• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Elder Scrolls Discussion Thread: RETURN FALSE Edition

On behalf of XSOULOFCINDERX, I am uploading these images.

Notes_210411_235152_4fa_1.jpg

Notes_210411_235215_ee7_1.jpg

Notes_210411_235236_99e_1.jpg

And with that, I'm gone from the thread!

Gauldur bros are at 7-C not that high. They wrecked and destroyed towns before being put down by Nordic battlemages. There should be no Key.

Gauldur bros are at 7-C not that high. They wrecked and destroyed towns before being put down by Nordic battlemages. There should be no Key.
They still fought the Dovahkiin though. Hell, Sigdis and Jyrik can ******* use the Maxxed Out Fus Roh Dah since it can actually launch you back like yours does.

They still fought the Dovahkiin though. Hell, Sigdis and Jyrik can ******* use the Maxxed Out Fus Roh Dah since it can actually launch you back like yours does.

The logic is flawed because not every foe against The Dovahkiin is either High 6-A or Low 2-C because those foes need a certain lore attribute. We can't simply label every Draugr as Low 2-C by your logic.

Gauldur bros are solidly at 7-C on their own.

Obviously they're not scaling to Low 2-C Dovahkiin, I just think them scaling to the versions I used makes more sense due to the fact that you're literally Fodder to the Greybeards without the third word to Unrelenting Force and Jyrik and Sigdis have the third word. Hell, Sigdis has two different shouts since he also has the Disarming Shout.

the problem with trying to scale people to the prisoners is that the keys of the prisoners are main quest base, at the start of the game u can do the quest for the amulet etc.

the problem with trying to scale people to the prisoners is that the keys of the prisoners are main quest base, at the start of the game u can do the quest for the amulet etc.
Which is why I advocate for the High 6-A Part to be a Possibility, not a Definitive. I'm more than happy to stick them in just Low 7-B+ since you have to fight them somewhere and I really doubt it's Late Game that does it.

Which is why I advocate for the High 6-A Part to be a Possibility, not a Definitive. I'm more than happy to stick them in just Low 7-B+ since you have to fight them somewhere and I really doubt it's Late Game that does it.
Anyways, getting back to this, the reason I haven't just straight up made the Profiles yet is because I'm stuck on Mobile and can't do it myself because it says my Phone's Program is ineligible or some shit.

If I change them to 7-C, possibly Low 7-B+ can I get some help making the Profiles? Because I still believe they at least should scale to Early Game Dovahkiin.

Finally got Jyrik's Page on here.

Yup, it looks fine.

Also, does anyone here have any quotes that show how big Oblivion is compared to Mundus? Like, any quote by someone that describe Mundus as infinitesimally to Oblivion or something along that line?

“I have a question for his awfulness Lyranth, but I think it concerns more the relationship between some kinds of lesser Daedra than the ranks topic treated here. I hope it will be worth the attenction of your lordship. We all recognize the fierce reptile daedroth, but I've also heard of another unspecified so-called “fire daemon", that appears to be physically related to the daedroth, but it seems to be more intelligent. I've once seen something similar when I came across into the dreaded “Haunter of the Cliffs". An analogous doubt arises about the nasty banekin and the “homunculi" whereof we can read in the “A Hypothetical Treachery" script. Are they the same creatures? And is there a relationship between the dire Nightmare Courser, whereof is said to be the breed of Mehrunes Dagon, and the legendary fire-spitting Hell Hound?

With your grace, I'd want to finally acknowledge what connection there's between all those creatures, that certainly share a common origin in the planes of Oblivion."

- Shanke-Naar Righthorn

Lyranth the Foolkiller says: “Your problem, mortal, is exemplified by your words, 'share a common origin in the planes of Oblivion.' There is nothing 'common' about, between, or across the planes of Oblivion—’’ ’they are the very definition of change and variation, manifesting all possibilities, and validating all understanding and misunderstanding. You seek similarities where there are only differences, a classification of chaos’’’. You think that, because you perceive a superficial resemblance between the outward appearance of the Nightmare Courser and the Hell Hound, that they must share a 'relationship.' Ever the mortal mind defends itself against the reality of what it cannot comprehend by the pathetic imposition of familiar patterns on entities of inconvenient hyperagonal morphology. Bah. Reflect on the fact that you have failed to understand a single word of my explanation, and burden me with no more such questions."

