• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The God of War Vs The Dark Slayer (1-4-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can go either way with this. I own every single DMC and GOW game, and love both characters. (I like vergil better than dante, but that's not important). All I'm saying is that I believe this topic can have way more discussion besides one deciding factor. I don't believe vergil could one hit kratos, not kratos one hit vergil.

Kepekley23 said:
Vergil definitely has no AP advantage over Kratos.

End of God of War 2 Kratos is the exact same as Beginning of GoW3 Kratos (literally takes place minutes later), who completely tanked a charged-up lightning bolt from Zeus. Odds are that blast would vaporize Vergil.
Yeah, DMC5 Dante and PoH Kratos were deemed comparable, albeit with Kratos having and edge but comparable non the less.

Now, this is GoW2 To beginning of GoW3 who is completely trashed by his PoH self.

Heck, I could argue that Vergil one shots this form.

This is not true either, considering the Blade of Olympus was shown to absorb the godly power inside the Colossus.

And gets completely disproved by the other ones I posted.

Obi2cool4kenobi said:
>All that's NLF by feats shown. Yamato can't cut down everything and everyone, or it would've sliced devil sword sparda in half in 5 the first time they made contact

When did that happen? LMAO

Literally the first cutscene after V merges with urizen and vergil appears. Dante charges vergil and vergil charges at him with more momentum and the blades collide. Then vergil says "defeating you like this, has no meaning. Heal your wounds dante, get strong, and after that, we'll settle the matter."
First it was Devil Sword Dante, second Dante has resistance to space manip and third Vergil never attacked with Yamato

Obi2cool4kenobi said:
I would defnitely say this is AP considering vergil and dante in 5 are consdiered equal, but I am not against ruling out that it is because of how powerful the spacial manip is on yamato.
It's hax and hax doesn't have AP unless it involves higher D or something like that

Tony di bugalu said:
Obi2cool4kenobi said:
>All that's NLF by feats shown. Yamato can't cut down everything and everyone, or it would've sliced devil sword sparda in half in 5 the first time they made contact

When did that happen? LMAO

Literally the first cutscene after V merges with urizen and vergil appears. Dante charges vergil and vergil charges at him with more momentum and the blades collide. Then vergil says "defeating you like this, has no meaning. Heal your wounds dante, get strong, and after that, we'll settle the matter."
First it was Devil Sword Dante, second Dante has resistance to space manip and third Vergil never attacked with Yamato
Dante has spacial manip, not his sword unless you can prove to me he can somehow expand/make cetain inanimate blessed with spacial manip. And yes he did attack with yamato, he actually attacked dante with it out, and they sat there for over 15 seconds with their swords clashed against one another.

Obi2cool4kenobi said:
Dante has spacial manip, not his sword unless you can prove to me he can somehow expand/make cetain inanimate blessed with spacial manip. And yes he did attack with yamato, he actually attacked dante with it out, and they sat there for over 15 seconds with their swords clashed against one another.
DSD formed by Dante absorbing Rebellion (which had resistance to spatial manip for tanking Yamato) and DSS, what came from him was his sword.

Even if you don't count the resistance Dante has it has resistance for being created by Rebellion.

On top of that Dante can use his demonic power on inanimated objects like his various guns, Lady bike, the bike he used in the anime, etc.

Obi2cool4kenobi said:
Just curious, how does vergil deal with kratos' complete control over fate and time?
Since when Kratos has fate manip? I'm aware of his resistance but not him having said hax.

He doesn't need to be in the room of the fates on the island of creation to time travel, as shown at the end of GOW 2 when he was able to take all the titans to the base of mount olympus without being in the room. Logically, considering the sisters, he'd have been straight up able to manipulate fate. He might have to actually be in the room to do so though.

So... if GoW2 Kratos doesn't have space resistance, how does he deal with Yamato? As previously stated, Yamato isn't getting absorbed or cut in half anytime soon so how does Kratos deal with it? Timestop? My vote goes to Vergil.

