• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Bizzare Rating of the Jojo OVA

I can live with that. Hey, question. Can we restrict OVA Jotaro's TS like we can with Canon!Jotaro or nah? Also, since there isn't a part 4 OVA, does one require regular NPI to see OVA!Jotaro's SP or does one require layered NPI to see OVA!Star Plat? I am vaguely aware that non-ova folks whose stands require their opponent to have layered NPI to see and interact with them due to stands not being able to be seen or interacted by ghosts due to Remi.

Do they have good renders though?
yeah

images

phantom blood: someone just add a transparent bg and clip it

Also Jotaro himself still needs calcs. He does have 9-B feats here and there, and he even deflects a blow from DIO at some point, though that could be an outlier.

Why are we going with possibly again?
I'm still honestly not sure if the Phantom Blood Movie and Stardust Crusaders OVA are even in the same continuity. With Speedwagon apparently not being a thing, he doesn't exist in the movie, like there's no 5 seconds of speedwagon with minor role, he completely doesn't exist.
I viewed other people's opinions on this matter in the Phantom Blood Movie cord and they seem torned, it is either their part of the same continuity or not. No definitive proof that their in the same universe other than being animated by the same people.

I don't want to ruin your fun but, that's kind of a tremendous outlier if tier 7, nothing in the OVA even comes to 1/100th of that.

Ok so assuming the scaling is the same between ova and manga, dio at the end of p1 would be x5 zeppeli
Also no, OVA Movie is extremely different, unless the statement is in the movie, it wouldn't apply, and given how butchered the Phantom Blood movie is, it's safer to assume to isn't in it, then assuming it is.

Nah there's lot to work with, it's just like, what we have to work with isn't exactly as simple as calcing a dude putting a hole in a wall or breaking a boulder.

The Kak feat should be easy to do, in theory, but then comes the issue of what's the scale of the destruction? Where does the destruction end and the smoke begin? Was it superficial? Was it frag, v.frag, pulv? Like we can see the feat happen but a lot of the details aren't known.

I'm still honestly not sure if the Phantom Blood Movie and Stardust Crusaders OVA are even in the same continuity. With Speedwagon apparently not being a thing, he doesn't exist in the movie, like there's no 5 seconds of speedwagon with minor role, he completely doesn't exist.
I viewed other people's opinions on this matter in the Phantom Blood Movie cord and they seem torned, it is either their part of the same continuity or not. No definitive proof that their in the same universe other than being animated by the same people.
Speedwagon is still present in the Part 2 OVA storyboards on the SC OVA DVD so I really just thing Studio A.P.P.P. was really pressured with the time limit they were given, hence Speedwagon's presence decreasing in Part 1

What I'm saying might not really help much, its just sad that the time limit of the OVA seemingly limited the studio in a few places (though the movie did get some god reception in Japan apparently so IMO I think the shit the movie gets tends to be overblown)

Speedwagon is still present in the Part 2 OVA storyboards on the SC OVA DVD so I really just thing Studio A.P.P.P. was really pressured with the time limit they were given, hence Speedwagon's presence decreasing in Part 1

What I'm saying might not really help much, its just sad that the time limit of the OVA seemingly limited the studio in a few places (though the movie did get some god reception in Japan apparently so IMO I think the shit the movie gets tends to be overblown)
Was Speedwagon's presence really just limited? Because from what I've read on the archive server, ala checking the channel for audience comments, he was just removed completely.

Yeah he was removed. From what Japanese blogs are hinting at, the OVA is one of those movies that may gloss over details because it somewhat assumes the watcher has read the manga already

The pre-DP JoJo era is quite interesting

Okay, and what can currently be done here based on the conclusions so far in this thread?

What is currently left to do here exactly?
I think there are a few feats that need to be calc'd like the Boat Feat or Kak's feat which might be helped if Cloud High 7-C Feat is unable to be used (although, I think it is usable myself)
Okay, and what can currently be done here based on the conclusions so far in this thread?
So is anybody here willing and able to perform calculation for the remaining viable feats here, or can you provide sufficient visual information, so I can ask a few calc group members for help?

Hm. Since the High 7-C+ Calc has been accepted, and all... couldn't we put a vote to it and once we get enough mod support, apply it to Ova! Jotaro's profile?
What is the argument about, and can somebody write a tally for which members here that have thought what so far?

It occurred to me that Kak's ES feat could scale to Dio directly, as it's technically not Kak's feat, but rather a byproduct of Dio kicking it, overcoming it's energy, and then redirecting all of it to blow through some buildings.

It'd all scale directly to Dioi's roundhouse as the energy and momentum is actually coming from him, all of it.

So is anybody here willing and able to perform calculation for the remaining viable feats here, or can you provide sufficient visual information, so I can ask a few calc group members for help?
What is the argument about, and can somebody write a tally for which members here that have thought what so far?
So about this...

Also, can somebody write a list of the members who helped out here previously, so I can send a notification message to them?

Well for here, we initially thought that maybe OVA Jotaro can scale to High 7-C since in the lost Phantom Blood movie, a feat was performed there that led to those results. We weren't sure about if they were in the same canon so a "Possibly High 7-C" might suffice but after further research, I don't think the OVAs and the PB Movie are in the same timeline so a Possibly rating wouldn't really work anymore but that would require a bit of discussion.

Back