• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boros possibly ftl crt

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wasn’t surprised at all, calling someone “kinda fast” is still << being visibly shocked by something. He literally just hit him because he was running at him and he knew he was trying to start a fight.
It’s astounding how far you’re trying to go with this very obviously unsubstantiated claim of “but Garou totally surprised saitama tho”
So you're only willing to accept the interpretations of artwork and context that support your bias, got it.

So you're only willing to accept the interpretations of artwork and context that support your bias, got it.
This, coming from the guy who said “saitama was only surprised by Garou because his attack was bright, there’s no way that it was because of his speed”
🗿

This, coming from the guy who said “saitama was only surprised by Garou because his attack was bright, there’s no way that it was because of his speed”
🗿
Rude for no reason and you're talking about a completely different person cause I never said that.

Inb4 the lock.

guess it was someone else, but that was still silly anyways
regardless, you’re still ignoring the fact that he literally only saw Garou when he was in Melee range already
it was a sneak attack, which is the only reason he was “surprised” (he was not surprised)

The Saitama who faced Boros is weaker than the Saitama who faced Garou.
Yes but here's the thing.

Days after he sparred with Genos, Saitama was able to tell Genos' speed had improved, so even though his power grows a bit each day, it doesn't skew his perception.

Saitama's head is already half-rotated to the point where Garou is at a minimum in his peripheral vision. Sweat drops on Saitama's face + "sorry you came at me kinda fast" = he was shocked
No? Shocked and caught off guard are different. He's saying he flinched and hit Garou too hard, which makes sense because, as you said, Garou is at the edge of his vision. His reaction to Garou's speed is very different from his reaction to Boros coming at him head on.

Yes but here's the thing.

Days after he sparred with Genos, Saitama was able to tell Genos' speed had improved, so even though his power grows a bit each day, it doesn't skew his perception.
That does not justify any of the original post's arguments. I am not saying Saitama is incapable of noticing the difference between someone's speed. I'm saying; what's considered IMPRESSIVE for an earlier Saitama is nothing to a newer Saitama. His perception of what's surprisingly fast does change, as well as his perception of what's actually strong, this was seen in Garou's fight with him. Both Garou's speed and power were slowly becoming boring for Saitama. Would he be impressed with Boros charging at him then? Obviously not. He'd consider him boring too.

I know current Saitama is not the one seen in the alternative timeline but it's just an example. Current Saitama is stronger and wouldn't consider Boros' speed to be impressive anymore, not only is his perception of what's fast improved, he ALREADY experienced Boros speed in the past, thus comparing the two is unfair in my opinion.

Aren’t the fights literally a few days apart?
Crazy reactive power level does that to ya, the narrator does say Saitama's growth has been passive, just unoticable due to lack of opponents who could measure such improvement in the first place since they are much weaker. This implies someone at Saitama's level would have noticed improvement in his abilities. I think this leaves the comparison in a state where it's impossible to determine if our current Saitama woud have the same reaction to Boros as he did in the past.

Saitama was able to say that Boros was the strongest he’d ever fought though, which would include monsters he fought when he was vastly weaker and they were actually capable of damaging him and blitzing him.
so I’d be doubtful to say that his AD over the years affects how he sees opponents.
But also his passive AD was unnoticed by anyone, which means it’s something that even saitama wouldn’t be able to tell at all, and the graph is essentially flat before the sp^2 happens so I doubt that it actually made any impact on his reactions to Garou and Boros.
But also it hasn’t even been a very long amount of time on top of that, the entire MA arc takes place in like a day or something doesn’t it?

Saitama was able to say that Boros was the strongest he’d ever fought though, which would include monsters he fought when he was vastly weaker and they were actually capable of damaging him and blitzing him.
so I’d be doubtful to say that his AD over the years affects how he sees opponents.
You're comparing oranges to apples. I never said he would be unable to recognize one's strength. What he perceives as "strong" and "fast" relative to himself does change, we quite literally see that in the Garou fight.

Also, current Saitama is not only stronger, but has already experienced Boros in the past, he would not be impressed by it again.
But also his passive AD was unnoticed by anyone-
Stop using a section of the sentence, the manga itself explains the only reason it's unnoticed is due to lack of opponents on the same strength. It directly implies that if there WERE any opponents of the same strength, it would be noticeable. Saitama doesn't notice it because he has no one to measure it from.

The comparison doesn't make sense and it's not plausible.

Guess I’ll also go ahead and clarify I still disagree with the flawed Boros/Monster Garou scaling, even in light of new arguments.

