• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Bizzare Rating of the Jojo OVA

If you link to all of the evidence for the feats that you need calculated, I can ask some calc group members for help with doing so.
@M3X @Migue79 @Therefir @KieranH10

Would any of you be willing to handle this please? We seem to have hit a dead end here otherwise. Tell us here if you accept.

If you link to all of the evidence for the feats that you need calculated, I can ask some calc group members for help with doing so.
@DemonGodMitchAubin @Migue79 @Antoniofer

Perhaps it is better to ask if any of you are willing to handle this instead, as you seem to be interested in the series. Tell us here if you accept please.

It seems better if you copy-paste the thread that you are redirected to in that case.

As of now, there is only Jotaro on the OVA section, and it's just... odd. The OVA shows some higher degree in powerscaling:

DIO throwing a fricking boat at Jotaro, which, if you get the average weight number, it's about twice as heavy as the steamroller DIO throwed at Jotaro in the manga.
Star Platinum throwing a building at DIO, which is at least a 9-A feat, so you can already add that to his profile.
Kakyoin's 20-meter radius Emerald Splash destroying various buildings, which is huge comparing to the manga (it's at least 8-C, already surpassing most of the environmental destruction in canon JoJo).

So, should we add the rest of the OVA crew in the non-canon section? It's worth it, in my opinion.

(ok, that was all, it was my first thread lol)

here's everything

also i got this from the stuff i found on youtube, because i have no access to the OVAs as a whole... this thing is just too uncanny lol

yeah, but i don't know how to do that, and the post was not that big
Okay. You can just copy the URL at the top of the page, but if it is a personal sandbox page for you alone, we cannot see it.

Anyway, if you need feats calculated, you probably need to go here and ask, in lack of better options, as our calc group members seemed uninterested when I asked them here:

Last edited:
but if it is a personal sandbox page for you alone, we cannot see it.
maybe that's what it is, thanks ant!

Anyway, if you need feats calculated, you probably need to go here and ask, in lack of better options, as our calc group members seemed uninterested when I asked them here:

https://vsbattles.com/threads/calculation-requests-thread-new-forum.107525/
i will try to do it myself, shouldn't be too hard, but yeah, i will keep an eye to this

Last edited by a moderator:
Gonna have to shoot that down, you're gonna need to get an actual height and speed, no presumptions.

You don't need to guess, there's enough shots to angsize to get it, you even get a shot of the debris in the sky when Dio launches Jotaro to the El Qsar Nile bridge.

Though it's kind of redundant anyway, it's best suited as a lifting feat, and it's outclassed by Dio tossing vehicles like a few dozen stories literally seconds prior.

Gonna have to shoot that down, you're gonna need to get an actual height and speed, no presumptions.

You don't need to guess, there's enough shots to angsize to get it, you even get a shot of the debris in the sky when Dio launches Jotaro to the El Qsar Nile bridge.

Though it's kind of redundant anyway, it's best suited as a lifting feat, and it's outclassed by Dio tossing vehicles like a few dozen stories literally seconds prior.
i calced it as a lifting feat tho

We literally just need to calc the boat, the other shit is nice and all but they're far less crucial, the boat feat is straightforward, blatant, scales directly to our only profile as its his feat, and is, in THEORY, easy to calc.
The other things like Dio tossing vehicles is easy to do for LS, and the other AP feats are all doable but far less important, they come second especially as every other feat would require scaling.

The issue lies in that boat destruction feat, there's one issue, the only issue, is I couldn't find any info online regarding boat schematics, dimensions and material usage or even just material percentage, in order to get values to calc it.
Otherwise it would've been done like 3 years ago. I've looked into it a multitude of times, even tried looking up the writing on the boat he tosses to see if it was based on anything, got nothing.
The only thing stopping me, or I assume anyone for that matter, in calcing it, is we don't got the details on it to calculate what violently destroying it would yield, like for cars or tanks that stuff is more readily available but a random tugboat? Apparently not. That's honestly the only issue, someone finds that and we could have it done in like five minutes.

ok so i searched alot about tugboats, and i found some stuff
the original is in portuguese because i couldn't find much about it in english and it would probably be what you would expect
but i did a rough translation to english, so here is what i found:
----

A tugboat can be divided in two types:

Port (harbour) tug: small vessel, high power engines (over 600 HP [HP = horsepower]) and high maneuverability, used in the berthing and unberthing services of large ships. It also provides transport services for personnel and small loads in port areas. It does not have enough stability to be used far from the land coast.