AsianAntics said:
So... if GoW2 Kratos doesn't have space resistance, how does he deal with Yamato? As previously stated, Yamato isn't getting absorbed or cut in half anytime soon so how does Kratos deal with it? Timestop? My vote goes to Vergil.
Timestop wouldn't work, vergil resists it. Kratos is acasual, that's the closest he has to resistance to space manip. If kratos is stabbed by yamato I really don't know what would happen. It really does seem NLF that kratos would be one shotted by something considering the amount of punishment he has endured with hardly any effort. Since it's end of GOW 2, kratos would know vergil was coming if he was in the room of the sisters, and would logically have fate manipulation and if vergil doesn't have any resistance to it he has no chance of winning that way. Also, the blade can absorb the space cut even if kratos can't resist space manip and could die by it. Previosuly stated was that the yamato would cut the blade of olympus in half which is news to me.

What could cause trouble though is that kratos has control over time, not just being able to stop it. Theoretically, he could put vergil in a time loop or time travel himself, which could hurt vergil.

Tony di bugalu said:
Acausality doesn't grant you resistance to space manip.

Do you know how hax and resistances work?
Time travel is useless as he needs the room of the fates to do so, he never showed the ability to control fate and never showed any time ability besides time slow/stop which is useless as Vergil resists.

Tony di bugalu said:
Tony di bugalu said:
Acausality doesn't grant you resistance to space manip.

Do you know how hax and resistances work?
Time travel is useless as he needs the room of the fates to do so, he never showed the ability to control fate and never showed any time ability besides time slow/stop which is useless as Vergil resists.
I literally clarified this earlier as I knew people would bring it up. Kratos does not need the room of the fates to time travel. He doesn't even need to be in that room to do it, considering he teleported thousands upon thousands of titans across time. If he needed the room that would mean he would've had to go to the island of creation again once he traveled back in time to bring the titans back to his time. H also didn't bring them back to the room, he brought them back to mount olympus. Kratos can straight up control time, not only because of the sisters, but because he has a partial amount of kronos' power within himself, and kronos' powers in the blade itself.

Even if the battle takes place in the temple of the sisters, Kratos has to manually select the moment to which he wishes to travel, which will not happen if he is in the middle of a battle, since he will not have time to move the threads of destiny and enters in the mirror while fighting with Vergil at the same time.

Being casual to have resisted the attacks of other beings does not mean having resistance to spatial manipulation if you have never faced that hax.

When Kratos arrives at the time of the great war between the gods and the Titans, you can see the green glow of the portal behind him, the same portal he used to return him and the Titans to the present and begin his attack on Olympus in where he thinks he has a better chance of winning.

IIRC when he goes back in time a portal opens up for him to get back, he just needed to bring all the titans from there and be done.

>Kratos can straight up control time, not only because of the sisters, but because he has a partial amount of kronos' power within himself, and kronos' powers in the blade itself.

Proof of this? Also, already countered this with one of my earlier posts.

Galens said:
Even if the battle takes place in the temple of the sisters, Kratos has to manually select the moment to which he wishes to travel, which will not happen if he is in the middle of a battle, since he will not have time to move the threads of destiny and enters in the mirror while fighting with Vergil at the same time.
Being casual to have resisted the attacks of other beings does not mean having resistance to spatial manipulation if you have never faced that hax.
Never said it did. I simply said that is the closest thing he has to spacial manip

Tony di bugalu said:
IIRC when he goes back in time a portal opens up for him to get back, he just needed to bring all the titans from there and be done.
>Kratos can straight up control time, not only because of the sisters, but because he has a partial amount of kronos' power within himself, and kronos' powers in the blade itself.

Proof of this? Also, already countered this with one of my earlier posts.
This is from a previous thread about the greek revisions a year ago.

"And, by the way, I remember some people using the fact that Cronos' death didn't lead to anything related to time or to time ceasing to exist as a counter-argument, so just in case this gets brought up.

Cronos was stripped off of his magical powers after he was defeated by Zeus.

When Kratos meets an astral projection of Cronos in God of War II, the Titan states:

And Atlas states, after he gives Kratos the ability to create earthquakes through Atlas' Quake:

Atlas gave Kratos the last of his magic, which he hid just like Cronos.

And, finally, to seal the deal directly, Zeus himself states all the Titans were completely depowered and stripped off their former powers when they were defeated.

