• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

How many of you guys believe in the tiering system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
By believing in the tiering system I mean you think it can accurately describe a character's capabilities along with the other systems. That is to say, whatever a well researched VSBW says is something that applies to the character. When you say a character is X tier, they are really X tier.

If you don't believe in it, then you see it as inaccurate, but fun.

Follow up question: if you don't think VSBW's tiering system is accurate, do you care about that? Do you want to make it more accurate?

The tiering system is a myth made by the gods of vsbw to brainwash members into the idea of taking over the world, soon, the vsbw gods will come down and collect their army of brainwashed soldiers and wage war on the fandom gods, the battle will end in vsbw's victory according to scrolls made by giants from millions of years ago.

A serious answer is that there are many flaws with this one and basically all tiering systems, some of those flaws can be corrected but some can't. The tiering is based on standards but the only actual accurate tiering would be what the author wants it to be, but unfortunately for most verses we don't have that.

partially. I very much disagree with some parts of the tiering system.

I'd say that the ones I think are generally accurate are everything from tier 11-C til Low 2-C but afterwards there's the whole thing with the fact that you can't jump to 2-B with multipliers. I still hold firmly to the belief that assuming universes to be X distance away from each other with X being unknown and thus unsurpassable is extremely dumb and most portrayals of different universes show people go from one to another normally without caring about distance and are often shown to be about the same distance away from each other. Thus I think people should be able to jump from baseline 2-C to 2-B with a multiplier higher than 500. Everything from 2-A til Low 1-A seems fine though tbh I've always been sus on uncountable infinity since technically its just glorified infinity imo. Current 1-A though? Yeah I kinda don't like it at all. Especially the fact that r>f just gets you there super fast. At this point I've seen a fair share of characters who fit the classic r>f being Low 1-C or tier 1 thing (like Novel Godzilla Ultima having r>f but being bound by dimensions or the narrator or watcher or whatever his name was from MCU who views everything as a story and calls himself a 5-D entity). The tier 0 revisions feel sorta reasonable but weird none the less.

to those who consider the tiering system accurate at its core: what would make you change your mind?

On a general level, there is not and never will be one universal system of ranking that applies to every character from every setting, so I think that should be kept in mind when criticism is afforded, mathematics and stuff aside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back