• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Genshin Impact - 8-B Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giannysmag

He/Him
Currently all of the Adeptus tier characters are scaled to 8-B, from this calc of Guhua cutting a forest. Now my issues don't lie with the feat itself but rather anyone scaling to it.

The only things we know about Guhua is that he was a powerful Adetus swordsman who lived and died an unknown time ago. And that's it, we have no characters in the game that have ever fought him or even met him and he is only mentioned in the description for Rainslasher. There is absolutely no reason for anyone in the modern day to scale to him when we don't know if any of the Liyue cast even knew him.

The only arguament that could be made for scaling is that he is an Adeptus but:
1. We don't know for sure if he even is an Adeptus, as the rainslasher description says that he was said an Adeptus, implying it was simply word of mouth
2. He was uniquely powerful even for his time as it is said that "While Guhua lived, bandits dared not act and the wilderness knew a peace like that of the city"

So with all that being said, all the characters that currently have a 8-B rating would instead be brought down to High 8-C scaling form Bennett's calc. If anyone has a feat or calc that would upgrade them back up feel free to share tho

Agree: 3 Emirp sumitpo, CurrySenpai, GarrixianXD
Disagree: 0
Neutral 0

Last edited:
just when I made a land of waves sasuke vs traveler matchup… this comes up. Has this been accepted? I haven’t played genshin so idk. If this is accepted then… shit. That’s another matchup that cant be done…

just when I made a land of waves sasuke vs traveler matchup… this comes up. Has this been accepted? I haven’t played genshin so idk. If this is accepted then… shit. That’s another matchup that cant be done…
It hasnt been accepted yet, we need one more stuff vote. There's also the faintest chance that the 8-B end in Navia's calc gets accepted but i wouldn't put my hopes in that

..well, the calc is kinda weird, first the blade isn't pixel scaled correctly, the blade vey visibly isn't that dull (4,1 cm is clearly bullshit) also why are you only calculating the compression and pulverization?

assuming the sword does cut cleanly through the bamboo, it would be doing shearing plus compression to pulverize the material in the way, If you accounted for the shear the numbers would have gone up, although for the compression/pulverization with a blade as thin and sharp as the one shown, the energy output required for the latter shouldn't really make the numbers go up by much

Some time ago I had my best attempt at calcing Navia destroys a boulder although an end hasn't been determined since it wasn't approved yet so it might either reinforce this or contradict it (or just solely be given to Navia lol)

can't really comment much on this because of the big explosion after effect, but the rock can easily be destroyed using crack propagation if the initital volley of canon balls did enough damage and managed to crack it a bit (for which you don't need anywhere near 2 tons of tnt) that would then serve as a precipitation for a fracture that develops on it's own

2 tons of tnt is way too overkill

can't really comment much on this because of the big explosion after effect, but the rock can easily be destroyed using crack propagation if the initital volley of canon balls did enough damage and managed to crack it a bit (for which you don't need anywhere near 2 tons of tnt) that would then serve as a precipitation for a fracture that develops on it's own
It doesn't just crack the boulder tho, it's almost completely obliterated in the explosion with only a few fragments falling to the ground

It doesn't just crack the boulder tho, it's almost completely obliterated in the explosion with only a few fragments falling to the ground
yes, that's what happens with crack propagation, cracks propagate at hypersonic speeds and with how many canon balls were launched i can see them causing enough damage to damage an 18 meters rock and create human sized fragments along the way, assuming the size is 18 meters at least, if it's way bigger then all i'm spouting is bullshit,i suck at math anyways, only thing i'm unsure about is the big explosion at the end, that seems like something that woud easily, destroy a 18 meters rock to multiple little fragments by itself, idk if that's just for aesthetic but it is what it is

yes, that's what happens with crack propagation, cracks propagate at hypersonic speeds and with how many canon balls were launched i can see them causing enough damage to damage an 18 meters rock and create human sized fragments along the way, assuming the size is 18 meters at least, if it's way bigger then all i'm spouting is bullshit,i suck at math anyways, only thing i'm unsure about is the big explosion at the end, that seems like something that woud easily, destroy a 18 meters rock to multiple little fragments by itself, idk if that's just for aesthetic but it is what it is
Point is that the actual destruction of the boulder was caused by the explosion, not the initial impact, there's no reason to not use frag/ voilent frag for the full destruction of the boulder
Somebody please update me so I can close my thread if it is since the matchup would be a stomp
Will do
It's another day for a miHoYo downgrade, based, let's go for tier 11 by the end of this year.
We gon make Tier 12 just to downgrade Genshin to it

Is that an agreement?

