• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Terrarian's Range Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first post seems to make sense. What are the conclusions here?

Antvasima said:
The first post seems to make sense. What are the conclusions here?
I think everyone agrees that the Terrarian's range should be upgraded. Some people have questioned on if we should use a realistic atmosphere and the island backgrounds for the size of the island or use the in game size so I think the Terrarian range should like this to include both possibilities.

'Varies from melee to a few kilometers, possibly over a hundred kilometers with their guns'

(It varies depending on the weapon but I'm not sure if that would be clunky to put in the range description)

Okay. If you have reached a consensus, it can probably be applied,

Like it was said above, the "canon" measurements can't be considered legit as it's a game mechanic to not explode PCs or consoles by creating a map accurately large, so I think we should use the distance from surface to outer space for the Terrarian's range (and the bosses with projectile based attacks.

I'll wait to see if the last proposal on range is fine or not. If it's fine then I'll add it tomorrow morning.

Then how about this

'Varies from melee to one hundred kilometers depending on the weapon'

Or should I just have it be

'Varies from melee to one hundred kilometers'

The reason I'm saying one hundred instead of hundreds is because that's the low ball we used for the Duke Fishron calc.

Most weapons have the same range (sans those affected by gravity) so I guess the first option is good enough.

Most melee weapons projectiles and magic have much shorter range than the guns. Also the thrown weapons and melee weapons without projectiles would also be vastly lower. It's just guns that would go to a hundred kilometers while most spells cap out at around a hundred meters.

Is everybody fine with me editing the profile right now, because I believe the range upgrade can now be applied.

As long as the staff here have accepted it, it should probably be fine.

I'm not sure if Calaca agreeing counts or not since he made the thread so I guess I go ask someone like Bambu or Saikou to comment (though Saikou hasn't commented on a Terraria thread in years, so I'll probably ask Bambu).

"Varies, up to a hundred kilometers" is fine with me. I think the game reaching space is a bit wonky since it clearly isn't that big, but it does support that as being true and actual legitimate space.

Ok so would it be fine if I made the changes. I don't want to rush it but this seems like enough support to add it.

Keeweed said:
Ok so would it be fine if I made the changes. I don't want to rush it but this seems like enough support to add it.
I would say yes, it should be fine.

I edited the Terrarian's range. But I remember Calaca saying it should also upgrade some of the bosses ranges so I'm not sure if I should edit those ones or not.

I mean if we have a thread for range, I guess we can work through which bosses have what range.

I'll test which attacks can go to space right now since I'm at my computer. I just hope my game doesn't crash 10 times in the process because my game is not the most stable.

I just tested the destroyer's lasers. They go over 100 meters before disappearing. That's definitely a range upgrade since we only have him at dozens of meters right now, but not as far as I thought it would go. Though that is a vast improvement for The Twins (Terraria) and Skeletron Prime since they use the same lasers.

Duke Fishron's bubble make it barely to the space biome while his sharks can actually make it all the way to the top of map.

The Wall of Flesh's lasers travel over 200 meters before disappearing.

That's all I managed to test before my game crashed; definitely upgrades but the Terrarian's guns and a few other weapons are definitely better than most bosses.

Alright, those all sound about right to what I just tested as well how did you get such exact numbers though

I'm fine with that.

I used the compass and depth meter when it came to the projectiles that didn't make it to space. Along with not having the map filled out yet so I could see the black outline around where I started and stopped. I'm not sure if Duke's bubbles should count for kilometers because they barely make it to space but the sharks for some reason can make the journey without despawning.

I'll edit the Mechanical Bosses and the Wall of Flesh. I may test Plantera's seeds and Golems attacks later and after editing the mechanical bosses and Wall of Flesh I'll see what people think of Duke's range.

I just tested Golem and Plantera. Golems fire and lasers go for over 200 meters before it the golem despawns and they also despawn with him. So I'm not sure if they would go further if I could somehow get the Golem from despawning (I say this because one of lasers started to go much further than the other ones because it took the Golem longer to despawn).

Plantera's seeds go for a similar distance but they actually have an animation of being destroyed so Plantera's max range would be around two hundred meters.

Okay so hundreds of meters range works for them then

I edited Golem and Plantera and I don't remember any other bosses having far reaching range attacks (minus the boss that's from consoles only but I cannot test him).

After retesting Duke his sharks usually don't go to space I think the shark that originally made it was a fluke along with the bubbles. The sharks would get dozens of meters while the bubbles get hundreds.

Fishron's homing tornado spawner bubble can follow you all the way up to space, so it should have 100 kilometers, also his teleportation should have the same range rating too i think

Also I just looked over Duke Fishron and he apparently got a few updates that buffer him, as he is now resistant to more stats effects and can slightly negate regen so I'll make a thread on Duke's Fishron's powers after this thread is finished.

Overlord775 said:
Fishron's homing tornado spawner bubble can follow you all the way up to space, so it should have 100 kilometers, also his teleportation should have the same range rating too i think
I was looking at that, I just found out he has two ways to summon tornadoes so I'll add that when I edit his range.

Aight, good stuff, will close now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back