• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The God of War Vs The Dark Slayer (1-4-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this thread is a couple months old and done, but because of info not yet discussed, I have decided to bring it up. How would vergil counter/respond to Kratos' power null?

By slicing through the hammer completely with the Yamato, All it takes is just him slashing the blade through the air, sheating it epicly, the hammer and Kratos fall in two.

PapiSavitar5025 said:
By slicing through the hammer completely with the Yamato, All it takes is just him slashing the blade through the air, sheating it epicly, the hammer and Kratos fall in two.
Which sound like a huge NLF according to feats shown. Vergil has never one shotted any character near or on his skill level. He didn't even one shot Arkham/Jester, who wasn't even as powerful as most demons.

Because the people who Vergil fights have resistance to spatial manipulation, which is where the durability negation comes from. Resist the spatial manip, and it doesn't work. Most of the characters also have Regenerationn that would heal instantly from a simple slash.

Vergil was severely weakened when he fought Jester, and so wasn't able to keep up with him. Nothing about the Yamato suddenly not working.

And it's not NLF to say that Durability Negation... negates durability.

DarkGrath said:
Because the people who Vergil fights have resistance to spatial manipulation, which is where the durability negation comes from. Resist the spatial manip, and it doesn't work. Most of the characters also have Regenerationn that would heal instantly from a simple slash.
Vergil was severely weakened when he fought Jester, and so wasn't able to keep up with him. Nothing about the Yamato suddenly not working.

And it's not NLF to say that Durability Negation... negates durability.
So arkham, a fodder demon, has resistance to spacial manipulation and durability negation? Not only does it not state this in his profile, but it does not make sense whatsoever. Then every single demon in the DMC verse would be resistant to those things. I could use the same logic and say because it's stated that the blades of chaos are indestructible multiple times means they can never be destroyed, yet we see them in poor condition in GOW4. Granted, they are connected to kratos' soul and strengthen him with every enemy defeated.

What? Arkham is not a fodder demon. He's like... literally neither fodder, nor is he a demon. Also, I already stated that the only reason it didn't kill Jester is because he fought Vergil while Vergil was exhausted. Vergil was too slow in his state to hit Jester once, and it's heavily implied that Vergil would have been capable of killing them, same as ever, if he could actually touch him.

And the idea that Vergil doesn't one-shot comparable opponents via the spatial manip and durability neg is outright false. Vergil one-shot Beowulf by instantly slicing him in half with Yamato, when Vergil is comparable to Dante at that point and Beowulf is actually a bit stronger than Dante. And that's just one example.

I don't mean to be rude, but you don't really know what you're talking about.

DarkGrath said:
What? Arkham is not a fodder demon. He's like... literally neither fodder, nor is he a demon. Also, I already stated that the only reason it didn't kill Jester is because he fought Vergil while Vergil was exhausted. Vergil was too slow in his state to hit Jester once, and it's heavily implied that Vergil would have been capable of killing them, same as ever, if he could actually touch him.
And the idea that Vergil doesn't one-shot comparable opponents via the spatial manip and durability neg is outright false. Vergil one-shot Beowulf by instantly slicing him in half with Yamato, when Vergil is comparable to Dante at that point and Beowulf is actually a bit stronger than Dante. And that's just one example.

I don't mean to be rude, but you don't really know what you're talking about.
So, vergil betraying Arkham, stabbing him, and then slicing him wasn't him hitting him? ON top of that, it's literally stated in his profile he is not as strong as most demons. Yes, vergil being exhausted halting him from slicing Jester into "mincemeat" as jester put it, but why didn't he die when he was stabbed earlier?

Also, no need for the baseless accusations of saying I know nothing.

Because that was a single stab into his chest. Like, even with durability negation, that's a survivable injury for Arkham.

Vergil has spatial manip and durability neg. People who are shown to resist it get resistance to it. He doesn't resist it, so it works, and it durability negs. It's as simple as that. If you don't like it, make a CRT.

DarkGrath said:
Because that was a single stab into his chest. Like, even with durability negation, that's a survivable injury for Arkham.
Vergil has spatial manip and durability neg. People who are shown to resist it get resistance to it. He doesn't resist it, so it works, and it durability negs. It's as simple as that. If you don't like it, make a CRT.
I don't need to make a CRT to see the incosistencies here. You're saying kratos would die in one strike by vergil swiping the air with one strike. Ok, but then why didn't arkham die in one strike when he doesn't have resistance to spacial manip either? It wasn't just a single stab either, he pulled the blade out and sliced him across the chest as well. That is a huge inconsistency to me, and if arkham doesn't die who is a tier 8 character who isn't even as strong as most demons, then kratos doesn't either.

...no, like, he didn't? He didn't "slice Arkham across the chest". There's nothing to debate here, that's actually just factually wrong.

What DarkGrath said:
...no, like, he didn't? He didn't "slice Arkham across the chest". There's nothing to debate here, that's actually just factually wrong.
What do you mean he didn't. I just watched the video 3 times, and he clearly did. I even slowed it down to .25x speed to be sure it wasn't just very choppy and bad camera cuts, and no I was right. This is a huge inconsistency to be used in a debate thread to one shot character in the same tier, when vergil couldn't do it to a tier 8.

