• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I believe that is all the votes counted and the OP updated at long last, please say so if you see a vote in the wrong place or not there at all!

So here we go, vote on the ones you feel strongly about and let’s see the direction we want to take Genshin in.
I did not notice this until now, for what it's worth
Shenhe freezing a tsunami ✅ 6 (@_Nelliels @_Naitodesu @_TheGreatJedi13 @_Jackpact @_Mariogoods @Wdinatx) ❌ 1 (@_RatherClueless) ➖ 2 (@_Pikaman @Wdinatx)
This should just be a yes for me. Not sure where my abstention came from but if I had to guess it's me not being sure on who this scales to.

I did not notice this until now, for what it's worth

This should just be a yes for me. Not sure where my abstention came from but if I had to guess it's me not being sure on who this scales to.
Sorry about that, has been fixed

Last edited:
You are supposed to wait 12 to 24 hours though that's more of an approximation than a hard rule.
Ah my bad

Anyways there’s a few things here that have been overwhelmingly voted on one way or another, I’m gonna compile them all and make sure people don’t have issues with me “setting them in stone” so to speak in order to clear up the thread with vote counts on stuff that is obviously going one way or another

Huhn, I could've sworn I gave my input on this thread

OK

So a lot has happened recently in the Genshin General Discussion thread and abilities, scaling, calcs etc have all been brought up and questioned so here is a little thingy to vote on everything in Genshin right now and if it should stay, go, be added etc. before we then decide what to do with the results

key:

✅ = Agree votes
❌ = Disagree votes
➖ = Neutral Votes

Green text = Currently Agreed

Red text = Currently Disagreed/Opposed

Grey Text = Currently Undecided/Neutral

Purple Text = Split Descision/Tie

So here we go, vote on the ones you feel strongly about and let’s see the direction we want to take Genshin in.

CURRENT CALCS

Links attached of course
Disagree with using this
Disagree with using this
I really can't say, it seems like it's good but still has problems
If only it were on-screen, Neutral on this too
Would be fine, but wouldn't it be more Accurate to use German Mountains? Since this is what Mondstadt is based off of?
Disagree
My opinion on this is neutral but above has highlighted size scaling issues
Negative again, cause Size scaling issues "37km Tree roots" is absurd
COMMON PLACE ABILITIES

These are abilities and powers that are shared by most if not all of the Genshin Cast

Summoning and limited Telekinesis ✅ 1 (@Nelliels) ❌ 5 (@Naitodesu @Pikaman @Jackpact @Mariogoods @Wdinatx) ➖1 (@RatherClueless)
Neutral on this, they seem to be only able to perform this when the Weapon is around there, the time with Amber in the manga she couldn't summon her bow at the Hilochurl camp
Disagree, this Elemental Intangibility is. Mostly portrayed as them shrouding themselves in their Elemental energy rather than literally turning into the element
Agree
I don't recall Elemental energy ever causing Diseases, would you be referring to the Sickness that comes from exposure to conc. Elemental energy?

Disagree, seems more like Status Effect Inducement
Agree
Enhanced Senses/Extrasensory Perception
Sure via Elemental Sight
See above^
Resistance to Empathic Manipulation ✅ 6 (@Pikaman @Nelliels @Jackpact @Naitodesu @Expectro2000xxx @TheGreatJedi13 @Wdinatx)❌ 2 (@RatherClueless @Pikaman) ➖0

SCALING

These assume that the associated calcs all turn out fine, so please do not factor the calc itself into your vote here, but its usability in a scaling chain

Razor Scaling for Low and Mid Tiers ✅ 1 (@Pikaman) ❌ 3 (@RatherClueless @Naitodesu @Jackpact) ➖ 2 (@Nelliels @Wdinatx)
The calc doesn't work, the scaling shouldn't.
Disagree
Guhua Scaling for Mid Tiers

Beidou/Xiao Beisht Scaling ✅ 1 (@Jackpact) ❌ 3 (@RatherClueless @Naitodesu @Jackpact) ➖ 3 (@Pikaman @Nelliels @Wdinatx)
Burn it down
OTHER

Just other stuff discussed we might want to consider, the most prone topic here to additions in terms of what can be voted on, so please do suggest anything you think might work!

Waster Greatsword’s Mountain Busting Might ✅ 1 (@Pikaman) ❌ 1 (@RatherClueless ➖1 (@Wdinatx)
Disagree, this would depend on whoever wields it but also sounds like flowery language
Resistance to Mind Manipulation/Corruption ✅ 3 (@Naitodesu @Jackpact @Wdinatx) ❌ 0 ➖ 0
Agree
Elemental Intangibility associated abilities e.g. Flight ✅ 0 ❌ 2 (@RatherClueless @Pikaman) ➖ 1 (@Wdinatx)
Yes but No? So a Neutral I guess
I disagreed with it being Elemental intang, but when they do shroud themselves in Elemental energy they can seemingly fly, Like Childe leaving the Golden house, Traveler snatching Thoma's vision back.
Changing Summoning/Telekinesis to Weapon Control ✅ 5 (@Pikaman @Naitodesu @Jackpact @Mariogoods @Wdinatx) ❌ 0 ➖ 0
Agree
Agree
Madness Manip for Karma ✅ 2 (@Jackpact @Wdinatx) ❌ 0 ➖ 0
Agree
Resistance to Karma ✅ 2 (@Jackpact @Wdinatx) ❌ 0 ➖ 0
Agree, but it's limited iirc

So I decided to take a look at this...

First off, just going to say... This OP is a complete mess. It's hard to follow, messy, badly formatted, etc.