That does not justify any of the original post's arguments. I am not saying Saitama is incapable of noticing the difference between someone's speed. I'm saying; what's considered IMPRESSIVE for an earlier Saitama is nothing to a newer Saitama.
What I'm saying is the goal post doesn't change.

You're comparing oranges to apples. I never said he would be unable to recognize one's strength. What he perceives as "strong" and "fast" relative to himself does change, we quite literally see that in the Garou fight.
And I literally just showed you that saitama is capable of perceiving Boros as stronger than characters who in the past did way better than Boros relative to Saitama. In fact, him surprising Saitama wasn’t even something impressive relative to himself since he was still a few hundred times slower, the only reason he could have been surprised to begin with is because Boros is insanely fast relative to everyone else, not because he was actually blitzed or anything.
Saitama’s level of strength doesn’t even have anything to do with this, since he’s still a least a hundred times faster than both of them.

No? Shocked and caught off guard are different. He's saying he flinched and hit Garou too hard, which makes sense because, as you said, Garou is at the edge of his vision. His reaction to Garou's speed is very different from his reaction to Boros coming at him head on.
A lot of headcanon in this.....Shocked and caught off guard literally produce the same exact response. He quite literally says "you came at me kinda fast", meaning he perceived and observed his movements. I find this argument a bit incredulous when there are several examples of enemies catching Saitama completely off guard and he doesn't produce the same response.

I literally said disagrees with scaling boros to garou
what he agrees can be for possibly is scaling MB to gery

So then add that. The CRT's purpose isn't only to scale Boros to Garou, it's to scale Boros to FTL.

You saying that Mav disagreed makes it seem like she disagreed with the premise of the thread

And I literally just showed you that saitama is capable of perceiving Boros as stronger than characters who in the past did way better than Boros relative to Saitama. In fact, him surprising Saitama wasn’t even something impressive relative to himself since he was still a few hundred times slower, the only reason he could have been surprised to begin with is because Boros is insanely fast relative to everyone else, not because he was actually blitzed or anything.
Saitama’s level of strength doesn’t even have anything to do with this, since he’s still a least a hundred times faster than both of them.
Thus Garou surprising him was because he was so much faster than everyone in the past which INCLUDES Boros. Thanks for self-sabotaging, I will now leave.

What I'm saying is the goal post doesn't change.
It does. Definitely does. If the "goal post" is "what Saitama considers impressive in terms of speed", it does change constantly. Both of you, you and OP, are ignoring the fact we saw the goal post moving during the Garou fight. Saitama got progressively uninterested and unimpressed the wider the gap between him and Garou was.

It does. Definitely does. If the "goal post" is "what Saitama considers impressive in terms of speed", it does change constantly.
My example already disproves this.
Both of you, you and OP, are ignoring the fact we saw the goal post moving during the Garou fight. Saitama got progressively uninterested and unimpressed the wider the gap between him and Garou was.
Yeah he got less interested in an opponent who he once could fight evenly. That's how that works, that doesn't prove that what he considers fast hasn't changed. And anyways, his shock had long dissipated all the way back on Earth, you know, when he was surprised.

My example already disproves this.
Your example doesn't even relate to the debate
"Yeah, Saitama is able to measure speeds far below his own and notice improvement"

Yes, and? What does that prove? Does that mean his perception of speed is stagnant and doesn't change alongside him? This example does nothing to aid either side of the debate. Maybe you're not understanding but the debate is what Saitama would consider SHOCKING.

We have two options. Either Saitama considers speeds that are somewhat close to his to be shocking or he considers speeds that are wildly above his past enemies to be shocking.

In EITHER OPTION, the comparison falls apart as Boros would be slower than Garou by an unknown margin. One because Saitama got faster and thus the shock factor would grow along with him, two because he'd only consider a speed above Boros' to be shocking.

Not only are you fighting ghosts with the Genos example, you're fighting a losing battle. I've yet to see an argument that justifies Saitama considering a Boros level speed impressive again considering all facts.
Yeah he got less interested in an opponent who he once could fight evenly.
That doesn't prove that what he considers fast hasn't changed.
"Yes, he got bored with the speed and power Garou was displaying"
"No, it doesn't prove his considerations of what's fast in his perception changes"

Love self-refuted statements like that. Yes, his perception got faster and what he considers fast changes, that what HAPPENS to people who get faster reaction speeds even in real life.

FTL Boros is BACK baby

evzortfunwp51.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back