• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Elder Scrolls: Metaphysical Studies and Discussions - Lesson Two

Would one of you guys be willing to put together like a list of links/recommended reading, preferably starting with some of the more basic stuff before moving on into the deeper, Imperial Library/Michael Kirkbride stuff?

arigato. some friends of mine were thinking of doing an RP guild on ESO, and after I started mentioning some of the stuff you guys have said here, they were interested in reading more into it.

So... Does Talos really spank Reinhard's butt? I'm not talking about battles in the wikia but the fact that maybe Reinhard likes BDSM.

Even Dagon. Dagon's not necessarily evil, he's philosophically akin to Shiva. He destroys the old to bring the new, cleanses the old world so the new world can rise.

Depends on who you are and what you're seeking to get from the prince.

Meridia is probably the "safest" Prince to worship as long as you are not in any way remotely close to undead.

And yet Meridia has no problem giving you Dawnbreaker if you're a vampire... probably because you're likely to kill yourself with it.

That's a result of how the game works and having to allow every player to be able to experience everything.

That

And the explosion from Dawnbreaker hurts you if you're a vampire so maybe she's just like "**** it, they'll kill themselves with it eventually"

Ultima Reality said:
All Princes are capable of both Good and Evil.
Except Molag Bal he is an asshole.
I think Elder Scrolls Online is a pretty cool guy, eh harvests souls and doesn't afraid of anything

I mean, even Molag Bal supposedly had a secondary motive of protecting reality from "even greater threats" or something like that, when he invaded Tamriel in ESO.

Ok.Thanks for answering my questions. What are the Thalmor actually after? And what are the pros and cons of worshiping each Daedric Prince?

The Thalmor want to deactivate the Towers across the Mundus so that it may be swallowed by Oblivion (as the Towers keep it at bay) and for all things to return to the formless and timeless state of the Dawn Era.

As for your second question, Jesus, that'd be a long ass reply. And sort of subjective as well, given that everyone might view the Princes differently.

Because they've always seen being bound to a mortal form as a downgrade wrought upon them unjustly. Which is also why Lorkhan is usually portrayed unkindly in their religions.

To kill Man is to reach Heaven, from where we came before the Doom Drum's iniquity. When we accomplish this, we can escape the mockery and long shame of the Material Prison.
To achieve this goal, we must:

1) Erase the Upstart Talos from the mythic. His presence fortifies the Wheel of the Convention, and binds our souls to this plane.

2) Remove Man not just from the world, but from the Pattern of Possibility, so that the very idea of them can be forgotten and thereby never again repeated.

3) With Talos and the Sons of Talos removed, the Dragon will become ours to unbind. The world of mortals will be over. The Dragon will uncoil his hold on the stagnancy of linear time and move as Free Serpent again, moving through the Aether without measure or burden, spilling time along the innumerable roads we once travelled. And with that we will regain the mantle of the imperishable spirit.

Hey is there any speed feats for average mortals or are they going to be stuck being subsonic (I mean it's better than Peak Human Vivec but people like the Dragonborn and Eternal Champion being subsonic feels agonizingly slow)

Back