• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Death of Portgas D. Ace

The Calaca said:
Yeah, I'm inventing Haki has NPI, true. I genuinely forgot that there's no evidence of it being the logia's counter.
BTW, SBS vol. 79 confirms the Magu Magu > Mera Mera.
You're saying that Akainu used Haki even though he said his Fruit has the ability to consume the flames of the Mera-Mera

Logias don't cancel each other's intangibility, so either Akainu or Ace should have used Haki to interact with each other.

Akainu said that his magma is superior, but it doesn't mean he can negate his intangibility through magma as that's not stated.

The Calaca said:
Logias don't cancel each other's intangibility, so either Akainu or Ace should have used Haki to interact with each other.
Akainu said that his magma is superior, but it doesn't mean he can negate his intangibility through magma as that's not stated.
Akainu Statement
Translation:Only for being a Logia...You don't think that it's being too much careless You are only "fire"...I,on the other hand,am magma,with the power to consume even fire itself

Mera Mera vs Magu Magu
Ace Death

The SBS that tells the fruits that advantages over others?

You guys are so focused on AP stomps you never think about Hax stomps

Because the Magu is superior to the Mera.

Fire gets smothered by magma. As simple as that.

At this point I don't know what are you trying to get here.

The Prince of Counters said:
Akainu attacked Ace with Magma, a thick substance that can smother fire and deprave it of oxygen. I believe the profile even notes this.

Magma can deprive fire of it's oxygen and smoother said fire. This is common sense, basic science and somethig that's even noted in the profile. Fire is intangible but once you pour a thick substance such as molten rock it'll put out said fire.

Magma can deprive fire of it's oxygen and smoother said fire. This is common sense, basic science and somethig that's even noted in the profile. Fire is intangible but once you pour a thick substance such as molten rock it'll put out said fire.
What it's the one thing fire needs?

Oxygen, which can't quite happen whenever there's a thick substance putting over the flames. What point of being able to smother fire thus depriving it of oxygen aren't you understanding mate? You seriously might want to take a crash course regarding science in general.

Oxygen, which can't quite happen whenever there's a thick substance putting over the flames. What point of being able to smother fire thus depriving it of oxygen aren't you understanding mate? You seriously might want to take a crash course regarding science in general.
-Oxygen

-Substance

-?

The ? is the thing i want focus and it based on substance

Also are you calling me dumb?

.... I quite literally can't explain it to you in any other way, what exactly here aren't you understanding mate? I've been repeating myself for the enitre thread only for you to continue. Any thick, heavy substance is gonna be able to smother fire. Again this is basic science that you continue to ignore. And no, far from that but it does seem that you aren't understanding what I'm saying here so that's a genuine suggestion.

.... I quite literally can't explain it to you in any other way, what exactly here aren't you understanding mate? I've been repeating myself for the enitre thread only for you to continue. Any thick, heavy substance is gonna be able to smother fire. Again this is basic science that you continue to ignore. And no, far from that but it does seem that you aren't understanding what I'm saying here so that's a genuine suggestion.
Okay my sir i'm saying to all of you so clean your ears of any mess it may have

(BREATHES IN)

MAGMA IS A MOLTEN ROCK AND CAN ONLY BE ACHIEVED BY EXTREME TEMPERATURES SO WHEN IT ENTER CONTACT WITH FIRE,IT WILL SMOTHER,YES,BUT ALSO FUEL PART OF IT

FURTHERMORE,FIRE IS A REGENERATIVE FORM OF ENERGY SO MAGMA WON'T STOP IT'S BURNING

(breathes out)

So that was it

Eh, not necessarily. If it gets smothed it means the oxygen isn't there. Without oxygen to burn, fire can't happen.

Okay

Yeah,that makes sense

But wait,i have a retort

Logia users can create more of their element,right?

AND they can regenerate,right?

So when Akainu pierced Ace,he should have attacked Akainu without a problem

Except that Ace is inferior to Akainu, so no, he couldn't.

Akainu has facility for piercing bodies, has the elemental advantage and Haki to negate the intangibility. Ace couldn't counter that.

Ok let's work with comparisons

Let's create two characters with resistance to heat-One physical and One metaphysical

What you are saying is that the Mera and Magu relation is a physical resistance

What i am saying is that the Mera and Magu relation is a metaphysical resistance

Who do you think got support by Akainu words in the manga?

> AND they can regenerate,right?

Logia's don't technically regenerate. They just normally bypass conventional damage with their intangibility.

(sighs)

Okay,let's go through that one more time

Magma>Fire because Magma can smother flames right?

Except,there is a problem

The only way to smother a flame completely is to cover her Whole

If this doens't happen,the fire can proceed

Let's go through Ace death again

Akainu made a hole in him,it was fatal,and he died

Except,with the knowledge we have,he should have withstanded and created more of his Logia body to cover the damage

The only way for that hole to be permanent was to Negate Ace Fire Intangibility which is supported by Akainu words of "My magma can consume your Flames"

That's is one of my last defenses

> Except,with the knowledge we have,he should have withstanded and created more of his Logia body to cover the damage

That's not how Logias work.

Damage3245 said:
> Except,with the knowledge we have,he should have withstanded and created more of his Logia body to cover the damage
That's not how Logias work.
"A Logia user, when in their elemental form, can be shattered, split, or otherwise separated into multiple parts, sometimes down to the size of dust, and reform their bodies without injury, making them immune to dangers that would normally hurt or kill a regular human, or even Paramecia and Zoan users."

Except if a Logia actually takes damage, then they cannot repair that damage.

If Akainu surpassed Ace's resistance to heat (which we know he did since he explicitly said his attacks were hotter than Ace's), then he would have damaged Ace's true self. In which case being a Logia would do nothing for him.

SupremeGilgamesh said:
Damage3245 said:
> Except,with the knowledge we have,he should have withstanded and created more of his Logia body to cover the damageThat's not how Logias work.
"A Logia user, when in their elemental form, can be shattered, split, or otherwise separated into multiple parts, sometimes down to the size of dust, and reform their bodies without injury, making them immune to dangers that would normally hurt or kill a regular human, or even Paramecia and Zoan users."

Look let's go through Logias again

They allow the user to create,control and become a natural element

When they turn into a element,they gain Elemental Intangibility which uses of Regenerationn to work

Now let's look at Ace

His power is the Mera Mera no Mi(Litellary Meaning:Burning Burning Fruit)or the Fire Fire Fruit which allows him to become Fire

Fire is from the fourth state of matter,Plasma which has energy on it meaning Ace must have High Regenerationn

The only way to Ace to be pierced in this state is to be able to touch energy which falls on Intangibility

And...

sighs...

Look,what i am trying to say is following the statement of Akainu of Consuming Flames,Fourth State of Matter and Elemental Intangibility,it's just makes sense

As far as final defenses go, I don't think that was a good one. I'm not convinced and I think that this would be better off being closed now as both Calaca and myself have rejected this.

Back