• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe if all the poc hax stuff comes back dante would still have a small chance
but yh kratos wrecks
Or Fuji (or someone else) downgrades DMC even further, I'm guessing first to tier 4 by saying the demon world isn't infinite and all the statements and feats are somehow meaningless, then to tier 5 by saying the creation and warping feats are just illusions or BFR or empty statements (I actually have images that help prove Mundus didn't just teleport to his dimension, which are yet to be used for anything, but that's beside the point), then to tier 6 by saying Argosax didn't move the moon, then to tier 7 by saying the Qliphoth's kinetic energy didn't scale to anyone, then to tier 8 by saying Abigail's cloud feat only works on clouds and Mallet Island exploding somehow doesn't scale, then to tier 9 by saying all the other feats are outliers.

These might sound silly, but anyone who read that awful G1 blog knows that up until the excuses for tier 8 all those excuses were used in that blog, and even outside of that, literally every one of these arguments has been made before, with many accepting them. That reputation DMC fans have for unreasonably inflating DMC's stats? It started years ago, when DMC was considered to be wall level, and DMC fans were "wanking" by pointing to feats like Arius splitting a street, Dante smashing a huge stone statue, Dante beating up enemies the size of skyscrapers, and so on, and saying that these feats were city block level. That's right, city block level DMC was once treated as obscene inflation of the stats.

In fairness, God of War has been treated almost as badly over the years.

Last edited:
Or Fuji (or someone else) downgrades DMC even further, I'm guessing first to tier 4 by saying the demon world isn't infinite and all the statements and feats are somehow meaningless, then to tier 5 by saying the creation and warping feats are just illusions or BFR or empty statements, then to tier 6 by saying Argosax didn't move the moon, then to tier 7 by saying the Qliphoth's kinetic energy didn't scale to anyone, then to tier 8 by saying Abigail's cloud feat only works on clouds and Mallet Island exploding somehow doesn't scale, then to tier 9 by saying all the other feats are outliers.

These might sound silly, but literally every one of these arguments has been made before, with many accepting them. That reputation DMC fans have for unreasonably inflating DMC's stats? It started years ago, when DMC was considered to be wall level, and DMC fans were "wanking" by pointing to feats like Arius splitting a street, Dante smashing a huge stone statue, Dante beating up enemies the size of skyscrapers, and so on, and saying that these feats were city block level. That's right, city block level DMC was once treated as obscene inflation of the stats.

In fairness, God of War has been treated almost as badly over the years.
But don't we have a declaration of worlds creating a Universe by flapping wings? I don't think I could go any lower than that, although I cannot doubt '-'

But don't we have a declaration of worlds creating a Universe by flapping wings? I don't think I could go any lower than that, although I cannot doubt '-'
The G1 blog and others have argued it was just teleporting. The novel already proves it wasn't deceptively small or an illusion, but it so happens I have images that help prove it wasn't teleportation. The images show that the number of stars in the dimension dramatically increases during and after the scene, which directly contradicts the idea that he just teleported into it. Evidence doesn't always win over hostility to a verse though, just ask Kratos from a few years ago, who directly dodged incoming lightning but was somehow subsonic.

Update: at some point in the future I might make a minor revision thread regarding the justification for Mundus' feat, since those images do help to add a nail into the coffin of the downplay of the feat.

The G1 blog and others have argued it was just teleporting. The novel already proves it wasn't deceptively small or an illusion, but it so happens I have images that help prove it wasn't teleportation. The images show that the number of stars in the dimension dramatically increases during and after the scene, which directly contradicts the idea that he just teleported into it. Evidence doesn't always win over hostility to a verse though, just ask Kratos from a few years ago, who directly dodged incoming lightning but was somehow subsonic.
I remember that there is talk from the directors saying that the worlds also created a Universe, let me see if I can find it here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back