Deep-sea tug: large vessel, high power (motors up to 10,000 HP) and extensive radius of action. Intended for rescue missions of damaged vessels, fire fighting and rescue of personnel far from port areas.
---
from what we can see it's a port tug, so let's actually analyze that type of tugboat

here is the actual feat and it's hard to actually see if it has any type of cargo at all so yeah, let's assume it has none for the time being
i also found a site (in english) with this topic if you guys wanna check it out but be warned, most of the info is useless
anyway, here is some piece of info that can be used:

"... the vessels/barges operating along the European inland waterways are classified regarding the load capacity into nine classes: A (251–450 ton), B (451–650 ton), C (651–850 ton), D (851–1050 ton), E (1051–1250 ton), F (1251–1800 ton), G > 1800 ton, H (Push tug (2)—5800 ton), I (Push tug (4)—10,800 ton) The barges used on the River Mississippi (USA) have the capacity of 925, 1100, 1500, 1990, and 3100 ton. The tanks for chemical are of the capacity of 1425 ton (CECW-CP, 2004)."

now, the reason why this is important is because, even though we are in egypt, the boat has a logo: raab karcher which is a european company

so we can use these load capacities, but since it is a port tug, i say we can use them.
the reason?
simple, from the video, we can see that there is a cloth protecting the front of the boat, a cloth that is most used to protect containers from rain and etc.

sure it could be a normal cloth tho so yeah, you'll decide if i'm just making a useless essay or not haha
----

from wikipedia:
"... harbour tugboats that are employed exclusively as ship assist vessels are generally smaller and their width-to-length ratio is often higher..."

Harbour tugs typically range from 20 to 32 metres in length.
----

as for the materials to make the tugboat, almost all i could find was saying they use the same material as any other boat, but since the design is so different, it serves different purposes.

from what we can gather in the video, the lower part and the sides are made from wood, which was normal in older boats before steel became mainstream (and not for military purposes only)

"Hull is substantially crafted from white oak. Frames are on 22-inch centers, created from double sawn futtocks 6 inches thick and 12 inches moulded (depth)."

here is what i found on sciencedirect: In most cases, the hull steel weight may be estimated to be within 10% by an analysis based on hydrostatic pressures alone (local strength). The dynamic loads are important for local strengthening and fatigue checks which are normally performed in the later stages of a design, but these refinements normally add a small amount to the weight, usually less than 15%.
----

so now we have a way to estimate the ship's total weight!!! (since i couldn't find anything about it's weight, not even a typical x to y range)

since the hull is 10-15% (mid-high end) of the boat's total weight, we could just take it's proportions and scale it

i know it's using steel, but if that's the case just scale it to this thingy i found
"In stress tests it becomes obvious that steel is over 3 times stronger than green oak, but what also needs to be remembered is that steel is 10 times heavier, and as such the strength / weight ratio of clear dry oak is superior to steel..."
---

sorry for the big (and probably useless) essay made at 1am but i hope it helps!!

Thank you XVII, this might be balling 🤨 hopefully
haha yeah

i made a small calc using this thesis (it could be wrong but meh)
----

White oak weighs about 770 kg/m³ when dried.

22 inches = 55,88cm

lowest end (using hull as 15%, 2:1 ratio and 20 meters of length) = 200m * 0,5588m = 111,76m³ (volume)
= (111,76 * 770) / 10 = 8.605,52 metric tons (hull)
= 8.605,52 / 0,15 = 57.370,1333 metric tons (weight of the ship)

so the ship would weight 57,3 tons approximately, which is pretty good considering the average boat weight, it's kinda valid

Well based on that we can safely say the feat is at least 8-C given v.fragging 57 tons of white oak is baseline 8-C.

But that's technically inaccurate, there's steel we have to account for, along with glass, plastic, rubber, just a bunch of shit, and the tug boat Dio threw obviously had quite a bit of steel. That's the main issue, we don't know the exact percentages of the rest of it and what said materials make it up per percent.
Though it doesn't look 20m so that would mitigate some of that. I guess I'll scale it next time I have time.

Well based on that we can safely say the feat is at least 8-C given v.fragging 57 tons of white oak is baseline 8-C.

But that's technically inaccurate, there's steel we have to account for, along with glass, plastic, rubber, just a bunch of shit, and the tug boat Dio threw obviously had quite a bit of steel. That's the main issue, we don't know the exact percentages of the rest of it and what said materials make it up per percent.
Though it doesn't look 20m so that would mitigate some of that. I guess I'll scale it next time I have time.
yeah, but hey, at least we know it has to be way higher than 8-C so there is still hope for a 8-B jojo 😺

Here are some dimensions of one.

• Length overall: 25.90 m.
  • Length between perpendiculars: 23.10 m.
  • Breadth, molded (excluding hull thickness): 6.80 m.
  • Depth, molded (excluding hull thickness): 2.80 m.
  • Draft, molded (excluding hull thickness): 2.10 m.

Here are some dimensions of one.

• Length overall: 25.90 m.
  • Length between perpendiculars: 23.10 m.
  • Breadth, molded (excluding hull thickness): 6.80 m.
  • Depth, molded (excluding hull thickness): 2.80 m.
  • Draft, molded (excluding hull thickness): 2.10 m.
it's all coming together babyyyyyyyy

Back