• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Death of Portgas D. Ace

I went to reread the death of Ace again to analyze something

Akainu says in that moment that his fruit can overwhelm the flames of Ace fruit

Second what he says in one translation:"You are merely fire.I am magma that consumes fire"

And i thought what this meant about

So i read step by step

And that's is what i come up

The Magma fruit is superior to the Fire fruit because it can negate resistance to heat and limitedly negate fire/heat-based intagibility

That's my train of thought

At face value it would be extremely limited to only affecting those who's intangibility is fire/heat based and with heat colder than his yes.

This is what Akainu said btw

3da6e13fd559a8d3324e50010bf7cad8

Oda said the Mera Mera is the weaker in the clash.

Plus he can negate the intangibility with Haki.

No? He just surpassed Ace's resistance to heat.

That doesn't involve any special intangibility negation (besides his Haki).

What's left to analyze? Oda said the reason why Ace was overpowered it's because the Magu Magu is objectively > the Mera Mera and Akainu has Haki to circumvent the intangibility.

I wouldn't say superior heat, that's likely in reference to Ace's heat resistance as opposed to his intangiblilty being bypassed. Akainu's magma can smother the flames of the Mera Mera no Mi while also bypassing the natural heat Resistance of the Mera Mera no Mi while in their human form.

Okay Can i recount the event? Akainu says bad words about Whitebeard Ace gets angry They fight Ace gets burned "My magma is so hot it can consume flames"

What i am suggesting is that instead of Ace being weak to heat superior to him,it's maybe Akainu who is so powerful he can circumvent the heat resistance and intagibility granted by the Mera Mera no Mi

Also i want to read the raw scan of the question and answer about these two fruits

The official explanation says the opposite, so no. But look at the raws, although I doubt you'll find anything important enough to change the interpretation.

Any resistance can be bypassed by superior hax. A character that resists a mindhax that can affect only one mind can be affected by another that can affect thousands of minds.

Akainu here just overcame Ace's heat resistance with his magma that was much hotter, I don't see any new ability in that.

This isn't hax tho. Heat is AP based. For ace's weakness I think it's best to just leave the description but make it more justified. Like I'm pretty sure ace should be able to withstand heat from someone at least two times stronger than him

Heat is literally AP based. I also remember the threads it was discussed. Also discussing it again will get very annoying

Giving Akainu negation of flame based elemental intang is redundant. Magma is a thick substance that can suffocate and smother fire, depriving it of oxygen thus making fire impossible. It's basic chemistry and science, it's not something that necessarily needs to be on the profile.

The Prince of Counters said:
Giving Akainu negation of flame based elemental intang is redundant. Magma is a thick substance that can suffocate and smother fire, depriving it of oxygen thus making fire impossible. It's basic chemistry and science, it's not something that necessarily needs to be on the profile.
Bullshit42141412
I call bull

Flames are a Non-Physical Element that can't be touched by anything Solid or Liquid and will reform instantly when faced with something that interrupts their path

Furthermore,magma is a heat based element so when Akainu fisted Ace,he should have fueled Ace flames

And don't come with science because then i bring common logic

This is the only way Ace death can be explained instead of something that is paradoxical on itself

This is a bit ridiculous.

Akainu's Devil Fruit is stronger, Oda has confirmed the Magu Magu no mi to have the highest offense of any DF, so of course Ace didn't overcome it.

Akainu has Haki, he can negate durability.

Magma is a solid that smothers flame, of course it can extinguish fire.

There's literally no basis for giving Akainu intang negation here beyond Haki, his DF doesn't have that.

Ok

What part of the OP are you guys not reading?

I'm not talking about AP.I'm talking about pure hax

Pure Unaltedered Hax

Said hax is unrelated to the DF. Akainu uses Haki to negate intangibility, not DF powers.

Hax that has no source.

You're assuming the fruit has Intangibility Negation which isn't stated at all.

Yeah, I'm inventing Haki has NPI, true. I genuinely forgot that there's no evidence of it being the logia's counter.

BTW, SBS vol. 79 confirms the Magu Magu > Mera Mera.

Back