I just did the exact same thing. Yamato passes by Arkham as he pulls it out, but it very visibly does not "slice through" him.

Again, if you want to actually change this, then make a CRT and get it passed. Versus Threads are used to debate how character statistics would fare against eachother; CRT's are for the statistics themselves. This isn't the place to debate whether you think statistics are valid, and it's simple enough to compile a CRT as to why you disagree with the current statistics.

It literally goes through his body. Why else would he swing his sword at arkham like that if he wasn't trying to cut him? Now you're just denying the obvious.

No, frankly, I'm not "denying the obvious". Watch it closely. You can quite literally see that the blade doesn't go anywhere near him, and there is no blood whatsoever when even just the stab left a large puddle of blood beneath them. There isn't anything to debate here, the blade 100% did not touch him again as Vergil put the Yamato away.

And you still haven't told me who you contacted, and you're still reluctant to make a CRT despite being told several times that you're supposed to handle it that way.

DarkGrath said:
I just did the exact same thing. Yamato passes by Arkham as he pulls it out, but it very visibly does not "slice through" him.
Again, if you want to actually change this, then make a CRT and get it passed. Versus Threads are used to debate how character statistics would fare against eachother; CRT's are for the statistics themselves. This isn't the place to debate whether you think statistics are valid, and it's simple enough to compile a CRT as to why you disagree with the current statistics.
I don't disagree that vergil has these things, he clearly does. What I disagree with is that he can use this to an infinite degree, which he has clearly shown he can't.

No, in fact, there was blood splattering off of the blade on every single frame since Vergil pulled the sword out from his chest. That's again simply incorrect.

And, like... what do you mean "infinite degree"? Obviously nobody is stating that this kind of durability neg would work on, say, higher dimensional beings. But this kind of durability neg, by definition, works on anything that takes up space and doesn't resist spatial manip. Otherwise, you'd literally be stating that simply having a high enough AP grants resistance to spatial manip by consequence.

Look, I'm not going to bother with continuing this. I apologise if I'm coming off as rude; it's a bad habit of mine that I'm doing what I can to shake off. But this is going to turn into a roundabout discussion that will last for an eternity if it's not cut off here. If you still disagree, and want to continue it, make a CRT. It's that simple.

DarkGrath said:
No, frankly, I'm not "denying the obvious". Watch it closely. You can quite literally see that the blade doesn't go anywhere near him, and there is no blood whatsoever when even just the stab left a large puddle of blood beneath them. There isn't anything to debate here, the blade 100% did not touch him again as Vergil put the Yamato away.
And you still haven't told me who you contacted, and you're still reluctant to make a CRT despite being told several times that you're supposed to handle it that way.
At this point you are just using headcanon and disbelief. I took a screenshot of a before and after, and there is no denying it.

DarkGrath said:
I contacted Kep via discord a while back while this thread was still active and he agreed with me

You're once again stating actual falsity, and again dodging the question of who you contacted, and again refusing to make a CRT, and again insisting on debating the validity of character statistics on a Versus Thread despite being told several times over that you're not supposed to. Am I not getting through to you?

DarkGrath said:
You're once again stating actual falsity, and again dodging the question of who you contacted, and again refusing to make a CRT, and again insisting on debating the validity of character statistics on a Versus Thread despite being told several times over that you're not supposed to. Am I not getting through to you?
What falsity am I stating? And because you are so headstrong about it, I will make a CRT about it.

Just... make the CRT and debate about it then.

And the falsity you're stating is that there's "no denying it". For the sake of giving your argument a chance, I have watched the cutscene several times on the lowest possible speed just to see if there's any validity to Vergil "slicing across" Arkham. And there isn't.

And let's throw you a bone and say that it does slice Arkham across the whole chest. Does that suddenly remove spatial manip, durability negation and the whole lot? No, in fact, not even close. In fact, what you'd be showing actually supports that argument, since you'd be arguing it sliced through him instantly with 0 resistance. What you'd instead be proposing is that Arkham has a certain level of Regenerationn via the top half of his body regenerating from the wound instantly. There is literally no way you can look at a feat of the Yamato blatantly negating durability and say "therefore it doesn't have durability negation because it should have killed them!". That's not how it works.

DarkGrath said:
Just... make the CRT and debate about it then.
And the falsity you're stating is that there's "no denying it". For the sake of giving your argument a chance, I have watched the cutscene several times on the lowest possible speed just to see if there's any validity to Vergil "slicing across" Arkham. And there isn't.

And let's throw you a bone and say that it does slice Arkham across the whole chest. Does that suddenly remove spatial manip, durability negation and the whole lot? No, in fact, not even close. In fact, what you'd be showing actually supports that argument, since you'd be arguing it sliced through him instantly with 0 resistance. What you'd instead be proposing is that Arkham has a certain level of Regenerationn via the top half of his body regenerating from the wound instantly. There is literally no way you can look at a feat of the Yamato blatantly negating durability and say "therefore it doesn't have durability negation because it should have killed them!". That's not how it works.
I don't believe you get what I'm saying. I never advocated it didn't have durability negation, not once. Thing is, it didn't instantly destroy arkham like you state would happen to kratos. Vergil and yamato can not one shot anyone to an indefinite amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back