"Ah, I see my memospore transmission was a success. You understand why I choose not to appear before a being such as yourself in the flesh. I'm no fool, as was I assume the one who earned you your title. To the questions, then.

Firstly, just how common is it for one of the Kyn to receive a field promotion, as it were? I understand your people operate off a strict military hierarchy, and that constant wars are being fought in Oblivion. This must surely mean that rapid promotions and demotions occur, presumably when a commanding officer is temporarily separated from his body through shameful defeat. Can you enlighten me on that, fearful warrior?

One other thing - your rowdy "cousins" the Xivilai. What are your opinions on them? I've heard they're physically imposing, but are difficult to train as soldiers, and only operate as mercenaries and Auxiliaries of the Princes they serve. Is there any truth to that? Also, who would win in a fight between you and a Xivilai, if you don't mind me asking? I can't resist that question, especially since I'm in a different dimension from yourself currently."

- Legate Cyclenophus of the Bretonic Imperial Restoration Society

Lyranth the Foolkiller says: “Though you are a lowly worm, I shall answer both your questions, in hopes that it will infuriate Eis Vuur Warden, so that he will seek you out 'in the flesh' to enact revenge for my blatant favoritism. (It is, after all, what I would do.) Regarding promotions and demotions: a rigid hierarchy such as we Dremora glory in defines the relationship between ranks, but does not dictate what rank an individual must fill. (Except, of course, when it does, but explaining further exceeds the scope of my willingness to answer.) In the service of a great and warlike Master, discorporation of individuals is frequent, but the hierarchy must persist! In such cases change of rank is necessary, that the web of command be maintained.”

“Ah, the Xivilai. Are there any Daedra, in all the infinite worlds of Oblivion, more pompous and filled with unwarranted conceit than those impertinent and unruly louts? It is true that their combination of brute strength and low cunning makes them effective agents in certain rare situations, but for most purposes they are sadly unreliable. As you may be aware, our Master's personal guard, the Xivkyn, are the result of experiments with vestigial hybridization in the Vile Laboratory. At first blush they seem acceptable allies, but before we Dremora can fully trust them, we need to see an archaeon or two pass to give us some track record."

’’Morian Zenas described to me an endless library, shelves stretching on in every direction, stacks on top of stacks’’’. Pages floated on a mystical wind that he could not feel. Every book had a black cover with no title. He could see no one, but felt the presence of ghosts moving through the stacks, rifling through books, ever searching.”

‘’It was Apocrypha. The home of Hermaeus-Mora, where all forbidden knowledge can be found’’. I felt a shudder in my mind, but I could not tell if it was my master's or mine.”

- The Doors of Oblivion

’’The infinite archives of Hermaeus Mora are the ultimate treasure. Its innumerable shelves and countless books carry the weight of all knowledge’’’. Therein, the diligent reader can find all that was, all that is, and all that will be.

Followers of the Divines, content in their dark cloisters of ignorance, preach hatred of the Golden Eye. Daedra, they call him: unclean, monstrous, wicked.

We have seen the truth. Knowledge is only as wicked as the one who wields it. Forsaking learning in fear of its misuse is the ultimate sin. It is an unforgivable folly. As a result, mortals have suffered countless centuries of loss.

In Apocrypha, the Golden Eye weeps cold tears at this plague of ignorance. ‘’Those who walk his halls are truly blessed. Even as their flesh falls away, they are permitted to browse the infinite tomes and scrolls, privy to all mysteries that have ever and will ever exist’’. It is the most blessed of fates.

We give you praise, Hermaeus Mora. We seek enlightenment, illumination, and a place at your side."

- Apocrypha

”Stay together!” Sul shouted. He took a step, and again the unimaginable sensation, and now they were in utter darkness—but not silence, for all around them were chittering sounds and the staccato scurrying of hundreds of feet.

They were in an infinite palace of colored glass.

They were on an icy plane with a burning sky.

They were standing by a dark red river, and the smell of blood was nearly suffocating.

They were in the deepest forest Attrebus had ever seen.

He was braced for the next transition, but Sul was suddenly swearing.

“What?” Attrebus said. “Where are we? Is this still Oblivion?”

