• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I’m iffy on the Shenhe calc because it uses a different scaling system to every other distance based calc, if one stays, the other should be revised. (You’ll notice I’m neutral on all of them because idk which I prefer)
We might need to have a discussion regarding that and then we'll need to redo some calculations with whatever scaling system we choose.

Breaking down what I think is Clueless' point, Vision Users can ultimately resist concentrated elemental energies ******* up their bodies but it doesn't equalize to them actually resisting Disease Manipulation/Empathic Manipulation in general. I don't really think this is cause for not adding it as a resistance, but I do think that Biological Manipulation that induces madness, illness, etc., is a better way to word it than the way we have it currently.
Oh, so basically he mean that like we resist energy manip (not really just representing) that do various affect on normal people body but, it doesn't mean we can resist the actual manipulation of said effect? Eh, don't know how that work since that mean you need have feat covering all basis of said manip or you would just get limited resistance or (limited) resistance to something else that do the samething. But whatever work for you i guess.

About the bio manip with varied affect, i guess @Pikaman can put it up for everyone to choose.

I was wondering whether the Traveler should get Summoning since Xiao has said and proven that he will show up as long as they say his name?

I was wondering whether the Traveler should get Summoning since Xiao has said and proven that he will show up as long as they say his name?
That's in my opinion more Xiao's ability than the Traveler's. It's just Xiao doing something out of his own volition without giving the person he is doing this for any extra abilities. He could technically do that with other people to whom he didn't promise anything.

That's in my opinion more Xiao's ability than the Traveler's. It's just Xiao doing something out of his own volition without giving the person he is doing this for any extra abilities. He could technically do that with other people to whom he didn't promise anything.
And yet he ignore Paimon and Xiangling call, only to answer to the traveler immediately, it wouldn't really make sense for him to ignore some and just answer the traveler. Still unless we place them in Liyue and outside help is allowed then i doubt Xiao would be summonable in a vs thread.

And yet he ignore Paimon and Xiangling call, only to answer to the traveler immediately, it wouldn't really make sense for him to ignore some and just answer the traveler. Still unless we place them in Liyue and outside help is allowed then i doubt Xiao would be summonable in a vs thread.
Paimon and Xiangling weren't in any danger and answering the Traveler is part of a promise Xiao made which is why the Traveler even had the idea to call for him. Xiao's profile explicitly mentions that he hears cries for help all across Liyue which is supported by the end of this quest from the Lantern Rite event.

So yeah, all in all, no Xiao summoning for Traveler. Now do you have any opinons on the CRT Nehz?

Edit: also would you agree with changing resistance to Bio and empathic manip to Bio manip that cause the previous effect?

Edit: also would you agree with changing resistance to Bio and empathic manip to Bio manip that cause the previous effect?
Diseases can certainly be explained with Biological Manipulation and effects on emotions and personality can technically be explained with that as well. I'm just not sure if we can consider that to be the case here since things like emotions and personality are often also affected by powers that don't have much to do with biology in fiction. Was it explicitly stated that these effects are generated by elemental energy affecting the body?

Can you provide a link or scan? The exact wording can be important for a matter like this. If I'm not wrong, then these Resistances were derived from the effects of the elemental energy in Smaragdus Jadeite that can be caused through close proximity and don't affect people like Vision users though I don't recall them saying that these effects work on a biological level or something like that.

Last edited:

Here, scroll down to right after the second time Krosl name appear alot and Dr Baizhu anecdote on it.

Yeah makes sense

Here, scroll down to right after the second time Krosl name appear alot and Dr Baizhu anecdote on it.
Is it because of the fact that Baizhu being familiar with it and the information being included in a commentary he mentions indicates that this is a medical matter? Or do you consider the fact that the personality changes occur in serious cases as evidence for them being extensions of the mild maladies that occur in less serious cases? It would be good if you could quote the exact part that is relevant here, so I can know that for sure.

Is it because of the fact that Baizhu being familiar with it and the information being included in a commentary he mentions indicates that this is a medical matter? Or do you consider the fact that the personality changes occur in serious cases as evidence for them being extensions of the mild maladies that occur in less serious cases? It would be good if you could quote the exact part that is relevant here, so I can know that for sure.
Just from memory I think Yanfei said that personality change is an extreme case, though you can probably logic it out that it increases in likelihood the more prolonged the exposure is

It would be good if you could quote the exact part that is relevant here, so I can know that for sure.
These 2:
Yanfei: I don't know if Granny told you this, but Smaragdus Jadeite is found deep underground and contains very concentrated elemental energy.
Yanfei: If mere mortals come into contact with it, well, they'll be sick in the best case, and in the worst-case, they could even experience a dramatic change of personality. It most certainly would not be "smooth to the touch".

