• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Second22

They/Them
At the moment, Genshin Impact is not clear about the issue of speed, and the problem of Razor's Lightning speed. I will come to explain and address that point.

Razor's Lightning speed

Since the feat of Low 7-B is currently being considered as an outliers from this thread, and Razor's own Vision cannot adjust scale with lightning speed. His electrical current does not come from the actual sky, but is a collection of electricity from the surrounding environment.

Argument

In-game character attributes and profile page text​

From this context, some people may believe that he has actual lightning speed, which is incorrect because the English translation is slightly inaccurate regarding lightning.
Translate key words: He has sharp intuition and is agile in his movements.
"As agile as lightning," is not a direct translation of the original text, but it conveys a similar meaning. The original text does not specifically mention lightning, but the use of the word "agile" implies a high degree of speed and quickness

About the Vision (Friendship Lv. 4)​

From this context, some people may believe that Razor is as fast as lightning because there is the phrase 'fight with lightning tooth!' which may be interpreted as a response to lightning. However, this is not the case
While "雷" can mean "thunder," and "牙" can mean "tooth," in this context, they are not used together to form a specific phrase or term. Rather, they are simply two separate words used in the context of Razor fighting to protect Lupika. It's important to understand that context plays a significant role in determining the meaning of words and phrases in any language. In this case, the context is a sentence about a character named Razor fighting to protect another character named Lupika, with no reference to any specific attributes of Razor (such as lightning speed) beyond his involvement in a fight. Therefore, based on the context of the sentence provided, there is no reason to interpret the words "雷" and "牙" as "Thunder's teeth."

Anyway, there hasn't been much discussion about these translation issues yet, but I will solve the problem before it arises.

Jean dodges lightning

This is a highly inaccurate calculation. Jean is just running or dashing. Its clear aim dodging. I won't talk much about this issue because it's straightforward and needs to be addressed.

Correction

The new calculation for Eula has been introduced, and the result is at Supersonic. Well, we do know that Eula and Jean are relatively equal, so logically, Jean would scale similarly. The Traveler would scale to Eula through fighting Susbedo. The Traveler can be applied to basically all of the other characters they've fought, like in Sumeru.

Characters that will not scale with this speed

Any character in Genshin Impact that does not have clear speed feats will be adjusted to Unknown such as:

Electro vision

A character who possesses an Electro vision and demonstrates clear lightning feats would still be able to reach MHS speed, but only in terms of attack speed.
It is no longer possible to scale Razor to MHS. Nevertheless, Speed of electricity (556 m/s) remains the minimum threshold. Therefore, anyone with Electro vision who does not meet the criteria for using Lightning Feats will be adjusted to Supersonic with Attack Speed (For a character with actual electricity projection)

Note: However, I have not been playing Genshin Impact for a long time, so there may be some points that I miss. I think it would be better to discuss about the speed in this thread instead, as AP has already summarized the majority of the results.

Votes

Agree (7)Shey, Johnboy, Naitodesu, BoastJr, DarkGrath, Dalesean027, Just_a_Random_Butler
Disagree
Neutral

Last edited:
Don't really care about the ratings, but 雷的牙is one phrase. If they are seperate it would be something like 雷和牙 or something similar, but since they are connected by 的, 雷 is describing 牙or it could be possesive in which case it would be thunder's teeth

Don't really care about the ratings, but 雷的牙is one phrase. If they are seperate it would be something like 雷和牙 or something similar, but since they are connected by 的, 雷 is describing 牙or it could be possesive in which case it would be thunder's teeth
Okay, that might be right, but generally not possible to assess Razor's speed in terms of lightning, as he was not reacting to lightning but rather using his own lightning while fighting.

What about the Chinese transcript for the Interlude Quest of the moment where Wanderer receives his Vision.
In his Character Story 6 it says
"...As he moved like lightning itself, a blazing light came between him and the Everlasting Lord of Arcane Wisdom, blocking its attack. His will and his choice had gained him the eye of the god
."

