• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The commoners thread: Discussing Ultima's "On the Many, Many Incoherences of the Tiering System"

Would platonic concepts be outer here then if the revision goes through
In the same way lasers are Lightspeed, I suppose. As in, a verse that represents the full gamut of the original Theory of Forms is certainly 1-A (And 0) under the proposals, but fiction so rarely depicts it correctly that "Platonic" might as well be of the same value as "laser," feat-wise.

Since concepts would cover over all possible extension of something would someone who is literal concept of dimensions be High 1-B/High 1-B+?
In the same way lasers are Lightspeed, I suppose. As in, a verse that represents the full gamut of the original Theory of Forms is certainly 1-A (And 0) under the proposals, but fiction so rarely depicts it correctly that "Platonic" might as well be of the same value as "laser," feat-wise.

Outerversal Aslan enjoyers can breathe again

Ultima's thread is now the third-most viewed staff discussion in site history and is on track to become the most viewed.

This won't stop people from finding a shred of the smallest resemblance to a Theory of Forms to celebrate their verse being Tier 1 however.

Ultima's thread is now the third-most viewed staff discussion in site history and is on track to become the most viewed.
Eh… it should overtake the second most viewed, but probably not the first, seeing as the thread will likely be over soon.

For one thing, the current tally is so absurdly lopsided in Ultima’s favor, it’s not even funny.

For another thing, the few staff who haven’t voted (Armorchompy, Lordtracer, KLOL) seem very much on Ultima’s side and are upvoting all his arguments, so it’s not like the tides will turn in favor of the opposition.

Lastly, nothing new has been added amongst the most recent posts, as they’ve followed an exclusive pattern of [DT creates a series of “gotcha” arguments proving R>F isn’t beyond dimensionality, and Ultima points out how some of those examples don’t even follow the current standards for R>F, so the counter-examples hold little weight].

At this point, it’s a matter of how much Ultima’s willing to compromise and concede out of good will, because he has enough to push everything through right now. I think the opposition should move from trying to debunk Ultima’s greater arguments to appealing to him for as many concessions as possible.

I was never mocking you in the first place. You responded to an obviously sarcastic post about Platonic Forms being 1-A as though it wasn't sarcasm, so I responded with further sarcasm. Yeah, I could've just said "u right I was just joking" but I felt it was obvious enough.

I was never mocking you in the first place. You responded to an obviously sarcastic post about Platonic Forms being 1-A as though it wasn't sarcasm, so I responded with further sarcasm. Yeah, I could've just said "u right I was just joking" but I felt it was obvious enough.
As a moderator who has to constantly deal with derailing, I've become easily irked by even the slightest hint of such and tend to respond in the most deadpan of ways.
Eh… it should overtake the second most viewed, but probably not the first, seeing as the thread will likely be over soon.

For one thing, the current tally is so absurdly lopsided in Ultima’s favor, it’s not even funny.

For another thing, the few staff who haven’t voted (Armorchompy, Lordtracer, KLOL) seem very much on Ultima’s side and are upvoting all his arguments, so it’s not like the tides will turn in favor of the opposition.

Lastly, nothing new has been added amongst the most recent posts, as they’ve followed an exclusive pattern of [DT creates a series of “gotcha” arguments proving R>F isn’t beyond dimensionality, and Ultima points out how some of those examples don’t even follow the current standards for R>F, so the counter-examples hold little weight].

At this point, it’s a matter of how much Ultima’s willing to compromise and concede out of good will, because he has enough to push everything through right now. I think the opposition should move from trying to debunk Ultima’s greater arguments to appealing to him for as many concessions as possible.
"Conceding out of good will" isn't something I would want Ultima to do, as I wholeheartedly agree with all of his points. That being said, the pace at which this thread racks up views will likely let it overtake the Roshi thread too, which I know from repeatedly watching its progress, as Ultima hasn't talked with Agnaa yet.

