• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The commoners thread: Discussing Ultima's "On the Many, Many Incoherences of the Tiering System"

Honestly no point in arguing with anyone here. Just wait for the crt to come out. It's crazy when ppl who have zero knowledge on a verse debate about it. Even Ultima recognizes the root as one of the most consistent tier 0 being but oh well.
You say that as if Ultima has a reputation for being ultra-strict in regards to high-tier beings.

lol

You say that as if Ultima has a reputation for being ultra-strict in regards to high-tier beings.
I've seen Ultima outrightly deny several high tiers from reaching a certain level. Heck, even he used to disagree with the Root reaching High 1A before he became enlightened.
That reminds me our lord and saviour, Deagonx, would be here to definitely "help" Nasuverse reach tier 0. Man I really forgot he still existed. How am I gonna keep my sanity once the tier 0 Root thread releases?😒

Last edited:
See I have nothing to add, but I am very strict myself when it comes to tiering and I can say Ultima is on my level of strictness, if not above. It's just I'm right and he's wrong in most things we argue over.

Didn't expect that to be controversial, even he agreed with it xd

All evaluating staff for these high-tier things land within a certain range of not being completely insane. Out of the ~15 regular evaluating staff for high tiers we've had over the last ~7 years, I think he's in the 20% least-strict.

In comparison to some battleboarders sure he's strict. But things like "He's rejected a few upgrade attempts!" and "He once rejected a tier 0 upgrade for a verse he liked!" aren't special, they're basic sanity checks.

All evaluating staff for these high-tier things land within a certain range of not being completely insane. Out of the ~15 regular evaluating staff for high tiers we've had over the last ~7 years, I think he's in the 20% least-strict.
Agnaa we all know you're pulling random numbers. Ultima qualitatively answered your question pretty well in the previous discussion thread. He won fair and triangle let him have the lemonlight.

Last edited:
Transformers could've been tier 0, if they posited their shit correctly. They were actually cooking with Ein Sof, but it has composition so its not Tier 0
How well is Ein Sof described? Ultimate consider Ein Sof 0 but you gotta have some basis and not randomly invoke names especially if it's not fitting the idea that Ein Sof isn't the most powerful thing in their verse.

If you have scans I would love to check them.

Despite my ambitions, my every act driven by malice, spite, or naked greed, the almighty Matrix is prepared to receive me into the fold. Its purity is blinding, wondrous. A perfect realm of Truth and
Beauty. And upon my return, I will become one with the AllSpark, and it with me. In return for relinquishing my individuality I will once again assimilate into its
infinitude, attaining omniscience and omnipresence. I am giddy with the prospect of uniting with such
a force.
And all it will cost me is my individualism.
Is attaining infinity worth my very soul? Below me I can see myself in the realm of the Kingdom... a strangely strobing Spark battling with the insolent Rattrap, who wrestles to control my energized life-force using a Spark Extractor. Their grappling seems so petty from here. The stakes
pathetically minute.
If this is how it's being described then 0 can be in a discussion.

How well is Ein Sof described? Ultimate consider Ein Sof 0 but you gotta have some basis and not randomly invoke names especially if it's not fitting the idea that Ein Sof isn't the most powerful thing in their verse.

If you have scans I would love to check them.
image.png

Basic context here is that the character is traversing the tree of life, and is reaching the crown, highest point in the kabbalah, uniting with the source of all beings

But as I said, the verse posits it incorrectiy as it has spatial properties and composition

It is wild to me that anyone thinks this.

In comparison to some battleboarders sure he's strict. But things like "He's rejected a few upgrade attempts!" and "He once rejected a tier 0 upgrade for a verse he liked!" aren't special, they're basic sanity checks.
Right, by this metric "ultra-strict" can basically be used to describe anyone who does not blindly rubber stamp any and all upgrades.

Right, by this metric "ultra-strict" can basically be used to describe anyone who does not blindly rubber stamp any and all upgrades.
Tell me Deagon, what verse do you even like? Is there any verse where you're willing to let even the slightest bit of anti-feat slide for an upgrade? Like I've never seen you agree to any upgrade ever and you only make downgrade crts. I'm not trying to be rude or anything. Just curious.

Tell me Deagon, what verse do you even like? Is there any verse where you're willing to let even the slightest bit of anti-feat slide for an upgrade? Like I've never seen you agree to any upgrade ever and you only make downgrade crts. I'm not trying to be rude or anything. Just curious.
This attitude, of thinking people let anti-feats slide for verses they like, is exactly the issue.

I'm not Deagon ofc, but I'd say I care more about anti-feats for verses I like, since I'm more invested in them getting indexed properly. I make writeups like this and this and this out of love.

This attitude, of thinking people let anti-feats slide for verses they like, is exactly the issue.

I'm not Deagon ofc, but I'd say I care more about anti-feats for verses I like, since I'm more invested in them getting indexed properly. I make writeups like this and this and this out of love.
I mean, I do think it's normal to allow a lil bit if bias for your fav verse when it comes to extremely minor antifeats that could be dismissed. Maybe It's just me.

I was joking earlier about Ultima being strict. However, clearly, when anti-feats are there can be discussion made for those rather than berate Ultima as someone whose lenient. That just gives off the wrong impression that he's an easy person to sway, which may come off as the wrong rub to some people. So I rather, go with having a little bias and less prejudice toward the source material than this notion of being concretely strict with everything that goes nowhere. That's my two cents.

Really it just comes down to personal scaling philosophies imo. Like at the end of the day, powerscaling is supposed to be - get this - fun
This is really ironic because of the portion of people who believe in the doctrine of “strictness” that a little sway would be ultimately a catalyst to them. So they just take the fun out of power scaling because they think everything needs to be reviewed down to the nook and cranny.

I mean people find enjoyment in striving for what they believe to be the most accurate versions of these characters' stats and abilities. But obviously, yeah, it becomes a drag when it gets to the point of taking the fun out of it
I mean it goes both ways especially if we're being too open to giving ratings that are not supported by source material. However, there are some clear, for lack of better words, “party poopers” in the scaling community. nudge nudge Agnaa.

Last edited:
Tell me Deagon, what verse do you even like?
I'm a big fan of DC, I'm also a big fan of Type-Moon and Re:Zero.

Is there any verse where you're willing to let even the slightest bit of anti-feat slide for an upgrade?
I mean, I do think it's normal to allow a lil bit if bias for your fav verse when it comes to extremely minor antifeats that could be dismissed. Maybe It's just me.
Antifeats rarely are what drive a downgrade. Most often it's that the reasoning for the upgrade was bad or the evidence doesn't actually say what it's made out to say in the profiles.

I mean it goes both ways especially if we're being too open to giving ratings that are not supported by source material. However, there are some clear, for lack of better words, “party poopers” in the scaling community. nudge nudge Agnaa.
You clearly haven't read my dissertation on which fictional vampires would regenerate from circumcision.

Back