Most important ly, I Agree

This change is probably justified. We are normally quite conservative about the use of lightning feats for judging speed - broad statements along the lines of "they moved like lightning", "they were as agile as lightning", and so on would already be questionable by themselves. Being translations that only roughly match the original quotes cements the fact that these aren't reliable statements.

The Jean feat is interesting. I've played Genshin before, and to my memory, it is possible to i-frame the lightning strikes demonstrated - this could be argued as "dodging the lightning after it has struck", which would make the feat valid and would invalidate simply writing it off as aim dodging. However, I'm not sure whether we'd regard that as a legitimate feat, or just a consequence of game mechanics. I don't know if we have a standard in-writing for this kind of situation, and if we don't, I'd like to investigate how such feats are treated in other verses as a means to set a precedent.

The Jean feat is interesting. I've played Genshin before, and to my memory, it is possible to i-frame the lightning strikes demonstrated - this could be argued as "dodging the lightning after it has struck", which would make the feat valid and would invalidate simply writing it off as aim dodging. However, I'm not sure whether we'd regard that as a legitimate feat, or just a consequence of game mechanics. I don't know if we have a standard in-writing for this kind of situation, and if we don't, I'd like to investigate how such feats are treated in other verses as a means to set a precedent.
I mean, we can clearly see that it's just a matter of pressing the gameplay's run button, and I don't think that pressing the run or dash button like that would make it go faster than lightning.

However, Yelan has been accepted to be Supersonic+ and Class K. Has anyone scaled to her?
No one so far? Yelan's fought a very small sample size of people. Traveler and Yanfei could scale to her in speed because of them being able to keep up with her movements during a cutscene as well as being able to do their part fighting off hordes of shadows that were already overwhelming her

Yes, I suppose. Though those that I stated above could get it though Traveler already got their rating from Eula and Susbedo. So I think for now we can play safe and just give it to Yelan.

Yes, but wouldn't they scale higher to basically Lightning speeds? I assume the speed downgrade didn't apply to the god-tiers at least

Is there anyone who can scale with Yelan supersonic+? I'm not sure about scaling with characters like Shogun or Zhongli, but anyway, I'm okay with them being "Should be faster than characters on the level of Yelan" for now. I see that Genshin mostly scales characters like this, although I'm not sure if it's correct.

Well, yeah that's probably what's logical. Archon and god-tiers would upscale from weaker characters. Don't include Beidou though, I'm thinking about knocking her High 7-A rating over.

Okay, then

@DarkGrath @Emirp sumitpo @Dalesean027 @Just_a_Random_Butler
Is there anyone who can scale with Yelan supersonic+? I'm not sure about scaling with characters like Shogun or Zhongli, but anyway, I'm okay with them being "Should be faster than characters on the level of Yelan" for now. I see that Genshin mostly scales characters like this, although I'm not sure if it's correct.
What do you guys think about this?

Wouldn't it be better if we added Possibly/Likely Supersonic+ to Archons? Because they don't have a clear scale in terms of speed compared to Yelan.

The archons should definately scale and probably Inazuma/Sumeru Traveler since they fought both the Raiden Shogun and god Scaramouche

I’m fine with likely rating.

Exactly, I would like to hear @Nehz_XZX 's opinion first because he is an important staff member of this verse. However, if he doesn't provide feedback within the next 2-3 days, I will start making corrections.

I don't agree with likely rating, Archon's identity being the strongest in each country. But I can't argue with this. I can't find Scan clear enough. Most of them only describe the effects of their power. However, if the majority agrees, I can't argue with that.

If we don't have sufficient context to scale for speed, then using this Likely rating as normal is necessary.

Sorry for being late, I had some personal business to attend to. Can I ask you something before I can solve it? Does Razor not scale with Traveler in terms of speed? I'm not sure whether to give Unknown or Razor.

Back