As a moderator who has to constantly deal with derailing, I've become easily irked by even the slightest hint of such and tend to respond in the most deadpan of ways.
That's understandable, I imagine that sort of thing would be annoying if it was a genuine argument someone was making, but I thought my use of emojis was what indicated the sarcasm. I've genuinely never seen anyone use 😤 to convey a serious tone... but yeah, either way, I'm not trying to start any fights here.

"Conceding out of good will" isn't something I would want Ultima to do, as I wholeheartedly agree with all of his points. That being said, the pace at which this thread racks up views will likely let it overtake the Roshi thread too, which I know from repeatedly watching its progress, as Ultima hasn't talked with Agnaa yet.
I agree that there isn't any reason for Ultima to try and compromise here. He's refuted all of DT's arguments by this point and a lot of DT's arguments are essentially the same few arguments being repeated over and over, something which Ultima himself even points out. I'm just wondering how much longer the thread is going to last and whether or not Agnaa's arguments will be different here.

I'm actually more surprised by how high Roshi's Feat is. I wonder which revision could surpass that... If not even such a drastic revision in the Tiering system can...

@Ultima_Reality What does Agnaa mean here?

@Ultima_Reality What does Agnaa mean here?
That debate on Discord was about the topic of whether fiction is absolute nothingness or not. I've long shaved that off my arguments, though, since they refined a bit further as the thread progressed.

🤷 God only knows. I'll see if Agnaa has anything to add that DontTalk hasn't already said. Regardless of whether he does or not, we'll eventually just wrap it up and cast it to the votes.
By ProfectusInfinity's tally, the support you have is overwhelming.
I just thought I'd create a tally of the current progress, if no one minds.

Agree​

Antvasima (Agrees as long as the new tiers have detailed requirements)​

Ultima_Reality (Thread Starter)​

DarkDragonMedeus (Agrees with 1-A being the tier for qualitative superiorities to dimensionality, initially neutral on R>F being 1-A by default before eventually agreeing with it too)​

DarkGrath (Agreed with everything at first, failed to change her mind after hearing the counters)​

Elizhaa (Agrees with everything)​

Sir_Ovens (Agrees with everything)​

Andytrenom (Agrees with 1-A being the tier for qualitative superiorities to dimensionality, disagrees with R>F being 1-A by default)​

Everything12 (Agrees with everything)​

Planck69 (Agrees with everything)​

CrimsonStarFallen (Agrees with everything)​

Theglassman12 (Agrees with everything)​

IdiosyncraticLawyer (Thinks productive changes should result from the CRT, defends all of Ultima's points)​

Phoenks (Agrees with everything)​

Executor_N0 (Agrees that Ultima's post reveals how the current system fails to effectively encompass all of fiction)​

CloverDragon03 (Agrees with everything)​

Neutral​

Crabwhale (Ain't reading allat)​

KLOL506 (Asked some questions, hasn't voted himself)​

AbaddonTheDisappointment (Asked some questions, hasn't voted himself)​

Disagree​

DontTalkDT (Thinks the notion of composite hierarchies already addresses Ultima's concerns regarding R>F equalization)​

Agnaa (Disagrees with everything)​

Qawsedf234 (Thinks it's unnecessary to create a new system aimed at categorizing all of fiction effectively, as such is impossible)​

Deagonx (R>F is simply better off likened to a single dimensional jump than something beyond dimensional scale)​

Yeesh... I knew this vote would end up lopsided, but this is an absolute slaughter in favor of Ultima💀.

what does this get?

Feat: a book absorb people into a story and force them to follow the plot.
The reader can communicate with the real characters who were trapped .

The first thing is right, the second is wrong.
SCP won't be tier 0 anymore? Why?
what does this get?

Feat: a book absorb people into a story and force them to follow the plot.
The reader can communicate with the real characters who were trapped .
This is kinda unrelated to the thread but
I'd say it gives the book subjective reality that can affect 3D beings and Plot manipulation on a Tier 11 scale unless the plot manipulation can work on 3D beings while they're 3D.

Y'all would have to elaborate more on that cuz I don't get it. Make a page explaining Tier 0 for dummies when time comes.

Back