• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Should be a relatively straightforward thread.

All Logias should gain the following abilities, camouflage / stealth mastery. Logia's such as Crocodile are capable of blending in with the sand, effectively making himself unable to track.
0177-023.jpg

All Logias should be capable of absorbing their own naturally occurring element. We can see both Ace and Ceasar Clown doing such and those are not "unique." Logia's that differ from the rest.
qDruKSx_d.webp

Logia's should also gain unconventional resistance towards Absorbtion, as per SBS 705 Oda states if you were to try to consume a logia they'd be able to control you from the inside.
0705-021.jpg

Lastly this is the big one. All Logias outside of the Yami Yami no Mi should gain elemental / limited invulnerability. By now we all know the mechanics, without Haki or an elemental counter you cannot harm a Logia as a golden rule of thumb. Haki is known as the only sole way to deal with the "invincibility." of Logia's.
V7WIVRk_d.webp

Lastly this is the big one. All Logias outside of the Yami Yami no Mi should gain elemental / limited invulnerability. By now we all know the mechanics, without Haki or an elemental counter you cannot harm a Logia as a golden rule of thumb. Haki is known as the only sole way to deal with the "invincibility." of Logia's.
All Logias already possess Elemental Intangibility which covers this.

Logia's should also gain unconventional resistance towards Absorbtion, as per SBS 705 Oda states if you were to try to consume a logia they'd be able to control you from the inside
It's not clear that this would happen for all Logias. Oda's response is just about Aokiji.

All Logias should be capable of absorbing their own naturally occurring element. We can see both Ace and Ceasar Clown doing such and those are not "unique." Logia's that differ from the rest
This should be fine to add.

All Logias should gain the following abilities, camouflage / stealth mastery. Logia's such as Crocodile are capable of blending in with the sand, effectively making himself unable to track.
I think this should probably be left to the ones who demonstrated it. Not everyone is going to use their abilities for stealth.

I'm aware but I do think Elemental invulnerability makes more sense contextually. Logias aren't really "intangible." they're more so impervious to damage and reconstruct themselves upon interaction.

I'd personally be fine with replacing the Elemental Intangibility for that.
It's not clear that this would happen for all Logias. Oda's response is just about Aokiji.
Fair enough I suppose.
This should be fine to add.
Bet
I think this should probably be left to the ones who demonstrated it. Not everyone is going to use their abilities for stealth.
Would a "possible" rating suffice then?

Wouldn't a concrete rating work with Aokiji with a possibly for other logia users with the absorption part since it is referring to a logias trait of reforming.

Damage doesn't necessarily seem against the idea of invulnerability. He just said it's already covered by elemental intangibility to which I believe elemental invulnerability works better. But I won't push it either obviously.

The issue is we now have logia's who still function the same way as the rest with their true bodies & elemental bodies but don't actually have intangible elemental bodies (Aramaki)

While the current profile lists him having intangibility it isn't at all accurate as his Logia form is completely tangible.

Logias should gain the following abilities, camouflage / stealth mastery.
I guess agree
All Logias should be capable of absorbing their own naturally occurring element.
Agree
Logia's should also gain unconventional resistance towards Absorbtion
I think I agree, as it shown to not work with crocodile and the statement of aokiji... But could just be the effects of regeneration?
All Logias outside of the Yami Yami no Mi should gain elemental / limited invulnerability. By now we all know the mechanics, without Haki or an elemental counter you cannot harm a Logia as a golden rule of thumb. Haki is known as the only sole way to deal with the "invincibility." of Logia's.
Neutral with the abilities but true

All logias should also get Creation I think

The issue is we now have logia's who still function the same way as the rest with their true bodies & elemental bodies but don't actually have intangible elemental bodies (Aramaki)

While the current profile lists him having intangibility it isn't at all accurate as his Logia form is completely tangible.
It's still a form of intangibility. Not the phasing kind or the dispersing kind, but it is elemental intangibility.

It's still a form of intangibility. Not the phasing kind or the dispersing kind, but it is elemental intangibility.
Elemental intangibility is given it's intangibility due to the body dispersing via the page:
Elemental Intangibility: The ability to become intangible by transforming into a substance, such as wind, fire, or water, making it so that most attacks merely disperse them instead of truly damaging them, allowing them to regenerate. However, this would still leave the user vulnerable to many forms of attack, such as sufficiently powerful energy or elemental attacks.

I can't really see how something as tangible as wood can be considered intangible here.

Elemental intangibility is given it's intangibility due to the body dispersing via the page:

I can't really see how something as tangible as wood can be considered intangible here.
It's because it's the users true body that is intangible here. Smash the wood apart and you still do no damage to the user. Their true body isn't tangible.

It's because it's the users true body that is intangible here. Smash the wood apart and you still do no damage to the user. Their true body isn't tangible.
Uhh no don't think so... Their true body simply won't be there but the elemental one will

Also Logia intangibility is a bit different than normal Elemental Intangibility. You can have NPI for Elements but that doesn't hamper a Logia since you need to negate the transformation. Hence why Buso users have Elemental Intangibility negation and not standard NPI. Being able to hit them won't stop them from reforming.

That isn't "intangible."

Every Logia is essentially "tangible." even random fodder can shoot and interact with Mera Mera users, Magu Magu, Hie Hie users, etc.

That isn't "intangible."

Every Logia is essentially "tangible." even random fodder can shoot and interact with Mera Mera users, Magu Magu, Hie Hie users, etc.
Only in a limited sense.

A person can interact with a fire too; they wave their hand through it and the fire with flicker and move. It doesn't mean it's not elementally intangible.

Don't think so? As you said their true body is intangible implying that their elemental body is also their true body which doesn't make sense
Their true body is intangible =/= their elemental body is also their true body. If that was the case then you wouldn't be able to touch their elemental bodies which we know isn't true.

What the ordinary person isn't able to touch is their true bodies.

Only in a limited sense.

A person can interact with a fire too; they wave their hand through it and the fire with flicker and move. It doesn't mean it's not elementally intangible.
Yeah that's what I'm trying to say, it's less that they're intangible and more so impervious to lasting damage.

I get that and I agree with your interpretation of how logia's function, the issue is that doesn't fall under any form of intangibility listed on the page. The page being pretty specific in it's types with the need to either phase or disperse from attacks.

Yee, via only being able to interact with the elemental one
So we're in agreement.

Yeah that's what I'm trying to say, it's less that they're intangible and more so impervious to lasting damage.
I just think the better term in this case is elemental intangibility, rather than elemental invulnerability, even if we're talking about the same thing in effect.

So we're in agreement.
I think so... Just didn't understand when you talked about their true body, their true body is the one they are born with... I thought you said they are intangible as well (which then kinda implies that your saying their elemental one is the same as their true one) which confused me

I just think the better term in this case is elemental intangibility, rather than elemental invulnerability, even if we're talking about the same thing in effect.
I mean it's the same thing really for the most part. I just think the invulnerability covers all the Logia's for the most part, especially the ones who are outright solid like Kuzan and Greenbull.

Limited for the first since they require their element to be in the environment it seems. Disagree with invulnerability only. Everything else seems fine

Aokiji's case seen like body puppetry. I agree with absorption, and camouflage makes sense (Since this is limited to the respective element of the logia). Invulnerability would be the case for logias that are made purely from solid elements (ice, sand, plants), although damage is right about they still being intangible in some form.

Back