• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Elder Scrolls: Mythopoeic Reinterpretation (Revision Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait both the Dragonborn and the eternal champion have 8-b+ feats? I just read the Eternal champions draft. So is the beginning game Dragonborn going to 8-B+ for vaporizing dwerven Centurion (I got the feat evaluated and it definitely isn't an outlier due to the champion's feat)

So, just as a heads up, I am making a profile for Hircine, so that's why I need that Low 2-C justification.

Dragonborn doesn't have CHIM and Sheogorath won't be an npc in that scenario. Also anyone with CHIM would stomp Sheogorath, Dragonborn or not

This thread is reaching the maximum number of replies btw.

Also, are we scaling The Last Dragonborn like this?

Helgen -> Greybeard Training (Early Game) | Greybeard Training -> First Battle with Alduin (Mid Game) | First Battle with Alduin -> Defeating Alduin in Sovengarde (Late Game)

I think we need to specifically know where we are partitioning the scale so we know how characters that interact with TLD scale in relation to the chronology.

Crabwhale said:
So, just as a heads up, I am making a profile for Hircine, so that's why I need that Low 2-C justification.
It is from scalling to Barbas' Avatar, whom Clavicus Vile compared to the Dovahkiin in power. It is ridiculous for a direct aspect of a fully-manifested Hircine to be weaker than a manifestation of Barbas who popped up in the Mundus after the Avatar of Akatosh sealed the barriers that separate it from Oblivion.

Also, what Galaxian said. I do think we might need to make a new thread (preferably with all the conclusions in this one included). I definitely want to keep discussing this.

GalaxianAegis said:
Helgen -> Greybeard Training (Early Game) | Greybeard Training -> First Battle with Alduin (Mid Game) | First Battle with Alduin -> Defeating Alduin in Sovengarde (Late Game)
I would say when they receive Dragonrend is a more appropriate end for Midgame and a beggining for Endgame, although that happens nearly exactly when they fight Alduin for the first time.

I can't find any better speed feats in-game.

You can't really backscale later feats to the ET due to the shit-ton of retcons, sadly.

Peak human seems really off like, peak human Nerevarine. I'm pretty sure there's a feat somewhere we missed since he's apparently faster than 99% of the Empire.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Elder Scrolls Legends has a card showing a random redguard soldier dodging arrows mid-jump.
That's what I was thinking of the whole time, there's no way eternal champion is only peak human

Matthew Schroeder said:
Elder Scrolls Legends has a card showing a random redguard soldier dodging arrows mid-jump.
Could have easily been from a range where Peak Human speed would allow a dodge or aim-dodging.

Although if there are other feats of regular people I can deduce speed from the whole "faster than 99% of the empire" thing.

Something I found:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Mora'at's_Theory_of_Lightning

Shock, like Flame and Frost, is an expression of magical power that takes the form of a natural force. Everyone has played with this force when one was a ja'khajiit, scuffing one's feet across a rug and then stinging a sibling with a small spark from an extended claw, or rubbing an inflated rat's-bladder against one's fur until the hairs stand up and the bladder "sticks" to one's chest or arm.
So it was apparent to this one, even from an early age, that shock was an inherent property of fibrous matter, a property stimulated by friction into sparks. This also explains lightning, as clouds, which resemble nothing so much as huge Tenmar cotton-balls, generate shock when storms cause friction through colliding masses of buoyant fiber.
Therefore, when one of we mighty wizards of the Mages Guild casts a Shock spell, what is actually happening? This one explains it as follows: the reality of the Mundus is a great tapestry woven of strands of matter and magicka. A Shock spell channels and manipulates magicka through the local warp and weft of the tapestry, agitating its fibers. This generates sparking, which coalesces into magical lightning. Yes?

Magical Lightning is Natural Lightning, as in the Elder Scrolls universe they are one and the same, and natural lightning from clouds and electricity is produced by the magicka inherent to the reality of the Aurbis.

So shock spells should be MHS+

Hm. If you can find a vid with the ET avoiding or reacting to a shock spell you'll sell me on MHS.

As it is though they should have MHS attack speed with shock spells.

Also:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:On_the_Utility_of_Shock_Magic

For whatever reason, manipulating arcane lightning is easier than forcing magical flame, and it can be employed for a greater variety of effects. Here are just a few:
—The mage can cloak himself in an aura of lightning that will turn aside certain physical and magical attacks, as well as shocking nearby enemies.
—Lightning can be cast on a surface in the form of a rune that will explode if touched or after a certain delay.
A wizard can cast a bolt to a nearby target and then instantly "ride the lightning" to that destinatio.
—And, of course, lightning bolts can be cast directly at enemies in a number of variations.

Wizards who are skilled in shock magic can literally use their lightning spells as a method of transportation, "riding" the lightning to their destination. This demands comparable reactions to be used effectively at all.

Dargoo Faust said:
Hm. If you can find a vid with the ET avoiding or reacting to a shock spell you'll sell me on MHS.
As it is though they should have MHS attack speed with shock spells.
Dont think he does. I'm just establishing this as a fact. Feats of dodging or blocking lightning are MHS+, tho.

Ah, gotcha. Should they at least have MHS+ attack speed because they're able to use Shock spells?

Also I know retcons but would the eternal champion be faster than the mages that can ride lightning due to being faster than 99% of the Empire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back