"You are unable to fight him? A Titan who has been stripped of power and discredited for so long? You are no brother of mine if you can't chase him away back to the dark realm of Tartarus. Oceanus - he was the least of the Titans. Unlike Cronos."

That just means that Zeus is the one able to do that and beyond that we don't know how he did it.

How does that scales to Kratos or proves that he can do it?

And the power he gained from Cronos was just electricity manip, how does that translates to absolute control over time?

"Now one might try to say that would imply Prime Cronos is much stronger - but Kratos and those who scale to him, of course, steamroll and beat people who scale to Prime Cronos' level of power."

No, no, I asked for proof of Cronos absolute control over time.

Also, this: "Now one might try to say that would imply Prime Cronos is much stronger - but Kratos and those who scale to him, of course, steamroll and beat people who scale to Prime Cronos' level of power."

And this: And, finally, to seal the deal directly, Zeus himself states all the Titans were completely depowered and stripped off their former powers when they were defeated.

"You are unable to fight him? A Titan who has been stripped of power and discredited for so long? You are no brother of mine if you can't chase him away back to the dark realm of Tartarus. Oceanus - he was the least of the Titans. Unlike Cronos."

Are very contradictory statments

< And the power he gained from Cronos was just electricity manip, how does that translates to absolute control over time?

That small amount of power he hid was more like

He took it from himself

and then placed it on the steeds of time

since they were his creations

he could likely control them

It was the last of his power, his power being creating time itself

The steeds of time do nothing more but put the island closer to the temple of the fates.

>It was the last of his power, his power being creating time itself

Where does this comes from? He never showed any time ability

Tony di bugalu said:
No, no, I asked for proof of Cronos absolute control over time.
Also, this: "Now one might try to say that would imply Prime Cronos is much stronger - but Kratos and those who scale to him, of course, steamroll and beat people who scale to Prime Cronos' level of power."

And this: And, finally, to seal the deal directly, Zeus himself states all the Titans were completely depowered and stripped off their former powers when they were defeated.

Are very contradictory statments
How is that contradictory?

"The scans explicitly state Cronos got depowered after losing the war. Saying otherwise requires nonexistent-until-otherwise-shown evidence.

Cronos isn't the God of Harvest in God of War. Original mythology is irrelevant to God of War lore and doesn't matter. Even God of War 2 calls horses forged by Cronos himself as creatures "of Time". The representation is more than obvious there"

He was mocking poseidon for being so weak as to that he thought he was being challenged for his domain by a depowered titan. He then states that oceanus was a weak titan, compared to a titan such as Kronos.

Pre POH Kratos>=Zeus>>>Hades=Poseidon>=Kronos

Now, I have to go to sleep at some time, and will most likely be unavailable for the next few days. I will return as soon as I can, but christmas is approaching.

Nvm, I found the blog and to my surprise it was a lot of speculation but I'm not going to tackle that at the moment.

How is a depowered and stripped of his powers the one with absolute control over time again? How does him giving Kratos electric maip translates to Kratos being able to control time?

How is that contradictory?

"The scans explicitly state Cronos got depowered after losing the war. Saying otherwise requires nonexistent-until-otherwise-shown evidence.

Cronos isn't the God of Harvest in God of War. Original mythology is irrelevant to God of War lore and doesn't matter. Even God of War 2 calls horses forged by Cronos himself as creatures "of Time". The representation is more than obvious there"

He was mocking poseidon for being so weak as to that he thought he was being challenged for his domain by a depowered titan. He then states that oceanus was a weak titan, compared to a titan such as Kronos.

Pre POH Kratos>=Zeus>>>Hades=Poseidon>=Kronos

Because they scale to Prime Kronos but can't deal with a weaker titan, see the problem there?

No one scales to prime kratos besides Zeus, where did you get that notion? Kronos and Atlas are the strongest titans, with Prime Kronos on the same level of power as Poseidon and Hades, who are vastly overshadowed by Zeus who is equal/ slightly less powerful than Kratos. Zeus has been stated to be so much more powerful than the rest of the verse that he could one shot the rest of them together.

If you seriously don't believe kronos is the titan of time who created time itself, I don't know what to say anymore.

Anyway I'm done here for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back