Baizhu: It is abundant in elemental energy, so if someone without a Vision is in contact with it for a prolonged period... Best case scenario, they fall ill, worst-case scenario, they'll suffer great changes in personality and their illness will only ever get worse...

Those are the main stuff for Vision wielder resisting the effect, now whether you guys think it's bio manip or not is being discussed here.

Just from memory I think Yanfei said that personality change is an extreme case, though you can probably logic it out that it increases in likelihood the more prolonged the exposure is
Yeah, that's definitely you can just figure to yourself.

The CRT will take a while so probably but I mean we’re looking down the barrel of a total revamp scaling wise so no guarantees it’s valid for long

Optional summon lmao

Can I suggest considering we’re currently looking like throwing all scaling out the window that we begin to discuss alternatives? Considering the Shenhe calc looks fairly popular maybe use that

I disagree with Guhua leveling a bamboo forest with a casual sword swing for the reason PhantomØ4 stated in that blog. While assumption of X fictional country represent Y country IRL is a good topic in Genshin fanbase and sometimes start a flame war, it should be better avoided in vs debating.

I agree with Shenhe freezing a tsunami.

Summoning and limited Telekinesis? I heard that it is about their weapons. We VS Battles Wiki now has Weapon Control (which includes "Telekinetically control weapons or weapon-like objects." and "Freely summon weapons to one's side.") to cover this subject.

The island-breaking feat is safe to stay.

Last edited:
Yeah I’m getting everything together and updating what I need to update in one fell swoop, don’t worry I haven’t forgotten

There's new statements for Vision users resisting the effect of Karma corruption, this should go alongside the resistance to effects of conc. Elemental energy

There's new statements for Vision users resisting the effect of Karma corruption, this should go alongside the resistance to effects of conc. Elemental energy
Yeah, there is the matter of Vision users resisting the Xiao's karma. What is conc. though?

Remove my name on agree to Xiao/Beidou scaling, anyway since it's outright confirmed, vision user should get resistance to all the stuff that Karma can do and Karma should get madness manip since Raozhong went mad from fighting alongside Bosacius who also went mad from Karma, tho i see that we listed that as empathic, would it be changed to madness manip now that it's confirmed to drove other around them mad?

Sorry, been really busy as of late, but gimme a week tops and I should almost definitely have this all sorted for the discussion to continue

Sorry, been really busy as of late, but gimme a week tops and I should almost definitely have this all sorted for the discussion to continue
Well it's a good thing that you took longer because I don't remember this being in the general thread and found it on accident

anyway since it's outright confirmed, vision user should get resistance to all the stuff that Karma can do and Karma should get madness manip since Raozhong went mad from fighting alongside Bosacius who also went mad from Karma, tho i see that we listed that as empathic, would it be changed to madness manip now that it's confirmed to drove other around them mad?
Agree with this and because of all the things showing elemental energy can give normal people radiation poisoning. The idea of them doing it to others (at least on purpose) is pretty ridiculous to me but them being resistant to all this is extremally consistent.
I disagree with Guhua leveling a bamboo forest with a casual sword swing for the reason PhantomØ4 stated in that blog. While assumption of X fictional country represent Y country IRL is a good topic in Genshin fanbase and sometimes start a flame war, it should be better avoided in vs debating.

I agree with Shenhe freezing a tsunami.

Summoning and limited Telekinesis? I heard that it is about their weapons. We VS Battles Wiki now has Weapon Control (which includes "Telekinetically control weapons or weapon-like objects." and "Freely summon weapons to one's side.") to cover this subject.

The island-breaking feat is safe to stay.
There is the fact however that bamboo forests being the same size isn't dependent on Liyue=China. Agree with the other three however... assuming I'm right to assume that you don't agree with summoning. There are multiple scenes in the manga where people outright don't have their weapon for a fight.
Paimon and Xiangling weren't in any danger and answering the Traveler is part of a promise Xiao made which is why the Traveler even had the idea to call for him. Xiao's profile explicitly mentions that he hears cries for help all across Liyue which is supported by the end of this quest from the Lantern Rite event.
The only possibility I can think of besides him hearing those two and choosing not to go there is the more esoteric possibility of him only being able to hear things he's made an oath for.

Well onto the stuff up top here's my votes:

Yes to storm

Yes to bamboo forest

Not sure on tsunami and landscaping

Yes to Pilos Peak

Yes to recalc of ice age

Yes to Musou no Hitotachi

Again no to summoning but yes to weapon control

Not sure on elemental intangibility

Yes on forcefield creation

Again no on empathic and disease manip but yes on resisting it

Not sure on all the scaling

Not sure on the waster sword

Again resistance to madness/mind manip and corruption

Not sure on elemental intangibility flying

See above weapon thing

Not sure on aura

Regarding summoning weapons, the "About Storing Weapons" voice-over would indicate that this is at the very least canon for the Traveler.

Back