• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Bizzare Rating of the Jojo OVA

Okay, so there is a calculation and it has been accepted then? Which members here think that we should scale from it and which ones not?

Nobody has applied the 8-C calc to OVA!Jotaro profile. I also think there is some issue regarding the 7-C calc (not the calc itself, but cuz it is such a high result), so we can only apply the 8-C Rating.
Is somebody willing to apply what has been accepted here? Also, what else, if anything, is left to do here?

Tried to look into the feat - Kakyion destroying some stuff with emerald splash in the OVA - but didn't know how to calc it. So gave up on that endeavor. I'm also currently trying to do my own stuff for a verse via making calcs for a massive verse-wide CRT that affects almost every character for To Aru no Majutsu Index and making the thread itself once I calc'ed all of the important feats.

This has been bugging me for a bit so I’d hope I can get some interest in fixing this. Currently the Jojo OVA has pages such as this with a “Unknown” rating on AP and Durability despite even the page itself showing multiple noteworthy feats (and also the lost phantom blood movie. Is that really canon to this?).
Speedwagon is literally just not part of that movie, and it's also lost media, so how are we to powerscale it

Okay. So what should we currently do here then?
Calc the feats, which is happening, it's just happening very, very slowly given the OVA is at the bottom of the priority compared to the rest of the verse.
I've got like 1 or 2 done in the meantime, but we're probably still 10 months off from finishing, unless someone wants to calc a few key feats but I've already inquired with the calc dudes I know personally

Last edited:
Calc the feats, which is happening, it's just happening very, very slowly given the OVA is at the bottom of the priority compared to the rest of the verse.
I've got like 1 or 2 done in the meantime, but we're probably still 10 months off from finishing, unless someone wants to calc a few key feats but I've already inquired with the calc dudes I know personally
Okay. Thank you for helping out. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

nah they're not.
You know that "no" isn't an argument right? Burden of proof is on you in this situation.
Prove the movie made by the same studio, for the same verse, with numerous overlapping parallels is actually a completely disconnected stand-alone form of media not at all intended to have connections to the sequel they did a few years prior.
This is like arguing Part 3 of the JoJo anime isn't connected to Part 4 even though they're obviously intended to be.

You know that "no" isn't an argument right? Burden of proof is on you in this situation.
Prove the movie made by the same studio, for the same verse, with numerous overlapping parallels is actually a completely disconnected stand-alone form of media not at all intended to have connections to the sequel they did a few years prior.
This is like arguing Part 3 of the JoJo anime isn't connected to Part 4 even though they're obviously intended to be.
The art style is different!!!! that maeans part 3 and 4 are in different timlines!!!!!!!!!!

The art style is different!!!! that maeans part 3 and 4 are in different timlines!!!!!!!!!!
They don't even treat the movie as being different, among the unsuspectingly hight amount of interviews on the subject, to even just basic adds.

WSJ_Feb_26_2007_OVA_%26_Movie_Ad.png

The intent is obviously "we're making a part 1 movie, that is a prequel to our part 3 show". You could even argue that due to words like saying the world of jojo movie/anime is expanding, or that the start of it all is going to unfold on the big screen (on the same page that features part 3 ova) is evidence enough.

The intent is obviously "we're making a part 1 movie, that is a prequel to our part 3 show". You could even argue that due to words like saying the world of jojo movie/anime is expanding, or that the start of it all is going to unfold on the big screen (on the same page that features part 3 ova) is evidence enough.
then that's really incoherent bc of no speedwagon

Nobody said the movie was any good, they cut out a bunch of shit, but then again, so did the OVA
he's also in it, he just doesn't play a major role like in the manga

Basically. Not fully. There's trailers, 16 minutes of test footage and an expo clip among other strays bits and pieces.
We don't have the full movie but about 20m of that movie exists online, though only 16 minutes of it is in order.

Back