• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Elder Scrolls: Metaphysical Studies and Discussions - Lesson Two

Aesthetics >

In Tamriel? ƒù©

Has Mundus and the two moons in the background? ƒù©

Random people ƒù© (Good to not show favoritism of specific characters)

I'd say it's way better.

The speed feat of the gods are pretty good being immeasurable and all, but is it faster than a khajit on skooma?

But yeah the speed feats in TES are either decent or the flash on steroids, We might eventualy be able to get other speeds feats as the verse is explored, but for now we don't have any real balance/ middle ground at all on it.

Another interesting parallel I found: the Dragonborn being a possible Shezarrine while simultaneously technically spawned from Akatosh (being that he has a dragon's soul and all).

I feel Vivec should have Weapon Mastery added to his powers & abilities

Hax aside, he has impressive fighting ability due to his relation with Fa-Nuit-Hen and the like, it'd be wrong to ignore that.

Maybe explaining his connection to the Barons and the ansu, alongside the latter's capabilities?

Some scans from his sword meeting with Cyrus could help

Hey Matt is there a blog or thread about what all the Daedric Artifacts do lore wise. I know what Mehrunes Razor does because of that thread I made earlier, and I mostly know the skeleton key and the Wabbajack, but is there something explaining all the other artifacts?

Ultima Reality said:
3) With Talos and the Sons of Talos removed, the Dragon will become ours to unbind. The world of mortals will be over. The Dragon will uncoil his hold on the stagnancy of linear time and move as Free Serpent again, moving through the Aether without measure or burden, spilling time along the innumerable roads we once travelled. And with that we will regain the mantle of the imperishable spirit.
So, if Alduin won...RIP the Thalmor/the Thalmor's plan, right?

I COULD HAVE SAVED YOU

Talos is the guy who betrayed his own King, killing him and making it appear like he was innocent so he could take the Throne, and then later betrayed and manipulated his two closest allies so he could capture their souls and use them to further his war efforts.

Talos is also the guy who after invading and conquering Hammerfell used violent authority to oppress all rebellion and force the Redguards to conform to his new rule. He also had a sexual relationship with a Dunmer Queen, and when he found she was pregnant with his child he forced her to have an abortion because he didn't want to marry a non-human.

Talos is also the guy who unleashed a giant Reality-Erasing Robot on Alinor and throughly massacrated the Altmer forces so badly the Aldmeri Dominion surrendered after one hour of conflict. This is practically the equivalent of responding to a war effort by throwing a nuclear bomb at the opposing country's capital.

Talos also made use of state-enforced propaganda to seed prejudice and racism between humans and elves so the people of his Empire would be against the Altmer, and he also used propaganda to hide his own past and make himself look perfect and heroic.

Oh, and there was also the time where Talos got rid of a rebel pirate by decapitating him and then doing some ventriloquism with his disembowed head, a jest he found so funny he ended up laughing out loud in Thu'um which killed all the people witnessing the act.

I didn't make any of this.

Let's see: I DON'T LIKE Reinhard because he is a nazi. After reading all what you said about Talos... I think Reinhard would be like "woah woah woah woah, kumpel! ("buddy" in german) I think you are going a little bit far"

Don't believe this damn elf lies. They spread heretical propaganda about the mighty Talos Stormcrown born of the north where his breath is long winter. He conquered Tamriel because he loves man..

Fool.

Thinking even a single Composite Tree would need to use even a hint of it's true power...

I'm not familiar with him, although he did write Clockwork City so we should be in decent hands.

It definitively reminds of Sotha Sil's Last Words, that's a good thing, he was a little too talkative than I would've liked tho.

Hey is there someone that can explain to me some of the skill feats for the Elder Scrolls protagonist. Some of the feats I think are perfectly fine like defeating most of the ALMSIVI, however Alexandria completely lost her mind so I don't know how much of a skill feat that would be. And the CoC defeating Umaril is a good skill feat. But then when have things like the Dragonborn "fighting" Tsun. I'm pretty sure he wasn't really trying, he says he was testing your Might just to see if you could pass a bridge (if you try to pass that bridge Tsun or Shor can instantly one shot you with a random lightning bolt so it doesn't make since for the Dovahkiin to be comparable to him when he can wipe you off the map with a thought).

Many times the main characters are also physically powerful, which leads to things like the CoC and Dragonborn fighting Boethiah's Champions, but the CoC was 4-C and the Dragonborn was 7-B so they just causally one shot everything and went on with there days. Like what skill feats does the Ebony Warrior have of he's the strongest person the Dragonborn ever fights, shouldn't he have one shot literally everything he ever ran across making all his adventures worthless (I mean a low 2-C vs 9 9-B bandits, I wonder why the low 2-C won). Now maybe these feats are better than I think they are, but ganging up on people and abusing their weaknesses seems to be an incredible common thing in Skyrim especially. Vs Alduin you gang up on him and spam dragonrend, vs Harkon the bow one shots a shield that's vastly stronger than Harkon's durability so I assume you one shot him with it aswell (he's also high 6-A so he one shot anything he ever came across and thus has no skill feats). Vs Mercer you one shot by being 7-B and ganged up on him with a Daedric Prince also helping you out. Vs Miraak he had to power up repeatedly throughout the fight yet kept losing repeatedly meaning the Dragonborn was probably vastly above him from the beginning of that fight, he also had a Daedric Prince help him (and don't say Mora didn't help, he literally killed Miraak, if that doesn't count as help I don't know what does).

Now once again maybe all these feats are a lot better than I think, but to me it seems there are many ways that don't revolve around skill as ways to win the fights the heroes have been through. (Expect for the Nerevarine because Hircine pretty much said and shown you're skilled, and ESO pretty much drools itself when talking about the Vestige "he's so skilled that a nigh omniscient god remembered the greatest warriors of all time due to his skill" like Jesus ESO; ironically the Vestige's best skill feats don't make any sense, like Nocturnal had a 99% chance of wining so the Vestige couldn't have won through skill and pretty much got carried by prisoner cosmology that whole time).

Sorry for the long text, but skill feats in the Elder Scrolls have always felt lacking to me and I wish someone could explain them.

Couldn't Vivec or Sotha Sil forcibly manifest themselves in the Fourth Era or beyond, despite being depowered/dead by that era?

>Vampire lore

Though not a huge fan, maybe we'll finally get some regen feats for vampires in TES.

Back