“Yes,” he said “We‟ve been interrupted. He must have sniffed out my spoor and laid a trap.”

And here we have statements of a Dremora himself (Beings that live on oblivion) describing oblivion:

“I grew dizzy as the plane spun around me, nearly fell into a pool of blue plasm, ‘’’and then suddenly felt myself hurled into an endless black void.’’’

‘’’I wasn't alarmed at first, because who hasn't been hurled into an endless black void?’’’ It wasn't until I began to materialize at my destination and got a taste of the air that I had my first misgivings. "I smell ... weakness," I said to myself—and I couldn't have been more right. It was then that I first heard the voice of my Conjurer as he said, "Ah, this one looks fairly robust," and the full horror of my situation broke upon me. For I had been summoned to do the bidding ... of a mortal.

‘’’I turned, aghast, to see who had dared summon me across the infinities to Nirn’’’, and found myself faced with a tall Elf of Summerset

- I was Summoned by a Mortal

Know that there are places beyond Tamriel where the cunning and the wary can go to learn forgotten spells. I speak of the planes of Oblivion. The sea of limitless dimensions contains an endless series of islands. Some are controlled by the mighty Daedric Princes; others are loosely connected to one minor Daedra Lord or another. On these islands, creatures' dwell who possess secrets out of time. Some are there of their own volition, but others are banished there for crimes either heinous or imagined.”

- Rulantaril’s Notes

“Transliminal passage of quickened objects or entities without the persistent agency of hyperagonal media is not possible, and even if possible, would result in instantaneous retromission of the transported referents. Only a transpontine circumpenetration of the limen will result in transits of greater than infinitesimal duration.”

“Though other hyperagonal media may exist in theory, the only known transliminal artifact capable of sustained transpontine circumpenetration is the sigil stone. A sigil stone is a specimen of pre-Mythic quasi-crystalline morpholith that has been transformed into an extra-dimensional artifact through the arcane inscription of a daedric sigil. Though some common morpholiths like soul gems may be found in nature, the exotic morpholiths used to make sigil stones occur only in pocket voids of Oblivion, and cannot be prospected or harvested without daedric assistance.”

“Therefore, since both the morpholiths and the daedric sigils required for hyperagonal media cannot be obtained without traffic and commerce with Daedra Lords, it is necessary that a transliminal mechanic cultivate a working knowledge of conjuration -- though purpose-built enchantments may be substituted if the mechanic has sufficient invocatory skill. Traffic and commerce with Daedra Lords is an esoteric but well-established practice, and lies outside the compass of this treatise.”

- Liminal Bridges

estige: Did you enjoy our travels?

Augur of the Obscure: "Did I? Does an oblate cogni-form have infinite angles? Please don't hurt yourself. The answer is yes. It was great. The sights, the smells, the incessant jangle of all your gear on my face. Dream come true, mate!"

Augur of the Obscure: "I've got to admit, I'm a little thrown off by the aesthetic, mate. No un-paintings, less than a thousand angles, hardly any transliminal spheroids…. I don't know. I'd give it a soft "adequate." "

And on the Book “The infernal city” we also get a description of what does it feels to travel thought oblivion:

“The sensation of traveling to a daedric real is “like falling – not down, but in all directions at once. The moons were gone, and in their place a ceiling of smoke and ash. Stifling heat surrounded them and the air stank with sulfur and hot iron. They stood on black lava, and lakes of fire stretched off before them.”

- The Infernal City

so to put it simply Oblivion is an infinite ‘void’ containing all possibilities and infinite Higher Dimensions

I would say what happened to the upgrade, but more than an upgrade, for me, it'd be an update. Ultima was attempting an update for the Daedras and then nothing happened... Something like the High 1-B becoming a Low 1-A. That was the event I remember, there was more but can someone remind me what else was in said update?

I would say what happened to the upgrade, but more than an upgrade, for me, it'd be an update. Ultima was attempting an update for the Daedras and then nothing happened... Something like the High 1-B becoming a Low 1-A. That was the event I remember, there was more but can someone remind me what else was in said update?
CHIM = H1A
some fodder becoming more fodder
Upgrade for aetherius
Dragonborn and alduin = H1B
Other prisoners get downgrade

something like that

The Alduin thing was not decided on, people just stopped arguing it.

Back