• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Thanos vs Odin/ A Thanos AP upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
So should we use "At least 4-B, possibly far higher", or just 4-B?

I'd say the first option is more accepting of inconsistencies the character may show without slapping a tier on them, so I suppose that may work.

This may affect those characters who directly scale from Thanos alone.

I think that Thanos is considered more powerful than our other straight 4-B Marvel characters.

To an unknown extent. It isn't like every "possibly far higher" needs to have an exact value

So we don't even know what feats we are using to reach that? and if we do, then we would have an exact value do to seeing what each feat yields

Eh, nevermind, reconsidering it, just 4-B sounds better. We can assume to whatever point Thanos caps, but then someone may try to use outlierish feats to upgrade every 4-B to that point.

Yes, I think Thanos is better just staying there, albeit, I think a possibly galaxy level tier might be warranted for herald levels, but that's basically it's own thread isn't it?

Antvasima said:
I think that Thanos is considered more powerful than our other straight 4-B Marvel characters.
Higher than Tyrant and Death seed sentry and Kurse and Warrior's Madness Thor and Champion ? And more i'm Forgetting

@Hykuu: Yes

He already got slapped by Tyrant even while being amped

Deathseed Sentry is hopefully getting upgraded tho

Antvasima said:
So should nothing be changed here?
In my opinion it should be chalked up to the general inconsistency of marvel power scaling, so yes nothing should be changed.

The only feat that merits a higher than 4B rating for Thanos is him putting up somewhat of a fight against 4A galactus and that may also be attributable to the same.

Well, depowered Tyrant managed to hurt a at least moderately fed Galactus. i Think he and Thanos could be upgraded as well. And i dont see a stomp in Odin vs Thanos, he kept getting knocked down and getting back up several times, and Odin respected his powers. He also was able to survive agains the likes of Omega (Marvel Comics) who had eaten 3 planets .

Yes, but Tyrant was depowered and Thanos was amped aswell.

It is still Inconsistent regardless, Odin holds back, He has better feats even while weakend, FAR better feats actually. Thanos' feats barely come close.

Well didn't Doctor Strange, Spiderman, Adam Warlock, Genis Vell, Surfer and Gamora also do the same in the comic? Also, he was literally getting slapped by a starving Galactus within the same "line" of comics, so this is barely consistent.

[http:// https://2.bp.blogspot.com/G2aL0z8x8...cQdB6OZvSLuCaSXByUfSckBwn5TrUQ646b64Ey-=s1600 Just look at this,] The dude was getting slapped by Spiderman aswell, lmao.

Thanos was only amped by Morg's energy, it's not an incredible amp. From what i know, Odin even in weakend state or holding back have galaxy level feats. I think Thanos could scale to that, i personally don't think he is 2-C. I remind a galaxy level feat of Thanos, but it's from a black hole.

Omega was not getting slapped by spider man, it's just his weakness of slow reflexes and this could be considered a outlier for Spiderman, and you can cleary see the difference of the attack that Omega did on Thanos and the one he did on Genis for example.

Morg is very strong, one of the strongest heralds, and it still doesn't scale to base.

Odin while weakend had 2-A feats, not galaxy level, the destroying galaxy level part is just a minor part of the greater feat.

He wasn't really getting slapped, but do you really think a 2-C who is supposedly multiple times more powerful than Galactus would have trouble with Spiderman, even with the slow reflexes? btw, Then if there is a difference between each blast then how are you determining that one blast was 2-C? Without the Blast Power being different as you demonstrated?

I don't know much from Odin, sorry. i was refering to that.
Odin3

I don't think the blast is 2-C, and also don't think Thanos is. Just you could see that the other blasts don't made much damage, but the one on Thanos almost killed him, if you consider them equal that would mean that Genis-vell > Thanos, which it's not true.

By the way we have [1] this feat for Thanos (the calc) And he saying he could shatter galaxies [2]

Yes, and the same fight was taking place on all planes of reality and was destroying the fabric of the multiverse.

Ah, alright, so you are just aiming to show some more supporting feats, not 2-C, that's fine.

Good calc, could be useable for the galaxy level upgrade.

It says he became all powerful again, this is either him being arrogant as hell, praising himself or him getting an external amp, we also don't know the time frame in which he will do this.

Anyways, I probably agree with a "likely galaxy level" for Heralds, but as we said earlier, that would be basically derailing the thread at this point, and deserves its own discussion

@Zark

So what do you think that we should do here?

It seems unlikely that we will upgrade base Thanos. He is a living symbol of extremely inconsistent power-scaling.

Or power null. Also he once turned the original Captain Marvel back to his human form in the comic in which he had the Cosmic Cube for the first time.

Okay. I will unlock the page. Tell me here when you are done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back