast speed difference that they're "kinda fast", he could just not be impressed by Garou's speed because of an inconsistence.
You admit that the kinda fast statements mean nothing, you admit that saitama being actively surprised by Boros is more solid then the former, then proceed to use the statements as counter evidence again.
Your arguments have no sense of continuity my man.
I'm not asserting it as a fact, both assumptions are equally valid because impressions are like that... just impressions. You can't get too much context for just a "!!"
Saitama cares about a good fight, saitama does not care about bright lights. The end.
Luckily the writer and author trusted the audience enough to not stupid here, so it’s pretty safe that saitama being surprised means that saitama was surprised. Usually authors and writers don’t elaborate on these things because, it would be dumb to see saitama with a wide eye expression after seeing a dude run at him and not conclude that he’s surprised by the dude who’s running at him.
If you admit that they are equally valid then you admit that a possibly rating works anyways, since that’s the exact situation is when it would be used.

Gonna cut my response short and being up the fact that you agree with scaling Boros to the Geryuganshoop feat, higher value, but say that he can’t scale above Garou, a lower value
Are you even rejecting the proposal?

Orochi is right now stronger than Boros regarding statistics anyway, same with Monster Garou
I mean it was accepted in the past that saitama considers Boros stronger than orochi, of course that’s not accepted anymore but it’s still highly debatable and not something that can be used as a valid counterargument
I mean, Fubuki stated Tatsumaki was using her full power, Fubuki can sense psychic power and Fubuki sensed the power Tatsumaki used to crush Psykorochi, so for Fubuki to think she was using her full strength she should be using a strength comparable.
Correction: tatsumaki only used her “full power” AFTER saitama said her power is similar to fubuki’s, so this is blatantly untrue.
And he didn't care about Cosmic Garou until the latter copied his serious punch even after being matched by a two-handed consecutive normal punches, despite Boros was blown apart by a one-handed consecutive normal punches
When he copied consecutive normal punches he scared saitama anyways so this doesn’t really count either.
Saitama not calling Garou strong at that point is different from orochi’s final attack being the equivalent of splashing in a pool, but this is a speed crt not a Boros scaling above orochi and cosmic Garou crt so whatever

Arguments are getting repetitive so I'm not gonna answer again what I've already answered
Gonna cut my response short and being up the fact that you agree with scaling Boros to the Geryuganshoop feat, higher value, but say that he can’t scale above Garou, a lower value
Are you even rejecting the proposal?
Yes, I am.

And scaling to Geryuganshoop =/= scaling to Garou. Because even if now Saitama reacting to Gery and Garou are somewhat comparable (which I'm kinda iffy because you're taking the highest end of the reaction speed of the feat, which I think it isn't the one accepted to be on the profiles), it doesn't mean they'd always be. If Monster Garou gets upgraded to a higher value, then Boros won't scale.

He'd upscale to Gery or, at best, Saitama reacting to Gery. The speed of that feat has nothing to do with me agreeing of Boros upscaling to Garou.

None of these characters besides Garou impressed Saitama in the slightest
Name some others that back up your statement or I'm inclined to believe your pulling this out your ass
Why do you interpret "!!" as excitement? !! means impression, you can be impressed because of something yet not being excited for it at the very least.

And, to add up, Saitama wasn't excited to fight Cosmic Garou, yet he was excited to fight Boros... another proof of Saitama being wrong in strength, since you for those asked a bit ago
Your using that one frame of him having a non-chalant expression to disregard Saitama's judgement of strength. He himself states in the fight that he had never felt this much emotion before, even quoting him as someone who can keep up with him. If anything this reinforces Saitama's judgement of strength as more valid.

Also nowhere in the Boros fight was Saitama excited, yet we still see him surprised in that one instance in the same way he was surprised by Garou's

This is the entire point of Saitama being apathetic to everyone he's ever fought. Is so that when they do manage to earn his praise or impress him in even the slightest bit, then we know that they are strong. So far Saitama's ratings and complements towards his enemies do not contradict what were shown, therefore I believe Saitama to be a good judge of strength

This along with his other feat of believing he could keep up with Saitama even AFTER he had demonstrated FTL movement makes me believe that a FTL rating is valid

Huh, know that you mentioned it, if we are going to scale Boros from Garou in speed, why not a/p?
Because Garou has better AP feats like matching consecutive normal punches. This is all based on how Saitama reacted to both character's movement speed.

Although all of the shots of Monster Garou in similar poses to Boros can't be a mistake, maybe the intent was for them to be comparable lol.

Would it finally be acceptable to have boros catching up to Saitama after launching him at rel speeds justification for ftl?

I dont see the logic?
Like I could get it if it was
“If Boros is able to kick saitama’s weight at rela+ speeds, then being able to move his legs without kicking saitama would let him move at ftl speeds”
But the problem is Boros is class G, and saitama’s weight wouldn’t make the difference between ftl and rela+ most likely, it would be like .0000000001% faster

Like I could get it if it was
“If Boros is able to kick saitama’s weight at rela+ speeds, then being able to move his legs without kicking saitama would let him move at ftl speeds”
But the problem is Boros is class G, and saitama’s weight wouldn’t make the difference between ftl and rela+ most likely, it would be like .0000000001% faster
No I say that because boros kicked Saitama to the moon at rel speeds. So if he launch him at rel speeds with his first punch and caught up,

Ftl.

I don't see any confirmation that it is the speed of the characters that Saitama is reacting to. And even if he was reacting to their speed in particular... There is no indication at all that Boros' speed is comparable to Garou's.

I don't think this is a solid basis for an FTL rating.

I don't see any confirmation that it is the speed of the characters that Saitama is reacting to. And even if he was reacting to their speed in particular... There is no indication at all that Boros' speed is comparable to Garou's.

I don't think this is a solid basis for an FTL rating.
there is nothing else that he would be reacting to since the only thing Boros did was run at him, and running = fast. That’s also what’s currently accepted on the profile.
The reasoning for their speed isn’t that cosmic Garou surprised him therefore Garou = Boros, it’s that I’m scaling Boros above garou’s monster form which wasn’t fast enough to surprise him either, so it’s possible that it indicates Meteoric Burst Boros being faster than perfect Garou with rage amps. He’s still probably slower than pre sp^2 cosmic garou though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back