Well that's the 2 stuff votes needed, tho i'd like to keep the thread open for longer to discuss the Navia calc

Point is that the actual destruction of the boulder was caused by the explosion, not the initial impact, there's no reason to not use frag/ voilent frag for the full destruction of the boulder
violent frag ignores the structural integrity of the rock due to it's jow tensire strenght and it's lack of abilty to handle deformations it will crack and explode with an energy output orders of magnitudes lower than a whole 2 tons of tnt, that's literal overkill for an 18 meters rock, but that's an issue for a lot of calcs here ig

thinks of this as a nit pick anyways, it won't change the fact that calc will be accpted, the math is fine anyways iirc

Well that's the 2 stuff votes needed, tho i'd like to keep the thread open for longer to discuss the Navia calc
You only have one staff vote required for this, as per our rules.

"The concluding evaluations must be handled by Thread Moderators, Administrators, or Bureaucrats, who should make an effort to base their evaluations on valid arguments, not personal opinions."

I'll rework the calculation for the time being, meanwhile, this can go through so it'll take me a bit to redo the entire thing.

Is this applicable or do we need more staff votes? I have agreed for a while that the Guhua calc is hardly applicable to anyone anyway, so it probably should be removed from scaling until we find something better.

I dont see anyone strictly scaling to guhua,Jean Diluc Venti and mond traveler scale to dvalin who is 8-B Tartaglia scales to liyue traveler and above him with foul legacy,Shenhe is 7-A and Yelan is 6C Ayaka fought alongside inazuma traveler against mangu kenki in this Event even if she admitted traveler is far superior it does not disregard her already 8-B scaling as she is still able to keep up with traveler and mangu kenki in this Fight. Even people like noelle lisa and kaeya scale to mond traveler diluc and jean(not fully but are comparable to some point) as well.my idea is that newer characters with no clear feats should not scale to Guhua at all and rather use some other ways of scaling them or we should make another tiers in genshin for those characters

All of the 8-B characters scale to Guhua because Guhua's feat is the only 8-B feat in the verse
Jean Diluc Venti and mond traveler scale to dvalin who is 8-B
It's actually the other way around. Dvalin and Diluc scale to Jean, who scales to Childe, who scales to Liyue Traveler who scales to Ganyu, who supposedely scales to Guhua
my idea is that newer characters with no clear feats should not scale to Guhua at all and rather use some other ways of scaling them or we should make another tiers in genshin for those characters
I do agree that a lot of the verses scalign should be revised and i'm planning on doing some sort of big rescaling thread later this year. Removing the 8-B feat is just kind off the set up for that

All of the 8-B characters scale to Guhua because Guhua's feat is the only 8-B feat in the verse

It's actually the other way around. Dvalin and Diluc scale to Jean, who scales to Childe, who scales to Liyue Traveler who scales to Ganyu, who supposedely scales to Guhua

I do agree that a lot of the verses scalign should be revised and i'm planning on doing some sort of big rescaling thread later this year. Removing the 8-B feat is just kind off the set up for that
Didnt dvalin made this feat which is above jean scaling?I know its made 3 years ago but i think it can work well.Also there is a litteral klee feat about defeating primogeovishap who can shake the mountains and split the earth and i already made a rework thread Here and used some of klee and dvalin feats to upscale the tiers so check that out too

Also ganyu IMO should scale to Shenhe because both of them are trained by Cloud retainer and are able to use their power to the fullest (i still think shenhe can be scaled much higher for beating up beisht who is similar to osial but likely weaker if i remember correctly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back