It also lacks scans or any explanation for the ability and scaling sections completely, which makes this hard for those outside of the Genshin sphere like myself to analyze and comment on.

Please, do not ever make a Content Revision like this again. This is the first time I've seen a CRT that had literally ZERO evidence for anything it tried to revise in the OP. Which made this a nightmare to go through because I had to do my own digging. Honestly, this might be the single worst CRT I've seen in terms of formatting.

Still, I will share my standings on each subject.

Calculations:
Abilities:
  • Disagree with Summoning and limited Telekinesis. No proof of this at all. It's just weapon control.
  • Disagree with Elemental Intangibility. Heavily contradicted from the looks of it.
  • Agree with Forcefield Creation.
  • Disagree with Disease Manipulation.
  • Disagree with Empathic Manipulation.
  • Neutral on Resistance to Diseases. I need context.
  • Neutral on Resistance to Diseases. I need context.
I have no idea how the people in the verse scale so neutral.

Last edited:
I share same sentiments with Shey regarding lore.
Like elemental intang is weird because there is evidence showing it could be then there are evidence that it shouldn't be. (Hu tao outright disappearing with her dash, The element they are covered with appears smaller than their actual bodies etc etc but there really isnt any good explanation to it rather than visual presentation)

There are new context regarding diseases and empathic like a complete personality change and outright identity insanity. The disease do feel like simply an inducement but it did say to actually make you sick and not just afflicted by status effect and it also gets worse and stronger over time with more exposure.

although i do not have scans for it atm since im on phone

I mean in the new event there’s a dialogue option for the traveler where they ask Mona to “Do that thing where they turn into water”

There are new context regarding diseases and empathic like a complete personality change and outright identity insanity. The disease do feel like simply an inducement but it did say to actually make you sick and not just afflicted by status effect and it also gets worse and stronger over time with more exposure.
I’m not knowledgeable on this, and it’s too complicated for me to know how to google it, but weren’t the effects that Madame Ping described about the same as real life radiation poisoning?

I mean in the new event there’s a dialogue option for the traveler where they ask Mona to “Do that thing where they turn into water”
Yeah, I picked that up, Him saying that kinda implies it's a thing not just everyone can do

Could have to limit it to those who have outright shown the elemental transformation then
Yes and Mona can do wacky stuff with Hydro, seeing as she seemingly made a Hydro portal to escape with Traveler and Fischl in the v1 event and Scaramouche said they've escaped despite the Hydro thingy still being on the floor

Can we just go ahead and apply the Resistance to Karma? The latest Archon Quest pretty blatantly states it, so I can't imagine it being controversial.

Can we just go ahead and apply the Resistance to Karma? The latest Archon Quest pretty blatantly states it, so I can't imagine it being controversial.
I agree with this. what has been accepted here should be applied
what is being discussed or needs more input and discussion should be moved to another CRT. which should be presented better and compile the arguments presented in the replies as well

Is it okay for me to join this discussion?

Neutral for Razor calc
in favor of Guhua calc
Neutral to Shenhe calc
Neutral for Venti's Landscaping Initiative and Venti could lift Pilos peak; aren't these basically one feats?
Agree to Andrius calc
Neutral to Raiden Shogun calc
Disagree for Summoning and limited Telekinesis but agree for weapon control
Neutral for Elemental Intangibility; as of now only Ayaka and Mona can turn into elements
agree for Forcefield Creation
agree for Disease Manipulation
Agree to Disease Manipulation
agree to Razor Scaling for Low and Mid Tiers
disagree for Beidou/Xiao Beisht Scaling; I think it's better for them to be scaled the same as Shenhe.
Disagree on Waster Greatsword's Mountain Busting Might; isn't this just exaggerated?
agree for Resistance to Mind Manipulation/Corruption
disagree Elemental Intangibility associated abilities e.g. Flight
Agree for Changing Summoning/Telekinesis to Weapon Control
Neutral to Aura
agree for Madness Manip for Karma
agree for Resistance to Karma

Last edited:
Is it okay for me to join this discussion?

Disagree for Summoning and limited Telekinesis but agree for weapon mastery

Neutral for Elemental Intangibility; as of now only Ayaka and Mona can turn into elements
It's fine. We need more activity anyways.

I don't think Weapon Mastery is even up to discussion here.

Didn't Childe do it as well after the fight against him?

This thread should be remade with proper explanations, sources, and references for all the abilities.

ATM it's a complete mess. I don't recommend trying to get any of this accepted in the current state.

This thread should be remade with proper explanations, sources, and references for all the abilities.

ATM it's a complete mess. I don't recommend trying to get any of this accepted in the current state.
I’m currently planning on a Pt.2 of this thread, right now most of what this is is confirming supporter’s opinions on already standing abilities, calculations, scaling chains, etc.

Once I know what people want removed (and what people want added), I’ll make a “proper” CRT to rally staff opinion for those changes, with proper explanations and all that, dw

I’m currently planning on a Pt.2 of this thread, right now most of what this is is confirming supporter’s opinions on already standing abilities, calculations, scaling chains, etc.

Once I know what people want removed (and what people want added), I’ll make a “proper” CRT to rally staff opinion for those changes, with proper explanations and all that, dw

You probably should have done that in the discussion thread rather than make this CRT.

Anyway, what else needs to be done here?

You probably should have done that in the discussion thread rather than make this CRT.
Yes, apologies, I just wanted to have a hub here to tally and congregate all the votes outside of the discussion thread

Anyway, what else needs to be done here?
Most if not all Genshin Supporters have given input afaik, so I’ll tally up any outstanding votes and begin looking at what needs put in the pt. 2, before making it (which will take some time)

Back